Monthly Madness (Formerly known as FYLTBE) [OLD THREAD]

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

I implemented @BillyHorrible's active and inactive participants idea. I liked the idea in the first place and it would be fitting for a long running event like this. From now on, if you tell me to put you into the inactive section or you don't respond when I post the reminder for people who haven't earned a monthly rank yet, I'll move you to that list. I'm sorry for both @Lucas and @Crimson Idol

And while we're at the topic of reminders, those are the people who still have a bronze rank for April:

Also, next months theme is now officially Earth.

I've finished the story for A Kings Tale, just the last trophy for 100%.

Will count for 'Another Event...' as was my last replacement for KYC3. 

Still not sure on what to play with an Earth theme, will try some things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

Good luck with that. I don't know about Original Sin but one of the earlier games in the franchise (Divine Divinity) used to be one of my favorite games to play growing up. Probably another big influence in my appreciation for RPGs. Even nowadays I sometimes pick it back up and start another playthrough every now and then. ^_^ 

Divine Divinity was one of my favorites as well.  It got treated like (and almost written off as) a Diablo-lite/clone but I enjoyed it much more than the Diablo games which I could never really get into.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xFalionx said:

I implemented @BillyHorrible's active and inactive participants idea. I liked the idea in the first place and it would be fitting for a long running event like this. From now on, if you tell me to put you into the inactive section or you don't respond when I post the reminder for people who haven't earned a monthly rank yet, I'll move you to that list. I'm sorry for both @Lucas and @Crimson Idol whose lists have been deleted before this feature was implemented. I put myself on that list because I don't really have the time to participate anymore.

My list could be found in this post but as I didn't earn anything before I retired it would make no real sense to add me IMO.

BTW: Can it be that you forgot @ladynadiad in the inactive list? IIRC she retired sometime in April. 

• Like 1

@xFalionx since my last stats post I've done nothing that nets me additional stars or anything, but I did play some more Uncharted 4 meaning I'm now at 51,05% - an increase of 0,37% since the start of the event. Seeing as I was at an invrease of 0,18% in my last stats post, I feel like choosing to do Uncharted 4 again didn't halt my progression as much as I thought it would. It helps that I went for a whole bunch of random trophies in the end instead of only doing a collectible run.

• Like 1

Would you count Doki-Doki Universe as a three word game or two word game?

If it counts as three I got a gold star for this month. If not I just got another 100% game.

So here are my final stats for this month, seen from the start:

Platinum trophies: +4

100% completed: +1

Completion: +1,87

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 1

Hey people, I'm really tired right now so I'll go to bed early and update you guys later. I'll also be starting May a bit early as a result of this.

So as of now you may start submitting entries for the Earth theme. As always, you'll have 24 hours from the time of this post to finish and/or submit any left over entries for April.

I'll provide you with further information tomorrow but for now know that Junes theme will be a slightly different variation of the Random theme. Go ahead and post any suggestions as of now, or wait until I explain the differences.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Hey people, I'm really tired right now so I'll go to bed early and update you guys later. I'll also be starting May a bit early as a result of this.

So as of now you may start submitting entries for the Earth theme. As always, you'll have 24 hours from the time of this post to finish and/or submit any left over entries for April.

I'll provide you with further information tomorrow but for now know that Junes theme will be a slightly different variation of the Random theme. Go ahead and post any suggestions as of now, or wait until I explain the differences.

What about:

Plat a game that's part of a series (Hardcore requirement: 100% a game with DLC/s)

• Like 1

Also started Dokuro and gonna try platting it during the month :D Enjoying the game so far, puzzles are kinda tricky in places but levels are usually easy once I know what to do

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

Unexpectly, I was able to Platinum Madden NFL 16 a few hours ago, granting me an unexpected (last) Platinum Star for April's theme...

Now I'm SURE I will not complete any game for April... :awesome:

Stat updates:

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +20

100% completed: +15

Completion: +2.78%

• Like 2

@xFalionx, my suggestion for June's theme would be 

Games that require/offer the use of companions either human or animal. 

Hardcore requirement could be that the player has to keep a companion with them thoughout the game at all times. Or another hardcore requirement could be that it can only be a game that has a animal companion.

Examples of games could be Skyrim, The Last of Us, Watch Dogs 1/2, Fallout 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy XV, Persona, Kingdom Hearts and many more.

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 2

I'd planned to post my stats sooner but fell asleep. > o > This month's gone by faster than I expected. I was trying to get the hardcore challenge done, but it doesn't look like I'll be finishing anytime soon. But I did finish 4 games this month that fit with the theme:

Horizon: Zero Dawn (also for Spring Backlog)

Lara Croft Go

Day of the Tentacle (retro challenge)

Thomas was alone

Horizon was very...distracting. I really enjoyed the gameplay and part of me wants to go back just to clear out any quests I have left. Or even just to start it over again to enjoy it once more.

Platinum trophies: +9

100% completed: +3

Completion:  +3.01

And back to bed I think I'll go. Too tired to keep eyes open.

• Like 2

Thought I'd sneak in Far Cry 3 for a fourth game this month, but the co-op trophies tripped me up. Still nice to have it beaten after lurking on my profile for nearly a year.  :)

Platinum trophies: +14

100% completed: +2

Completion: +2.13%

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zanreo said:

Also started Dokuro and gonna try platting it during the month :D Enjoying the game so far, puzzles are kinda tricky in places but levels are usually easy once I know what to do

Puzzles are easy enough, but I'm stuck on 6-7 where too many things happen at one time. Also, when I checked the guide, the guy in the video seemed to have more luck with the puzzle than I did. It all doesn't matter because I can only manage 10 levels in one sitting. For some reason, it gets tedious for me after that!

Well, good luck! Another game we're playing at the same time :) 

• Like 2

@xFalionx

Theme ideas:

Knights and Dragons - either knights or dragons featured in the game. Hardcore: both feature in the game, and/or player character is either one.

Cowboys and Indians - either cowboys or Indians featured in the game. Hardcore: both feature in the game, and/or player character is either one.

Turtle Power - turtles/tortoises featured in the game. Hardcore: player character is a turtle/tortoise.

The Truth Is Out There - game features aliens. Hardcore: player character is an alien.

I See Dead People - people dying is featured heavily in the game. Hardcore: player character is a ghost/zombie/vampire/etc, or the death of the player character is either required in the story or a part of the in-game mechanics.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

@xFalionx

Theme ideas:

Knights and Dragons - either knights or dragons featured in the game. Hardcore: both feature in the game, and/or player character is either one.

Cowboys and Indians - either cowboys or Indians featured in the game. Hardcore: both feature in the game, and/or player character is either one.

Turtle Power - turtles/tortoises featured in the game. Hardcore: player character is a turtle/tortoise.

The Truth Is Out There - game features aliens. Hardcore: player character is an alien.

I See Dead People - people dying is featured heavily in the game. Hardcore: player character is a ghost/zombie/vampire/etc, or the death of the player character is either required in the story or a part of the in-game mechanics.

Really dig the Knights and Dragons theme. It will give me an excuse to stick with playing Dragon Age: Origins. Maybe even go back to Dragon's Crown.

• Like 1

To supply you with all the stuff I skipped out on yesterday:

Current theme: Earth

Hardcore requirement: at least partial underground/cave setting

Allowed are all games that have a strong relation to the element earth. This could be the name of the game, the setting, a gameplay feature, or something else entirely. 

While this is only partially subject to interpretation, participants should provide information about what part of the game relates to the element.

Very small relations like "The game is set on a planet made out of earth" will not count towards this theme as the element has to be strongly reflected by the game.

Example: Minecraft

Next months theme: Random

Explanation

Each participant may suggest a single theme for the next month. On the 15th of May all theme suggestions will be put into a list and four themes will be randomly selected using a tool like Random.org. Participants can increase the chances of a theme getting picked by suggesting the same theme as someone else. These four themes will then be put into a poll until the end of the month to decide a final theme for June.

Rules

All of these rules are defined loosely and are to be treated as principles to follow when suggesting a topic. Should your theme deviate from these principles in a large degree, I may request you to vary your theme or suggest a new one entirely, so try to follow them. 

Themes should...

• Have a large selection of games.
    Example: If you wanted to suggest "Zelda games" as a theme, you would have to change that to "Nintendo games" instead because a single franchise doesn't have enough games to be a full blown theme.

• Be accessible to anyone who has at least one Sony console.
    If your theme does not include any games on the PS3, PS4 and/or PSVita, there is a high chance that some people who only have these systems will be left out. Anyone who owns at least one of these three systems should be able to play at least some of the games in your theme.

• Not be too hard to accomplish.
    Having a theme like "Ultra Rare platinum trophies" would take away the fun of this easy-going event.

• Include a HC theme that is harder to achieve than the usual theme but not near impossible.
    I might end up altering your HC theme to achieve a good balance.

As long as you follow these principles, your suggestion should be fine.

Current suggestions

• Games that are part of a series (HC: 6 or more games in the series) (1 user)

• Games that offer the use of companions (HC: animal companion(s)) (1 user)

Basically, the only thing different from the last Random theme is that this time I'll be taking suggestions until the end of the 14th of May (GMT+1), and then you'll be able to vote for you favorite of 4 random picks for the rest of the time. I think this may decrease the factor of disappointment in the randomness of the theme selection.

Yet another reminder for the people who still have yet to upgrade their rank from bronze (even if they already responded):

@blxckenigma

@DrumKing294

@Kent10201

@ShogunCroCop

There isn't much time left, so make sure you submit anything you have left quickly.

23 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

@xFalionx I'm going to have to use a skip for this month. I tried to get Uncharted 4 ready by tomorrow but unfortunately I ran into a glitched trophy for collecting all of the treasures in the game. I collected every treasure but the statistics in the game got screwed up, which is what the game looks at, for the trophy to pop. I'll have to do another playthrough to get the platinum so there's no way I'll be able to finish it by tomorrow. I'd like to use Lego Dimensions as the plat image for this month. 

By the way, since I never got a chance to say it, I hope everything works out over the next couple months and we can see you back soon. 

A skip won't do you any good without a non-themed game to take that place. You could however look if you've completed the story of a themed game (or using a skip of a non-themed game) to gain a silver rank.

23 hours ago, NekoSama87 said:

Here i am!
Updating stats so far:

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 73

100% completed: 42

Completion: 62.61%

Platinum trophies: +12

100% completed: +5

Completion: +2.10%

Platinums this month are:

Everybody's gone to the rapture (dug this up from the PS+ leftovers for the sake of the month's theme, does it count as challenge completed?)
Deponia
The Book Of Unwritten Tales 2 (does it count for the hardcore challenge?)
Adam's Venture Origins

100% of the month is:

AdVenture Capitalist

Congrats on these. Actually, since the 's in Everybody's gone to the rapture is a short form of a word, you have 2 games that count towards the HC theme in your list. Also, I can't count Deponia and AdVenture Capitalist since these aren't 3-word games.

23 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I've finished the story for A Kings Tale, just the last trophy for 100%.

Will count for 'Another Event...' as was my last replacement for KYC3. 

Still not sure on what to play with an Earth theme, will try some things.

Congrats on your gold rank, HC challenge completion and another challenge star.

21 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

BTW: Can it be that you forgot @ladynadiad in the inactive list? IIRC she retired sometime in April. 

Yeah, but going by her personal reasons I doubt she'd want to rejoin at a later time. Both you and @Lucas were struggling with time constrictions which may be subject to change within the event. That's why I mentioned the both of you.

19 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

UPDATE: Won't be earning any trophies in the next 5 hours, so...

Stat changes during event:

Platinum trophies: +6

Completion: +8.81%

Updated you.

17 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

@xFalionx since my last stats post I've done nothing that nets me additional stars or anything, but I did play some more Uncharted 4 meaning I'm now at 51,05% - an increase of 0,37% since the start of the event. Seeing as I was at an invrease of 0,18% in my last stats post, I feel like choosing to do Uncharted 4 again didn't halt my progression as much as I thought it would. It helps that I went for a whole bunch of random trophies in the end instead of only doing a collectible run.

Updated you as well.

15 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Would you count Doki-Doki Universe as a three word game or two word game?

If it counts as three I got a gold star for this month. If not I just got another 100% game.

So here are my final stats for this month, seen from the start:

Platinum trophies: +4

Completion: +1,87

I'd count that as a 3-word game, so congrats on your new golden star.

15 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

What about:

Plat a game that's part of a series (Hardcore requirement: 100% a game with DLC/s)

That's actually a theme that I had in mind beforehand, I don't like your HC requirement though. Not only do a lot of games that are part of a series feature DLCs, they're also required for another challenge which would diminish the purpose of having them be seperate. I'd personally change it to games that are part of a long series (like 6+ games including spin-offs). That way we'd have a place for long running series like Final Fantasy, Atelier, or maybe even sports games like Fifa and whatever.

13 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

Unexpectly, I was able to Platinum Madden NFL 16 a few hours ago, granting me an unexpected (last) Platinum Star for April's theme...

Now I'm SURE I will not complete any game for April... :awesome:

Stat updates:

Platinum trophies: +20

100% completed: +15

Completion: +2.78%

Congrats on yet another platinum star.

11 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

@xFalionx, my suggestion for June's theme would be 

Games that require/offer the use of companions either human or animal. Hardcore requirement could be that the player has to keep a companion with them thoughout the game at all times. Or another hardcore requirement could be that it can only be a game that has a animal companion.

Examples of games could be Skyrim, The Last of Us, Watch Dogs 1/2, Fallout 4, Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The Last Guardian and many more.

I really like this one, I'll be going with the animal companion HC theme though.

11 hours ago, cerafinn said:

I'd planned to post my stats sooner but fell asleep. > o > This month's gone by faster than I expected. I was trying to get the hardcore challenge done, but it doesn't look like I'll be finishing anytime soon. But I did finish 4 games this month that fit with the theme:

Horizon: Zero Dawn (also for Spring Backlog)

Lara Croft Go

Day of the Tentacle (retro challenge)

Thomas was alone

Horizon was very...distracting. I really enjoyed the gameplay and part of me wants to go back just to clear out any quests I have left. Or even just to start it over again to enjoy it once more.

Platinum trophies: +9

100% completed: +3

Completion:  +3.01

And back to bed I think I'll go. Too tired to keep eyes open.

Congrats on your progress.

10 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Thought I'd sneak in Far Cry 3 for a fourth game this month, but the co-op trophies tripped me up. Still nice to have it beaten after lurking on my profile for nearly a year.  :)

Platinum trophies: +14

100% completed: +2

Completion: +2.13%

Updated your stats.

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

@xFalionx

Theme ideas:

There's some nice ideas in there but you'll have to pick the one you stand for before I can add your suggestions to the op.

1 hour ago, Pixel-DRAGON- said:

@xFalionx 

Platted My Name is Mayo & Horizon Zero Dawn

100% Run Sackboy! Run!

Updated stats:

Congrats on your platinum rank and star, though I won't be able to count Run Sackboy! Run as you've only earned a single trophy of that game in April.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Congrats on your platinum rank and star, though I won't be able to count Run Sackboy! Run as you've only earned a single trophy of that game in April.

Thank you :lol:

And oops, I forgot rule #7

Games of any completion percentage are allowed, an exception to this would be games with only one trophy left for a different event. (See rule 8)

I will never forget again (^_^ )

P.S. Sorry if this is already asked before but why the name change?

• Like 1

Just now, Pixel-DRAGON- said:

Thank you :lol:

And oops, I forgot rule #7

I will never forget again (^_^ )

P.S. Sorry if this is already asked before but why the name change?

Yeah, no worries. 

For one I found the old Falion's Year-long Themed Backlog Event to be too long and confusing and I only went with that because the year was starting and I wasn't able to find a snappy name in time. There's another reason for that though, which I'll address as soon as possible since it's a big thing that all participants should know about. I'm finding myself running out of time all the time though, so it may still take me a while longer.

4 hours ago, xFalionx said:

There's some nice ideas in there but you'll have to pick the one you stand for before I can add your suggestions to the op.

Well, I couldn't really do that while you were being mysterious about the rules now could I ;)

I'll go with the "I See Dead People" one because it's the weirdest. Tweaked the rule a bit, here it is:

I See Dead People: the game features (un)dead beings - zombies, vampires, ghosts... (HC: player character is or becomes (un)dead being, and/or deaths of the player character are integral to the plot/gameplay)

Game examples: Dante's Inferno, Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow, The Walking Dead, Skyrim, The Witcher III, Plants vs Zombies, Saint's Row The Third...

HC (PC is or becomes (un)dead) examples: Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2, God Of War (any GOW where Kratos actually dies and goes to hell, I forgot which one(s)), Murdered: Soul Suspect, Dark Souls, Specter Of Torment...

HC (PC deaths are integral to the plot/gameplay) examples: Super Meat Boy, Life Goes On: Done To Death, ZOMBI...

I'm almost tempted to let games where the player character dies during the story count, like

Spoiler

Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, or Heavy Rain depending on your choices

... But I think that it's not fitting enough to the theme (and it means you should already know about what might be a big plot twist) and I don't want people to spoil stuff for others.

If anyone feels like suggesting one of my other themes they can feel free to do so, so if @Edunstar84 wants that knight/dragon theme...

Edited by BillyHorrible
Didn't close the last bracket, how bad of me
  • Like 2

@BillyHorribleI like this one. If you would have used the cowboys one I'd need to use my 2nd skip for sure. 

My suggestion. 

Bargain Bin : Games you picked up for less than $10. HC: <$3.

Was going to say $5/free but figured I'd make it a little more accessible. 

I earned the final trophy in I Am Alive so +1 100% for 36 total. 

• Like 2

@xFalionx I forgot the most important part  of using my skip xD. I got both Doom and Lego Dimensions ready to plat last month for the Trophy Hunting Olympics. I would like to use the Doom platinum image for the month of April. Thanks for reminding me :D!

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1