Telltale Games to continue support the PS Vita?

gameoncomrade

I gotta say that I'm a bit worried about the PS Vita. We've all been for some time as it was only receiving great games for a small period of time, but I've been wondering about some other things that really surprised me as they're typically into supporting that sweet, portable console. Has Telltale Games stopped supporting the PS Vita?

They've said that games would come out for the PS Vita eventually, but it's been so long, and due to all of these projects that they're working on, they've really put me in total doubt over their statements. The last TTG game that was released on the Vita was The Walking Dead Season Two THREE YEARS AGO!

- They've announced that Tales from the Borderlands, Game of Thrones, Minecraft: Story Mode, Batman and the upcoming games would release on the PS Vita eventually. Here's also a comment from Mr. Stauffer back in February this year.

+ Job Stauffer on February 16th, 2016 at 3:05 pm said:

Don’t worry – we’re big fans of Vita and we still have plans to bring our titles over to the platform. We thank you for your patience, but hang tight! We’re hoping to have an update soon

Where are the games, Telltale Games? I'm going to lose my cool, go bananas and throw a wobbly. COME ON! :(

What do you guys think? Will they ever release a game on the Vita?

• Like 2

Telltale games on the vita struggle a lot.. I do enjoy playing on the go, but I get so nervous when playing them. I played Wolf Among Us on the Vita and the entire time I was terrified because the game kept freezing at times. I thought it was going to crash and mess up my saved data the entire time tbh..

I don't mind if they don't come out on the vita because they run a lot better on the PS4, but if they do, woo. more trophies lol. I don't really mind that.

• Like 1

For what I remember, Telltale games on VITA was running worse than PS3 did with constant lagging and bugs. Considering that the recent Telltale games on PS3 now really is quite a mess and buggy, I can't imagine how it will be if they did port those games to VITA..

Edited by gary_danial

Well, this makes me sad. The Walking Dead Season Two ran without problems on my Vita though, and I really hope that they consider making more games available on the Vita as I love playing their games on roadtrips, my flights etc.

1 hour ago, gary_danial said:

For what I remember, Telltale games on VITA was running worse than PS3 did with constant lagging and bugs. Considering that the recent Telltale games on PS3 now really is quite a mess and buggy, I can't imagine how it will be if they did port those games to VITA..

I hated playing Game of Thrones on my PS3. That last episode really did it for me. If you check out my profile I still need three or four more trophies before the plat pops up. Just couldn't stand it, but I'm gonna get to that soon...

But if they were to release some more games on the PS Vita then wouldn't they run better than they did on the PS3? I mean, they were definitely targeting to hit the PC, PS4 and Xbox One when they developed their previous games. Now when they're totally focused on the Vita version then it might be optimized for that and absolutely playable? I don't think that TTG will release an unplayable game when they only have to work on it for one system. I think the games were just poorly optimized for the PS3, because it belongs to the last generation of console gaming and because they were targeting to release their games without problems on the newer and better systems.

Meh, i don't know about the Problems, for me TWD Season 1 was smooth and without problems when i plaied it but honestly i don't really care to have this kind of games on Ps3. Already out of all their games i'm interested just in TWD Season 2 & 3 in the others not much and honetsly on Vita would just be more trophies and nothing else, it really isn't a game Soft or perfect on Vita because you have to pay attention anyway and if you play i don't know like 20 minutes while out going somewhere you don't do much well at least in TWD :P

So if they release or not all the rest of their games it's pretty much the same for me, and we are always talking about a Western Company so No surprise they ignored Vita, they don't like more money in their pockets.

The Tell-Tale games released on Vita was by SCE, we know Sony is not interested on anything less than the PS4, they don't care if they betrayed us, they only wants easy money, that's why we see no more Tell-Tale games on Vita, I didn't have any problem when I played TWD and The Wolf Among Us, maybe the game were a little slow between some save points, but I didn't have any worry about because those games didn't look as if it would be up to crash or something, I would want to play Tales Of Borderlands there, but we know how deep has fallen Sony, the only chance to see another Tell-Tale game will be if they start to program the games for VIta without any support from Sony, another chance would be if Sony gets sued because of the number of ports (I don't know if there are any organization responsible for controlling the games management), if that happens and if Sony only has the way to remember that PS Vita exists, maybe that would be the other way, also with this, maybe SOny will try to make many new games and to catch the attention from other developers

• Like 1

On 2016-12-16 at 6:07 AM, Zeitgeist-9 said:

The Tell-Tale games released on Vita was by SCE, we know Sony is not interested on anything less than the PS4, they don't care if they betrayed us, they only wants easy money, that's why we see no more Tell-Tale games on Vita, I didn't have any problem when I played TWD and The Wolf Among Us, maybe the game were a little slow between some save points, but I didn't have any worry about because those games didn't look as if it would be up to crash or something, I would want to play Tales Of Borderlands there, but we know how deep has fallen Sony, the only chance to see another Tell-Tale game will be if they start to program the games for VIta without any support from Sony, another chance would be if Sony gets sued because of the number of ports (I don't know if there are any organization responsible for controlling the games management), if that happens and if Sony only has the way to remember that PS Vita exists, maybe that would be the other way, also with this, maybe SOny will try to make many new games and to catch the attention from other developers

Sony only published The Walking Dead Season 1.  Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us were self published by Telltale so no Telltale games released since has nothing to do with Sony.  

21 minutes ago, Hayabusa85 said:

Sony only published The Walking Dead Season 1.  Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us were self published by Telltale so no Telltale games released since has nothing to do with Sony.  

Not true, all the three games were published by Sony, I had TWD Season 1 and The Wolf Among Us, and they said SOny as the Publisher, I saw about TWD Season 2 and it is too by Sony, in fact, The Wolf Among Us came with advertising sheet about SCEA games (I don't remember very well which game, I think it was Tearaway) on the box.

Edited by Zeitgeist-9

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist-9 said:

Not true, all the three games were published by Sony, I had TWD Season 1 and The Wolf Among Us, and they said SOny as the Publisher, I saw about TWD Season 2 and it is too by Sony, in fact, The Wolf Among Us came with advertising sheet about SCEA games on the box.

34 minutes ago, Hayabusa85 said:

Well, you're both quite wrong. Both the first and second season of The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us was published by Telltale. In fact, almost every single game by Telltale has been published by themselves. The only classic developer-publisher relationship was with Ubisoft for the CSI video game franchise. They've struck arrangements with GameTap for some of the Sam & Max games, but that's also the end of it.

12 hours ago, Zeitgeist-9 said:

Not true, all the three games were published by Sony, I had TWD Season 1 and The Wolf Among Us, and they said SOny as the Publisher, I saw about TWD Season 2 and it is too by Sony, in fact, The Wolf Among Us came with advertising sheet about SCEA games (I don't remember very well which game, I think it was Tearaway) on the box.

My bad, was basing it on the logos on the front of the cases where TWDS1 had the Sony logo and the other two had the Telltale logo but you are right the back of the cases do indeed say they are published by Sony too.  But I think both of us as well as gameoncomrade are partially wrong.  I think Telltale self published all the digital versions since none of the PS Store listings mention Sony anywhere while Sony published the physical Vita versions.  Either way nothing that would have prevented them from Vita versions of any of their other games though (Even if digital only) so Sony are not to blame for that.  Telltale are the ones that promised they were still supporting Vita and would still be in control of their IP's so no need to finger point at Sony.  Plenty of other Vita threads for that :P

Edited by Hayabusa85

I made my Telltale playthroughs on PS4 my canon playthroughs (best decisions, exactly where I want to guide the story, EXTRA- special care!) whereas on Vita and PS3 I just did whatever because I knew support for those platforms would end. It's a pity but let's just savour the good (i.e. buggy, laggy) times.

Edited by MeteorHawk

16 hours ago, gameoncomrade said:

Well, you're both quite wrong. Both the first and second season of The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us was published by Telltale. In fact, almost every single game by Telltale has been published by themselves. The only classic developer-publisher relationship was with Ubisoft for the CSI video game franchise. They've struck arrangements with GameTap for some of the Sam & Max games, but that's also the end of it.

Not, check it very well, maybe they didn't gave Sony any credit into the game, but Sony was part of the Vita version (On the other consoles was by themselves), check too on the telltale site, it don't says anything about the Vita versions there, also the announcement were from Sony, not Telltale, some sites says it wrongly

5 hours ago, Hayabusa85 said:

My bad, was basing it on the logos on the front of the cases where TWDS1 had the Sony logo and the other two had the Telltale logo but you are right the back of the cases do indeed say they are published by Sony too.  But I think both of us as well as gameoncomrade are partially wrong.  I think Telltale self published all the digital versions since none of the PS Store listings mention Sony anywhere while Sony published the physical Vita versions.  Either way nothing that would have prevented them from Vita versions of any of their other games though (Even if digital only) so Sony are not to blame for that.  Telltale are the ones that promised they were still supporting Vita and would still be in control of their IP's so no need to finger point at Sony.  Plenty of other Vita threads for that :P

I think Sony is fact about this, maybe on the digital versions they decided to use the TellTale name, I think the reason about Sony is not listed is because they didn't changed anything on the code (Only they added the touchscreen support) or Telltale only worked in assotiation with Sony, if it was only about Tell Tale, they maybe have released the other games too or at least one of them, like 2K, Borderlands was bad ported by Sony (on the Store SCEA is on the list), but the next 2 games were released only by 2K (and I read, they worked good on Vita).

For the end I think a possible example would be a musician that plays all the instruments for an album (let's think that part as when Telltale released it on the begining), suddenly this musician is invited to perform in a concert (PS Vita), obviously this person can't play all the instruments at the same time (the Vita's OS), then he should be supported by some other musicians at the rest of the instruments (the Sony's staff), so the concert will be performed (the game on the Vita). The PS Vita has very few occidental developers making or porting games to the system, and Telltale is not a big enterprise, so it would be hard to do the Vita versions by themselves, if they would have the knowledge about the Vita's OS, I'm sure they would be developing and releasing games for Vita, from the begining, not to porting games

Edited by Zeitgeist-9
  • Like 1