Monthly Madness (Formerly known as FYLTBE) [OLD THREAD]

5 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

A bit more elaborate then (I haven't played the game myself, going by the kart wiki):

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Well, from that I gather that it would count towards the hardcore requirements of Air and Earth (tracks in the sky/ in a cave(mine)) for water you'd need to have something actually underwater. I know there used to be underwater sections on some tracks in some of the newer Kart games where your car would transform into a sort-of submarine car but I'm not sure if that's in 8. If that's the case then it would also count for Water (or if there are tracks that are actually at least partially set underwater, something like a glass tunnel through water would also count). For fire it would count as a normal entry, but not for the challenge. 

You should also keep in mind that to achieve 100% completion in Mario Kart 8, you'd probably need to complete the Grand Prix in all difficulties, as well as unlock every character which might prove to be a challenge. ^_^ 

Elements will be a challenge, since I try to avoid knowing too much about games before I start.  :hmm:

FFX immediately jumps to mind for water, what with those cursed blitzball games and the underwater cave/boss fight, but that's probably not something I'm capable of platting. Faery: Legends of Avalon definitely fits for air, but doesn't have one at all...

Defense Grid 2 beaten and prepped for PRD again.

Pretty fun, well made little tower defense game, if a bit short. Looks good, ran mostly smoothly, the snippets of story were reasonably interesting... overall, glad I picked it up. Only complaint was the RNG trophy, but I got lucky there and picked it up around gold medal 95(/100) instead of having to grind for my last tower ability after everything else was done.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Well, from that I gather that it would count towards the hardcore requirements of Air and Earth (tracks in the sky/ in a cave(mine)) for water you'd need to have something actually underwater. I know there used to be underwater sections on some tracks in some of the newer Kart games where your car would transform into a sort-of submarine car but I'm not sure if that's in 8. If that's the case then it would also count for Water (or if there are tracks that are actually at least partially set underwater, something like a glass tunnel through water would also count). For fire it would count as a normal entry, but not for the challenge. 

You should also keep in mind that to achieve 100% completion in Mario Kart 8, you'd probably need to complete the Grand Prix in all difficulties, as well as unlock every character which might prove to be a challenge. ^_^ 

I know that Mario Kart 8 has several tracks with underwater parts. So the Deluxe edition has them too.

And while being here I think I'll join this event. I wasn't sure about joining earlier because of the themes. But seeing the past themes it seems to be possible to do.

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 25

100% completed: 22

Completion: 46,57%

As for April: Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duellist would count, wouldn't it? I need two trophies in it. In addition it would count for Billy's "What it this still doing there" event.

I think I will play The Deadly Tower of Monsters for this months in additon to Yu-Gi-Oh. That counts for sure.

As for May: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell would be a good game for Fire. For the other elements I have to look what I have.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Elements will be a challenge, since I try to avoid knowing too much about games before I start.  :hmm:

FFX immediately jumps to mind for water, what with those cursed blitzball games and the underwater cave/boss fight, but that's probably not something I'm capable of platting. Faery: Legends of Avalon definitely fits for air, but doesn't have one at all...

Defense Grid 2 beaten and prepped for PRD again.

Pretty fun, well made little tower defense game, if a bit short. Looks good, ran mostly smoothly, the snippets of story were reasonably interesting... overall, glad I picked it up. Only complaint was the RNG trophy, but I got lucky there and picked it up around gold medal 95(/100) instead of having to grind for my last tower ability after everything else was done.

Yeah, same goes for me, though I should have a more thorough look through my backlog to see if I can find anything besides an air game. :D 

Congrats on your platinum rank in April. I gotta start on Ayesha soon, otherwise I'm gonna end up running out of time, but AC Brotherhood is just so good that I can't stop myself from playing that instead. ^_^ 

8 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I know that Mario Kart 8 has several tracks with underwater parts. So the Deluxe edition has them too.

And while being here I think I'll join this event. I wasn't sure about joining earlier because of the themes. But seeing the past themes it seems to be possible to do.

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 25

100% completed: 22

Completion: 46,57%

As for April: Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duellist would count, wouldn't it? I need two trophies in it. In addition it would count for Billy's "What it this still doing there" event.

I think I will play The Deadly Tower of Monsters for this months in additon to Yu-Gi-Oh. That counts for sure.

As for May: Saints Row: Gat out of Hell would be a good game for Fire. For the other elements I have to look what I have.

Yeah, then Mario Kart 8/Deluxe both count towards the hardcore water requirement as well. Also, I love how the votes are evening out. This months vote is gonna be intense, it might even end in a 4-way tie. :D 

Welcome to the event. :) 

Yeah, that one will count since there are 2 trophies or more besides the plat left to get, despite this game not having a plat. I really don't know if I'm gonna count the Yu-Gi-Oh! as one word or 3 though. :hmm: I haven't got a clue.

Yeah, Saints Row: Gat out of Hell would indeed be a nice choice for the fire theme.

• Like 2

Hey Falcon :D

Just curious if I could get credit for Monkey Island 2: LeChucks Revenge. I only have one trophy left but it's for a full speed run and I have to start from scratch. Just curious. 

Nvm, you answered on the other thread and I just saw it. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Yes I know it will be a 100% completion,no you don't scare me.

Markus convinced you of water, I feel like Kart 8 counts for fire as well:

PWFhAD7.jpg

Mario-Kart-8-Screenshot-10.jpg

... Anyway, I have 100%ed all DLC for Assassin's Creed Syndicate yesterday/today, I'll have my challenge plat please B)

It was longer than I thought too, dang. Took me nine or ten hours to 100% it.

Here's the trophy image for 100% completion in the DLC:

57Maac043.png

All in all, I thought it was a fun DLC. I am getting annoyed by how much content in AC Ubisoft games is simple side stuff though. Compared to Witcher III, where much side content is additional full-length quests...

• Like 2

I managed to find my old actually-functional Vita memory card, so my plan for April is to get the platinum in Escha & Logy. 

At the end of my first playthrough I had some very broken items (endgame alchemy is ridiculous) so Logy's story should be smooth sailing; the trophy for getting to level 99 is the only thing that gives me pause.

Edited by Fitzquaid
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Yeah, that one will count since there are 2 trophies or more besides the plat left to get, despite this game not having a plat. I really don't know if I'm gonna count the Yu-Gi-Oh! as one word or 3 though. :hmm: I haven't got a clue.

Yeah, Saints Row: Gat out of Hell would indeed be a nice choice for the fire theme.

Personally I would count it as one word. For me a hyphen means it's one word.

• Like 1

Completed resident evil 7, what a game! Totally loved it! Going to do another playthrough to get the collectibles as did it blind and missed a few bits here and there. Not sure if I will mange the plat tho as some of the trophies seem quite frustrating. 

Going to finish my plat run for the last of us next ^_^ 

• Like 2

I just completed Lara Croft Go and got the :platinum:.

I played both Lara Croft Go and Hitman Go and Hitman Go is better for me. In case you don't know what the Go games are. You are on a board and move around. Each move is a turn and enemies move while you do. The goal is to reach the end of the level.

Now I wonder when a game is eligable for the "played through because of the event" challange. I saw this game in my list and thought it has three words so I can complete it quick.

Does this make the game eligable for that challange?

Here's the plat image

• Like 2

Completed The Secrets of Monkey Island so that's a gold star.

It also should count for the Retro challenge, something I wouldn't have completed except for this event, and it counts for Billy's event. 

I also completed Babel Rising yesterday, so that's two more 100%, even though BR doesn't count for this. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Hey Falcon :D

Just curious if I could get credit for Monkey Island 2: LeChucks Revenge. I only have one trophy left but it's for a full speed run and I have to start from scratch. Just curious. 

Nvm, you answered on the other thread and I just saw it. 

Yeah, I'm not completely liking the rule because it prevents people from picking up old games in that state but for now it's the best thing, I think.

17 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yes I know it will be a 100% completion,no you don't scare me.

Markus convinced you of water, I feel like Kart 8 counts for fire as well:

Just wanted to make sure, because I think the only Mario Kart I've ever completed was Double Dash. ^_^

Well, being surrounded by lava still doesn't make it a (partial) hell setting, so I'm still holding strong about fire only counting for the event in general, not the hardcore challenge.

17 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

... Anyway, I have 100%ed all DLC for Assassin's Creed Syndicate yesterday/today, I'll have my challenge plat please B)

It was longer than I thought too, dang. Took me nine or ten hours to 100% it.

Here's the trophy image for 100% completion in the DLC:

57Maac043.png

All in all, I thought it was a fun DLC. I am getting annoyed by how much content in AC Ubisoft games is simple side stuff though. Compared to Witcher III, where much side content is additional full-length quests...

That's pretty nice though, I guess nowadays they actually give you a fair bit of content for your money.

Anyways, congrats on being the first one to complete the DLC challenge. :yay:

12 hours ago, MortalRikku said:

Completed resident evil 7, what a game! Totally loved it! Going to do another playthrough to get the collectibles as did it blind and missed a few bits here and there. Not sure if I will mange the plat tho as some of the trophies seem quite frustrating. 

Going to finish my plat run for the last of us next ^_^ 

Congrats on earning a silver rank in April. :) 

5 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I just completed Lara Croft Go and got the :platinum:.

I played both Lara Croft Go and Hitman Go and Hitman Go is better for me. In case you don't know what the Go games are. You are on a board and move around. Each move is a turn and enemies move while you do. The goal is to reach the end of the level.

Now I wonder when a game is eligable for the "played through because of the event" challange. I saw this game in my list and thought it has three words so I can complete it quick.

Does this make the game eligable for that challange?

Congrats on earning a platinum rank in April along with completing the challenge about only playing a game because of this event. :D 

Yeah, that challenge is for games which you didn't plan on playing in the near future but did so anyways because the event motivated you to do so. This sounds like it's the case.

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

Completed The Secrets of Monkey Island so that's a gold star.

It also should count for the Retro challenge, something I wouldn't have completed except for this event, and it counts for Billy's event. 

I also completed Babel Rising yesterday, so that's two more 100%, even though BR doesn't count for this. 

Congrats on earning a gold rank in April along with your 2 challenge stars and retro challenge completion. :) 

5 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Well, being surrounded by lava still doesn't make it a (partial) hell setting, so I'm still holding strong about fire only counting for the event in general, not the hardcore challenge.

Guess I didn't read the hardcore requirement good enough.

I feel like hell setting is a bit too restrictive for fire, that's like needing a heaven setting in the Air element... I'd say active volcanoes and such should count too, like the fire temple from Ocarina Of Time or that lava bit from Jak And Daxter.

Just saying, "hell" takes not just fire but Christian symbolism as well, none of the other elements have that kind of hardcore requirement.

I'm not just asking for Mario Kart because if the hardcore requirement is hell then I have no single game in my backlog except for Super Meat Boy and no way in, uhm, hell that I am 100%ing that one. There's enough games with lots of fire but not that many with an actual hell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Just saying, "hell" takes not just fire but Christian symbolism as well, none of the other elements have that kind of hardcore requirement.

I'm not just asking for Mario Kart because if the hardcore requirement is hell then I have no single game in my backlog except for Super Meat Boy and no way in, uhm, hell that I am 100%ing that one. There's enough games with lots of fire but not that many with an actual hell.

I guess that's true in a way, but I felt like games with a hell setting were more common than games with a volcano setting. The latter was actually my first thought in that regard, so I might end up making it a partial hell/volcano setting thing. 

Also, I love how you're the one voicing the most concern about certain hardcore themes being too strict, after you were the one who wanted them that way so you could be playing a very similar game to the others. It's kind of ironic. :lol:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

I guess that's true in a way, but I felt like games with a hell setting were more common than games with a volcano setting. The latter was actually my first thought in that regard, so I might end up making it a partial hell/volcano setting thing. 

Also, I love how you're the one voicing the most concern about certain hardcore themes being too strict, after you were the one who wanted them that way so you could be playing a very similar game to the others. It's kind of ironic. :lol:

Strickt schmickt, I'm just saying that there's four possible hardcore requirements for next month and one is a lot more specific than the other three.

I wouldn't even mind if you made the hardcore requirement that said element should be the main setting, like Dante's Inferno for Fire or Ace Combat for Air or Chariot for Earth or Bioshock for Water.

• Like 1

I have no idea which one to vote for. I could probably come up with something for each if I had to. I've still got some time to figure it out though.

Time to update for this month's theme. Finished 4 games now of 3 plus words:

Platinums for Xblaze Code: Embryo, Tales from the Borderlands, and Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink

100% on Linger in Shadows

Clockwork Tales should qualify for the hardcore of 6 word title as well as playing a game for this event that I otherwise wouldn't have played now. So a couple of challenges done there?

Now I can concentrate on other things like ones from 1 year+ ago for Billy's event and just plain salvaging my completion rate from KYC. Got a couple of other new ones on tap for the Metroidvania and Way of the Sword PPs to get up to a silver rank on those too.

Who knows what lies around the next bend?

• Like 2

On 4/8/2017 at 11:48 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Strickt schmickt, I'm just saying that there's four possible hardcore requirements for next month and one is a lot more specific than the other three.

I wouldn't even mind if you made the hardcore requirement that said element should be the main setting, like Dante's Inferno for Fire or Ace Combat for Air or Chariot for Earth or Bioshock for Water.

Honestly, I don't really think the hell setting requirement is that much more specific than the others. Actually, the smallest amount of games I could think of would be for the air setting. For that you'd basically have to have something literally set in the sky like Bioshock Infinite, maybe Bastion, or a game about planes. I would probably even let Journey count for that because of that one section towards the end of the game. That's pretty much all I could think of out of the games I know. There's a ton of games with an underwater setting and even more with a underground/cave setting. For hell, like air, there's a smaller selection. It's really hard, if not impossible to make the requirements match up completely, so it's up to you to decide what you like best by voting.

11 hours ago, Kevvik said:

I have no idea which one to vote for. I could probably come up with something for each if I had to. I've still got some time to figure it out though.

Time to update for this month's theme. Finished 4 games now of 3 plus words:

Platinums for Xblaze Code: Embryo, Tales from the Borderlands, and Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink

100% on Linger in Shadows

Clockwork Tales should qualify for the hardcore of 6 word title as well as playing a game for this event that I otherwise wouldn't have played now. So a couple of challenges done there1f60e.png

Now I can concentrate on other things like ones from 1 year+ ago for Billy's event and just plain salvaging my completion rate from KYC. Got a couple of other new ones on tap for the Metroidvania and Way of the Sword PPs to get up to a silver rank on those too.

Who knows what lies around the next bend?

If you vote for fire, we'd have a 4-way tie, it's up to you though. :devil: Maybe look through your backlog and see if any game you'd like to play soon fits any of the themes' requirements.

Anyways, that's one large update. Congrats on gaining 2 platinum stars, a golden star, being the first to complete the hardcore challenge, completing the other challenge you mentioned and gaining a star for the 4 games challenge. :yay:

20 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I was just wondering how do you rank games with multiple endings? The game I'm playing has several. Do I have to finish all of them for a gold rank?

Is there one true ending if you finished many possibilities, like in Stories: The Path Of Destinies? Or is each ending as canon as the other one, like a Telltale title?

• Like 1

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

Is there one true ending if you finished many possibilities, like in Stories: The Path Of Destinies? Or is each ending as canon as the other one, like a Telltale title?

There's a true ending, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have to fulfill any other endings to view it.

• Like 1

I got the plat for Nightmares of the Deep: The Cursed Heart. That's the hardcore challenge for me.:yay:

I'm impressed how good hidden object games work on consoles. Althought the Mah-Jong in under one minute wasn't that easy.

Now let's see if I can complete two more games for the four games challenge.

Would you count The Legend of Korra for next month? I mean I'm controlling all the four elements so it should count for all themes, shouldn't it? If so I know what to play next month.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I was just wondering how do you rank games with multiple endings? The game I'm playing has several. Do I have to finish all of them for a gold rank?

• Bronze: Just participate in the event.
  • Silver: Complete the story of a game (any ending besides a game over screen will count).
  • Gold: Complete all trophies of a game without a platinum trophy, or 100% finish a game without a trophy list/different trophies to the PSN version. (no endings required if they aren't listed in the trophies unless it's a trophyless game, then you'd need to view all endings in addition to all other additional content to make it count as 100% completed).
  • Platinum: Complete all trophies of the basegame of a game with platinum trophy. (no endings required if they aren't listed in the trophies).
9 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I got the plat for Nightmares of the Deep: The Cursed Heart. That's the hardcore challenge for me.:yay:

I'm impressed how good hidden object games work on consoles. Althought the Mah-Jong in under one minute wasn't that easy.

Now let's see if I can complete two more games for the four games challenge.

Would you count The Legend of Korra for next month? I mean I'm controlling all the four elements so it should count for all themes, shouldn't it? If so I know what to play next month.

Congrats on a finished hardcore challenge and a platinum star. :) 

Yeah, Korra would count for all 4 themes, but the bending alone wouldn't count for the hardcore themes, unless there's any settings in the game which fit those.

8 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I will have A Kings Tale: Final Fantasy XV as my first game to meet the H'Core requirements.

Eventually.

I might have some others kicking around here....

Good luck with that. :D 

I should probably start Ayesha soon, otherwise that 70 hour plat will destroy me. ^_^