Monthly Madness (Formerly known as FYLTBE) [OLD THREAD]

4 minutes ago, Zanreo said:

You know what... this seems fun so think I'll join, even if it's the middle of the month

• Current number of achieved platinum trophies: 15
  • Current number of 100% completed titles without a platinum trophy: 6
  • Current completion percentage: 53.43

Probably gonna do Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 2 (which I'm already working on) for this month

I'm working on that, too. Just defeated the twins and going to the World Maze for another boss fight. Just only now created the weaken enemies plan.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zanreo said:

You know what... this seems fun so think I'll join, even if it's the middle of the month

• Current number of achieved platinum trophies: 15
  • Current number of 100% completed titles without a platinum trophy: 6
  • Current completion percentage: 53.43

Probably gonna do Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 2 (which I'm already working on) for this month

Welcome aboard and congrats on being the first to push me off bottom of the participants list. :D 

Also, good luck to you and @Edunstar84, I heard there's some awful grinding involved to plat the Neptunia games.

8 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Thanks for confirming that. ^_^ 

Anyways, I've managed to complete the story of Revelations (love that ending and the parts where you get to play as another assassin :D). I've completed all of the singleplayer trophies by now, and I'm only missing 3 multiplayer trophies. One of those is pretty much unmissable, the other for reaching level 20 is also in reach as I'm already level 9 after playing 2-3 hours of MP. The last one may be the one giving me the most trouble. I'm talking about the trophy for finishing a game of each game mode here which should be difficult as people only seem to play deathmatch and that artifact game mode. I guess I'll have to try my luck at different times of the day...

The first levels are gained really quick. It takes much longer for the later levels. At least when it is like in Brotherhood.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Welcome aboard and congrats on being the first to push me off bottom of the participants list. :D 

Also, good luck to you and @Edunstar84, I heard there's some awful grinding involved to plat the Neptunia games.

Yeah, the biggest grind is the "100 million credits" trophies which always takes a lot of time (luckily, when you're halfway there, you can just keep buying and reselling stuff to get the rest)

• Like 1

On 4/15/2017 at 1:18 AM, xFalionx said:

Anything that rewards a gold or platinum rank counts towards challenges. I think it would be complicated to include silver ranks as well, and challenge ranks would drop a lot in value. Then again, I'm not 100% sure on this because I'm too lazy to google it right now but I think Tamriel Unlimited is the name the game took after the first expansion because I don't remember it being there when I got it shortly after its release on PC. I'm not sure if I'd call that an edition name but I'm leaning towards yes.

Completely understandable, I just couldn't remember seeing anything about it.  :)

No worries, it's a moot point anyway - ESO's platinum is absolutely ridiculous. Thanks for the reply!

I'm thinking I'll fire up Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues. That wordy thing's been in my backlog for years.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, xFalionx said:

When I was growing up mainly Ratchet and Clank was my jam. I've had a save where I was somewhere around NG+ 80 in the third R&C game. I only stopped because by that point the enemies were so hard to beat that I literally got stuck on a random pack of enemies I just couldn't beat anymore. Besides that I loved the Banjo games, Zelda, Spyro, Mario Kart, Jak and Daxter, Harvest Moon, Rayman, and many more franchises. I got my first PC when I was 4, so I was always playing some German children's games, and SNES games through an emulator, though usually I'd mostly just play RPGs on that SNES emulator because they just worked very well (I also never managed to beat extremely hard games like the Mega Man games...). What got me into RPGs was Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, then I went on to gems like Terranigma and Lufia 2. I don't think I ever managed to finish one of the RPGs back then, I always got stuck on some riddle I couldn't beat or ended up lost because I didn't understand (or couldn't read) the text yet. I think the first RPG I ever beat was Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time which is also my favorite Mario game of all time. ^_^ The final boss fight was really hard though. I also had a bunch of other random games I've got fond memories of, but those were probably my favorites growing up.

I love all of those games apart from Banjo and Rayman as I just couldn't get into them and I'm not sure why. The hours I used to spend on Harvest Moon. It's was quite scary when I played it as I would get quite addicted to it and just play it all day:D Spyro was the same as well as I could never get past certain bosses in that either. I love how they are tricky when we are younger and then when you go back to them when your older, you can do the tricky parts straight away. I always feel really happy when that happens.

Update:

I platinumed Tomb Raider: Anniversary about half an hour ago. Love these games so much and I'm going to dive straight into Tomb Raider: Underworld tomorrow.

Stat Changes:

Platinum - 61 (+1)

100% - No Changes

Completion Percentage - 78.10%

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 3

I actually managed to get my AC: Revelations plat yesterday. I was really afraid because I still needed to play all game modes besides the 2 popular ones but I managed to find a group of newcomers in the ocean of level 50 prestige XX people, and those would always vote for other game modes at the end of each match because they were probably also going for that trophy. I managed to get the trophy when I was around level 16 which was a lot earlier than expected but then again, if I wouldn't have met those I'd still be sitting on my 2-4 game modes.

Anyways, I'm glad they made the MP trophies rather easy this time around. I'm also surprised how lively the servers of an actual single player game from 2011 are to this day. There's probably at least 12 people online at any given time, and there were times when there were a lot more than that.

Now that I'm done with Revelations, I've started ACIII to finish my AC spree for now. Then I'm off to Kingdom Hearts as that should probably qualify for both water and earth themes as there is the little mermaid level that's underwater (if I'm remembering that wrong and it's in KH2, there's always the level inside the giant whale from Pinocchio), and I'm pretty sure there was a cave level somewhere in there as well.  

16 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

The first levels are gained really quick. It takes much longer for the later levels. At least when it is like in Brotherhood.

Yeah, I noticed that. It still isn't that bad though, as the last ten levels or so all require 10000 points, and I can get around 6000 points in a good match. The biggest challenge is the matchmaking though. Once I was paired with an afk dude and playing against three level 50 people, one of those actually prestige 99, I kid you not. To say the least, that wasn't a pretty match.

14 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I love all of those games apart from Banjo and Rayman as I just couldn't get into them and I'm not sure why. The hours I used to spend on Harvest Moon. It's was quite scary when I played it as I would get quite addicted to it and just play it all day:D Spyro was the same as well as I could never get past certain bosses in that either. I love how they are tricky when we are younger and then when you go back to them when your older, you can do the tricky parts straight away. I always feel really happy when that happens.

Update:

I platinumed Tomb Raider: Anniversary about half an hour ago. Love these games so much and I'm going to dive straight into Tomb Raider: Underworld tomorrow.

Stat Changes:

Platinum - 61 (+1)

100% - No Changes

Completion Percentage - 78.10%

The Banjo games were hard, I'm still having a lot of trouble whenever I want to replay Banjo Tooie. :D But yeah, I really spent an unhealthy amount of time on an unhealthy amount of HM games. I'm pretty sure I've played each and every HM game from the SNES up to the Wii except for the Gamecube one. ^_^ I also forgot Pokemon in my earlier post, can't count the time I spent on Ruby while that smug friend who played emerald always beat me because he had both Kyogre and Groudon... 

Congrats on your new platinum star. :) 

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

On 17-4-2017 at 10:39 AM, MortalRikku said:

Congrats on completing revelations! I really need to get back to that series as I still have black flag to do and unity and syndicate are sitting still sealed :o

Black Flag is actually one of the most fun AC games (though less of an AC game and more of a Pirates Of The Caribbean game), and both it and Unity/Syndicate are among the easiest platinumable AC games, what are you waiting for!

23 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Really:D I grew up on the PS2 and GameCube games as well. Bratz (I was very young:facepalm:) Sonic, Alias, Sims and Tomb Raider were the big games for me, what about you?:D I didn't really get into RPGs until I got a PS3 and played Rune Factory Oceans on my old account.

20 hours ago, xFalionx said:

When I was growing up mainly Ratchet and Clank was my jam. I've had a save where I was somewhere around NG+ 80 in the third R&C game. I only stopped because by that point the enemies were so hard to beat that I literally got stuck on a random pack of enemies I just couldn't beat anymore. Besides that I loved the Banjo games, Zelda, Spyro, Mario Kart, Jak and Daxter, Harvest Moon, Rayman, and many more franchises. I got my first PC when I was 4, so I was always playing some German children's games, and SNES games through an emulator, though usually I'd mostly just play RPGs on that SNES emulator because they just worked very well (I also never managed to beat extremely hard games like the Mega Man games...). What got me into RPGs was Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, then I went on to gems like Terranigma and Lufia 2. I don't think I ever managed to finish one of the RPGs back then, I always got stuck on some riddle I couldn't beat or ended up lost because I didn't understand (or couldn't read) the text yet. I think the first RPG I ever beat was Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time which is also my favorite Mario game of all time. ^_^ The final boss fight was really hard though. I also had a bunch of other random games I've got fond memories of, but those were probably my favorites growing up.

Bunch of kids, the lot of you...

You already know I grew up on the SNES, but here is one of the first games I played, just to show you what you've missed and what we thought was fun back in the day...

Spoiler

@xFalionx I started a bunch of games, my completion percentage is now 50,08% so -0.6% at the moment... Fully played through Uncharted 1 and 2 but I didn't obtain enough trophies to not have them pull me down, not that I care (much, decreasing the backlog size is more important to me than increasing the completion percentage, just started two additional games that are tough to get a high completion percentage in).

I obtained the platinum in Black Flag, still need that +1 on the platinum stats :)

I have no clue how many more 100% titles I have... 100%ing AC Syndicate thanks to the DLC doesn't count right? I see four checks in my game list from this year so I guess +4 is still correct.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

You already know I grew up on the SNES, but here is one of the first games I played, just to show you what you've missed and what we thought was fun back in the day...

Hide contents

@xFalionx I started a bunch of games, my completion percentage is now 50,08% so -0.6% at the moment... Fully played through Uncharted 1 and 2 but I didn't obtain enough trophies to not have them pull me down, not that I care (much, decreasing the backlog size is more important to me than increasing the completion percentage, just started two additional games that are tough to get a high completion percentage in).

I obtained the platinum in Black Flag, still need that +1 on the platinum stats :)

I have no clue how many more 100% titles I have... 100%ing AC Syndicate thanks to the DLC doesn't count right? I see four checks in my game list from this year so I guess +4 is still correct.

Shush, just because I'm not as old as you doesn't mean I didn't play a couple of DOS games myself, though 3D Tetris wasn't one of them. :) 

But yeah, I kinda understand you. Can't imagine what I'll think when I see someone comment about their favorite childhood games 20 years from now. Those retro games they used to play on their ancient PS4s. I heard someone's even got one that's still working. :giggle:

Congrats on doing more harm to your completion than KYC3. :D 

Yeah, only titles without platinum count, so basically everything that's checked. You can however count 100% games with finished base game but unfinished DLC even though those aren't checked. I'm allowing both as counting only the latter would be unnecessarily complicated.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Reveal hidden contents

You know it:D Still love playing Harvest Moon now and I'll probably play it when I'm old^_^

Wow that looks cool but also very old:) When you look at how games were then to how they are now, it makes you feel amazed doesn't it? I mean we have all of these graphically amazing and in depth stories now and that makes me feel incredibly lucky and happy^_^

I wonder if, like @xFalionx says, gamers will look at games we think are amazing now, like The Witcher 3, and think they look old in the future.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

Shush, just because I'm not as old as you doesn't mean I didn't play a couple of DOS games myself, though 3D Tetris wasn't one of them. :) 

But yeah, I kinda understand you. Can't imagine what I'll think when I see someone comment about their favorite childhood games 20 years from now. Those retro games they used to play on their ancient PS4s. I heard someone's even got one that's still working. :giggle:

1 hour ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

You know it:D Still love playing Harvest Moon now and I'll probably play it when I'm old^_^

Wow that looks cool but also very old:) When you look at how games were then to how they are now, it makes you feel amazed doesn't it? I mean we have all of these graphically amazing and in depth stories now and that makes me feel incredibly lucky and happy^_^

I wonder if, like @xFalionx says, gamers will look at games we think are amazing now, like The Witcher 3, and think they look old in the future.

Personally I'm just glad I got to grow up with a SNES, even back in the day I felt like 8-bit graphics weren't worth the hassle and we never got a NES at home.

Yes, games look better and can do more but I don't feel like they necessarily provide more fun than before. I still play games on my SNES and I still want to rebuy a fair few N64 titles when the Switch gets the Virtual Console up and running. It's telling that I now say that The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild is the best game ever but before I played that, I would answer with either Ocarina Of Time or Rogue Squadron, depending on my mood. That's two N64 games, no game afterwards has made me say "best game ever" until Breath Of The Wild.

I am very afraid of how conversations thirty years from now will go... "yeah I still play my PS4 from time to time, did you know you actually have to use controllers to be able to play a game on it?"

It's easy to say controllers will never go out of stile but hey, fourty years ago when people wanted to game they went to a public place where they threw a few coins in a cabinet that had a tv, a joystick and two buttons. Nintendo broke up the classic single controller with the Wii and they made it optional with the Switch, and then there's PSVR and move controllers... There's no telling what will happen in the future. Will the classic controller type survive? Probably, but not certainly.

Perhaps a better point of ridicule would be the usase of a classic television screen, as projectors might be much more common in the future.

Also @xFalionx, if Earth wins (like now seems to be the case) then I think I'll just finish up LEGO Pirates Of The Caribbean, which has a number of different cave levels.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 2

Bunch on whippersnappers in here.

My dad had a commodore 64 that basically ran everything that the Atari and Colecovision could. We had pong (meh), Centipede, and a few of the other big ones but this was my favorite:

The NES was my first console, which I had to share with my sister, and I got it for Christmas when I was 8. I played anything I could get my hands on but the original Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior (and DW2) were the two that really jump started my RPG love. That's slowly evolved into more of an Action RPG love over the years, but old school turn based was my big thing for a long time. I still think Blaster Master has the best story of any game ever made, and the original Bionic Commando was beyond ground-breaking (no jumping WHAT?!?!)

For those that haven't experienced the magnificence of Blaster Master, here it is in all it's glory. Be warned, Your heart will be warmed, you'll cry, you'll say WTF, and by the end you'll be cheering for our hero.

• Like 4

I know I haven't updated in awhile...consider April a wash for me...I attempted Lords of the Fallen...didn't like it enough to just get through the storyline. Sowly working on NASCAR Heat Evolution for its platinum, but not sure I'll get that by month's end. If I start anything else, like No Man's Sky or Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor, I'll be taking away from May's games depending on the element chosen. So I'll be fine taking the bronze this month.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

I know I haven't updated in awhile...consider April a wash for me...I attempted Lords of the Fallen...didn't like it enough to just get through the storyline. Sowly working on NASCAR Heat Evolution for its platinum, but not sure I'll get that by month's end. If I start anything else, like No Man's Sky or Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor, I'll be taking away from May's games depending on the element chosen. So I'll be fine taking the bronze this month.

I'm guessing you have Shadow Of Mordor pinned for the earth element?

No Man's Sky has plenty of caves, so you could do Mordor this month and No Man's Sky Next month (if Air, Water or Earth gets chosen) :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I'm guessing you have Shadow Of Mordor pinned for the earth element?

No Man's Sky has plenty of caves, so you could do Mordor this month and No Man's Sky Next month (if Air, Water or Earth gets chosen) :)

Yeah that's correct.

I could. But I am hoping I can complete the challenge of 4 games in one month by moving Shadow of Mordor to May. NMS, and Dishonored both have caves, so they'd qualify for earth and air as well. I have options. I just also don't think I have enough time left this month to get Shadow of Mordor completed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Yeah that's correct.

I could. But I am hoping I can complete the challenge of 4 games in one month by moving Shadow of Mordor to May. NMS, and Dishonored both have caves, so they'd qualify for earth and air as well. I have options. I just also don't think I have enough time left this month to get Shadow of Mordor completed.

I'm also hoping that the element picked will allow me to get shadow of mordor done, especially with the 2nd game coming out soon ^_^

Update: Finally have a plat for the month, 

That is the last of us all done! Loved that game so much! Still need the plat for my remaster but that can wait. 

Not sure what I'm going to do next as have quite a few ps plus games on the PS3 i haven't started and want to chomp at that. 

Plus I'm waiting on my air can to clean out the ps4 as it sounds like a turbine about to explode :(

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Yeah that's correct.

Can't comment on you trying four games in one month but as for length; I completed Shadow Of Mordor in less than four days so it's not that hard. That was way back when the game was released as well, so without guides.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I'm having issues with finding an Earth based game to play, or maybe my idea of Earth is too strict.

So far I have found ICO, Knytt Underground. Metro: Last Light, Nova-111...

Would any Tomb Raider or Uncharted game work??

Well considering you visit caves in every Uncharted and Tomb Raider game I could only assume they count.

Personally, I'll be using Rise of the Tomb Raider for the month of May.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I'm having issues with finding an Earth based game to play, or maybe my idea of Earth is too strict.

So far I have found ICO, Knytt Underground. Metro: Last Light, Nova-111...

Would any Tomb Raider or Uncharted game work??

I wouldn't have thought of Ico for the Earth Challenge. All I remembered was the castle, I totally forgot you're underground for a couple minutes towards the end of the game. Definitely doesn't meet the hardcore requirement but should work for the standard. 

Knytt and Nova both take place entirely in cave systems so both should work for hardcore. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

@xFalionx had so much fun with Full Throttle that I didn't want to wait, so I got the platinum even though the game does not count for this month (but sould for Earth in May).

Question: if I say "I want to use a skip" now for Full Throttle, and I end up 100%ing another retro game, can I go back and discount Full Throttle to get my skip back?

If so, I'd like to use a skip and put Full Throttle on the retro challenge, it's a platinum so it also works for a blue star in the main month. At any rate, it's +1 on my platinum counter.

1Sa32875.png

Also, does a skip work for the whole month or only one game? I might get Late Shift this weekend.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

I've platted Tomb Raider: Underworld this morning, thanks to my dog for getting me up twice in the night:facepalm: But now I've more time today to start another game so it's all good^_^

This now means I've completed four games this month so that's that challenge done!

Stat Changes:

Platinums - 62 (+1)

100% - No Change

Completion Percentage - 78.31%

• Like 2

Small update: I completed A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV, granting me a Golden Star for April and Platinum Grade on "Hardcore challenge". Suggested icon for "Hardcore challenge": 1S86a2f3.png

No stat updating for now...

Edited by JoaoQuique
  • Like 2

Made a start to the Tomb Raider (PS3)  MP trophies tonight, didn't expect the servers to be so quiet.

Couple of the trophies will be a total drag with the level to 60 and unlock all characters etc... Apart from that they seem ok ^_^

Started a new playthrough on the main story to get the trophies I missed which are unattainable in my current save :(

• Like 2

Both Doom and Lego Dimensions are ready to plat. Both of these games count for the play a game for another event challenge as I will be using them for the Trophy Hunting Olympics and Lego Dimensions counts for the hardcore challenge because Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens is part of the same series and meets the six word requirement. I plan on getting the Kingdom Hearts ready this month as well so hopefully I'll be able to get a platinum star this month.

Completion Rate: 35.98%

• Like 1