Psn customer support

dharksoul

In the US it is horrible. This I'd the second time in about 2 months that I've needed their help. When I do get to talk to someone they tell me they don't know what to do. I've almost about had it with Sony. Thinking maybe PC or Xbox.

wouldnt solve anything. I hear the customer support for microsoft and steam is just as bad, if not worse when it comes to steam

I had to use the support chat a few months ago and the experience was awful. Went through three different techs before one did what I wanted. I had to dig out their own policy and present it to him before he changed his mind. He then went on to act like he was doing me a favor.

I'd be on xbox today if that would've happened five or six years ago. As it stands now, I won't keep money in my wallet and I'll never pre-order anything longer than a week in advance again.

Edited by Rowdi
  • Like 1

I've had a couple of times, literally 2, where their support was stellar. I don't think I've gone to them too many other times, probably only 5 or so, but every other time they've been a nightmare and a half.

Like, you know Velocity Ultra, I love that game. I got it through PS+ like a lot of people in the day, then while on PS+, I bought a PSTV with a code to download it and 2 other games, the 2 other games worked fine but Velocity, because I already had it through PS+ thought I already purchased it. When my sub ended, I couldn't play it. As much as I love and want the game again, I can't even be bothered calling their shitty support service and wasting my call credit on an idiot who in all likelihood won't fix anything.

It boils down to trying over and over again until you find somebody who's willing to help you. The truth is that customer support probably can help you, they're just often not willing to for whatever reason. Pay is probably pretty bad.

Customer Support is a crapshoot at best.

I like to think most American companies are absolutely terrible at customer support because the problem firsthand is these representatives aren't properly trained. My own ISP has a monopoly in my area and any attempt for me to get through to someone is usually some asshat who is clearly reading a script while trying not to solve my issues.

When a company becomes too big it becomes difficult to properly manage all it's departments, and most of the giants have sub-departments so it becomes even more difficult to get in contact with someone who understands your problem.

Sadly Sony is no different, one reason I stuck with them is because they still offer free PS3 online multiplayer and they have awesome exclusives, one being Uncharted 4. I picked Sony over Microsoft back in 2012 to save costs.

Edited by Stevieboy

As it stands now, I won't keep money in my wallet and I'll never pre-order anything longer than a week in advance again.

You honestly shouldn't be doing that in any case.

I had one customer support guy complaining to me about his sister canceling her credit card after he used it. I had a manager ask why I'm calling when there is nothing they can do.

What is it you're really calling them about?

That's not for you to decide though. With some places, it's impossible to get a game unless you preorder it because the store doesn't order any copies.

It's not for me to decide, but that doesn't mean I can't say you really shouldn't do it. As for your argument, this is the PSN store.....

Edited by MMDE

Forget about preordering, it's an even worse idea to leave money in your wallet. Pay for your games as you go, whether with a PSN card or with your credit/debit card. If someone gets your password they can buy games with your money and most likely Sony won't be able to help you. I've been there.