More Crash Bandicoot remasters?

gameoncomrade

I literally shed tears when I watched the trailer and some of the gameplay for the first time. I grew up with these games on the PS1, and I couldn't be happier. But ever since the remastered trilogy got announced at E3 2016, I've been wondering if there's more to it. What if this is just the beginning of Crash remasters? What if it goes down the same road as Kingdom Hearts has over the past years? And maybe this would open some doors for Spyro remasters and other great games?

So, the N. Sane Trilogy consists of three games (SURPRISE):

• Crash Bandicoot
  • Crash Bandicoot: Cortex Strikes Back
  • Crash Bandicoot: Warped

Those are just three of the 15 Crash Bandicoot games out there. I got this feeling that Vicarious Visions releases the fourth game in the Crash Bandicoot series, The Wrath of Cortex, as a digital copy when you pre-order the trilogy. I really hope so as I was absolutely potted about that game.

Which Crash Bandicoot games would you like to see remasters of and do you think it's possible that other great video game franchises e.g. The Legend of Spyro could have potential remasters on the way?

Personally, I would love to see Crash Bash, Wrath of Cortex and Crash Team Racing on my PS4. 

31280965751_cd459def19_z.jpg

31280965251_e62035182c_z.jpg

30574389754_64461a35dc_z.jpg

Edited by gameoncomrade
  • Like 1

Personally, I would love to see Crash Bash, Wrath of Cortex and Crash Team Racing on my PS4. 

Those 3 are the only ones I want to see re-released. CTR with online of course, and it NEEDS to play as smooth as the original. I know many want to see Twin Sanity too though, but that's the limit unless you want to go into GBA games, then the two first GBA games would be nice. Nothing else with CB has ever interested me the slightest. I cried when I played Titans and Mutants whatever. :\ I even got special edition of one of them! :(

Edited by MMDE

I literally shed tears when I watched the trailer and some of the gameplay for the first time. I grew up with these games on the PS1, and I couldn't be happier. But ever since the remastered trilogy got announced at E3 2016, I've been wondering if there's more to it. What if this is just the beginning of Crash remasters? What if it goes down the same road as Kingdom Hearts has over the past years? And maybe this would open some doors for Spyro remasters and other great games?

So, the N. Sane Trilogy consists of three games (SURPRISE):

• Crash Bandicoot
  • Crash Bandicoot: Cortex Strikes Back
  • Crash Bandicoot: Warped

Those are just three of the 15 Crash Bandicoot games out there. I got this feeling that Vicarious Visions releases the fourth game in the Crash Bandicoot series, The Wrath of Cortex, as a digital copy when you pre-order the trilogy. I really hope so as I was absolutely potted about that game.

Which Crash Bandicoot games would you like to see remasters of and do you think it's possible that other great video game franchises e.g. The Legend of Spyro could have potential remasters on the way?

Activision own both Crash and Spyro so if the Crash remasters sell well (which I think they will) I think Activision would really look into some Spyro remasters as well. As for the Crash remasters I'd like to see, Crash Team Racing and The Wrath of Cortex would be great. The PS4 really needs a good Kart racer and CTR would be perfect. 

Parker

Edited by Parker
  • Like 1

Yeah, the only other Crash Bandicoot game you're likely to eventually get a remaster of is Crash Team Racing (which would be fantastic) simply because no other Crash Bandicoot game is seen as "classic" no matter what you think of them. Although if the N Sane Trilogy does well then the future may be alright for the bandicoot. :)

Edited by olimoo101

If CTR and Crash Bash ever get released via remasters or even through the rumoured PS1 emulation, I'd be ecstatic as heck.

Another good thing about this is that my mother, who also adores the original trilogy, has no clue about these upcoming remasters and I'm gonna surprise her with them at some point and let her play them on my PS4 :D

• Like 2

I honestly didn't mind Crash of the Titans, it was shit but I didn't mind it. The follow up wasn't even anything though.

I'd be down for a Tag Team Racing remaster. Replayed it on the PSP a few months ago and it's honestly not that bad, and the PSP version doesn't even have a second joystick for the camera so I can only imagine it's better on PS2 (been so many years I don't remember). It's got a whole game worth of free roaming Crash goodness, and then a whole game worth of kart racing shit too, as Activision says with the COD games and zombies, you're basically getting 2 whole games in one (whoa!)

I'd be down for just a remake of Team Racing, but on the other hand, an HD remake of Team Racing would keep it PlayStation exclusive, since Sony still has the publishing rights on that one (same reason for the trilogy PS4 only, AFAIK) and Xbots deserve something. 

Although i've never gotten to play the original Crash Bandicoot games, my playthrough of Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex makes me excited for this. 

I'd love to see the original Spyro trilogy remastered. Didn't like Crash Bash and Wrath of Cortex at all.

Seeing the Spryo trilogy be remastered would be money jumping out of my wallet.  :blink:

• Like 1

Activision own both Crash and Spyro so if the Crash remasters sell well (which I think they will) I think Activision would really look into some Spyro remasters as well. As for the Crash remasters I'd like to see, Crash Team Racing and The Wrath of Cortex would be great. The PS4 really needs a good Kart racer and CTR would be perfect. 

Parker

That would be awesome if they remastered Spyro for sure, I'd probably end up buying the games in a heartbeat if that were to ever happen.  I mean come on, original Spyro game with trophies? Yes please.

I'd love to see the original Spyro trilogy get the same treatment as this. Crash and Spyro were a huge part of my childhood and how I came to love video games, so I'd love to play them again with updated visuals and mechanics. Hopefully, if this sells well, they may consider it. As for other Crash remasters, the obvious one would be Crash Team Racing. I loved that game as a kid. I didn't know what Mario Kart was at the time, and quite frankly, I didn't even care. CTR a far better game in my opinion. :P