Trophies for The Last Guardian by PowerPyx.com

Gommes_

Wow, peace guys!! At the end of the day we get a emotional and beautiful game that still rewards us with regular trophies as far as I can tell. Those speedrun trophies aren't meant for a first or even second playthrough, so if you enjoy the game, you would probably want to enhance the experience. Besides you will probably get the 30 hours one without even noticing.

In my opinion platinums should be a reward for mastering all the possibilities and outcomes inside the game. I really don't understand this pointless arguing unless the trophy list was lacking challenge, or not having trophies that enhanced the experience upon mastering the game. Like many others mentioned, speedrun has always being a sticky challenge requirement that first appeared way back in the 8 bits era. I mean who didn't wow when we saw Samus in a bikini back then. This time we will receive a beautiful Plat and a seal of approval from the psnp community for mastering the game.

• Like 1

Speedrunning simply shouldn't be a thing in games like this. This isn't god damn Super Mario, it's a game about taking it slow, enjoying the journey, the atmosphere and all the subtleties. I have yet to meet a gamer that enjoys speedrunning, except professional speedrunners (who probably don't even care about PS trophies).

Not to mention that your mechanics have to be absolutely spot on to even allow for such a thing. Trico's behavior is apparently as close to a real cat as you can get. Try giving your cat commands to follow within a specific time frame and see how that goes.

• Like 1

Speedrunning simply shouldn't be a thing in games like this. This isn't god damn Super Mario, it's a game about taking it slow, enjoying the journey, the atmosphere and all the subtleties. I have yet to meet a gamer that enjoys speedrunning, except professional speedrunners (who probably don't even care about PS trophies).

Not to mention that your mechanics have to be absolutely spot on to even allow for such a thing. Trico's behavior is apparently as close to a real cat as you can get. Try giving your cat commands to follow within a specific time frame and see how that goes.

And in what way is an optional speedrun trophy forcing you to not experience the game in the fashion you described? I enjoy speedrunning for a trophy. It adds a nice extra challenge after my first or second playthrough.

Edited by Starflakes
  • Like 1

I personally don't like speedrun trophies but they exist and they don't stop me from playing a game that I want to play. That being said, if a speedrun trophy is present, it should be based on practice and skill, not luck. Having just finished the game, the amount of RNG that Trico presents, with regard to whether it will listen to you or not, means that how fast you get through the game is based on a lot of luck. I've gotten quite good at getting Trico to do what I want but even then there are times where it just refuses to do what it's supposed to do. To me this type of game and the mechanics it uses just do not mesh well with speedrun attempts. The developers are welcome to do as they wish but in my opinion the addition of a speedrun trophy is a poor choice.

• Like 1

It was the same with yorda in ICO, she would do whatever she felt like doing messing up your speedrun...Trico seems much easier to deal with. The only thing I dislike about the game is actually the absence of manual save; in ICO we actually had sofas while in SoTC there were save shrines. Now, I love Ueda's work but this particular thing messes with my head a lot...I'm loving the game anyway.

The game isnt even that hard to speedrun, i saw a lot of full walktrough videos that last 7 hours or less and they take a lot of time trying to figure the puzzle or dying, im sure that once you finish the game at your own pace and realize how to solve the puzzles this game wont be that hard to speedrun, way easier than SoTC and the time attacks for example

I think, just maybe, our focus should be on the INSANE (All Talked Out silver.png - Hear every hint) trophy rather than the doable yet frustrating speed run trophy. Tbh 

I spent a bizarre amount of time in every area purposely to find all the hints, and did all the trophy related hints that are said during the game, in one play through and yet still I'm apparently missing hints.

Hugetymer.png

I checked the online user guide for the game and there was an option there for contemplate when you press down :l3: or :r3:.

The boy sits down and kinda meditates and the narrator usually says something? I am not sure if it has to do with the hints or if it is just extra dialog?

It might count towards the All Talked Out trophy?

Going for my second play through now and will try it in each sections.

@Hugetymer

EDIT: OK, I think what contemplate might do is only repeat the last hint?

Edited by DysectorZA

On 12/13/2016 at 10:34 AM, Hugetymer said:

@DysectorZA Yep only last hint.

Two people have gotten the Platinum already. Check the games profile. This must be one of the most strangest trophies ever! For a Silver it's insanely difficult?

A lot of people seem to be assisting PowerPyx with his guide. People finding new hints the whole time.

http://www.powerpyx.com/the-last-guardian-all-hints-locations-guide-all-talked-out-trophy/

I assumed that trophy was glitched or something, since the last time I checked, nobody had the platinum yet. So the trophy is just super obscure? There are usually people who find out everything about a game almost immediately after launch, especially for a high profile game like this. Interesting stuff... I wonder how this will affect the rarity of the platinum. :hmm:

43 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I assumed that trophy was glitched or something, since the last time I checked, nobody had the platinum yet. So the trophy is just super obscure? There are usually people who find out everything about a game almost immediately after launch, especially for a high profile game like this. Interesting stuff... I wonder how this will affect the rarity of the platinum. :hmm:

Basically, every trophy is retrospective here. So if you missed some hints in the first playthrough, you can ignore the others and focus on those and get it. So once we know every hint, it's gonna be easy peasy for everyone.

14 minutes ago, Trini said:

Noob question, does hints go across multiple playthroughs or you need to acquire all of them in one? 

As with the rest of the trophies, I believe it saves across multiple play throughs. Confirmed with other people that the trophy will pop as soon as you've heard the last hint.

There are supposedly 67 hints throughout the game, excluding the main story related speaking parts that are played through cutscenes. PowerPyx has the most comprehensive list I've seen so far.

There are a number that I definitely missed in my second play through, even though I waited 5 to 10 minutes in each section I thought there might be a hint.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Trini said:

Noob question, does hints go across multiple playthroughs or you need to acquire all of them in one? 

Yes it does go across multiple playthroughs just like the rest of the trophies.

After 6 playthroughs, I finally got the plat! Good luck guys! Don't give up!

Edited by Lowlliet
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Mr-Ninja-Blade said:
Hi

Is Trophy ( Remove all spears ) is received at the end of the game?
And unbreakable spears does not matter?

Thankful

Yes, I got mine after the final scene before the menu appeared again. Where it says "The End".

Remove all the spears before you move onto the next section. I didn't even try to remove all the spears, as soon as possible, but I definitely made sure I removed all of them as the fight scene was over and before we moved onto the next section, and I managed to get it at the end.