Monthly Madness (Formerly known as FYLTBE) [OLD THREAD]

I've finished and platinumed Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend today.:dance: That was definitely a nice change from my last platinum and I'd say that this game is definitely a retro game as it was released in 2006. Blimey, looking at that date makes me feel really old as I was 8 when it came outD: and I still remember playing it back then.

Next up is Tomb Raider: Anniversary as you may have guessed already:D

Stat Changes:

Platinum - 60 (+1)

100% - No Changes

Completion Percentage - 77.88%

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I've finished and platinumed Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend today.:dance: That was definitely a nice change from my last platinum and I'd say that this game is definitely a retro game as it was released in 2006. Blimey, looking at that date makes me feel really old as I was 8 when it came outD: and I still remember playing it back then.

Unfortunately for you, Falion has accepted my cutoff for retro games from an older event which is released in or before 2005 :)

You were only 8 in 2005? Jeebus, you're barely into your twenties now! I can get why you think games like this would already be retro xD I myself had decded 2006 was too recent for retro titles since the PS3 was released in 2006 (as well as the Wii) so retro games had to be from before the start of the PS3 era (in my eyes).

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Unfortunately for you, Falion has accepted my cutoff for retro games from an older event which is released in or before 2005 :)

You were only 8 in 2005? Jeebus, you're barely into your twenties now! I can get why you think games like this would already be retro xD I myself had decded 2006 was too recent for retro titles since the PS3 was released in 2006 (as well as the Wii) so retro games had to be from before the start of the PS3 era (in my eyes).

Okay, that's fair enough then, I can't remember seeing that on here. I suppose it is quite recent in my eyes as I'm still quite young :)

Yeah I'm 20 in June so still quite a teenager haha:) I'll have to remember this then for future reference, thanks for letting me know.

• Like 1

A significant update for me - three new Platinums, and all them are eligible for April's theme:

• Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion - since this game is also listed for "Spring Baklog Challenge" and "Billy's 'WTHITSDT' Backlog Event", it grants me a Golden Star for "different PSNP event" challenge;
  • Miracle Girls Festival;
  • Monster Jam: Crush It! - this game is also eligible to granting me a Golden Star for "because of this event" challenge.

Please use MGF's Platinum as my April's icon: 1Sbca347.png

I will update my stats after I get Rugby WC 2015's Platinum (I will get it before completing 11.000 trophies because of personal reasons...).

• Like 1

I finished The Deadly Tower of Monsteres yesterday, so that makes platinum number three. Only one game to complete for the four games challenge. I hope to finish Yu-Gi-Oh! for the other event challenge.

After that I might try to complete the DLC trophies of Table Top Racing for the DLC challenge.

This event is great. I'm finishing more games than ever before in a short time :dance:

• Like 4

17 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Next up is Tomb Raider: Anniversary as you may have guessed already:D

Stat Changes:

Platinum - 60 (+1)

100% - No Changes

Completion Percentage - 77.88%

Congrats on your new platinum star. :) Billy is right, while this is pretty close to the border, it's still not old enough to count as retro.

17 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Okay, that's fair enough then, I can't remember seeing that on here. I suppose it is quite recent in my eyes as I'm still quite young :)

Yeah I'm 20 in June so still quite a teenager haha:) I'll have to remember this then for future reference, thanks for letting me know.

It's in the challenge spoiler, right next to the challenge. Originally I considered making it a 10-year difference from our current year since it's an evolving topic but I'd like to have a console generation between current gen and retro. I may go back to the 10-year thing in the future depending on how long a new Sony console is gonna take to be released, or if this one may even be the last generation in that regard.

You aren't that much younger than me then. ^_^ I still grew up on N64, PS2 and GameCube games though. :D I also used to play a whole bunch of SNES games on an emulator when I was young, that's probably also where my love for RPGs has derived from.

17 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

A significant update for me - three new Platinums, and all them are eligible for April's theme:

• Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion - since this game is also listed for "Spring Baklog Challenge" and "Billy's 'WTHITSDT' Backlog Event", it grants me a Golden Star for "different PSNP event" challenge;
  • Miracle Girls Festival;
  • Monster Jam: Crush It! - this game is also eligible to granting me a Golden Star for "because of this event" challenge.

Please use MGF's Platinum as my April's icon: 1Sbca347.png

I will update my stats after I get Rugby WC 2015's Platinum (I will get it before completing 11.000 trophies because of personal reasons...).

Congrats on your platinum rank, 2 platinum stars and 2 challenge stars, and good luck on your Rugby game. :) 

12 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I finished The Deadly Tower of Monsteres yesterday, so that makes platinum number three. Only one game to complete for the four games challenge. I hope to finish Yu-Gi-Oh! for the other event challenge.

After that I might try to complete the DLC trophies of Table Top Racing for the DLC challenge.

This event is great. I'm finishing more games than ever before in a short time :dance:

Congrats on earning another platinum star. :) 

I'm glad that you're liking the event. I do my best to provide opportunities for both people who'd like to take it easy, as well as those who'd love to speed through challenges. ^_^ 

Second game this month, Day of the Tentacle for both PRD and Billy's retro event.  :D

Enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to, actually. After Grim Fandango, I didn't think any of the old point and clicks would be worth firing up. Game's quite short, took me roughly three hours with a walkthrough. Humor was pretty good, Maniac Mansion can go die in a fire... not a whole lot else to say without spoiling things.

Just to check, since I can't remember if it was mentioned before and I'm not seeing it in the main post - what counts for the challenges? 100%/plat only, or does finishing the story apply? I'm closeish to finishing the main quest line in The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, but the platinum's never going to happen and the name may not count anyway.  :dunno:

Either way, I'll be playing it for the next few days - I want to try and get to level 50 before the 2x exp event ends. Not entirely sure what I'll go for after that...

Edited by SyIaris
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Second game this month, Day of the Tentacle for both PRD and Billy's retro event.  :D

Enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to, actually. After Grim Fandango, I didn't think any of the old point and clicks would be worth firing up. Game's quite short, took me roughly three hours with a walkthrough. Humor was pretty good, Maniac Mansion can go die in a fire... not a whole lot else to say without spoiling things.

Just to check, since I can't remember if it was mentioned before and I'm not seeing it in the main post - what counts for the challenges? 100%/plat only, or does finishing the story apply? I'm closeish to finishing the main quest line in The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, but the platinum's never going to happen and the name may not count anyway.  :dunno:

Either way, I'll be playing it for the next few days - I want to try and get to level 50 before the 2x exp event ends. Not entirely sure what I'll go for after that...

Congrats, that's a platinum star, a golden challenge star and completion of the retro challenge for you. :) 

Anything that rewards a gold or platinum rank counts towards challenges. I think it would be complicated to include silver ranks as well, and challenge ranks would drop a lot in value. Then again, I'm not 100% sure on this because I'm too lazy to google it right now but I think Tamriel Unlimited is the name the game took after the first expansion because I don't remember it being there when I got it shortly after its release on PC. I'm not sure if I'd call that an edition name but I'm leaning towards yes.

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

Platted Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2. It also counts for the Spring Backlog event.

Congrats on you new platinum rank for this month. :D 

• Like 2

Update:

I have managed to get to the part where Ellie meets David, for me its the most tense part of the game. (well playing on grounded mode)

I honestly hate the section with the diner and David as my heart is on overdrive.

Not sure what I will get done tonight as have movie night :P

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NekoSama87 said:

Stupid question: Metal Gear Solid V : Phantom Pain qualifies as hardcore challenge for this month? :)

Yeah, as far as I know The Phantom Pain is a completely different game from whatever the other MGS5 is called, so that would not be an edition name, qualifying it for the hardcore challenge. That's only what a friend told me about the Metal Gear franchise though, didn't look that up on Wikipedia or whatever. :dunno:

Edited by xFalionx

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

Yeah, as far as I know The Phantom Pain is a completely different game from whatever the other MGS5 is called, so that would not be an edition name, qualifying it for the hardcore challenge. That's only what a friend told me about the Metal Gear franchise though, didn't look that up on Wikipedia or whatever. :dunno:

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, a title long enough to count for the hardcore challenge as well :)

Ground Zeroes is a lot smaller than Phantom Pain, Phantom Pain is the full game and Ground Zeroes was kind of the teaser that took place a couple of years earlier, it's a ripoff as a full priced game but the current pricing is okay (and it was on PS+ somewhere before Phantom Pain was released).

Ironically, I liked Ground Zeroes a lot more than Phantom Pain but I won't open that can of worms here.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, a title long enough to count for the hardcore challenge as well :)

Ground Zeroes is a lot smaller than Phantom Pain, Phantom Pain is the full game and Ground Zeroes was kind of the teaser that took place a couple of years earlier, it's a ripoff as a full priced game but the current pricing is okay (and it was on PS+ somewhere before Phantom Pain was released).

Ironically, I liked Ground Zeroes a lot more than Phantom Pain but I won't open that can of worms here.

Thanks for confirming that. ^_^ 

Anyways, I've managed to complete the story of Revelations (love that ending and the parts where you get to play as another assassin :D). I've completed all of the singleplayer trophies by now, and I'm only missing 3 multiplayer trophies. One of those is pretty much unmissable, the other for reaching level 20 is also in reach as I'm already level 9 after playing 2-3 hours of MP. The last one may be the one giving me the most trouble. I'm talking about the trophy for finishing a game of each game mode here which should be difficult as people only seem to play deathmatch and that artifact game mode. I guess I'll have to try my luck at different times of the day...

• Like 2

Congrats on completing revelations! I really need to get back to that series as I still have black flag to do and unity and syndicate are sitting still sealed :o 

I have now completed TLOU for the 3rd time on grounded mode so have the trophy for the plus modes and grounded plus now. 

Only have a few more trophies and then I will have the plat for the PS3 version. 

Probably going to get the plat this week. ^_^ 

• Like 2

On 14 April 2017 at 9:18 AM, xFalionx said:

You aren't that much younger than me then. ^_^ I still grew up on N64, PS2 and GameCube games though. :D I also used to play a whole bunch of SNES games on an emulator when I was young, that's probably also where my love for RPGs has derived from.

Really:D I grew up on the PS2 and GameCube games as well. Bratz (I was very young:facepalm:) Sonic, Alias, Sims and Tomb Raider were the big games for me, what about you?:D I didn't really get into RPGs until I got a PS3 and played Rune Factory Oceans on my old account.

• Like 1

Thanks @MortalRikku, seems like you're almost there with your own plat, too. :D I might need to make use of the rule that allows one trophy to remain before the platinum though, that is unless I find a boosting partner or some activity in the playerbase...

2 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Really:D I grew up on the PS2 and GameCube games as well. Bratz (I was very young:facepalm:) Sonic, Alias, Sims and Tomb Raider were the big games for me, what about you?:D I didn't really get into RPGs until I got a PS3 and played Rune Factory Oceans on my old account.

When I was growing up mainly Ratchet and Clank was my jam. I've had a save where I was somewhere around NG+ 80 in the third R&C game. I only stopped because by that point the enemies were so hard to beat that I literally got stuck on a random pack of enemies I just couldn't beat anymore. Besides that I loved the Banjo games, Zelda, Spyro, Mario Kart, Jak and Daxter, Harvest Moon, Rayman, and many more franchises. I got my first PC when I was 4, so I was always playing some German children's games, and SNES games through an emulator, though usually I'd mostly just play RPGs on that SNES emulator because they just worked very well (I also never managed to beat extremely hard games like the Mega Man games...). What got me into RPGs was Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, then I went on to gems like Terranigma and Lufia 2. I don't think I ever managed to finish one of the RPGs back then, I always got stuck on some riddle I couldn't beat or ended up lost because I didn't understand (or couldn't read) the text yet. I think the first RPG I ever beat was Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time which is also my favorite Mario game of all time. ^_^ The final boss fight was really hard though. I also had a bunch of other random games I've got fond memories of, but those were probably my favorites growing up.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

Small update: I completed Rugby World Cup 2015 last Saturday, granting me another Platinum Star.

Now I should try to complete A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV (eligible for "Hardcore challenge") and Sly 2: Band of Thieves (eligible for "Retro Game challenge") - If I could complete both them, I will have completed all challenges for April's theme!! :o

Updated stats:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +18

100% completed: +12

Completion: +2.38%

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JoaoQuique said:

Small update: I completed Rugby World Cup 2015 last Saturday, granting me another Platinum Star.

Now I should try to complete A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV (eligible for "Hardcore challenge") and Sly 2: Band of Thieves (eligible for "Retro Game challenge") - If I could complete both them, I will have completed all challenges for April's theme!! :o

Updated stats:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +18

100% completed: +12

Completion: +2.38%

Congrats on your platinum star and a challenge star for the 4 games challenge. :D Good luck with the other games.

5 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Just a question. Don't know if this was answered before, but does the elemental (water, fire...) hardcore challenge for next mean that we would have to play 1 game that fulfills all of the elements?

No, the hardcore requirement depends on the theme that is chosen, so if the vote ends up selecting earth as next months element, you'd have to play a game with a partial cave or underground setting to count towards the hardcore challenge, not all 4 of them together. :) 

You know what... this seems fun so think I'll join, even if it's the middle of the month

• Current number of achieved platinum trophies: 15
  • Current number of 100% completed titles without a platinum trophy: 6
  • Current completion percentage: 53.43

Probably gonna do Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 2 (which I'm already working on) for this month

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 4