Monthly Madness (Formerly known as FYLTBE) [OLD THREAD]

Earned the Plat for The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 a couple days ago. I wouldn't consider it artistic but it's enough for me to use one of my skips finally. I'll post stats at the end of the month since everything's fluctuating from KYC. 

• Like 1

On 21/03/2017 at 2:21 PM, BillyHorrible said:

If I may give some advice on The Swapper: don't use a full walkthrough. The trophies are all related to secret areas you can find (and won't find without a guide, most likely) so the best thing to do is to get a text only, trophy only guide and just read which room you need to be in before reading all of the next trophy pointer.

Great game, very artistic, very cool (and please finish the story even if it doesn't matter for the trophies).

Have finished The Swapper 100% as well.

I did as you mentioned (although I did need to use some walk-through vids for some puzzles) and finished the game all the way through.

Now @BillyHorrible, did you stay or did you go?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I did as you mentioned (although I did need to use some walk-through vids for some puzzles) and finished the game all the way through.

Now @BillyHorrible, did you stay or did you go?

Spoiler

With all the game did before and suddenly slowing down time to make a choice, my instinct was swapping. I checked the other ending on youtube afterwards since I hadn't saved before making the choice. I prefer the swap ending.

• Like 1

I must say I had finished Child of Light - I hope I do not need to talk why Child of Light should be considered artistic... :P (I'm not good to describing things even in my mothern language... :facepalm:).

It grants me a Golden Star in both March's Theme and "Complete a game because of the event (...)" Challenge. And probably I will not submit any game in March's Theme (I already have some games planned for April - one of them is even eligible for both current "winners"... - but in remaining time of this month I will work on submitted games in "A Casual Attack").

I will wait until end of this month to post my updated status.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2017 at 2:45 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

I will Wheels of Aurelia onto my list a little later this month.

Also, I completed Actual Sunlight for an extra game this month. Hopefully will have 4 this month too, maybe one from KYC will make it on here too (The Swapper)...

Sorry, I overlooked you there. ^_^ Anyway, congrats on your golden star for Actual Sunlight.

22 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Nothing I already have in my backlog and actually wanted to play, though. Only thing I can think of is the percentage counters on the Donkey Kong Countries but no way I'm ever 101%ing those, and getting all exits in Super Mario World (which has an exit counter near the save file) but I stopped last time I played because of one exit which is now impossible for me to get thanks to lesser reflexes.

Hehe, yeah calling those games hard would be an understatement. I have a friend who loves the DKC games.

18 hours ago, blxckenigma said:

Completed Severed a few days ago ^_^ Haven't been playing much nowadays, been busy with school and work, as well as not settling it yet from my japan trip :( 

Congrats on yet another platinum star. :) 

15 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Earned the Plat for The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 a couple days ago. I wouldn't consider it artistic but it's enough for me to use one of my skips finally. I'll post stats at the end of the month since everything's fluctuating from KYC. 

Then that's a platinum rank for you, post your stats whenever you feel like it.

13 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

What happens if the theme options are tied when the topic is to be picked?

If the options are tied I'll pick the one that got to that spot first, but since @BillyHorrible and @RizzleAbbey12 switched their votes, there's still a 4-vote difference between the two.

12 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Congrats on your new golden star for the month along with a golden star for the challenge concerning another event.

32 minutes ago, JoaoQuique said:

I must say I had finished Child of Light - I hope I do not need to talk why Child of Light should be considered artistic... :P (I'm not good to describing things even in my mothern language... :facepalm:).

It grants me a Golden Star in both March's Theme and "Complete a game because of the event (...)" Challenge. And probably I will not submit any game in March's Theme (I already have some games planned for April - one of them is even eligible for both current "winners"... - but in remaining time of this month I will work on submitted games in "A Casual Attack").

I will wait until end of this month to post my updated status.

Yep, that's a golden star for March as well as a challenge star. Congrats on that. ^_^ 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JoaoQuique said:

That one's easy - the dialogue of Child Of Light is done entirely in rhyme. BOOM, artistic! Don't even have to talk about what makes the rest of the game artistic (like the story itself, or the fact that the graphics are actually literally watercolor art).

Just now, xFalionx said:

Hehe, yeah calling those games hard would be an understatement. I have a friend who loves the DKC games.

Don't underestimate how much I love the Donkey Kong games. I've never 101%ed one, though, but I also never fully completed a Zelda game.

Just now, xFalionx said:

If the options are tied I'll pick the one that got to that spot first, but since @BillyHorrible and @RizzleAbbey12 switched their votes, there's still a 4-vote difference between the two.

Yeah I was about to comment on that but then I figured I'd still like to know what you would do in case it ties anyway :)

• Like 1

@xFalionx Well, I played through Ultratron yesterday, could that be considered artistic? :)

It's a retro take on the dual stick shooter, I think the easiest (or at least most unique) way that it could be called artistic is that there's a bunch of visual effects in the game (for instance, stroboscopic) that enhance the experience but make the game a bit harder because it's less clear what's happening, these effects can be turned off in the menu if they annoy you but the bottom line is that they made some extra effort to add effects not necessary for the game. That's clearly for the love of their product.

So that means: extra gold star in March, extra gold star for "different event".

Also, that means I now have four games completed this month with actual trophies.

Current stats: 50,92% (+0,24%)

+3 100% games during event (we keep forgetting this, it's still on 1 from Kitten Squad): Kitten Squad, Hue, Ultratron.

• Like 1

I finished and platted Tearaway Unfolded this afternoon!:shakefist:

I really love games like these as they make a lovely change from all of the mature games that I have in my catalog of games and it was even better than the Vita version as they added little extras into it. I also loved how you had to use every aspect of the PS4 controller and I think that there should be more games that encourage you to use all the features of the controller. I'd say this game is definitely artistic, so thank you Sony for making it free this month!:yay: It's like you saw this theme for this month and put it on Plus for that!

Stat Changes:

Platinums - 57 (+1)

100% - No Change

Completion Percentage - 76.75%

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SPOILERS!

There not spoilers as they don't show any of the story/text in the game. There just some generic screenshots I took in game. You can find images like these on Google.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

There not spoilers as they don't show any of the story/text in the game. There just some generic screenshots I took in game. You can find images like these on Google.

... Which is why I never google for images on games I have still to play, and I don't go into threads talking in depth about specific games - figured I would be safe in an event forum. I'm halfway through the story and a bunch of your pics looked really unfamiliar to me, I guess you've realised the spoiler items too though since there's at least one image you've deleted.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

... Which is why I never google for images on games I have still to play, and I don't go into threads talking in depth about specific games - figured I would be safe in an event forum. I'm halfway through the story and a bunch of your pics looked really unfamiliar to me, I guess you've realised the spoiler items too though since there's at least one image you've deleted.

The images I posted were just some random pretty screenshots from a couple of levels that bare no relevance to the story and only showing my character plus I wasn't talking about anything specific about it as everyone knows it's based on paper and you use the controller a lot. None of the pictures show any story at all, but look if it's that much of an issue then I'll delete them all.

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 1

Honestly, I just feel it's common courtesy to post screencaps and large images behind spoiler tags whether they are spoilers or not, kind of like how people put long lists and such behind spoiler tags as well.  It's just polite to try and keep posts short so the topic remains easy to navigate.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

The images I posted were just some random pretty screenshots from a couple of levels that bare no relevance to the story and only showing my character plus I wasn't talking about anything specific about it as everyone knows it's based on paper and you use the controller a lot. None of the pictures show any story at all, but look if it's that much of an issue then I'll delete them all.

There's more types of spoiler than story spoilers...

Deleting them is not my point. Just put them in a spoiler block, then people can decide for themselves if they want to see or not. I didn't want to see them because I'm working on the game myself and I want to discover it on my own but some others will have less of a problem with it (especially the ones who've completed the game themselves already).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Honestly, I just feel it's common courtesy to post screencaps and large images behind spoiler tags whether they are spoilers or not, kind of like how people put long lists and such behind spoiler tags as well.  It's just polite to try and keep posts short so the topic remains easy to navigate.

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

There's more types of spoiler than story spoilers...

Deleting them is not my point. Just put them in a spoiler block, then people can decide for themselves if they want to see or not. I didn't want to see them because I'm working on the game myself and I want to discover it on my own but some others will have less of a problem with it (especially the ones who've completed the game themselves already).

Well then I apologise for any upset they created as I don't want to spoil the game for anyone and I didn't realise that they could be spoilers (I thought there could only be story spoilers:S) and you both make fair points. I've noted this for future reference as I can't put a spoiler tab in when editing:)

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 2

Sorry for making you wait so long people, but my family was pretty hard on me the last few days. It still isn't really over but I can't leave you hanging forever now, can I?

Since there's less than a week left to finish up your artistic games, here's a little reminder to those who are still stuck with a bronze rank: @DrumKing294@Edunstar84@Kent10201@Lucas@MortalRikku@Pixel-DRAGON-@SyIaris.

The voting will end in less than 3 days, so here's a counter for you to check to avoid confusion. If you want to see something else besides the "3 words or more" theme to win, now's you last chance.

On 3/24/2017 at 10:42 AM, BillyHorrible said:

@xFalionx Well, I played through Ultratron yesterday, could that be considered artistic? :)

It's a retro take on the dual stick shooter, I think the easiest (or at least most unique) way that it could be called artistic is that there's a bunch of visual effects in the game (for instance, stroboscopic) that enhance the experience but make the game a bit harder because it's less clear what's happening, these effects can be turned off in the menu if they annoy you but the bottom line is that they made some extra effort to add effects not necessary for the game. That's clearly for the love of their product.

So that means: extra gold star in March, extra gold star for "different event".

Also, that means I now have four games completed this month with actual trophies.

Current stats: 50,92% (+0,24%)

+3 100% games during event (we keep forgetting this, it's still on 1 from Kitten Squad): Kitten Squad, Hue, Ultratron.

I'd say the artstyle alone is unique enough to count as artistic (especially the color choices), so the effects just undermine that.

Congrats on your new golden star and challenge star.

Yeah, I don't update that unless you tell me to since it also counts games that are not related to the event. 

17 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I finished and platted Tearaway Unfolded this afternoon!:shakefist:

I really love games like these as they make a lovely change from all of the mature games that I have in my catalog of games and it was even better than the Vita version as they added little extras into it. I also loved how you had to use every aspect of the PS4 controller and I think that there should be more games that encourage you to use all the features of the controller. I'd say this game is definitely artistic, so thank you Sony for making it free this month!:yay: It's like you saw this theme for this month and put it on Plus for that!

Stat Changes:

Platinums - 57 (+1)

100% - No Change

Completion Percentage - 76.75%

Congratulations, that's a platinum rank for you. 

Yeah, I love how there's 2 incredibly artistic games in plus this month. Who knows, maybe we have some high ranked Sony animal among us. :D

Also, while I didn't feel bad about the images, it's probably better to keep them in spoilers like the others said. Even if they're not spoilers, the thread is a lot easier to navigate without walls of images. ^_^ 

------

I've finished From Dust now which is another artistic game, so that's a golden star and a star towards the challenge concerning other events for me.

The artistic part is that it's about a tribe calling out to the elements using music, to conjure up the breath of the world which you control to alter the environment to help their survival. I think the ending is also artistic but I won't ruin the fun for anyone who'd still want to play that game by elaborating on that.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Yeah, I love how there's 2 incredibly artistic games in plus this month. Who knows, maybe we have some high ranked Sony animal among us. :D

Also, while I didn't feel bad about the images, it's probably better to keep them in spoilers like the others said. Even if they're not spoilers, the thread is a lot easier to navigate without walls of images. ^_^ 

Thank you!:P There must be as its too much of a coincidence haha:ninja::D

Yeah I'm sorry about that. I would never want to spoil a game for anyone and I understand about it needs to be easy to navigate as it is a backlog event and should be easy to read^_^

• Like 1

On March 22, 2017 at 4:36 AM, BillyHorrible said:

So I've got the rest of the year to think about how the hell I'm going to 100% a game made before 2006...

The Full Throttle remaster is supposed to be coming out soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Well then I apologise for any upset they created as I don't want to spoil the game for anyone and I didn't realise that they could be spoilers (I thought there could only be story spoilers:S) and you both make fair points. I've noted this for future reference as I can't put a spoiler tab in when editing:)

Well

Spoiler

That big head leave thingie was a big surprise for me.

No matter, in the end I'm not hugely interested in the game, now you know to spoiler them and it'll be fine :)

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

Sorry for making you wait so long people, but my family was pretty hard on me the last few days. It still isn't really over but I can't leave you hanging forever now, can I?

Since there's less than a week left to finish up your artistic games, here's a little reminder to those who are still stuck with a bronze rank: @DrumKing294@Edunstar84@Kent10201@Lucas@MortalRikku@Pixel-DRAGON-@SyIaris.

The voting will end in less than 3 days, so here's a counter for you to check to avoid confusion. If you want to see something else besides the "3 words or more" theme to win, now's you last chance.

I'd say the artstyle alone is unique enough to count as artistic (especially the color choices), so the effects just undermine that.

Congrats on your new golden star and challenge star.

Yeah, I don't update that unless you tell me to since it also counts games that are not related to the event. 

------

I've finished From Dust now which is another artistic game, so that's a golden star and a star towards the challenge concerning other events for me.

The artistic part is that it's about a tribe calling out to the elements using music, to conjure up the breath of the world which you control to alter the environment to help their survival. I think the ending is also artistic but I won't ruin the fun for anyone who'd still want to play that game by elaborating on that.

Nit subquoting you because I'm on my phone and can't get rid of the @s.

I think you mean underline and not undermine :)

5 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

The Full Throttle remaster is supposed to be coming out soon.

Damn, yes! I'm actually thinking about pre-ordering that one. Don't know about using it for the April theme though... And I don't know if I'll get the platinum but somewhere after April.

• Like 2

Time for my monthly update! I have Far Cry Primal ready to plat for one of the many events I will be competeing in the next couple of months. The game takes place in a prehistoric setting (which is pretty artistic) and you play as the Wenja trying to take over the land of Oros for your own. I thought the character designs as well as the different areas were very artistic and unlike any I'd seen in a game before. All in all it was an enjoyable experience, at least until I had to grind for six hours to get all of the skill points. 

I would have have also liked to have Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time ready to plat this month but my save got corrupted, so I have to start over :facepalm:. Unfortunately, my completion went down a lot this month because I've started a lot of new games. Hopefully April will be a better month for me!

Platinums: 27

100% Completed: 5

Completion: -0.4%

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

@BillyHorrible, I can't even remember what that was now haha but thanks for telling me anyway^_^ By the way, what was INSIDE like? I've played a little of Limbo and liked it so I just wondered what INSIDE is like. Are the trophies tricky to do?

INSIDE is awesome, playing through the latter half right now. Much longer than I expected it to be. I think it's much, much better than LIMBO, and I liked LIMBO enough to buy it a second time.

Trophies seem to be the same as LIMBO, find secrets, so shouldn't be tough to 100%. Going through the game without walkthroigh at first so you can see by the trophies I'm unlocking how many secrets I'm missing during my first playthrough :)

Thought we were going pretty good (brother in law is looking with me), but apparently we're not nearly catching on to everything.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

INSIDE is awesome, playing through the latter half right now. Much longer than I expected it to be. I think it's much, much better than LIMBO, and I liked LIMBO enough to buy it a second time.

Trophies seem to be the same as LIMBO, find secrets, so shouldn't be tough to 100%. Going through the game without walkthroigh at first so you can see by the trophies I'm unlocking how many secrets I'm missing during my first playthrough :)

Thought we were going pretty good (brother in law is looking with me), but apparently we're not nearly catching on to everything.

Thank you^_^ I'm going to look into getting this and I may revisit LIMBO as I got it free from PS Plus. The trophies always seemed to be a little daunting to me as there's one were you can only die five times or something like that and I struggled to get past it sometimes. 

I think that's the best way to play a game as you find that everything you discover is much more of a surprise if you get what I mean.:)

Oh by the way, I forgot to mention I went to see the LEGO Batman Movie a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome :Dand now I really understand everything you said about the relationship between Batman and the Joker

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 2