Monthly Madness (Formerly known as FYLTBE) [OLD THREAD]

I won't make any update about January - my completion percentage hasn't changed significantly (only 0.01%... :huh:), and since Handball 16 is eligible to February's theme (even being from a Vita's Trophy List, this game is basically the same of PS4's version - maybe a port, I don't know...), I prefer to use it on February instead of January...

I will also suggest a theme (even thinking that Falion's theme for March is more interesting... :D):

Games that allow you to use wheels and/or wheel-like things

I'm talking about games where cars, bikes, chariots, pulleys, circle-shaped gears, spin wheels, etc. are used or can be used (by either players or NPCs).

Ex.: Any GTA, any Gran Turismo, Wheel of Fortune, Red Dead Redemption, etc.

• Like 3

Platinum trophies: 40

100% completed: 8

Completion: 71.55%

Gained 1 platinum and completed 1 100% game. Looking back, I think I've done well. Hope to plat 2 games this month. Don't know what will my "PS4" game will be. I might have to do Uncharted 2 earlier than I thought I would and plat FF13 a bit faster this month.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 2

My updates: 

Platinum: 120 (+6)

100%: 45

92.48% completion

Challenges:

1. Was not able to finish a retro game xD

2. All games completed are from other PSNP events (New Year's event and Platinum Pyramid Event)

3. Was able to complete more than 4 games this month.

4. I played Tearaway earlier than expected due to the New Year's event in PSNP.

Sorry Im currently on my phone. Will edit later

EDIT: Done editing :)

Edited by Enma8910
  • Like 1

Pumped BMX + is now ready to pop, so I've updated my section with my new gold rank in February as well as a golden star for the challenge regarding a different event (Vita's 5th anniversary again). I think I'm gonna do Color Guardians next because a jump and run game should be a nice break between a JRPG and a PnC game.

7 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

My updates are:

Platinum trophies: 34 (+1)

100% completed: 19

Completion: 61.70% (+0.95%)

You've been updated.

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

I didn't expect this to happen :blink::

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: -

100% completed: -

Completion: -0,12%

Well, these things tend to happen from time to time. I bet that percentage is soon gonna turn green again. :)

Anyways, updated.

7 hours ago, MortalRikku said:

updated stats:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: - 15 (0)

100% completed: - 11 (1)

Completion: - 41.46%(+0.95%)

Games for this month:

Telltale Batman + Welcome to Rapture + finish off Journey

• Complete a retro game. (Anything released before or within 2005 will be eligible as well as any kind of remake/-master or rerelease of those games) Not sure about that one
  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. Uncharted 4
  • Complete 4 games within one month.
  • Complete a game because of the event, that you would not have played anytime soon otherwise. Ether One

:)

That's one hell of a relaxing game selection for February. ^_^ I've updated your stats.

Good luck on your planned challenges.

6 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

No new updates for me in regards anymore trophies/platinums for January. I'm currently going back to Dragon Age Inquisition so I can finish off the trophies for it and get it off my hit listB) However, I've noticed that my completion percentage has gone down and I haven't started anything but it's probably because of Minecraft which I'll be going back too. I'm not sure if you will change it but I'll add it in anyway:D

New Completion Percentage - 72.55%

Also I like the choosing a random theme for next month, I'll have to get back to you about my choice though, need to get my thinking cap on:angel: 

Congrats on your 1000th trophy @xFalionx!:shakefist: 

As long as you post a new value, I'll update it. Of course it would be easier for me if the update intervals aren't too short. :P

I'm looking forward to your theme suggestion. :)

Thanks, I almost gave up on making it a P4G trophy but I had a few hours more than I expected, so everything turned out perfectly.

5 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

I won't make any update about January - my completion percentage hasn't changed significantly (only 0.01%... :huh:), and since Handball 16 is eligible to February's theme (even being from a Vita's Trophy List, this game is basically the same of PS4's version - maybe a port, I don't know...), I prefer to use it on February instead of January...

I will also suggest a theme (even thinking that Falion's theme for March is more interesting... :D):

Games that allow you to use wheels and/or wheel-like things

I'm talking about games where cars, bikes, chariots, pulleys, circle-shaped gears, spin wheels, etc. are used or can be used (by either players or NPCs).

Ex.: Any GTA, any Gran Turismo, Wheel of Fortune, Red Dead Redemption, etc.

I'm gonna skip adding that 0.01% for now. ^_^

Handball 16 should be fine, most of my planned PS4 games are on my Vita as well.

That's an interesting theme, so it's basically about anything with rotating circular objects? I feel like this is gonna encourage some creative thinking between all the racing games. :D 

5 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Platinum trophies: 40

100% completed: 8

Completion: 71.55%

Gained 1 platinum and completed 1 100% game. Looking back, I think I've done well. Hope to plat 2 games this month. Don't know what will my "PS4" game will be. I might have to do Uncharted 2 earlier than I thought I would and plat FF13 a bit faster this month.

Updated your stats. You've still got the whole month before you, so I bet you can make it fit somehow. 

@Enma8910 You posted your update right as I was done writing this, I'll update your stats and ranks after you edit your post. ;)

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

I like your suggestion for a theme for next month of the games by studios based in non-English speaking countries.  That's a nice one for all us JRPG fans.

My own suggestion would be artistic.  This could range from playing a game that is meant to be more artistic like Journey to playing a game with gorgeous hand-drawn graphics like Bastion.  Pretty much am thinking the sorts of games that get people thinking about how video games can be a form of art.  Games that also include the creation of art or a plotline or gameplay elements involving art in some manner would also work.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I like your suggestion for a theme for next month of the games by studios based in non-English speaking countries.  That's a nice one for all us JRPG fans.

My own suggestion would be artistic.  This could range from playing a game that is meant to be more artistic like Journey to playing a game with gorgeous hand-drawn graphics like Bastion.  Pretty much am thinking the sorts of games that get people thinking about how video games can be a form of art.  Games that also include the creation of art or a plotline or gameplay elements involving art in some manner would also work.

Those are both great ideas and it turns out Okami (the game I'm planning to do in March) would count for both of them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

3 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

Those are both great ideas and it turns out Okami (the game I'm planning to do in March) would count for both of them. 

What a great idea! I have Okami unfinished and taking up space on my PS3. 

I think non-English speaking games is a great theme, as well. Don't think I can come up with anything better, so could I just second artistic games? I guess in a way it doesn't matter, since Okami counts as non-English and artistic.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hemiak said:

My theme is games you have had on your profile (or owned) for more than 6 months. 

I do like this idea which fits in nicely with another event on here.

Some updates into February:

1. Completed a PS4 game for this months Plat rank (Murdered: Soul Suspect).

2. Completed a retro game on PS4 (Day of the Tentacle Remastered).

3. Completed 4 PS4 games: Murdered, Day of the Tentacle, Goosebumps, Sound Shapes.

4. All four games above have been for the Trophy Hunters Team League.

5. The games played are kinda what I've played before so no game I wouldn't have played otherwise.

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 50 (+7)

100% completed: 49 (+1)

Completion: 48.32% (49.77%)

• Like 2

Since I didn't say that earlier let's have a small reminder that submissions for January are now over.

Here's a small list of the theme suggestions so far:

• Falion - Games by studios that are based in (or originated in) a non English-speaking country
  • JoaoQuique - Games that allow you to use wheels and/or wheel like things
  • ladynadiad - Artistic (2)
  • Hemiak - Games you have had on your profile (or owned) for more than 6 months (2)
  • Edunstar - Artistic (2)
  • Lucas - Games you have had on your profile (or owned) for more than 6 months (2)

14 hours ago, Enma8910 said:

My updates: 

Platinum: 120 (+6)

100%: 45

92.48% completion

Challenges:

1. Was not able to finish a retro game xD

2. All games completed are from other PSNP events (New Year's event and Platinum Pyramid Event)

3. Was able to complete more than 4 games this month.

4. I played Tearaway earlier than expected due to the New Year's event in PSNP.

I've updated your stats, good thing you managed to post before the deadline. 

Congrats on getting a platinum rank and 3 golden stars for the second challenge as well as completing the challenge requiring 4 games to be played, and a platinum rank in January as well as 3 platinum stars. 

Since the fourth challenge is focused on this event in particular, games that you only completed because of another event won't count. I changed the wording from the to this to reduce future misunderstandings.

12 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

That's another one I was thinking about. It would probably also be another interesting theme as different people see different games as artistic.

10 hours ago, Hemiak said:

My theme is games you have had on your profile (or owned) for more than 6 months. 

Another great suggestion to get people to play games that actually have been sitting in their backlog for a while.

Sadly, this would probably include each and every game I own except for Dragonball Xenoverse and Cathrine, at least if we're going by the owned date instead of the on your profile date.

8 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

What a great idea! I have Okami unfinished and taking up space on my PS3. 

I think non-English speaking games is a great theme, as well. Don't think I can come up with anything better, so could I just second artistic games? I guess in a way it doesn't matter, since Okami counts as non-English and artistic.

Your voice has been heard, Artistic has now been suggested twice. :)

4 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Some updates into February:

1. Completed a PS4 game for this months Plat rank (Murdered: Soul Suspect).

2. Completed a retro game on PS4 (Day of the Tentacle Remastered).

3. Completed 4 PS4 games: Murdered, Day of the Tentacle, Goosebumps, Sound Shapes.

4. All four games above have been for the Trophy Hunters Team League.

5. The games played are kinda what I've played before so no game I wouldn't have played otherwise.

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 50 (+7)

100% completed: 49 (+1)

Completion: 48.32% (49.77%)

Updated your stats.

1. Congrats on your new rank along with your additional 2 platinum stars and a golden star.
  2. Sadly, since only one of the trophies besides the platinum was completed within February, I can't count DotTR for you.
  3. Despite the above, you have still completed 4 games this month since Gone Home also counts towards this (two trophies in February), so there's another challenge rank for you.
  4. Added three golden stars to your challenge.
Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Updated your stats.

1. Congrats on your new rank along with your additional 2 platinum stars and a golden star.
  2. Sadly, since only one of the trophies besides the platinum was completed within February, I can't count DotTR for you.
  3. Despite the above, you have still completed 4 games this month since Gone Home also counts towards this (two trophies in February), so there's another challenge rank for you.
  4. Added three golden stars to your challenge.

Fair enough, I was thinking these were all going into the February bit, but that's all fine :P

• Like 1

The periode of extreme busyness is finally over so I can finally start playing games again :D

I'll be aiming to complete four PS4 games this month for the 'Complete 4 games within one month.' challenge. I will at least try to complete Root Letter (the Vita version), WATCH DOGS 2 (the PS4 version) and Life is Strange (the PS4 version). For the fourth game I was thinking Ruckus Rumble. @xFalionx It seems like some people completed Ruckus Rumble in about 15 minutes. Would it still count towards this challenge and a gold rank despite its short length?

My suggestion for next month's theme is the one @Hemiak came up with: Games you have had on your profile (or owned) for more than 6 months.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The periode of extreme busyness is finally over so I can finally start playing games again :D

I'll be aiming to complete four PS4 games this month for the 'Complete 4 games within one month.' challenge. I will at least try to complete Root Letter (the Vita version), WATCH DOGS 2 (the PS4 version) and Life is Strange (the PS4 version). For the fourth game I was thinking Ruckus Rumble. @xFalionx It seems like some people completed Ruckus Rumble in about 15 minutes. Would it still count towards this challenge and a gold rank despite its short length?

My suggestion for next month's theme is the one @Hemiak came up with: Games you have had on your profile (or owned) for more than 6 months.

That's great to hear. :)

Yeah, this event has no completion time limitation except for instantly completing games via cross-save or other means, so you should be good to go.

I've noted your suggestion.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

*snip*

By the way, does every game someone completes during the Trophy Hunters League or the Trophy Hunters Team League count towards the 'Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.' challenge? If so, I feel like some people will have 50(+) golden stars for that challenge by the end of the year :P

• Like 1

Just now, Lucas said:

By the way, does every game someone completes during the Trophy Hunters League or the Trophy Hunters Team League count towards the 'Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.' challenge? If so, I feel like some people will have 50(+) golden stars for that challenge by the end of the year :P

Yes, if it turns out to be too much I could always make every 10 golden challenge stars be worth 1 platinum challenge star or something like that.

I've already got a better challenge system thought out for the possibility of a new version of this event in 2018. It would be too much of a change to implement that new system in a running event, until then the stars should suffice. ^_^

I have finally hit my stride with The Division. I like the game better than I initially let on, as I gave it time to kind of grow on me.

It is slow going on trophies, because I am sweeping through each section first to do all missions and get all collectibles. Since a lot of the trophies are mission or collectible based, and since each section is easier based on level, it'll take awhile to earn trophies in bunches. Right now, I am level 9, so I can pretty easily roam through only 4 sections out of 12, so there is still a lot to cover in the game.

I figure this will take up most of the month, so I will try to slip in 3 smaller games to get the 4 game completion challenge. If I can, I'll knock out Emily Wants to Play, Battleship, and Journey as the 3 other games to try and make that challenge.

• Like 2

Completed my first game of the month: Ruckus Rumble. This means I already earned the gold rank this month and I completed 1/4 games for the  'Complete 4 games within one month.' challenge. As the Trophy Hunters League Season 17 started a few days ago, this should also mean that I completed the 'Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.' challenge for the first time :).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Another great suggestion to get people to play games that actually have been sitting in their backlog for a while.

Sadly, this would probably include each and every game I own except for Dragonball Xenoverse and Cathrine, at least if we're going by the owned date instead of the on your profile date.

I would prefer it to be the "on your profile" date, but was worried some people with higher completion rates might not have any games that way. Was also thinking at least a year initially but that seemed like it might exclude even more people. 

Glad other people liked the suggestion as well. 

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Completed my first game of the month: Ruckus Rumble. This means I already earned the gold rank this month and I completed 1/4 games for the  'Complete 4 games within one month.' challenge. As the Trophy Hunters League Season 17 started a few days ago, this should also mean that I completed the 'Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.' challenge for the first time :).

With only two times over the time limit, that game will almost certainly not end up counting for the THL. Unless you're in one of the other ones as well, if probably wait and see. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

With only two times over the time limit, that game will almost certainly not end up counting for the THL. Unless you're in one of the other ones as well, if probably wait and see. 

I'm pretty sure it will count. The first fixture ends Saturday 0:00 AM GMT+0 and I doubt the game will have 50 people who played and completed it by then. That means the slowest time will be used instead of the 50th time (because there won't be a 50th time yet), which is 8 hours and 47 minutes, making the game count because it's not under 4 hours and 30 minutes :)

22 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Would we be talking about first played or bought or when the last trophy was earned in the game?  I've got some games I've had for a long time that I've been chipping away at from time to time so they have recent trophies, but first were played in like 2014.  In fact, pretty much all my PS3 games were bought in 2014-2015.

22 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

Would we be talking about first played or bought or when the last trophy was earned in the game?  I've got some games I've had for a long time that I've been chipping away at from time to time so they have recent trophies, but first were played in like 2014.  In fact, pretty much all my PS3 games were bought in 2014-2015.

My idea was first trophy earned over 6 months ago. I don't really care when the last one was earned. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lucas said:

Congrats on already surpassing your efforts in January. :P 

That's a gold rank as well as a challenge rank for you. Make sure to notify me in case your game ends up not counting after all so I can take that rank back. :devil: ^_^ 

23 hours ago, Hemiak said:

I would prefer it to be the "on your profile" date, but was worried some people with higher completion rates might not have any games that way. Was also thinking at least a year initially but that seemed like it might exclude even more people. 

I'd still have quite a bit of room to choose from in that case. I guess if your theme ends up winning I might finally finish that R&C 2 plat off, we'll see.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2017 at 9:25 AM, xFalionx said:

Snip

I think you missed this. vv

On 2/2/2017 at 4:31 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

* Hemiak is the best and his suggestion is all the awesome. *

I might have paraphrased that a bit. :D

I feel like for next season the competition or league events need to be excluded from the challenge rank as it basically makes that challenge meaningless. 

Also, if my idea isn't chosen as the full theme for next month I was thinking it would make a decent challenge rank for next season maybe? Could also have one for completing a game in under a week. 

Edit: I also apologize if my suggestions are unwanted. I have a bad habit of popping into threads (even ones I have no intention of joining)  and making suggestions on improvements. :dunno: I even posted in the Great Australian Trophy Hunt once...  or twice. xD:|:facepalm:

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 2

The hardest trophy in Color Guardians is mine. I'm pretty sure I can finish this, let's call it mediocre, game today.

Honestly I was extremely surprised when I saw in the credits that this game wasn't made by a single person but rather by a pretty large team.

16 hours ago, Hemiak said:

I feel like for next season the competition or league events need to be excluded from the challenge rank as it basically makes that challenge meaningless. 

Also, if my idea isn't chosen as the full theme for next month I was thinking it would make a decent challenge rank for next season maybe? Could also have one for completing a game in under a week. 

Edit: I also apologize if my suggestions are unwanted. I have a bad habit of popping into threads (even ones I have no intention of joining)  and making suggestions on improvements. :dunno: I even posted in the Great Australian Trophy Hunt once...  or twice. xD:|:facepalm:

I think you missed this. vv :D 

On 12/21/2016 at 4:02 PM, xFalionx said:

I'm always open to suggestions.

Yeah I didn't really plan for the leagues and stuff like that because I usually don't participate in them because I don't have that much time on my hands. I think I might end up limiting another challenge like this to a certain amount of games per event so we don't end up with a million golden stars next year. :)

I could think of challenges that would work with this suggestion, even with the new system I'm planning to implement. I'm pretty sure that something along the lines of complete the oldest game in your backlog that can still be completed will make it into that next season. I'm not completely certain about the other one but who knows, it might end up doing something like that too.

No need to apologize. ^_^ Suggestions usually allow me to see a different perspective on the event, so it's always helpful to get some. Since this is my first event of this kind, there is probably quite a bit of trial and error needed to make it perfect but I'd say we're headed in the right direction.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 2