Monthly Madness (Formerly known as FYLTBE) [OLD THREAD]

@Fitzquaid @Edunstar84 

I just had a short look at the trophy guide for Ayesha and I think I'm gonna skip Atelier April. There's a bunch of missable events, and I don't really want to play the game guided either, so I think I'll just play that game some other time when I don't have to rush it to a deadline. Until then I'll just play some other 3+ word game from my backlog, I guess.

Just now, xFalionx said:

@Fitzquaid @Edunstar84 

I just had a short look at the trophy guide for Ayesha and I think I'm gonna skip Atelier April. There's a bunch of missable events, and I don't really want to play the game guided either, so I think I'll just play that game some other time when I don't have to rush it to a deadline. Until then I'll just play some other 3+ word game from my backlog, I guess.

Thanks for the heads up! Totally understand. 

• Like 1

Made a start to TLOU last night as I got caught up with the new 13 reasons why series :o

Forgot how much I love this game. ? hopefully get the plat by the end of this week/start of next as done a huge chunk and once I start this game I just tank on.

Has anyone played Catherine out of interest as its on sale for £2,49 at the moment ?

• Like 1

A minor update: I completed all Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone DLC trophies, granting me a Platinum rank on that specific challenge (since base game had been completed on January, no Golden Star for me - for now...). Icon: 9S4483cf.png

Probably after next weekend, I will bring a plenty of completed games - I'd decided to have Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2's Platinum as my 11.000th trophy overall and my 160th Platinum (since Neptunia Re/Birth2 is in "ready to pop" status since March, it will not be used on this event), and I focused on "quick-and-easy" games for being able to complete it as fast as possible; now I have three games in "ready to pop" status that fit April's theme, and I'm working on Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL, which meets even hardcore requiriment.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MortalRikku said:

Has anyone played Catherine out of interest as its on sale for £2,49 at the moment 1f914.png

Didn't play it yet since a second controller is required for the platinum trophy, but I did buy the game towards the end of last year as it seems pretty interesting.

23 minutes ago, JoaoQuique said:

A minor update: I completed all Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone DLC trophies, granting me a Platinum rank on that specific challenge (since base game had been completed on January, no Golden Star for me - for now...). Icon: 9S4483cf.png

Probably after next weekend, I will bring a plenty of completed games - I'd decided to have Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2's Platinum as my 11.000th trophy overall and my 160th Platinum (since Neptunia Re/Birth2 is in "ready to pop" status since March, it will not be used on this event), and I focused on "quick-and-easy" games for being able to complete it as fast as possible; now I have three games in "ready to pop" status that fit April's theme, and I'm working on Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL, which meets even hardcore requiriment.

Congrats on completing the DLC challenge. :) 

Also, Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL wouldn't count for the hardcore theme since the "XL" is an edition title for the ported version with additional content.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MortalRikku said:

Has anyone played Catherine out of interest as its on sale for £2,49 at the moment 1f914.png

Yeah, Catherine is a pretty cool game. You can finish the story and earn about 75% of the trophies with very little effort. 10% is a grind(not horrible just boring) and the final 15% is the actual difficult part. 

A 2nd controller is highly recommended if going for Plat. It's actually necessary for the US (and EU I think?) version as the game is glitched and hasn't been completed solo. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

(...)

Also, Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL wouldn't count for the hardcore theme since the "XL" is an edition title for the ported version with additional content.

I did not know about this... But there's no problem - I intend to complete A King's Tale: FFXV in April anyway... :lol:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Yeah, Catherine is a pretty cool game. You can finish the story and earn about 75% of the trophies with very little effort. 10% is a grind(not horrible just boring) and the final 15% is the actual difficult part. 

A 2nd controller is highly recommended if going for Plat. It's actually necessary for the US (and EU I think?) version as the game is glitched and hasn't been completed solo. 

Thanks, will keep that noted :)

• Like 1

On 4/10/2017 at 8:26 AM, MortalRikku said:

Made a start to TLOU last night as I got caught up with the new 13 reasons why series :o

Has anyone played Catherine out of interest as its on sale for £2,49 at the moment ?

First of all 13 Reasons Why is excellent! One of the best shows I've ever watched. How'd you feel about it?

Catherine is excellent as well. From what I've played it's a great puzzle game, with an interesting story. For £2.49 you can't go wrong.

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 2

Short update: I've actually not continued on Witcher III but I went ahead and started doing the single player of Black Flag after I grinded out the multiplayer. After yesterday, the only stuff I have to do now is get 100% synch in about half the main campaign missions (was much more than half but I already made a start last night). If I get through the remainder, that would be my first :platinum: of the event (my last platinum trophy is still Assassin's Creed II on PS4 in January, which was my 30th platinum).

• Like 4

On 10/04/2017 at 5:55 PM, Kent10201 said:

First of all 13 Reasons Why is excellent! One of the best shows I've ever watched. How'd you feel about?

Catherine is excellent as well. From what I've played it's a great puzzle game, with an interesting story. For £2.49 you can't go wrong.

OMG yes it's so good! I couldn't help but keep watching. Hate that it's over but the series was so good! 

Yeah that's true, made the purchase of that last night and now deciding between some tales of games as they are on sale this month too :D don't think I'm actually helping my backlog but I do like a good deal haha! 

Made more progress with TLOU, at the hunters now so let the fun begin! Grounded mode is a killer but weirdly enjoyable! 

Edited by MortalRikku
  • Like 4

On 10/04/2017 at 9:46 AM, xFalionx said:

@Fitzquaid @Edunstar84 

Probably a good call, there's a lot of moving parts in Ayesha and easily missed flags.  Escha & Logy makes it a lot more straightforward to see everything, though you do need two playthroughs, and I think Shallie is similar.

• Like 1

Jumping back into Greg Hastings Paintball 2 that I played last July.

Making pretty good progress and I've already knocked out one of the more annoying trophies and most of the misc stuff. Just need to finish all the events on hard and buy all the gear. Still going to be a couple nights work. 

• Like 2

Good luck to everyone who's completing their games. :) 

Anyways, I've completed the story of AC:Brotherhood now. I'm only gonna finish solving all of subject 16's riddles and finding the last few Borgia flags to finish up the SP trophies because I don't really give a crap about the MP. Also, because that cliffhanger at the end has got me by the balls so I want to start Revelations as soon as possible. :D 

On 4/11/2017 at 8:34 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Short update: I've actually not continued on Witcher III but I went ahead and started doing the single player of Black Flag after I grinded out the multiplayer. After yesterday, the only stuff I have to do now is get 100% synch in about half the main campaign missions (was much more than half but I already made a start last night). If I get through the remainder, that would be my first :platinum: of the event (my last platinum trophy is still Assassin's Creed II on PS4 in January, which was my 30th platinum).

Congrats on not being able to finish the Witcher 3 story... again. :P Have fun with your 100% synchronization of Pirates of the Caribbean: IV Black Flag. :) 

9 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I've platinumed LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita tonight!:dance: This is now my longest platinum completion time as its taken me 3 years and 4 months to do^_^ I wasn't really looking to do it, but you know how it is, you go on it for five minutes to check something out and you end up playing it none stop for 3 weeks until you platinum it.

Anyway here are my stat changes:

Platinums - 59 (+1)

100% - No Change

Completion Percentage - 77.15%

Wow, you've earned that plat rank, I stopped LBP Vita because of those annoying MP trophies. Really makes me wish MP trophies would be treated as DLC trophies, in a different list.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Anyways, I've completed the story of AC:Brotherhood now. I'm only gonna finish solving all of subject 16's riddles and finding the last few Borgia flags to finish up the SP trophies because I don't really give a crap about the MP. Also, because that cliffhanger at the end has got me by the balls so I want to start Revelations as soon as possible. :D 

I like that you're enjoying the games but seeing someone discover them this late... It's like someone right now suddenly saying "the cake is a lie!" and stuff.

But hey, you've got four more Assassin's Creed games to go before you've got no other choice than to get a PS4 B)

3 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Congrats on not being able to finish the Witcher 3 story... again. :P Have fun with your 100% synchronization of Pirates of the Caribbean: IV Black Flag. :)

I didn't say (yet) I wouldn't be able to do Witcher III this month, I still might... though it can count for the water and earth hardcore requirements of next month so it wouldn't be a super big deal.

Done a few missions in Black Flag yesterday but I was home late, I hope I get enough time to finish the game today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I like that you're enjoying the games but seeing someone discover them this late... It's like someone right now suddenly saying "the cake is a lie!" and stuff.

But hey, you've got four more Assassin's Creed games to go before you've got no other choice than to get a PS4 B)

Yeah, back on PC I was always saying stuff like "Those games wouldn't run on my PC anyways" or "I bet the PC controls are gonna be annoying" and then when I got my PS3 about a year and a half ago, I saw the Legacy Collection with all 5 games up to and including AC3 for 15€ on Amazon. Couldn't say no to that offer. :D Anyways, I ended up liking the games so much that I played through AC1 and AC2 within like a week or 2, then got halfway through Brotherhood before I got hit with burnout. ^_^ I might even go for 3 after Revelations because it's probably gonna feel pretty fresh with a new assassin and all that naval stuff, otherwise I'm gonna finish Kingdom Hearts first, that's another series I got into way too late.

54 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Wow, you've earned that plat rank, I stopped LBP Vita because of those annoying MP trophies. Really makes me wish MP trophies would be treated as DLC trophies, in a different list.

Thank you, it definitely feels like it haha:dance: They are pretty fustrating especially when you can only really play with another player in your own country because the lag is so bad if you play with anyone in another country. If you ever decide to go back to it, I'll give you a hand with the MP trophies if you like.^_^

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Thank you, it definitely feels like it haha:dance: They are pretty fustrating especially when you can only really play with another player in your own country because the lag is so bad if you play with anyone in another country. If you ever decide to go back to it, I'll give you a hand with the MP trophies if you like.^_^

Thanks for the offer, let's see if that day comes before they take down the servers. :D 

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

@xFalionx yeah, I'm just going to leave this right here...

1S107813.png

... Yup, my first platinum since joining the event! Also, star for the other event challenge as this game has been on my card for longer than a year so it works for my own backlog event.

Congrats! Must feel good to finally finish it.

I also finally voted. I picked Earth. I'm pretty sure Dokuro qualifies. If it doesn't get picked, I might opt out of the month.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Congrats! Must feel good to finally finish it.

You know, it does feel good but it doesn't really feel like a "finally". Played the game on PS4 early on when there weren't that many games yet and I was waiting on Unity/Rogue. I had already played it less than a year before on X360 so I was really just looking to experience the main story again. I never thought about going for the platinum since I don't like multiplayer and I hadn't 100%ed any AC game other than II and Liberation.

Then, last year, The Ezio Collection gets announced and released, without multiplayer. I figure out that if I get throught the multiplayer of III and IV, then I can go for the platinum in all Assassin's Creed games. Did the Black Flag multiplayer last month, and felt like doing the single player stuff later so I went for it.

Didn't take me all that long in the end, and didn't feel like a chore since the side stuff was varied and the game was a lot of fun.

Now completing Brotherhood, Revelations or III, THAT would feel like a "finally".

• Like 1

I've managed to finish up the collectibles and therefore all singleplayer trophies in Brotherhood, and I've already started on Revelations. I'm in Sequence 3 and if the count of viewpoints is an indicator for that, I've also managed to explore about 85% of the world already. I don't know if there's another area with yet another counter later on in the game, but if this the full extent of the map, I might actually go ahead and start III after I'm done with Revelations. Anyways, I'm really loving the change of scenery after spending two games in Italy and broken down Italy. I've also got no idea how I ever managed to live without that awesome hookblade, and I'm having a blast at the tower defense minigames. :lol: 

I've also had a look at the multiplayer trophies and it seems like this title has a lot less tedious MP trophies than Brotherhood had, so I might make this game my platinum rank for this month if the servers aren't completely dead by now. I was After all, I was going for all of the SP trophies anyways, I could stomach 10-20 hours of MP in that case.

14 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

@xFalionx yeah, I'm just going to leave this right here...

1S107813.png

... Yup, my first platinum since joining the event! Also, star for the other event challenge as this game has been on my card for longer than a year so it works for my own backlog event.

Congrats on that well earned platinum rank and your new challenge star. ^_^ Now you have a nice transition between ranks since you've started with silver, then got a gold (with like a million golden stars :D), and now you new platinum rank.

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Finished all but one of the endings. When I do get it, the plat will be mine.

Good luck, you're almost there. :D 

• Like 1