Most expensive PS4 game

mcnichoj

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2017 at 11:40 PM, Paige-ID said:

We can't really include the price of the VR set. By that rationale, all Platinums are expensive because they technically require you to buy a TV and a PS4. And electricity. Etc.

I hate this stupid flawed argument. Even when factoring all those things, it's still $800+ to play this over other PS4 games.

8 hours ago, Paige-ID said:

No, it's not. It's $400 if you wish to buy the bike. The price of VR is not part of this because it's not solely for this game, whereas the bike is not for anything but this game.

The price of VR is as relevant as the price of a PS4, a TV, electricity, etc. Commodities you already own that are not exclusive to this game without any other purpose.

The bike *WAS* required. Are you just ignoring that fact on purpose? It was the whole premise of this thread when the port was announced and I knew about it from Steam.

Yes it is because those added cost just negate themselves in your nonsensical straw man argument. In order for me to play the PS4 Play Room game, I needed to acquire a PS camera, that was an added cost over other free games. It was something like $80 to $100 when it first came out? So that was roughly a$20 to $40 increase to play it over playing a brand new $60 game. It's math, I don't know how you can argue against that.

What he's saying is that the PS VR isn't only for this game, but can also be used for other games like Farpoint, by that logic every VR game costs 400$+the price of the game according to you.

The bike on the other hand is exclusive for this game, which means you will expend 400$ in a thing that can only be used in this game and nothing more and since you need it its ok to add it to the total price of the game, but the PS VR has a lot more uses than this game.

The next thing you gonna say is that every VR game costs +800$ since you need a PS4 and a PS VR.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

The bike *WAS* required. Are you just ignoring that fact on purpose? It was the whole premise of this thread when the port was announced and I knew about it from Steam.

Yes it is because those added cost just negate themselves in your nonsensical straw man argument. In order for me to play the PS4 Play Room game, I needed to acquire a PS camera, that was an added cost over other free games. It was something like $80 to $100 when it first came out? So that was roughly a$20 to $40 increase to play it over playing a brand new $60 game. It's math, I don't know how you can argue against that.

I already said that the bike was required, so to say the game costs $400 is very reasonable and factual. However, the VR is not part of the price of the game. That's something you could already own with or without this game.

I can't play Uncharted 4 without a PS4. I also can't play it without a TV. By that rationale, Uncharted 4 costs $60 + $300 + $500-2500. I'm saying that's a flawed argument. I would use the PS4/TV for all sorts of things so they can't be added to Uncharted's budget.

Jamberman gets it.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2017 at 5:43 AM, Jamberman said:

The next thing you gonna say is that every VR game costs +800$ since you need a PS4 and a PS VR.

No, that's the argument you guys are making. If you're collecting trophies, then you already own a PS4. All PS4 games require a PS4, so that's negated as an added cost because it's required period.

However, for this specific FREE title if you wanted to play it then you would need to buy a VR. Not everyone already has one or has the expandable income to go get one, so I was trying to save people time and from wasting bandwidth downloading this.

tyTc1Nl.jpg

I try to make an informative and helpful thread but people just come and shit on it.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 22/12/2017 at 5:03 AM, DrHambone said:

So this doesn't require the bike now?

It isn't but as far as I can tell - you can't earn trophies.

I went on it for an hour or so and tried out 4 of the game modes but when I held the PS button and went to trophies in the pop-up - it said none. so it appears if you start the game without the bike then you can't earn any. So I guess it's more like a demo-mode for you to try out. It's a shame as the rodeo game and the duck pond are actually quite fun.

15 hours ago, turniplord said:

It isn't but as far as I can tell - you can't earn trophies.

I went on it for an hour or so and tried out 4 of the game modes but when I held the PS button and went to trophies in the pop-up - it said none. so it appears if you start the game without the bike then you can't earn any. So I guess it's more like a demo-mode for you to try out. It's a shame as the rodeo game and the duck pond are actually quite fun.

Ok so it's happening for you too, the trophy list doesn't show?

I actually got the bike and I don't have a trophy list. In-game I've reached about 4 trophies now but the game itself shows as not having a list. The developers are looking into it but no fix.

12 hours ago, DrHambone said:

Ok so it's happening for you too, the trophy list doesn't show?

I actually got the bike and I don't have a trophy list. In-game I've reached about 4 trophies now but the game itself shows as not having a list. The developers are looking into it but no fix.

ahhh okay - I thought it was because I opted to play without the bike (wanted to see what it was like). I'm guessing once they patched out the need for the bike it probably messed it up

• 1 year later...
On 26/07/2017 at 1:31 PM, Paige-ID said:

I already said that the bike was required, so to say the game costs $400 is very reasonable and factual. However, the VR is not part of the price of the game. That's something you could already own with or without this game.

I can't play Uncharted 4 without a PS4. I also can't play it without a TV. By that rationale, Uncharted 4 costs $60 + $300 + $500-2500. I'm saying that's a flawed argument. I would use the PS4/TV for all sorts of things so they can't be added to Uncharted's budget.

Jamberman gets it.

You can play any PS4 game without a TV, as long as you have PSVR.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Enny_White said:

Guys tell me how to spend calories? Traveled 15 km and spent 0 calories. There is no bike. Or does it need a bicycle?
Just interested in the question about the summit, climb 100km. What mini game is responsible for the height?

You need to bike. You can't burn calories by using your fingers...

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I dunno. I bought a really expensive game the other day. It was on sale for £15, but I needed a PS4 to play it on, so that means it’s more like £250. But then I realised I needed a TV, so after going out and buying that for £750, I was starting to think “Man, this game is expensive”. But then I needed a house to put all these things in, otherwise how the hell am I gonna play this game?! I tell ya, that’s the last time I buy a video game!

Obviously, I’m being sarcastic. But for good reason. You can’t just add on the cost of a PSVR and accessories and call that the price of the game. If you do it to this game, why not every PSVR game? Every PSVR game basically costs about $300 then, right? If you add on the cost of a headset, why not a PS4? You need both to play the game. Where do you stop? You can see now how ridiculous the whole thing is, no?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 4:40 AM, turniplord said:

You need to bike. You can't burn calories by using your fingers...

1 hour ago, WTRSThePJFan said:

You don't need to use the bike in this game. You must need the PS4 Wireless Controller instead of the bike.

So which is it?

Its half and half acctually. You do need the BIKE to get the calories burned / resistance / and consecutive days, trophys. However you can get the other miscellaneous trophys with just the CONTROLLER like how far you have traveled and how many apples eaten  , horses saved etc.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2021 at 6:04 PM, XpanderFX said:

can anyone explain me how this bike works and which signals transmits to the PS4? is it connected via bluetooth and its considered as a controller or maybe have leds on pedals and sends "light" info to the camera just like the headset does?

USB dongle Bluetooth, it’s just like any other folding exercise bike but with buttons on the handles....  

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 2:25 AM, Carbon_Lancer said:

USB dongle Bluetooth, it’s just like any other folding exercise bike but with buttons on the handles....  

i dont understand. a dongle is something i attach to a device if it dont have BT onboard. like bt usb dongles for old pc's. do u intend saying that it connects via bluetooth just like a controller? because the word "dongle" doesnt fit there