A Casual Attack on Your Backlog

Update : 

Finished the story and got a A Rank on Mass Effect: Andromeda.

I'll go against a LOT a people here but I looove the game ! 

Is it perfect? No. The frame rate has issues, some NPCs are not well developped and the menus are not user friendly just to name a few things. But, the worlds are beautiful and diverse to discover, and some Loyalty quests were fantastic.

Most importantly. The gameplay is solid. Fun to try out different powers and different approches.

In my mind, that game puts the playful powers of the Bortherlands series combined with what should have been the single player campaign/world of Destiny.

So yes, after 52 hours in, I started a NG+ on Insanity to try out a new build and see if I can do it :)

My build :

Profile: Infiltrator

Powers: Turret / Cloak / Concussion

Weapons: Assault and Pistol

1 hour ago, dadoudelidou said:

Update : 

Finished the story and got a A Rank on Mass Effect: Andromeda.

I'll go against a LOT a people here but I looove the game ! 

Is it perfect? No. The frame rate has issues, some NPCs are not well developped and the menus are not user friendly just to name a few things. But, the worlds are beautiful and diverse to discover, and some Loyalty quests were fantastic.

Most importantly. The gameplay is solid. Fun to try out different powers and different approches.

In my mind, that game puts the playful powers of the Bortherlands series combined with what should have been the single player campaign/world of Destiny.

So yes, after 52 hours in, I started a NG+ on Insanity to try out a new build and see if I can do it :)

My build :

Profile: Infiltrator

Powers: Turret / Cloak / Concussion

Weapons: Assault and Pistol

Are turrets useful on insanity? I’m working on this game too and was considering doing the gold extractions instead of an entire insanity playthrough. But I also hit lv 40 in my current run as I try to raise the planets viability so I could give a speed run a try.

My biggest concern were the kett cardinals and other bosses on insanity. My build is biotic, started out vanguard but morphed into adept, both of which required lots of leveling before felt powerful with them.

Update done

I forgot to mention, I'll wait as usual until the 10th or so of January and then move everybody who didnt provide a list for S5 to the inactive list or remove them if they havent completed at least one goal.

L004390.png

Done and platted.

Very entertaining nice looking puzzle game with an easy Plat.

I guess i should work on my easy Plats list a bit, so I'll probably try to keep one easy Plat on my list at all times for a quick elimination if i feel like it. Havent decided which one ill take on next, though...

6 hours ago, Howling-Lady said:

Are turrets useful on insanity? I’m working on this game too and was considering doing the gold extractions instead of an entire insanity playthrough. But I also hit lv 40 in my current run as I try to raise the planets viability so I could give a speed run a try.

My biggest concern were the kett cardinals and other bosses on insanity. My build is biotic, started out vanguard but morphed into adept, both of which required lots of leveling before felt powerful with them.

With this build the Turrets is really useful for two reasons. 1, it primes enemy for extra damage when used with Concussion (power combo) 2. When I have the Turret active, my assault rifflle gains an extra 30% damage. 

So the Turret isn't the most damage dealing power but combined with my build and my playstyle (sneaky camper from far) its a perfect fit. Especially that it last long and is unlimited .

Finally the Cloack with that build is essential. You can use it much as you want (cooldown 2-3 seconds) and each time you use it you gain 25% of your shield right away.

I just started the NG+ and got all the way to the Nexus. So far it felt like a breeze, I haven't died once. I started NG+ at lvl 46.

I’ve decided to add Neverwinter to my list, probably a mistake as it’s going to be such a time sink.  My aim for Season V will be to get it to Rank A, but hopefully I’ll extend that to getting the Platinum over the course of 2018.

Season V

• Mass Effect 3 || PS3 || Start 0% (F) || Goal: Story Completion+ Rank A || Current: 1% (E)
  • Assassins Creed || PS3 || Goal: Story Completion ||
  • Frobisher Says || Vita || Start 10% (D) || Goal: Rank A ||
  • Dead or Alive 5: Last Round || PS4 || Start 8% (E) || Goal: Rank A || Current: 37% (C)
  • NCIS || PS3 || Start 52% (D) || Goal: Platinum ||
  • Tropico 5 || PS4 || Start 6% (D) || Goal: Story Completion + Rank A || Current: 17% (A)
  • Shadow of Mordor || PS4 || Start 1% (E) || Goal: Story Completion + Rank A ||
  • Neverwinter || PS4 || Start 0% (F) || Goal: Rank A || Current: 8% (D)
Edited by richtayls

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎03 at 11:19 AM, coldsphinx93 said:

I know I was pretty bad at keeping my posts up to date before and thusly put on the inactive list, but I would like to try to join for this season. I would change my list from last season to include games I actually want to play so I can stay motivated.

1. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth - finish story before Hacked Memory comes out

2. Persona 4 Dancing All Night - finish story

3. NHL 18 - All offline trophies/Be A Pro mode

4. Adventure Time Secret of the Nameless Kingdom - platinum

5. Assassin's Creed Chronicles - China trophies

So I know I probably wont finish digimon anytime soon. I also attempted AC but I kinda forgot how to play so I'll need some extra time to get familiar with it again.

First update.

Just Cause 3

17% -> 38%

17/24 Main Missions Done, 1/3 DLC 100%ed

Been enjoying getting back into this one. Its fun but certainly more a "short bursts" kinda game, jumping in and taking over a few bases is great, it starts to grind on you in a longer play session, especially with how flimsy Rico can feel sometimes. There's a lot of creative potential but because of that flimsiness, I find myself sticking with what works.

Reached Act 3 in the story and 100% the third DLC (As its the one most easily accessed from where I picked up). The vehicle and weapon the DLC gives you is pretty overpowered. I've also been gathering more collectibles than I figured I would. After the story is done, I might well continue to mop up them and the miscellaneous trophies. The only thing stopping me going for the platinum straight away is knowing I'll have 114 challenges to perfect.

I have also been playing some Persona 5 but no trophies there yet. They'll likely been weighted towards the end.

Casual attack? how bout a casual war?? I've got a hundred gd titles that need some degree of attention lol

but seriously this event may be able to turn that tide .. can you add me @gernboes ? If not next season is fine

So. 3-6 titles. Hmm.. where to even start?? A year ago, 3, 5?! Gahd, backlog is Ferkin MADDENING >.< 
The E grades probably wreck my sanity most, or the games 1 trophy away from plat, or those with 20+ hrs of grind left,
or the ones i just outright forgot about, or rage quit on.. <shivers> So many E's .. Staring. Watching. Silently judging..
ENOUGH. I STAB AT THEE!! Go back to the void from whence you came backlog! <rolls eyes, smokes blunt>

My Attack Plan, Jan-Mar Season (2018)

Skyrim: Dawnguard. Started, Never, currently 0/10 (F) Goal - 100%
Syberia 2. Started, Never, currently 0/13 (F) Goal 100%
Life is Strange. Started 5 September 2016, currently 24/61 (D) Goal - 100%
Dead Space 3. Started 4 April 2016, currently 2/51 (E) Goal - Plat

The Bureau: Xcom Declassified. Started 12 March 2016, currently 2/42 (E) Goal - Plat
The Walking Dead. Started 10 December 2015, currently 8/49 (E) Goal - 100%

Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Started 12 April 2015, currently 10/73 (E) Goal - (A)

Killzone 2. Started 11 April 2015, currently 1/84 (E) Goal - (A)

Beyond: Two Souls. Started 4 January 2015, currently 17/46 (D) Goal - 100%

Dragon's Crown. Started 14 August 2014, currently 38/49 (A) Goal - 100%

God of War II. Started 12 December 2011, currently 5/35 (E) Goal - 100%

God of War. Started 10 December 2011, currently 34/36 (A) Goal - 100%

Season Meta Goal - 60% overall completion, < 3k unearned trophies

o9w15sxev5py.jpg

• Like 2

Another 2 games to cross off the list.

Demetrios  was another point-and-click game that was decent. I preferred the Vita version of it, but essentially they're the same game and has the same mechanics.

Wanted Corp was a mess. The game had way too many issues, from game crashes and characters getting stuck to collectibles not spawning. The controls and gameplay weren't all that good either, so it was a fairly poor experience.

It's going to be a while before I tackle the two remaining games, as I'm trying to focus on a couple of older games for now.

Season V

• Demetrios (PS4) - Plat 6/10
  • Full Throttle - plat 7/10
  • Kona - plat 5/10
  • Wanted Corp (Vita) - plat 4/10
  • Atelier Firis - plat
  • Tales of Berseria - play through the game once
Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

Excuse me but for now you can put me in the inactive tab. I might look again in the summer but i have gotten a much busier period then i expected.

Therefore i only completed 2 of the goals i had and i won't compete in the current and next season. Like i said, maybe in the summer.

May I sign up for this season (And move from the inactive tab?)

Norn9: Var Commons (Vita) 0% Goal: Plat

Infinite Stratos 2: Ignition Hearts (Vita) [IS<インフィニット・ストラトス>2 イグニッション・ハーツ] 0% Goal: Plat

Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (Vita) 0% Goal: Plat

Edited by Yomako01

Can I please participate in this Season?

Season V

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (PS4) (22% Current) - 100%

The Wolf Among Us (PS3) (1% Current) - 100%

Alien: Isolation (PS4) (1% Current) - 100%

The Walking Dead (PS4) (84% Current) - 100%

Might add more later, depends on how these titles go.

• Like 1

On 03/01/2018 at 5:17 PM, Combatting said:

Guess I'll jump on.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole goal: :platinum:
South Park: The Stick of Truth goal: :platinum:
FIFA 18 goal: :platinum:
Project Cars goal: :platinum:
MotoGP 15  goal: :platinum:
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham goal: 100%
Mafia III goal: 100%
Uncharted 1-3 goal: 100%

At the moment, I'm currently playing The Fractured But Whole. Depending on what I get done, I'll probably add more to the list. This year, I'm looking to actually take care of my backlog. 

He says.... 

Slight update. Top two goals has been achieved :D Two playthroughs for The Stick of Truth due to me forgetting to save at certain points, but oh well at least it's quick. 

Edited by Combatting

Season V Update

Syberia

Syberia 2

Hatoful Boyfriend 100% Thought I wouldn't like this game but it was really sad.  Very good.

GOT   100% What a great game!  Iron from Ice!  Only complaint is I wanted more revenge!

Xblaze Lost: Memories

Season V Update

Syberia

Syberia 2  100%  Controls a bit wonky but a nice game.

Hatoful Boyfriend 100% Thought I wouldn't like this game but it was really sad.  Very good.

GOT   100% What a great game!  Iron from Ice!  Only complaint is I wanted more revenge!

Xblaze Lost: Memories 100% Not enough dungeon crawling in that one.

Edited by MB_27_Beach
  • Like 1

Season V Update #1

Got the platinum in Unit 13.  Most likely going to do Tekken 7 next, and then work on Venetica.

1. Tekken 7 - Platinum

2. Dead or Alive 5: Last Round - Platinum

3. Mirror's Edge Catalyst - Platinum

4. Senran Kagura Estival Versus - Platinum

5. Unit 13 - Platinum

6. Venetica - Finish First Playthrough

• Like 1

Small update: I finished NASCAR Days of Thunder (my objective was getting all offline trophies, but I could get the online ones as well). Meanwhile, I do not remember if I've forgotten, but I also had completed Persona 4 Dancing All Night...

Season V

• Atelier Firis: The Alchemist of The Mysterious Journey || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 12%
  • F1 2017 || Goal: Rank A || Current Progress: 57% (B)
  • MLB The Show 17 || Goal: Rank A || Current Progress: 0% (unstarted)
  • NASCAR Days of Thunder || Goal: All offline trophies (14 of 14) || Current Progress: 100%
  • Persona 4 Dancing All Night || Goal: Platinum || Current Progress: 100%
  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered || Goal: Story Complete || Current Progress: 4%

Now I'm working on Atelier Firis and F1 2017.

• Like 1

Hello!

Hit my target on two games, so it's going along well!

Titanfall 2 was really fun and the trophies kept coming along really easily. I haven't gone after all collectibles or the harder trophies, but I'm satisfied.

Everything was another easy one, with an unchallenging platinum. The game is not that interesting though, and in the end, I let it on autoplay to farm the more obscure trophy.

Next up, probably The Swapper.

Season V:

• Titanfall 2 || Goal: Rank A || Current Progress: 75% Rank A
  • The Swapper  || Goal: 100% || Current Progress: 0%
  • Invisible Inc  || Goal: Story Complete || Current Progress: 3%
  • Everything  || Goal: 100% || Current Progress: 100%
  • King's Quest || Goal: 100% || Current Progress: 0%

Ok, this Update took a little longer, but its done! :)

Just the removal of inactive members is still missing, going to do that next.

L986c13.png

I Have platted AC Syndicate yesterday and am soon going to have 100% on it, ill just cross it off my list at that point, without an additional update post.

Eypecially in comparison to Unity its a much better game, i especially liked to play as Evie. As far as the AC franchise is concerned, im only missing III, Rogue and Origins now. Going to return to III next, with the Rogue remastered coming to PS4 i'll probaby wait for that and with Origins i'll wait for a significant pricedrop

• Like 2

1st Update

Mass Effect: Andromeda || Start: 32/56, Rank B|| Goal: Rank A|| Current: 56/56, Rank S

I ended up doing the insanity playthrough, had an easy time with ng+ with a save from my 100% playthrough. Enjoyed the combat but won't come back to this game and I'm glad to erase it to clear up space.

Dragon Age 2 || Start: 22/6, Rank C|| Goal: Rank A|| Current: 49/66 Rank A

I was gonna strike it of the list since I did achieve my goal, but I'm gonna try for the plat. I messed up a collectible trophy so I will have to do another playthrough but hopefully it won't take me too long.

Dragon Age: Inquisition||Start:11/70, Rank D|| Goal: Story Completion, Rank A||Current: 13/70, Rank D

Stall out as I got bored but will go back later

Kingdom Hearts HD||Start: 10/56, Rank D||Goal: Rank A||Current: 12/56, Rank D

The next game I'm going to focus on, pretty close to a few trophies that will bump the rank up.

Final Fantasy XII||Start:15/41, Rank D||Goal: Rank A||Current: 17/41, Rank C

Grinding levels to challenge the options bosses for trophies. 

God of War||Start: 6/36, Rank E||Goal: Rank A||Current: 9/36, Rank E

I haven't played it much, but I should have time soon to rank it up. 

Overwatch: Origins||Start:58/70(53/60 base game), Rank A||Goal: Platinum|| Current:58/70, Rank A

I have been trying for a few trophies but haven't gotten any luck. I play it often so hopefully I'll get one soon.

DA2 and KH are the games I'm going to focus on next, with a side of GoW just to get some progress on it.