Monthly Madness (Formerly known as FYLTBE) [OLD THREAD]

31 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Both Doom and Lego Dimensions are ready to plat. Both of these games count for the play a game for another event challenge as I will be using them for the Trophy Hunting Olympics and Lego Dimensions counts for the hardcore challenge because Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens is part of the same series and meets the six word requirement. I plan on getting the Kingdom Hearts ready this month as well so hopefully I'll be able to get a platinum star this month.

Completion Rate: 35.98%

I think that's not how this works.

First Doom doesn't fit the theme so it won't qualify for any challenge

Second: You can't play a game and say another game of the series qualifies for the theme to count it. Your played game needs to fit the theme, not any other game of the series.

So both games don't count for this month. That's how I understod it. @xFalionx should decide though.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I think that's not how this works.

First Doom doesn't fit the theme so it won't qualify for any challenge

Second: You can't play a game and say another game of the series qualifies for the theme to count it. Your played game needs to fit the theme, not any other game of the series.

So both games don't count for this month. That's how I understod it. @xFalionx should decide though.

I was just updating my progress in terms of working through my backlog. I'm aware that Doom doesn't count however, IIRC I asked @xFalionx about using games in the same series and he said it was okay. At least that's I thought I read when reading through the descriptions when voting for this months theme. If it doesn't count I'll rush through Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, and if I can't plat it in time I'll use one of my skips.

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MortalRikku said:

Made a start to the Tomb Raider (PS3)  MP trophies tonight, didn't expect the servers to be so quiet.

Couple of the trophies will be a total drag with the level to 60 and unlock all characters etc... Apart from that they seem ok ^_^

Started a new playthrough on the main story to get the trophies I missed which are unattainable in my current save :(

Good luck! The MP trophies weren't that bad, but you do need to create or find a gaming session. I still have my TR game somewhere and can help you out if you need a 4th person.

• Like 2

@xFalionx seems a bit more quiet than usual... and no trophies earned in the last few days :hmm:

Anyway I've restarted on This War Of Mine, the original story of which I finished earlier this month but I might go for the platinum already after all. That would mean three platinums in two weeks, so if I succeed then I might just feel the need to do a fourth one.

• Like 1

So, I've got kinda bad news to announce...

Due to the randomness that is life, I'll probably have little to no free time from the start of next month to the start of September. I'm not really sure yet, as I'll only really know what I'm up to at the date but by the sound of it, it's gonna take up a lot of my time. I'll try to keep the thread up and running through that time but I might end up having to temporarily pass on the leadership of this thread to someone else, or even abandon it completely should nobody want to take over for the next few months. But let's see if I can handle the load before we jump to extreme conclusions. Anyways, if someone's interested in keeping this thread alive for a while, just in case I can't manage to keep up with both RL and PSNP, shoot me a PM so I can give you the next few months' themes and some plans for that time in case anything happens.

On 4/19/2017 at 4:25 AM, ShogunCroCop said:

I know I haven't updated in awhile...consider April a wash for me...I attempted Lords of the Fallen...didn't like it enough to just get through the storyline. Sowly working on NASCAR Heat Evolution for its platinum, but not sure I'll get that by month's end. If I start anything else, like No Man's Sky or Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor, I'll be taking away from May's games depending on the element chosen. So I'll be fine taking the bronze this month.

You could always try to complete the story of one of your games that fits both months, and then just finish it for a plat rank next month. That way, at least you could get something better than a bronze rank for this month. 

On 4/19/2017 at 9:55 PM, MortalRikku said:

I'm also hoping that the element picked will allow me to get shadow of mordor done, especially with the 2nd game coming out soon ^_^

Update: Finally have a plat for the month, 

That is the last of us all done! Loved that game so much! Still need the plat for my remaster but that can wait. 

Not sure what I'm going to do next as have quite a few ps plus games on the PS3 i haven't started and want to chomp at that. 

Plus I'm waiting on my air can to clean out the ps4 as it sounds like a turbine about to explode :(

Congrats on your platinum rank. 

On 4/19/2017 at 10:07 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

I'm having issues with finding an Earth based game to play, or maybe my idea of Earth is too strict.

So far I have found ICO, Knytt Underground. Metro: Last Light, Nova-111...

Would any Tomb Raider or Uncharted game work??

On 4/19/2017 at 10:31 PM, Kent10201 said:

Well considering you visit caves in every Uncharted and Tomb Raider game I could only assume they count.

Personally, I'll be using Rise of the Tomb Raider for the month of May.

For earth based games, you could for example take something that has you manipulate earth in a way (Minecraft or something like Korra), or something that is partially set underground. To count as earth it could be as little as some small underground sections, or a cave you can enter. To count towards the hardcore theme it would need to be a larger part than that, for example a whole level set mostly underground, a random cave that you don't even pass through during the story won't cut it for that.

After all I know about Tomb Raider and Uncharted, those games should qualify for the theme at least, if not even for the Hardcore challenge.

On 4/20/2017 at 1:51 AM, BillyHorrible said:

@xFalionx had so much fun with Full Throttle that I didn't want to wait, so I got the platinum even though the game does not count for this month (but sould for Earth in May).

Question: if I say "I want to use a skip" now for Full Throttle, and I end up 100%ing another retro game, can I go back and discount Full Throttle to get my skip back?

If so, I'd like to use a skip and put Full Throttle on the retro challenge, it's a platinum so it also works for a blue star in the main month. At any rate, it's +1 on my platinum counter.

1Sa32875.png

Also, does a skip work for the whole month or only one game? I might get Late Shift this weekend.

Well, skips work a bit different than that. Using a skip you can make any games that you play int hat month increase your rank, no matter how much you upgrade it. For challenges and stars however, only games fitting the theme will earn you those. If you were to use a skip the best use you would get out of that would be another platinum star for the month, because your original fitting platinum would get converted into a star while this one would fill the spot of your rank for this month.

Also, you can take back your skips as long as you do so within the month you used it for. If you use a skip for this month, you could remove it exactly as long as you can still earn stars for it.

On 4/20/2017 at 11:25 AM, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I've platted Tomb Raider: Underworld this morning, thanks to my dog for getting me up twice in the night:facepalm: But now I've more time today to start another game so it's all good^_^

This now means I've completed four games this month so that's that challenge done!

Stat Changes:

Platinums - 62 (+1)

100% - No Change

Completion Percentage - 78.31%

Congrats on yet another plat rank and a star for your challenge.

21 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

Small update: I completed A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV, granting me a Golden Star for April and Platinum Grade on "Hardcore challenge". Suggested icon for "Hardcore challenge": 1S86a2f3.png

No stat updating for now...

Congrats on another golden star and finishing up your challenges.

12 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

Both Doom and Lego Dimensions are ready to plat. Both of these games count for the play a game for another event challenge as I will be using them for the Trophy Hunting Olympics and Lego Dimensions counts for the hardcore challenge because Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens is part of the same series and meets the six word requirement. I plan on getting the Kingdom Hearts ready this month as well so hopefully I'll be able to get a platinum star this month.

Completion Rate: 35.98%

Yeah, sorry but @MarkusT1992 is right on that one. These games both don't count towards the theme. I can't remember saying games of the same series would count, but if I did I'm sorry. Those have never counted and probably will never count as they open up the themes too much in my opinion. What does however count is another official English title for the same game, maybe you confused it with that? 

5 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

@xFalionx seems a bit more quiet than usual... and no trophies earned in the last few days :hmm:

Anyway I've restarted on This War Of Mine, the original story of which I finished earlier this month but I might go for the platinum already after all. That would mean three platinums in two weeks, so if I succeed then I might just feel the need to do a fourth one.

Yeah, you could say that I've arrived at a difficulty spike in my real life... It's already a lot worse than before and it's only gonna get worse towards the start of next month. I'll probably also end up going silent in the KYC3 thread and in your event, but I'll try to keep this event up to date as good as I can.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Due to the randomness that is life, I'll probably have little to no free time from the start of next month to the start of September. I'm not really sure yet, as I'll only really know what I'm up to at the date but by the sound of it, it's gonna take up a lot of my time. I'll try to keep the thread up and running through that time but I might end up having to temporarily pass on the leadership of this thread to someone else, or even abandon it completely should nobody want to take over for the next few months. But let's see if I can handle the load before we jump to extreme conclusions. Anyways, if someone's interested in keeping this thread alive for a while, just in case I can't manage to keep up with both RL and PSNP, shoot me a PM so I can give you the next few months' themes and some plans for that time in case anything happens.

Good luck with whatever the next few months may yield for you. I hope that everything turns out well so that you will have at least some spare free time for yourself. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Good luck with whatever your planning on doing over the next few months and I hope everything goes well for you:)

If you need any help with the thread at all, then just send me a message as I'm pretty much free until September anyway:) But don't worry about the thread though, just make sure your okay first:)

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 1

Bummer to hear that Falion. Hopefully it's more of a good busy than a bad busy. 

I finished up the main story and 11/12 trophies for I Am Alive. So gold star me please. Need to decide what to play next since I don't feel like doing a 2nd run right away. 

Been making good progress on Terraria as well. That's awesome because that game can easily count for all 4 elements and at least two of the hardcore requirements. I'll probably use Yuri to finish it next month when I've cleaned up all the main stuff. 

Also, I was cursing your name and considering dropping out last week, but that's past now. I had convinced myself to go back to American McGee's Alice since it would count for several challenges and God that was a mistake. I played about 1.5 hours and nearly broke my controller about 4 times before re-deleting the game and going to bed early. 

• Like 1

:gold: A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV done, specifically for the event and the 6-word challenge. Turns out Lego Indiana Jones 2 is a glitchy crashtastic mess and that's why it's still in my backlog.

On 4/21/2017 at 4:04 AM, xFalionx said:

Hey, do whatever you need to. This is certainly a nice forum event, but it's just games. Hope everything goes okay.

I'm up for helping out if need be, but I'm not great at the judgement call bit.

Edited by SyIaris
Finished a game.
  • Like 1

@xFalionx Hoping everything's okay! Take a break if you need to, I'd love to help but I'm kinda busy with my own stuff as it is...

Also, for progress, I recently finished Neptunia Rebirth 2's story - in fact, all the stories and endings, so silver trophy so far!

Just one trophy left for the plat... though that one's entirely RNG-based and takes some hours for each try so hoping that will even be done in time!

...Also, since I can't find anything about it in the OP, does games you've beaten the month you joined BEFORE you sign up count? If so, I completed Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (hardcore requirement!) and plated Neptunia Rebirth 3 earlier in April

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

Thanks for your support, people. :) Honestly for me it's more a bad kind of busy but it may turn out to be good in the long run. At the very least it means that I have a lot of work to do in the near future, and a lot to prepare right now. I do intend on planning in at least an hour of gaming per day so I can keep my sanity.

On 4/21/2017 at 5:17 PM, Hemiak said:

Bummer to hear that Falion. Hopefully it's more of a good busy than a bad busy. 

I finished up the main story and 11/12 trophies for I Am Alive. So gold star me please. Need to decide what to play next since I don't feel like doing a 2nd run right away. 

Been making good progress on Terraria as well. That's awesome because that game can easily count for all 4 elements and at least two of the hardcore requirements. I'll probably use Yuri to finish it next month when I've cleaned up all the main stuff. 

Also, I was cursing your name and considering dropping out last week, but that's past now. I had convinced myself to go back to American McGee's Alice since it would count for several challenges and God that was a mistake. I played about 1.5 hours and nearly broke my controller about 4 times before re-deleting the game and going to bed early. 

Congrats on your golden star, have fun with the rest of Terraria, but make sure you fight your way through all of the bosses legit before you turn to Yuri. The Hardmode is where the fun begins and there's still more than 50% of the content ahead of you, if you didn't even fight the mechanical bosses yet. 

Hey, it's not entirely my fault you were playing Alice. :D 

On 4/22/2017 at 7:39 AM, SyIaris said:

:gold: A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV done, specifically for the event and the 6-word challenge. Turns out Lego Indiana Jones 2 is a glitchy crashtastic mess and that's why it's still in my backlog.

Hey, do whatever you need to. This is certainly a nice forum event, but it's just games. Hope everything goes okay.

I'm up for helping out if need be, but I'm not great at the judgement call bit.

Congrats on your golden star and 2 challenge stars.

On 4/22/2017 at 10:11 AM, Zanreo said:

@xFalionx Hoping everything's okay! Take a break if you need to, I'd love to help but I'm kinda busy with my own stuff as it is...

Also, for progress, I recently finished Neptunia Rebirth 2's story - in fact, all the stories and endings, so silver trophy so far!

Just one trophy left for the plat... though that one's entirely RNG-based and takes some hours for each try so hoping that will even be done in time!

...Also, since I can't find anything about it in the OP, does games you've beaten the month you joined BEFORE you sign up count? If so, I completed Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (hardcore requirement!) and plated Neptunia Rebirth 3 earlier in April

Yeah, anything from the month you joined in counts as long as you submit it in time. Congrats on your platinum rank, golden star and challenge completion. ^_^ 

Also, since there's a clause that allows games with one trophy missing for the platinum trophy to count as finished for the event (because of events like the Platinum Rain Day), you can submit these as well if you like to, or just wait until you actually earn that last trophy if you can do it in time.

• Like 2

Yeah, like I said the Neptunia 2 plat is basically finished, there's just finishing one minigame left and for that I just have to wait for the RNG to be in my favor.. and the last level needed (the only one I have left) has 13+ hours waiting time to finish x3

Not a part of platinum rain day or similar events though

(Now I wish I had noticed this thread earlier... I'd have 2 plats for last month's theme with Severed and IA/VT Colorful x3)

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zanreo said:

Yeah, like I said the Neptunia 2 plat is basically finished, I just have to wait for the RNG to be in my favor.. and the last level needed has 9+ hours waiting time to finish x3

Not a part of platinum rain day or similar events though

While I intended that rule for participants of such events only, I ended up making it a general rule since that one elusive trophy doesn't really matter in my book. 

Congrats on your new platinum star. :) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Yeah, anything from the month you joined in counts as long as you submit it in time.

Would that mean that The Walking Dead Season 2 counts for me? I finished the last episode on April 2nd. Since it's DLC it should count for the finish all DLC challenge if not for a gold star.

• Like 1

Another game for this month completed/plated: Taiko no Tatsujin V Version! So that would be... 4 games!

Also, do Project Platinum threads count as another "event"? Because in that case, the Neptunia games would count towards that (I'll go up a rank as soon as Rebirth 2 pops)

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 2

On April 21, 2017 at 7:04 AM, xFalionx said:

Sorry to hear about this. You put a hell of a lot of work into this and have got a real quality event going. I know someone said it earlier but RL does need to take precedence. We all like to take our gaming seriously but ultimately, it's pretty small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

I hope everything works itself out.

• Like 2

On 21-4-2017 at 1:04 PM, xFalionx said:

Well, skips work a bit different than that. Using a skip you can make any games that you play int hat month increase your rank, no matter how much you upgrade it. For challenges and stars however, only games fitting the theme will earn you those. If you were to use a skip the best use you would get out of that would be another platinum star for the month, because your original fitting platinum would get converted into a star while this one would fill the spot of your rank for this month.

Also, you can take back your skips as long as you do so within the month you used it for. If you use a skip for this month, you could remove it exactly as long as you can still earn stars for it.

Yeah, you could say that I've arrived at a difficulty spike in my real life... It's already a lot worse than before and it's only gonna get worse towards the start of next month. I'll probably also end up going silent in the KYC3 thread and in your event, but I'll try to keep this event up to date as good as I can.

Good luck on Real Life, it's a tough game that doesn't even have that many trophies unless you're going to grind the Sports or Entertainment mini-games. ;)

Seriously good luck though, and I'll make it easier for you and put you on the inactive pile in my event. If you only have a little bit of time available, it should be spent on gaming, not writing on forums and editing OPs.

So, I guess you'd prefer it if we keep track of our stuff ourselves, so that you can easily copy-paste it in a few months when you have the time? Someone taking over the thread doesn't work well I think because they can't edit your OP, they'd have to make a new thread altogether.

I'm confused by your explanation of skips so let's just say I won't use them, I've played Full Throttle and Late Shift for fun and they don't count for this month, so I also have not gained a star for the 'complete 4 games' challenge. That leaves me with this done in April:

• Platinum in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag so I already have a platinum rank and we can ignore everything that's not a 100% or platinum.
  • Platinum in Full Throttle Remastered which does not count.
  • Platinum in This War Of Mine: The Little Ones which counts as a normal rank but not a hardcore one because the game is called "This War Of Mine" on Steam and "The Little Ones" was DLC added to it and included in this complete edition. It also counts as a gold star for the "other event" challenge because I played this in KYC3.
  • Platinum in Late Shift which does not count.

All four platinums count for my stats though so +4 on the platinum stats.

• platinum stat is at +4 (Black Flag, Full Throttle, This War Of Mine, Late Shift)
  • 100% stat is at +4 (Kitten Squad, Hue, Ultratron, INSIDE)
  • current completion percentage is at 50,96% (+0,18% from 50,68%)

I won't get a platinum or 100% in the remainder of the month because I'm working on Uncharted 4 now and then I'm just going to do some Blaster Master Zero and Specter Of Torment until Mario Kart releases on friday.

So I guess my current stats would look like this:

Spoiler

Monthly ranks:

1. tFiJcto.png January - Perspective - 3D Games
  2. 2Sd232cd.png DDBDyVa.png February - Consoles - PS4 Games
  3. NSnkABf.png 9lZg3hS.pnghYfrZR1.pnghYfrZR1.pnghYfrZR1.pnghYfrZR1.pnghYfrZR1.png March - Random - Artistic Games
  4. 1S107813.png Y04dodB.pngWa6fwNE.png April - Naming - Long Names
  5. tFiJcto.png May - Elements 
  6. tFiJcto.png June - Random 
  7. tFiJcto.png July - Time 
  8. tFiJcto.png August - Place 
  9. tFiJcto.png September - Random 
  10. tFiJcto.png October - Halloween 
  11. tFiJcto.png November - Advancement 
  12. tFiJcto.png December - Christmas 

Challenge ranks:

• tFiJcto.png Complete a retro game.
  • k3XCmqr.png Y04dodB.pnghYfrZR1.pnghYfrZR1.pnghYfrZR1.pnghYfrZR1.png Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.
  • a7wBiOd.png Y04dodB.png Complete 4 games within one month.
  • 10S9f4a60.png Y04dodB.pnghYfrZR1.png Complete a game because of this event, that you would not have played anytime soon otherwise.
  • tFiJcto.png Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.
  • 57S264f24.png :platinum: Complete all currently released DLC of a game.

Additional stats:

Available skips: 2

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 30

100% completed: 49

Completion: 50.68%

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +4

100% completed: +4

Completion: +0.18%

Stats after the event:

Platinum trophies: -

100% completed: -

Completion: -

As said, I'm prepared to keep track of my own stats so once you have time again in a few months, you can just check all the posts for correctness and copy-paste the most recent one.

• Like 1

Little update: I finished Sly 2: Band of Thieves, granting me a Platinum Star for April and a Golden Star on "Retro game" challenge.

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

(...)

As said, I'm prepared to keep track of my own stats so once you have time again in a few months, you can just check all the posts for correctness and copy-paste the most recent one.

I think I'll do the same (specially because I had established a set of "personal rules" about challenges for myself... :lol:) - it will be quite simple for me, since I'd already track my personal progress on PSNP events on my Trophy Checklist.

So, my current progress (including Sly 2) is:

Spoiler

Monthly ranks:

1. 1Sf1d9b2.png :platinum:hYfrZR1.png January - Perspective - 3D Games
  2. 1Sf9dd86.png :platinum:Wa6fwNE.pngWa6fwNE.pngWa6fwNE.pnghYfrZR1.pnghYfrZR1.pnghYfrZR1.pnghYfrZR1.png February - Consoles - PS4 Games
  3. 1S66e8e2.png :platinum:hYfrZR1.png March - Random - Artistic Games
  4. 1Sbca347.png :platinum:Wa6fwNE.pngWa6fwNE.pngWa6fwNE.pngWa6fwNE.pnghYfrZR1.png April - Naming - Long Names (Hardcore Req.: 6+ words)
  5. :hidden: May - Elements 
  6. :hidden: June - Random 
  7. :hidden: July - Time 
  8. :hidden: August - Place 
  9. :hidden: September - Random 
  10. :hidden: October - Halloween 
  11. :hidden: November - Advancement 
  12. :hidden: December - Christmas

Challenge ranks:

• 13S9beefc.png :platinum:hYfrZR1.pnghYfrZR1.png Complete a retro game.
  • 1S740aa6.png :platinum:hYfrZR1.pnghYfrZR1.png Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.
  • :platinum:hYfrZR1.png Complete 4 games within one month.
  • 1S929415.png :platinum:hYfrZR1.pnghYfrZR1.png  Complete a game because of the event, that you would not have played anytime soon otherwise.
  • 1S86a2f3.png:platinum: Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.
  • 9S4483cf.png :platinum: Complete all currently released DLC of a game (games only count once, even if more DLC is released throughout the event).

Additional stats:

Available skips: 2

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 143

100% completed: 116

Completion: 68.63%

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +19

100% completed: +14

Completion: +2.66%

Stats after the event:

Platinum trophies: -

100% completed: -

Completion: -

Finally, I should say that I will not add any game for April's theme.

@xFalionx, good luck about all things you must do - like everybody have said, real life takes precedence. If necessary, I can help to keep this event up - this is the PSNP event I like the most, and it would be very sad if this event ended this way...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Enma8910 said:

Plat: LEGO Indiana Jone 2: The Adventure Continues

Which meets the theme and hardcore requirement this month.

This also meets a challenge to complete a game due to this event that I will not be playing anytime soon.

Nicely done. How cooperative was it for you? I gave up after it froze in the middle of/at the end of the first level four times.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Nicely done. How cooperative was it for you? I gave up after it froze in the middle of/at the end of the first level four times.

It was good overall I think it froze on me once or twice. And had fps drops on certain busy areas. Im glad it did not glitch on me. It took me some time to find the lego parts to purchase in build level mode but glad to get the 100% trophy without a glitch.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Enma8910 said:

It was good overall I think it froze on me once or twice. And had fps drops on certain busy areas. Im glad it did not glitch on me. It took me some time to find the lego parts to purchase in build level mode but glad to get the 100% trophy without a glitch.

Sounds about par for the course, then. Seems like all the Lego games are prone to freezing a few times. Awesome, I'm glad you didn't have any major problems! Nobody likes a glitched 100% trophy, and there were warnings for a couple others as well...

• Like 1