VGLeaks Rumor: Final Fantasy anniversary roadmap.

angelgrievous

http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap/

2017 will be the 30th anniversary for Final Fantasy and Square Enix will celebrate the milestone with the following items:

Final Fantasy releases in 2017 to celebrate the anniversary: Square will launch Final Fantasy VII Remake (first episode) and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age as main games to celebrate the Final Fantasy’s birthday.

Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is coming to PS4 during the next year. The bundle will include Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns on separate discs to be enjoined in 1080p and 60fps.

Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Collection.
This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card.

Season Pass:

– Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions and Chrono Trigger could be released on Steam before the end of 2017.
– Final Fantasy VII Remake and Final Fantasy XV are coming to PC, but likely not until early-mid 2018.

Edit* These are copy and pasted quotes from VGLeaks.  Not my own words.

Edited by angelgrievous

This compilation will include Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX and it will be released on PS4 and PS Vita in a single disc/card.

:holy:  :holy:  :holy:  :holy:  :holy:  :holy:  :holy:  :holy:  :holy: (one for each)

I wanted to limit my 2017 new game purchases to three. Guess that's out the window. Tho technically they're not new.  :)

http://vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-roadmap/

2017 will be the 30th anniversary for Final Fantasy and Square Enix will celebrate the milestone with the following items:

Final Fantasy releases in 2017 to celebrate the anniversary: Square will launch Final Fantasy VII Remake (first episode) and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age as main games to celebrate the Final Fantasy’s birthday.

Final Fantasy XIII trilogy is coming to PS4 during the next year. The bundle will include Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2 and Lightning Returns on separate discs to be enjoined in 1080p and 60fps.

Season Pass:

– Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions and Chrono Trigger could be released on Steam before the end of 2017.

– Final Fantasy VII Remake and Final Fantasy XV are coming to PC, but likely not until early-mid 2018.

Edit* These are copy and pasted quotes from VGLeaks.  Not my own words.

Yes, please. I doubt it will happen but it would be awesome if they do it. 

Parker

• Like 1

They're really going to open those old wounds again? If I were Square Enix, I would seal all the remaining copies of those games in the deepest dungeon and never speak of them again :P

• Like 2

I feel like it should include Mystic Quest even though a lot of people hate it since it's a part of the series

@Drake if it uses the steam achievements, FF8 isn't that bad

Yeah I know, I recall a while ago, one of my friends played through it, I watched him play it as well... game was rather interesting.  But again, not sure if I would play it myself.  But  hey, not a bad thing either, I probably would still get it for the older Final Fantasy games that I've never played before.

Yeah I know, I recall a while ago, one of my friends played through it, I watched him play it as well... game was rather interesting.  But again, not sure if I would play it myself.  But  hey, not a bad thing either, I probably would still get it for the older Final Fantasy games that I've never played before.

If you abuse the card ability at the beginning of the game, you can get the best magic available and breeze through the game. triple triad is super fun to play too

Bruh...

EDIT: Wait...one single Vita card?? Vita cartridges only hold up to 4GB of data and FF7, 8, and 9 would be more than 4GB combined alone...

Edited by Death_Ninja
  • Like 2

I feel that this rumour loses some credibility because of this. As much as I want it to be true, I don't think it is. Apart from the Vita probably only doing 1-6 with downloads for 7-9, it is a lot of games thrown together. It also doesn't have Tactics or Chocobo Racing. The blasphemy!

The other thing I feel that is missing from all of this is a mention of Stormblood expansion for FFXIV, which makes me think that this is the work of a fan. FFXIV does rake in quite a lot of cash for Square, I doubt that they would forget it. But a fan who doesn't play it, I can see that happening.

I don't totally believe the entirety of this. Some of it I do. Granted its a rumour/leak so you need take it with slightest grains of salt. You can find some in the Capcom Cup auditorium right now if you're interested.

• Like 1