Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy Teaser

I wonder how they're going to do this, if you play as Starlord only, or if you play as each of the Guardians through the game, like what they did with Tales From the Borderlands.  As in, one part you could be Drax, another you're Rocket Raccoon, etc, etc.

Either way, I'm all for this, Telltale so far, haven't really disappointed me as such, except for Game of Thrones (probably cause I'm not a Game of Thrones person).

Trying not to sound like a broken record but as fun as this seems, I won't play it right away since I felt betrayed by Telltale with their immediate sales on TWD S1/S2 and Wolf (sale on the season pass before the second episode was released, even).

With Borderlands and Thrones, I waited on the first (perhaps second?) sale and I enjoyed both. I don't like the actual Minecraft game so I still have not bought that Telltale edition, might get it eventually if it's cheap enough. Have not bought Batman yet, I'm very into Batman but I don't like the look of that Joker and I know Telltale will come up with a good sale by the end of the series anyway.

Guardians might actually be the first since the BorderThrones combo where I'll want to buy it on the first sale. I wonder if they'll take after the movie roster or if they'll put classic comic Guardians in there. Going by the movie Guardians (or at least the new comic Guardians, which is the same characters plus a few more) would probably be better for sales though.

Nice song choice, I thought it would've been perfect in the movie so it pleases me to see it here.

I had to double check that it wasn't in the movie, I thought it was in there somewhere, perhaps the slowdance scene...

I'd rather see a Tales from the Borderlands 2 or The Wolf Among Us 2 tbh, though I might give it a try anyway.

Exactly my opinion. Except for TWD, nothing seems to be worth a second season in their eyes, which is a shame since there are enough loose ends to pick up on usually.

I wonder how they're going to do this, if you play as Starlord only, or if you play as each of the Guardians through the game, like what they did with Tales From the Borderlands.  As in, one part you could be Drax, another you're Rocket Raccoon, etc, etc.

Either way, I'm all for this, Telltale so far, haven't really disappointed me as such, except for Game of Thrones (probably cause I'm not a Game of Thrones person).

In that scenario, I think just playing Star-Lord would be the better option, or Vance if they're going classic Guardians.

That would be amazing to play as Groot, 4 options come up, three say "I am Groot", the 4th the silent option of course.  All options give you a different outcome.

IF you end up playing as Groot, the better option would probably be have three different options that actually tell you what you're trying to say, then the character says "I am Groot" anyway and Rocket has to translate. Little bit of extra info: Groot used to be a bad guy back in the day, and he was able to talk. His Guardians version should still be able to talk whenever he's a small sapling since the general idea is (/was) that once a Groot (it's the species name now) matures, it's able to produce less diverse sounds until "I am Groot" is basically all it can say, and the intonation is what matters.

Telltale sure are busy. Batman, The walking dead season 3 and this as well now. Hopefully the quality doesn't drop

They're also working on Game of Thrones season 2.

Trying not to sound like a broken record but as fun as this seems, I won't play it right away since I felt betrayed by Telltale with their immediate sales on TWD S1/S2 and Wolf (sale on the season pass before the second episode was released, even).

With Borderlands and Thrones, I waited on the first (perhaps second?) sale and I enjoyed both. I don't like the actual Minecraft game so I still have not bought that Telltale edition, might get it eventually if it's cheap enough. Have not bought Batman yet, I'm very into Batman but I don't like the look of that Joker and I know Telltale will come up with a good sale by the end of the series anyway.

Guardians might actually be the first since the BorderThrones combo where I'll want to buy it on the first sale. I wonder if they'll take after the movie roster or if they'll put classic comic Guardians in there. Going by the movie Guardians (or at least the new comic Guardians, which is the same characters plus a few more) would probably be better for sales though.

Exactly my opinion. Except for TWD, nothing seems to be worth a second season in their eyes, which is a shame since there are enough loose ends to pick up on usually.

I have a habit of not playing the games until all the episodes have been released, so there are usually a lot of times where the season passes are on sale.

That is a shame. TFTB, TWAU, and TWD are my favourite TellTale games in that order. I had high expectations about Game of Thrones, but they messed that one up.

• 4 months later...

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-nz/games/marvel’s-guardians-of-the-galaxy-telltale-season-pass/cid=EP2026-CUSA07779_00-GOTGPRE000000000

According to the store, it says that you're Star-Lord only, shame, would have not minding playing as Gamora, Drax and Rocket (Groot would be... interesting, but the way he talks would make it odd).