Monthly Madness (Formerly known as FYLTBE) [OLD THREAD]

13 hours ago, Hemiak said:

OK, end of April stats update. 

Plats - 114

100% - 32 (I hadn't been counting Super Stardust HD because I won't spend 10 dollars on DLC for a game I bought for $.99. I do however have the original base game complete so I believe that counts.)

Completion - 71.8%. This might go up slightly tonight but not enough to really matter. It also might drop if I manage to get a trophy in Xillia 2 (unlikely). I earned my first trophy in Xillia 1 after about 15 hours of play time, which I definitely won't reach tonight. 

Yeah, only the base game counts but I'm allowing both ways since it's a lot easier to just count all of the check marks than to go through every game individually. Anyways, updated your stats.

11 hours ago, Lucas said:

@xFalionx I'm unfortunately going to have to resign from this event. I really liked the idea of the event and I think you're doing a great job running it but it just doesn't really fit my schedule at the moment. I wish everyone who's still participating good luck throughout the rest of the year and have fun :)!

Alright, you're out. Good luck on your future ventures and feel free to check back whenever you feel like joining again.

10 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Okay, stats update. KYC has knocked down my overall completion rate this year so next month will be about fixing that as well so I guess the event worked.

I like the introduction of the hardcore challenge as well. I have a game in mind already which will also qualify for a game I wouldn't have played right now if not for this event. Bonus!

So, event stats:

Platinums: +11

100% games: +2

Completion rate: -1.34%

Time to hit that completion rate next month.  Keep up the good work everyone.1f606.png

Fortunately KYC didn't cause much damage to my completion, but I still have a few titles to get back to myself. Great that you like the hardcore challenge, I feel like it's the best way to keep both the people who like the event how it is and the people who'd like the themes to be stricter happy. :) 

10 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Can't believe we are into April already1f632.png. It doesn't seem like five minutes since it was Christmas1f602.png

No new updates from me, but just wanted to say that the new challenges look pretty interesting and I shall be looking to complete those for sure. 

I have my April games planned out as I'm going to do:

Reveal hidden contents

Tomb Raider: Legend

Tomb Raider: Anniversary

and you guessed it, Tomb Raider: Underworld1f604.png

I'll also see if I can do a forth but I shall have to see1f914.png

I know this is probably a little early but I like to get organised1f602.png, so I've planned at least one game for each element so I'm ready for whichever one wins.

They are:

Reveal hidden contents

Air - Gravity Rush - perfect fit for this element and the only I could see working in my backlog.

Water - Rune Factory Oceans - again another great fit as most of the game is spent in the water looking for the story.

Earth - LEGO Worlds - just the same as Minecraft really only LEGO. Hopefully the Billionaire trophy will become less of a grind before May.

Fire - Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor - this is the one that I could see being a good one for this element plus I really do need to finish this.

Heres to another great month!1f603.png

You're pretty well organised. I've got no clue what I'm gonna play for any of the elements yet. :P The only thing I can think of right now is Xenoverse for air because of the aerial combat mechanics.

Your spoilers don't work, by th eway. ^_^ 

9 hours ago, Enma8910 said:

I'd like to add another game in March, Everybody's gone to the rapture, due to the gorgeous details done in that game. And both plat in March counts towards the plat pyramid event of PSNP.

Sure, congrats on your platinum rank for March along with your two challenge stars. 

45 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I think I made it! Platted Okami HD 'bout 40 minutes ago! There's something wrong with my profile, so you might not see it straight away.

Congrats. :D I'll update you once your profile starts working again.

Edited by xFalionx

Taking into account the may theme, taking a look at my backlog and games I might want to play soon...

Going to be strickter about this one than the previous them, no saying Uncharted counts as fire because it has explosions.

Spoiler

PS4
Disc
    None really eligible

Digital

Psychonauts WATER/FIRE (there's a lake at the camp and a level set there - you can set fire to people)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered WATER (boats, a submarine, lots of swimming)

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered AIR (big scene of Nathan dangling at the end of a train hanging from a cliff)

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered WATER/EARTH (big scene on a ship at open waters - lots of dirt, sand, tombs)

PS4
PS+

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate WATER/FIRE/EARTH (lots of water - lava and fire - caves and dirt to get through)
    Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell FIRE (do I need to explain this one?)    
    Super Meat Boy FIRE (there's a hell world)

Tropico 5 WATER/EARTH (island in the sea and much gameplay with ships/docks - discovering ground and mining for resources)   

PS3 
Disc
    Tomb Raider: Underworld WATER (first 'level' is set under water and on a ship)
Digital
    Assassin's Creed III (DLC) WATER (ship gameplay, it's at least the first mission of the DLC I still need)

Shadow Of The Colossus WATER/EARTH (as far as I know, feel free to correct me on this one, don't know about ICO)

PS3

Free
    Doodle Devil / Doodle God / Doodle Kingdom ALL ELEMENTS (element creation games)
PS+

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood EARTH (it's a western, all of the environment is dirt)
    Call of Juarez: Gunslinger EARTH (it's a western, all of the environment is dirt)
    Chariot EARTH (going through lots of caves)

From Dust ALL ELEMENTS (if I recall correctly, @xFalionx you played it recently...)

Mad Riders EARTH (it's dirt racing)
    Rain WATER (duh)

Conclusion...

Air: 1 (and not sure if it really counts)

Water: 9

Earth: 8

Fire: 4

plus several games (Doodle trilogy and From Dust) with all elements.

Well, I guess I'll vote water then!

• Like 2

Long names topic. Nice.

Assassin's Creed Unity

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Lords of the Fallen

will be my focus this month.

And my vote for May is "air," for No Man's Sky. Dishonored starts out in a cave as part of the prison escape, so that could count for "earth." I have no fire or water game though, so May might turn out to be a slow month for me depending on what gets picked.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 1

@xFalionx Would Kingdom Hearts count for the 6 words or more hardcore requirement due Kingdom Hearts: re Chain of Memories being 6 words. The only reason I am asking is because I am not sure if re would count as a word. 

Edit: Nevermind, Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage definitely counts as 6 words so it doesn't matter if Re Chain of Memories does. 

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

Nice idea with the hardcore theme challenge, that's a smart way to let people go for a more restrictive theme if they feel like it.

I wasn't sure that I even owned any games with 6+ words in the title, but long-winded JRPGs came to the rescue - they're not up there with Kingdom Hearts titles for verbiage, but one of the Atelier or Trails of Cold Steel games might be a good pick this month.  Hmm...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xFalionx said:

You're pretty well organised. I've got no clue what I'm gonna play for any of the elements yet. :P The only thing I can think of right now is Xenoverse for air because of the aerial combat mechanics.

Your spoilers don't work, by th eway. ^_^ 

Thank you^_^ Xenoverse would be a good one for you to play and it would fit the theme quite well:P 

Well poo, the first time I use spoilers as well:facepalm: They seem to be fine on my end but you get the idea of what I was trying to do haha:D

• Like 1

May's theme might be a bit difficult for me. I'm not sure which game fulfills which criteria. I might have to create a list to see what qualifies. 

For this month, I think I'll either go for Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 or Atelier Mereru: The Apprentice of Arland.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Long names topic. Nice.

Assassin's Creed Unity

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Lords of the Fallen

will be my focus this month.

And my vote for May is "air," for No Man's Sky. Dishonored starts out in a cave as part of the prison escape, so that could count for "earth." I have no fire or water game though, so May might turn out to be a slow month for me depending on what gets picked.

You can swim in No Man's Sky and there's water creatures and plants to scan so NMS could easily count for water.

@xFalionx You can give me a silver for April, I completed the story in This War Of Mine: The Little Ones :)

2M1442cd.png

I'll let you decide if it counts for the hardcore requirements. It was released as "This War Of Mine" on PC but the title got lengthened with "The Little Ones" on PS4 and X1. As far as I can tell, The Little Ones was just DLC for the PC version and the PS4/X1 versions are kind of complete editions, it's not a clear-cut case though.

Now here's hoping I can eventually replace it with Witcher III...

20 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Taking into account the may theme, taking a look at my backlog and games I might want to play soon...

Going to be strickter about this one than the previous them, no saying Uncharted counts as fire because it has explosions.

Hide contents

PS4
Disc
    None really eligible

Digital

Psychonauts WATER/FIRE (there's a lake at the camp and a level set there - you can set fire to people)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered WATER (boats, a submarine, lots of swimming)

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered AIR (big scene of Nathan dangling at the end of a train hanging from a cliff)

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Remastered WATER/EARTH (big scene on a ship at open waters - lots of dirt, sand, tombs)

PS4
PS+

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate WATER/FIRE/EARTH (lots of water - lava and fire - caves and dirt to get through)
    Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell FIRE (do I need to explain this one?)    
    Super Meat Boy FIRE (there's a hell world)

Tropico 5 WATER/EARTH (island in the sea and much gameplay with ships/docks - discovering ground and mining for resources)   

PS3 
Disc
    Tomb Raider: Underworld WATER (first 'level' is set under water and on a ship)
Digital
    Assassin's Creed III (DLC) WATER (ship gameplay, it's at least the first mission of the DLC I still need)

Shadow Of The Colossus WATER/EARTH (as far as I know, feel free to correct me on this one, don't know about ICO)

PS3

Free
    Doodle Devil / Doodle God / Doodle Kingdom ALL ELEMENTS (element creation games)
PS+

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood EARTH (it's a western, all of the environment is dirt)
    Call of Juarez: Gunslinger EARTH (it's a western, all of the environment is dirt)
    Chariot EARTH (going through lots of caves)

From Dust ALL ELEMENTS (if I recall correctly, @xFalionx you played it recently...)

Mad Riders EARTH (it's dirt racing)
    Rain WATER (duh)

Conclusion...

Air: 1 (and not sure if it really counts)

Water: 9

Earth: 8

Fire: 4

plus several games (Doodle trilogy and From Dust) with all elements.

Well, I guess I'll vote water then!

Yeah, stuff like muzzle flames or explosions wouldn't count for this one. I'd count something like Far Cry 3 because of the flame thrower and that scene where you have to burn down a weed plantation. I'd also count it if for example part of a game was set in the burning ruins of a town or something like that, as long as it's really a lot of buildings burning and not just a single one.

I don't see a problem with any of these besides From Dust, which actually has no air interaction. Lots of water though, also great erosion mechanics. ^_^

19 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

@xFalionx Would Kingdom Hearts count for the 6 words or more hardcore requirement due Kingdom Hearts: re Chain of Memories being 6 words. The only reason I am asking is because I am not sure if re would count as a word. 

Edit: Nevermind, Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage definitely counts as 6 words so it doesn't matter if Re Chain of Memories does. 

I think the "re" marks the remake as far as I know, so in that case it wouldn't count as 6 words. But that second title counts for sure. :D 

18 hours ago, Fitzquaid said:

Nice idea with the hardcore theme challenge, that's a smart way to let people go for a more restrictive theme if they feel like it.

I wasn't sure that I even owned any games with 6+ words in the title, but long-winded JRPGs came to the rescue - they're not up there with Kingdom Hearts titles for verbiage, but one of the Atelier or Trails of Cold Steel games might be a good pick this month.  Hmm...

14 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

May's theme might be a bit difficult for me. I'm not sure which game fulfills which criteria. I might have to create a list to see what qualifies. 

For this month, I think I'll either go for Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 or Atelier Mereru: The Apprentice of Arland.

If you both play Atelier games, I could start up Atelier Ayesha again. Then we'd be Atelier buddies. :D 

That game also has one of the best battle themes I've ever heard, so that would be another reason for me. I mean that's just the normal random battle theme, talk about a game that makes you want to grind for hours on end. ^_^

Spoiler

Also, @Edunstar84, since your profile is working again, congrats on your late platinum rank in March. :) 

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

@xFalionx You can give me a silver for April, I completed the story in This War Of Mine: The Little Ones :)

2M1442cd.png

I'll let you decide if it counts for the hardcore requirements. It was released as "This War Of Mine" on PC but the title got lengthened with "The Little Ones" on PS4 and X1. As far as I can tell, The Little Ones was just DLC for the PC version and the PS4/X1 versions are kind of complete editions, it's not a clear-cut case though.

Now here's hoping I can eventually replace it with Witcher III...

Congrats on your silver rank, it won't count for the challenge though, as it's basically an edition with added DLC and maybe a few tweaks here and there like Persona 4 Golden for example, which I also wouldn't count.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Just so you know, the Re: in Chain of Memories means Reply.

Yeah, I know it means Reply, but as far as I know it's a word put in to mark the game as a remake so people could tell it apart from the original game.

17 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Yeah, I know it means Reply, but as far as I know it's a word put in to mark the game as a remake so people could tell it apart from the original game.

True.

I feel a bit silly now.

A little update after March has finished:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +10

100% completed: +5

Completion: +1.72%

Edited by Psy-Tychist
  • Like 1

@xFalionx I guess me completing all the LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens DLC back in February doesn't count for the DLC challenge? I did post about it here though and it was fitting for that month... :)

I'm sad that Full Throttle Remastered doesn't count for this month, it's likely my only platinum of the month.

I did a lot of stuff in March but don't expect me to be as pro-active every month, I happened to have had a fair number of short games.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2017 at 7:05 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

A little update after March has finished:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +10

100% completed: +5

Completion: +1.72%

Don't feel silly, what you said was true after all. ^_^ Anyways, updated your stats.

11 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

@xFalionx I guess me completing all the LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens DLC back in February doesn't count for the DLC challenge? I did post about it here though and it was fitting for that month... :)

I'm sad that Full Throttle Remastered doesn't count for this month, it's likely my only platinum of the month.

I did a lot of stuff in March but don't expect me to be as pro-active every month, I happened to have had a fair number of short games.

Sorry, but this won't count. It would mean a whole bunch of additional work for me if I allowed retroactive completion of challenges. If I just made an exception for your case, that wouldn't be all that fair for the others.

Yeah, you don't need to be very active for this event. At the start there weren't even stars to get because I thought that nobody would want to complete more than 1 game per month. :D You could say that the basic goal for every month of this event is to get a higher rank than bronze, the challenges and stars are just to show off your themed gaming power level. :) 

• Like 1

So, I platted Xblaze Code: Embryo. Rest of the month can now be working on finishing a variety of games to fix my completion rate after KYC. Have a couple of other new starts on my radar to raise my rank on the 2 PPs that I took control of.

I also have Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink ready to start for the hardcore challenge and the wouldn't have otherwise played yet challenge.

On another note, all I have left is route trophies for TorqueL so I may actually get that done 100%.

• Like 1

On 02/04/2017 at 11:54 AM, xFalionx said:

If you both play Atelier games, I could start up Atelier Ayesha again. Then we'd be Atelier buddies. :D 

That game also has one of the best battle themes I've ever heard, so that would be another reason for me. I mean that's just the normal random battle theme, talk about a game that makes you want to grind for hours on end. ^_^

I'd be on board for Atelier April (and yeah, Ayesha's soundtrack is top class) but it turns out that my overpriced Vita memory card seems to be on its last legs. 

Luckily I have pretty much everything backed up with PS+, but I don't know where I left my old 16 gig card, so I'm a bit stuck at the moment.  Hoping I'll be able to track it down at the weekend.

• Like 1

This is the 2nd month in a row where the worst (for me) option was chosen. I literally have nothing that fits the criteria I want to work on right now, or that I could actually finish in time.

#FeelsBadMan

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kevvik said:

So, I platted Xblaze Code: Embryo. Rest of the month can now be working on finishing a variety of games to fix my completion rate after KYC. Have a couple of other new starts on my radar to raise my rank on the 2 PPs that I took control of.

I also have Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink ready to start for the hardcore challenge and the wouldn't have otherwise played yet challenge.

On another note, all I have left is route trophies for TorqueL so I may actually get that done 100%.

Congrats on your platinum rank in April. Good luck on your plans for the rest of month. :) 

3 hours ago, Fitzquaid said:

I'd be on board for Atelier April (and yeah, Ayesha's soundtrack is top class) but it turns out that my overpriced Vita memory card seems to be on its last legs. 

Luckily I have pretty much everything backed up with PS+, but I don't know where I left my old 16 gig card, so I'm a bit stuck at the moment.  Hoping I'll be able to track it down at the weekend.

Man, I wouldn't know what to do if my 8gig card were to give up on me. Good luck finding your other card. 

3 hours ago, Hemiak said:

This is the 2nd month in a row where the worst (for me) option was chosen. I literally have nothing that fits the criteria I want to work on right now, or that I could actually finish in time.

#FeelsBadMan

Well, that's bad luck. But do you really have no options for a 3-word game? If you have plus, there's an Invizimals game in the lot which would count towards this months theme. I even wanted to try it to see if it's really as bad as it looks, especially after I've seen like 50 copies of a Vita game of the franchise in a store which apparently didn't sell very well. ^_^ 

Anyways, that could be an option for you if you have plus since it's relatively short and pretty easy as far as I know.

28 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Well, that's bad luck. But do you really have no options for a 3-word game? If you have plus, there's an Invizimals game in the lot which would count towards this months theme. 

I have a few games but I'd really rather not start a new one. Almost all the ones from KYC were one or two words except Xillia 2, and there's no way I can clear an 80 hour game in one month. I have a ton of one and two word games, and even a few without e's. 

I was thinking maybe about playing TLOU, but I'm really early in the game and have barely started on the mp so that would take a long time as well. 

I have absolutely no desire to play that invizimals. I'll probably save it for when my kids are bugging for a new game and I don't want to buy one. :D

In any case I'll make it work. I don't mean to be a downer. The main issue is I'd like to combine this with Billy's event of games over 1 year and that one just keeps getting put off again and again. :(

• Like 1

On 3-4-2017 at 7:30 PM, xFalionx said:

Sorry, but this won't count. It would mean a whole bunch of additional work for me if I allowed retroactive completion of challenges. If I just made an exception for your case, that wouldn't be all that fair for the others.

Yeah, you don't need to be very active for this event. At the start there weren't even stars to get because I thought that nobody would want to complete more than 1 game per month. :D You could say that the basic goal for every month of this event is to get a higher rank than bronze, the challenges and stars are just to show off your themed gaming power level. :) 

Oh, I wasn't asking for an exception in my case, I was asking for a general rule for everyone B)

Anyway the Assassin's Creed Syndicate DLC is on sale now and since I'm going about completing AC games these days, I'm thinking about buying it now and I just realised I could use it for this month's theme and the challenge as well. I also have one DLC for Assassin's Creed III left.

By the way, would Mario Kart 8 Deluxe be acceptable for the hardcore requirements for May? I probably won't have any problem finding a PlayStation game for any hardcore element requirement except air, just asking B)

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

AIR courses: Sunshine Airport, Cloudtop Cruise, Rainbow Road x3

WATER courses: Water Park, Toad Harbor, Dolphin Shoals, Mount Wario*, Sherbert Land*, Cheep Cheep Beach, Ice Ice Outpost*, Big Blue

FIRE courses: Bowser's Castle, Grumble Volcano

EARTH courses: Bone-Dry Dunes, Shy Guy Falls, Dry Dry Desert, Wario Stadium, Yoshi Valley, Wario's Gold Mine

* mostly frozen water, but still

• Like 1

On 4/5/2017 at 2:38 PM, BillyHorrible said:

Oh, I wasn't asking for an exception in my case, I was asking for a general rule for everyone B)

Anyway the Assassin's Creed Syndicate DLC is on sale now and since I'm going about completing AC games these days, I'm thinking about buying it now and I just realised I could use it for this month's theme and the challenge as well. I also have one DLC for Assassin's Creed III left.

By the way, would Mario Kart 8 Deluxe be acceptable for the hardcore requirements for May? I probably won't have any problem finding a PlayStation game for any hardcore element requirement except air, just asking B)

Yeah, a general rule like that would probably backfire when some new stuff gets introduced at the start of month 10 or something like that though. :P 

It depends on the courses. I'm not sure about the Mario Kart 8 (Deluxe) maps since I've only seen a handful, but if some of them are underwater, underground, in the sky (rainbow road?), or set in hell, that would count as a partial setting for the game. 

Just now, xFalionx said:

It depends on the courses. I'm not sure about the Mario Kart 8 (Deluxe) maps since I've only seen a handful, but if some of them are underwater, underground, in the sky (rainbow road?), or set in hell, that would count as a partial setting for the game. 

A bit more elaborate then (I haven't played the game myself, going by the kart wiki):

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

AIR courses:

Sunshine Airport: set on an airport

Cloudtop Cruise: high in the sky

Rainbow Road x3: very high in the sky/space

WATER courses:

Water Park: water slides on the track

Toad Harbor: set in a harbour

Dolphin Shoals: water on the track

Mount Wario*: snow, frozen waterfall, water underneath

Sherbert Land*: ice, go over the edge and you're in water

Cheep Cheep Beach: on a beach, possible to ride through water