VGLeaks Rumor: Final Fantasy anniversary roadmap.

angelgrievous

:holy:  I've been waiting for this for so long, if it's true it's going to be day one for me, cellector's edition as well if there's one, I just ask for each one to have it's own separated trophy list, with a Plat each as well.

I really doubt that's happening. That would be 9 platinums and around 30-50 trophies per game, making it around 270-450 trophies. I think we'd see something similar to Rare's 30 game replay bullshit, where each game only has a certain amount of trophies, and only the truly hardcore beat all nine games to get the platinum.

I really doubt that's happening. That would be 9 platinums and around 30-50 trophies per game, making it around 270-450 trophies. I think we'd see something similar to Rare's 30 game replay bullshit, where each game only has a certain amount of trophies, and only the truly hardcore beat all nine games to get the platinum.

image.gif

http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap/

2017 will be the 30th anniversary for Final Fantasy and Square Enix will celebrate the milestone with the following items:

Final Fantasy releases in 2017 to celebrate the anniversary: Square will launch Final Fantasy VII Remake (first episode) and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age as main games to celebrate the Final Fantasy’s birthday.

Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is coming to PS4 during the next year. The bundle will include Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns on separate discs to be enjoined in 1080p and 60fps.

Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection.

This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card.

Season Pass:

– Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions and Chrono Trigger could be released on Steam before the end of 2017.

– Final Fantasy VII Remake and Final Fantasy XV are coming to PC, but likely not until early-mid 2018.

Edit* These are copy and pasted quotes from VGLeaks.  Not my own words.

SHUT UP AND etc. etc.

However i wouldn't believe the part about the first nine games on a single Vita card. All game cards (NOT the memory cards!), AFAIK, are 4GB at most. You'll use 5GB just with FF8 and FF9 alone...

Hey, FF1, FF2 and FF12 on PC had to happen at some point: they're the only missing main games on Steam, if we exclude FF15, but hey, that would've happened in the future anyway, no matter what Tabata says.

Edited by Lance_87

On 12/5/2016 at 8:25 PM, angelgrievous said:

Season Pass:

– Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions and Chrono Trigger could be released on Steam before the end of 2017.
– Final Fantasy VII Remake and Final Fantasy XV are coming to PC, but likely not until early-mid 2018.

How does this part make any sense? You buy the season pass on psn and get steam versions of these games for use on a PC? lol

As for everything else, I'm in. If every FF game had its own trophy list, platinum or no, I'd do cartwheels down my street lol

and the rumored collectors edition/crystal edition have me really skeptical, but the chocobo and moogle plush dolls have me very hopeful :D

12 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

5 GIGS FOR THOSE GAMES?!?!

That seems incredibly high for PS1 games.

Well the FFVII remaster on ps4 is 4.31GB, so it's likely. But that's a remaster. If it's just trophies, then it'll be less. 

I want most of this to be true that I'd upload myself dancing to any chocobo song if it happens. That's a promise

Edited by Dav9834

A bit of related information.  Not confirming any of the rumors but something is happening.

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-plans-announced-soon

Square Enix will announce its plans for

Final Fantasy‘s 30th anniversary soon, Square Enix’s Shinji Hasjimoto said in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu. 

The news comes via a feature this week where Famitsu seeks out answers to questions from developers about certain expectations for 2017.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, this rumor is likely not entirely true, although hopefully some of the stuff mentioned will still happen. I could realistically see FF1-FF9 getting remastered and put onto one disc. I'm not really sure how realistic the 2017 release for part one of FFVII is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheAveryChu said:

Unfortunately, this rumor is likely not entirely true, although hopefully some of the stuff mentioned will still happen. I could realistically see FF1-FF9 getting remastered and put onto one disc. I'm not really sure how realistic the 2017 release for part one of FFVII is. 

I agree that it would be wishful thinking to expect all of these to drop.  I do think the Lightning trilogy will get remastered and brought to PS4.  I also hope that FFVIII gets the VII treatment with enhanced visuals, trophies and speed mode.

56 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

I agree that it would be wishful thinking to expect all of these to drop.  I do think the Lightning trilogy will get remastered and brought to PS4.  I also hope that FFVIII gets the VII treatment with enhanced visuals, trophies and speed mode.

Oh yes, I forgot about the XIII trilogy. I could easily see its release in the later half of 2017. There are a lot of older Final Fantasy games I have been wanting to play, but haven't gotten around to it for whatever reason, but having the cheat codes did lower the barrier to entry for some of the older FF installments. If the collection does happen, 1-9 will likely all receive the same treatment. 

On terça-feira, 13 de Dezembro de 2016 at 7:59 PM, angelgrievous said:

A bit of related information.  Not confirming any of the rumors but something is happening.

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-plans-announced-soon

The wording is to exact to be just a coincidence, that and the site with the comming soon is making me believing it more and more with each day.

On terça-feira, 13 de Dezembro de 2016 at 8:06 PM, TheAveryChu said:

Take into consideration that planing to do something and actually acomplish it are two different things, SE had plans of releasing XV way before they actually did it, so just because they have internal plans of releasing VII part 1 on 2017 doesn't mean they will actually be able to.

On 12/14/2016 at 8:30 AM, Arkthur said:

Beating Searyou and Omega Weapon in FF1? Worth two Golds if I may be so bold.

I don't remember Omega weapon in FF1. I only remember WarMech. Were they in a remastered version?

On 12/13/2016 at 2:13 PM, angelgrievous said:

If they do this, I hope it disables trophies.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2016 at 10:01 AM, AuzzieWingman said:

I do wonder how complete the 7 Remake will be. Will they incorporate events from Crisis Core/Advent Children/Dirge of Cerberus?

If not, I see Episode 1 being doable in 2017.

I doubt we'll see anything from the Remake before KH3 is out. I could see some CC added as flashbacks, maybe let us play as Zack for an episode or two. But they can't really make that many episodes before people start complaining.

• 3 months later...
On 12/6/2016 at 1:25 AM, angelgrievous said:

http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap/

2017 will be the 30th anniversary for Final Fantasy and Square Enix will celebrate the milestone with the following items:

Final Fantasy releases in 2017 to celebrate the anniversary: Square will launch Final Fantasy VII Remake (first episode) and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age as main games to celebrate the Final Fantasy’s birthday.

Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is coming to PS4 during the next year. The bundle will include Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns on separate discs to be enjoined in 1080p and 60fps.

Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection.
This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card.

Season Pass:

Edit* These are copy and pasted quotes from VGLeaks.  Not my own words.

If this happens to be correct then I will be over the moon - been wanting FFVI, FFVIII and FFIX on Ps4 since the Ps4 port of FFVII came out. Would be a great year for Final Fantasy definitely :)

19 minutes ago, AlexJones_Bankai said:

If this happens to be correct then I will be over the moon - been wanting FFVI, FFVIII and FFIX on Ps4 since the Ps4 port of FFVII came out. Would be a great year for Final Fantasy definitely :)

You're a little late, they already had the 30th anniversary event and no collection was announced