Monthly Madness (Formerly known as FYLTBE) [OLD THREAD]

Sorry for taking so long to update all of you, I've been pretty tired the last few days so I always kinda ended up pushing it to tomorrow, on the other hand I finally managed to get some progress towards ACIII even though I got sidetracked and just did some sidequests and explored the Frontier a bit despite wanting to do some story missions. I also tried out the new Wolfpack mode in the MP and I'm already pretty close to level 20. Seems like the MP is gonna be done really quickly in this game, even compared to Revelations. 

I've also managed to find enough caves for side missions that, while not for the hardcore theme, it should at least count towards the earth theme in general if that ends up winning next month. Besides that it's also a lot more focused on nature with an entire zone being basically entirely American wildlife before cities were built on that terrain, and nature is often portrayed by the element of earth.

I also ended up getting Tales of Hearts R and AC: Rogue on the last day of the Easter sale, since there's already a Telltale game in the PS+ lineup for next month. That was really a nice lineup by the way, while I would have preferred Abzu, Alienation looks like a flashy and fun Diablo clone and the Borderlands Telltale game is supposed to be one of their best games. Not that I could play those anytime soon anyways, but it's nice to know that I'll be able to play those games in the future. While it's nothing special Blood Knights sounds like a good way to kill a few hours in case there isn't anything better to play, and I'm really excited about Port Royal 3, since I grew up playing the second game and I didn't even know there was a third in the franchise. :D While that Laser Disco Vita game looks to be really difficult, I could see myself having fun with that and I think I'm really gonna like Type:Rider, I might even pause ACIII for a quick playthrough of that next week.

Anyways, sorry that I didn't have a countdown up in time, but the voting will end in a bit more than 9 hours, so make sure to get your vote in if you want to see anything besides Earth to win the race, as that theme is in a pretty big lead right now.

On 4/24/2017 at 0:43 AM, MarkusT1992 said:

Would that mean that The Walking Dead Season 2 counts for me? I finished the last episode on April 2nd. Since it's DLC it should count for the finish all DLC challenge if not for a gold star.

Actually, since we treat episodic titles without a platinum trophy a bit differently, you just earned yourself a platinum star but no DLC challenge completion. :) 

On 4/24/2017 at 8:43 PM, Zanreo said:

Another game for this month completed/plated: Taiko no Tatsujin V Version! So that would be... 4 games!

Also, do Project Platinum threads count as another "event"? Because in that case, the Neptunia games would count towards that (I'll go up a rank as soon as Rebirth 2 pops)

Sadly, since you only completed one trophy besides the platinum trophy this month, I can't count that one.

That's a good question, I never really thought of that. I guess I'll have to ponder about that a little more but for now I'm leaning towards no, since that would mean there are certain games (and a lot of them at that) which will always count for that challenge no matter what which is something I wouldn't want. After all that challenge is supposed to make you check out what the community has to offer besides this event. ^_^ 

On 4/25/2017 at 8:56 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Good luck on Real Life, it's a tough game that doesn't even have that many trophies unless you're going to grind the Sports or Entertainment mini-games. ;)

Seriously good luck though, and I'll make it easier for you and put you on the inactive pile in my event. If you only have a little bit of time available, it should be spent on gaming, not writing on forums and editing OPs.

So, I guess you'd prefer it if we keep track of our stuff ourselves, so that you can easily copy-paste it in a few months when you have the time? Someone taking over the thread doesn't work well I think because they can't edit your OP, they'd have to make a new thread altogether.

I'm confused by your explanation of skips so let's just say I won't use them, I've played Full Throttle and Late Shift for fun and they don't count for this month, so I also have not gained a star for the 'complete 4 games' challenge. That leaves me with this done in April:

As said, I'm prepared to keep track of my own stats so once you have time again in a few months, you can just check all the posts for correctness and copy-paste the most recent one.

Thanks, but you really didn't have to do that. :) No matter what happens Kingdom Hearts is still gonna be the next game I play after ACIII, since I really want that game as my 30th plat milestone, and I've been wanting to get back into the series for ages. Also, AC burnout is starting to hit me again, so no more AC games after III for a while. ^_^ And I don't really mind writing forum posts or editing OPs, if I have less time I'll try to keep my responses short to make up for that.

Honestly, with all of the copy+paste problems of the new editor and a few other things I think it's gonna be the easiest for me if all of you keep updating as usual. You could however do some little things to make it simpler for me like mentioning me in your post to make updates stand out more when I look through them, telling me what you're looking to earn with your game completion (ranks, stars, challenges, etc.) and posting your stats in a way that I can just copy them over.

Sorry if I've managed to confuse you, I'm not that great at explaining things since I like to believe that my mind works a bit differently than most peoples minds.

You could think of the skip as only affecting your rank, nothing else. If you were to use one of your skips you'd gain a second platinum star though, since you're basically pushing one of your games which already count towards the theme out of that rank spot into the star section and replacing that empty rank spot with your thematically unrelated platinum trophy.

Like I said, just keep on updating like you always do and all will be good. I won't keep you waiting for months, but don't be upset with me if I only end up updating the thread once or twice a week.

On 4/25/2017 at 2:14 PM, JoaoQuique said:

Little update: I finished Sly 2: Band of Thieves, granting me a Platinum Star for April and a Golden Star on "Retro game" challenge.

I think I'll do the same (specially because I had established a set of "personal rules" about challenges for myself... :lol:) - it will be quite simple for me, since I'd already track my personal progress on PSNP events on my Trophy Checklist.

So, my current progress (including Sly 2) is:

Reveal hidden contents

Monthly ranks:

1. 1Sf1d9b2.png :platinum:hYfrZR1.png January - Perspective - 3D Games
  2. 1Sf9dd86.png :platinum:Wa6fwNE.pngWa6fwNE.pngWa6fwNE.pnghYfrZR1.pnghYfrZR1.pnghYfrZR1.pnghYfrZR1.png February - Consoles - PS4 Games
  3. 1S66e8e2.png :platinum:hYfrZR1.png March - Random - Artistic Games
  4. 1Sbca347.png :platinum:Wa6fwNE.pngWa6fwNE.pngWa6fwNE.pngWa6fwNE.pnghYfrZR1.png April - Naming - Long Names (Hardcore Req.: 6+ words)
  5. :hidden: May - Elements 
  6. :hidden: June - Random 
  7. :hidden: July - Time 
  8. :hidden: August - Place 
  9. :hidden: September - Random 
  10. :hidden: October - Halloween 
  11. :hidden: November - Advancement 
  12. :hidden: December - Christmas

Challenge ranks:

• 13S9beefc.png :platinum:hYfrZR1.pnghYfrZR1.png Complete a retro game.
  • 1S740aa6.png :platinum:hYfrZR1.pnghYfrZR1.png Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.
  • :platinum:hYfrZR1.png Complete 4 games within one month.
  • 1S929415.png :platinum:hYfrZR1.pnghYfrZR1.png  Complete a game because of the event, that you would not have played anytime soon otherwise.
  • 1S86a2f3.png:platinum: Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.
  • 9S4483cf.png :platinum: Complete all currently released DLC of a game (games only count once, even if more DLC is released throughout the event).

Additional stats:

Available skips: 2

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 143

100% completed: 116

Completion: 68.63%

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +19

100% completed: +14

Completion: +2.66%

Stats after the event:

Platinum trophies: -

100% completed: -

Completion: -

Finally, I should say that I will not add any game for April's theme.

@xFalionx, good luck about all things you must do - like everybody have said, real life takes precedence. If necessary, I can help to keep this event up - this is the PSNP event I like the most, and it would be very sad if this event ended this way...

Congrats on your platinum star for April as well as your challenge star. :) Also, I noticed that you're missing a star for the 4 games challenge in your version of the OP, was that because of one of your custom rules, or is that a mistake?

Like with Billy, just continue updating as usual, that's probably the best for me personally. You can have a look at what I wrote to him if you want to make the updates a little easier for me, and make sure to include if any part of your update is influenced by your rules so I don't forget about them. ^_^   

I might have exaggerated a bit there, I'm not gonna end this event that easily despite what the real life is throwing at me. I was just pretty gloomy after hearing the news, and by now I've come to accept it more. Funnily enough, it turns out that besides the two things I was already afraid of, we now also have to move, which makes the first two things exponentially harder as I've now got the problem that I don't have a clue where I'll live whenever that happens, so I might end up having trouble to get there in the first place...

Anyways, I will only know the extent of my first problem in a week or so, until then I can't say much other than that you can expect me to respond slowly but surely to updates. In the worst case scenario, someone else might take over the thread but that would only be the case if it's even worse than I imagine it to be.

On 4/25/2017 at 6:10 PM, Enma8910 said:

Plat: LEGO Indiana Jone 2: The Adventure Continues

Which meets the theme and hardcore requirement this month.

This also meets a challenge to complete a game due to this event that I will not be playing anytime soon.

Congrats on your platinum rank and your two completed challenges. :) 

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Sorry for taking so long to update all of you, I've been pretty tired the last few days so I always kinda ended up pushing it to tomorrow, on the other hand I finally managed to get some progress towards ACIII even though I got sidetracked and just did some sidequests and explored the Frontier a bit despite wanting to do some story missions. I also tried out the new Wolfpack mode in the MP and I'm already pretty close to level 20. Seems like the MP is gonna be done really quickly in this game, even compared to Revelations. 

Collecting things in the Frontier is fun with a few exceptions, mainly those that require timed or wall jumps. xD And the game definitely counts for the earth theme with the whole nature and the underground sections. It's nice to hear that the online is rather short, keeps me optimistic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Collecting things in the Frontier is fun with a few exceptions, mainly those that require timed or wall jumps. xD And the game definitely counts for the earth theme with the whole nature and the underground sections. It's nice to hear that the online is rather short, keeps me optimistic.

It sure is, and the map is pretty large as well. I've yet to find more than 2 fortresses despite having been to all viewpoints already.

Yeah, I've played one public match of Artifact Assault and 4 matches of Wolfpack so far, and I'm already level 14, and only missing the trophy for reaching level 20 and the one that we were gonna boost together. But even that one seems to be doable solo, but it might take a bit longer than reaching level 20 without boosting.

Honestly, the trophy I'm the most afraid of is the one for winning 3 of the board games since the bots are really hard to beat.

Edited by xFalionx

25 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

That's a good question, I never really thought of that. I guess I'll have to ponder about that a little more but for now I'm leaning towards no, since that would mean there are certain games (and a lot of them at that) which will always count for that challenge no matter what which is something I wouldn't want. After all that challenge is supposed to make you check out what the community has to offer besides this event.

Ah, I see... maybe if you've already been a part of the event before that month and that game makes you go up a rank for that event, otherwise no?
Maybe I should try joining some more events... after all some games would count for several of them x3

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

It sure is, and the map is pretty large as well. I've yet to find more than 2 fortresses despite having been to all viewpoints alread

There are fortresses in Boston and New York, too. A good indication for them are the treasure chests which can be highlighted by using the map. So far I found two in the Frontier and two in Boston.

9 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

ah, I've played one public match of Artifact Assault and 4 matches of Wolfpack so far, and I'm already level 14, and only missing the trophy for reaching level 20 and the one that we were gonna boost together. But even that one seems to be doable solo, but it might take a bit longer than reaching level 20 without boosting.

Okay, this already answered the question I had asked you right now in the PM. xD Good to know then. As I will be mostly free on Saturday and without any duties I can concentrate on AC III then. Just have to get used to that multiplayer again.

11 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Honestly, the trophy I'm the most afraid of is the one for winning 3 of the board games since the bots are really hard to beat.

Only played one of the required games so far and I won after playing five or six rounds (the one against Achilles). It took me quite some time to understand the rules tbh.

• Like 1

Earth for the win! I'm pretty sure the Hardcore requirement for Earth applies to Dokuro. Takes place underground, but doesn't have the fire for the fire/hell requirement. Anyway, don't know if I'll start it so soon because I want to concentrate on finally platting Atelier Ayesha Plus for another backlog event. But who knows, I might be able to play both at the same time. But keep in mind, I'm not really good at doing that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zanreo said:

Ah, I see... maybe if you've already been a part of the event before that month and that game makes you go up a rank for that event, otherwise no?
Maybe I should try joining some more events... after all some games would count for several of them x3

I think that would be too complicated to be useful. Also, having multiple reasons for a game to be eligible for a challenge still won't get you more than one challenge star per challenge per game. ^_^ 

3 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

There are fortresses in Boston and New York, too. A good indication for them are the treasure chests which can be highlighted by using the map. So far I found two in the Frontier and two in Boston.

Only played one of the required games so far and I won after playing five or six rounds (the one against Achilles). It took me quite some time to understand the rules tbh.

Oh right, I didn't even think of that possibility. 

Yeah, some of them are pretty complicated. I won't have trouble with Morris since we have that game at home, but at least one of the others is really damn complicated. Though I'll probably stay away from them until I'm done with the story as I've read that it won't count the win if you're on a mission. 

@xFalionx, I've managed to platinum The Sims 3 a few days ago so that's another star done!^_^ I'm now moving onto Watch_Dogs and doing a bit of Harvest Moon which will count for next months theme as you have to plant crops into the Earth and then harvest them, among all the other things in the game:)

Stats:

Platinum - 63 (+1)

100% - No Change

Completion Percentage - 78.52%

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
Added Completion Percentage
  • Like 2

So Earth is in the lead, hm... Gotta see if I have any games related to that theme (voted Air myself as that would be a good opportunity to get back to Gravity Rush)

Current stats:

Platinum trophies: 17 (+2)

100% completed: 6 (+1)

Completion: 52.69%

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

@xFalionx, I've managed to platinum The Sims 3 a few days ago so that's another star done!^_^ I'm now moving onto Watch_Dogs and doing a bit of Harvest Moon which will count for next months theme as you have to plant crops into the Earth and then harvest them, among all the other things in the game:)

Stats:

Platinum - 63 (+1)

100% - No Change

Completion Percentage - 78.52%

Congrats on that platinum star. :) 

Updated you and @Zanreo.

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 1

On 27.4.2017 at 3:02 PM, xFalionx said:

The one against Archilles was the hardest for me. I even had to look at a guide to beat him. Fortunately he always does the same turns if you do one.

I got yet another platinum. Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek. That's the last game for the 4 games challenge plus a star for the hardcore challenge.

I'll add a picture later for the 4 games challenge you can use.

@xFalionx

That was everthing for this month for this event. Next I want to play more Yooka-Laylee and get the plat as my 30th.

Here are my stats for now:

Platinum trophies: 29 (+4)

100% completed: 22 (+0)

Completion: 48,21% (+1,64%)

So here's the picture: xpe3Phw.png

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, xFalionx said:

(...)

Congrats on your platinum star for April as well as your challenge star. :) Also, I noticed that you're missing a star for the 4 games challenge in your version of the OP, was that because of one of your custom rules, or is that a mistake?

Like with Billy, just continue updating as usual, that's probably the best for me personally. You can have a look at what I wrote to him if you want to make the updates a little easier for me, and make sure to include if any part of your update is influenced by your rules so I don't forget about them. ^_^   

(...)

No, you're right - on my own listing I "disconsidered" the 2nd set of 4 games of February. And don't worry, I will let you know when you can grant me golden stars for challenges.

Now I will wait for May - if "Earth" is chosen, it can be a great chance to finally clear Pixeljunk Shooter...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Thanks, but you really didn't have to do that. :) No matter what happens Kingdom Hearts is still gonna be the next game I play after ACIII, since I really want that game as my 30th plat milestone, and I've been wanting to get back into the series for ages. Also, AC burnout is starting to hit me again, so no more AC games after III for a while. ^_^ And I don't really mind writing forum posts or editing OPs, if I have less time I'll try to keep my responses short to make up for that.

If you want I can add you to active participants again when I edit the OP there. Didn't want you to feel obligated to continue on my event if you had new stuff to play as well.

Honestly, with all of the copy+paste problems of the new editor and a few other things I think it's gonna be the easiest for me if all of you keep updating as usual. You could however do some little things to make it simpler for me like mentioning me in your post to make updates stand out more when I look through them, telling me what you're looking to earn with your game completion (ranks, stars, challenges, etc.) and posting your stats in a way that I can just copy them over.

Will do!

Sorry if I've managed to confuse you, I'm not that great at explaining things since I like to believe that my mind works a bit differently than most peoples minds.

You could think of the skip as only affecting your rank, nothing else. If you were to use one of your skips you'd gain a second platinum star though, since you're basically pushing one of your games which already count towards the theme out of that rank spot into the star section and replacing that empty rank spot with your thematically unrelated platinum trophy.

I still don't get it but never mind, I don't want to use skips any more. Whatever I play that works, counts.

Like I said, just keep on updating like you always do and all will be good. I won't keep you waiting for months, but don't be upset with me if I only end up updating the thread once or twice a week.

Once or twice a week? I barely get that done for my events!

• Like 1

On 06/04/2017 at 5:32 PM, xFalionx said:

Well, from that I gather that it would count towards the hardcore requirements of Air and Earth (tracks in the sky/ in a cave(mine)) for water you'd need to have something actually underwater. I know there used to be underwater sections on some tracks in some of the newer Kart games where your car would transform into a sort-of submarine car but I'm not sure if that's in 8. If that's the case then it would also count for Water (or if there are tracks that are actually at least partially set underwater, something like a glass tunnel through water would also count). For fire it would count as a normal entry, but not for the challenge. 

Playing through the game now and it definitely counts as hardcore for everything except Hell.

Earth - caves, as mentioned before.

Water - you go underwater in several levels and your kart 'transforms', gains a propeller at the rear.

Air - jumps that are so long your kart deploys a delta glider, parashute, or other and sails through the sky, as well as several tracks high up in the air.

On 06/04/2017 at 5:32 PM, xFalionx said:

You should also keep in mind that to achieve 100% completion in Mario Kart 8, you'd probably need to complete the Grand Prix in all difficulties, as well as unlock every character which might prove to be a challenge. ^_^ 

Apparently, all cups and characters are unlocked at once except for one character.

I need to do all cups on all dificulties with three stars anyway. According to the guide below, all that's left after that is getting 10K coins as well as beating all time trials on 150cc for the final two car parts.

• Like 1

Things have been too busy between work, travel, and Persona 5 to trophy hunt much, so I'm going to burn a skip and claim Actual Sunlight as my 100% for the month.  Hopefully things slow down a bit soon, so I can get a plat for next month!

Platinum trophies: +11

100% completed: +5

Completion: +5.03%

• Like 1

Might as well give my update now...

I didn't finish anything thing else that qualified for this event since my last update mid-month.  Got the plats for completing Demon Gaze (painful experience) left over from the KYC event last month and on Deponia (better than expected). 

Other than that, just some trophies on Risen 3 and started back into Final Fantasy X for Billy's "What's that doing..." event.

Overall, here's my new stats changes during the event...

Platinum trophies: +16

100% completed: +3

Completion rate: +0.46% (yay, back on the plus side)

Looking forward to next month and we'll see what I can come up with for it.

• Like 1

April Summary 

Got one new Plat : Greg Hastings Paintball 2 

- another event (KYC1) 

And two 100%:

The Secret of Monkey Island 

- another event (Billy's) 

- retro

- Game I wouldn't have.... 

I am Alive

- another event (KYC3) 

And several other 100% that don't count for various reasons. Still sore about Monkey Island 2 since it qualifies for hard core. :(

Plats: 115

100%: 36

Comp%: 72.8%

Looking forward to the earth requirement for next month. I have 3 games close that all should count for the hard core easy. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

Getting a head start on May's game, Dokuro. Was trying to see if I could finish 2 stages in one sitting. It seems I cannot as I get too frustrated with myself and the controls. I was already halfway through Stage 5. So I should have the plat in a couple of weeks.

While I play Dokuro, I'm hoping to finally finish Ayesha Plus and maybe start Meruru...for the 3rd time. Not because of boredom, but because I got distracted.

• Like 1

@xFalionx - hope all your real life stuff works out for the best.  I really like this event, so if I can help you out at all in keeping things running smoothly, let me know.

My game for April was Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky

- Hardcore theme (seriously, what a snappy title)

- Wouldn't have played it anytime soon if not for this event

- Also qualifies for Billy's backlog challenge

I'm tentatively planning to take part in Platinum Rain Day if I can get a decent set of games together, so I haven't gone for the last trophy yet.

Next month... well, back when I first saw the general 'Elements' theme, I had the bright idea to try and platinum (or at least finish) Divinity: Original Sin, since the magic system is heavily based on the elements and their interactions, you interact with living elementals, the main plot in one of the regions is about the elements being out of balance, etc.  It's a massive, complicated, slow-moving game with some extremely delicate trophy requirements so it's a bit daunting, but I think I'll still give it a shot.

Edited by Fitzquaid
  • Like 1

I went ahead and implemented some changes for the event. There's a reason for that but I'll get into that later today or tomorrow, as it will take me a while to explain and I have some things to take care of today. 

• I finally found a fitting name for the event, we're now known as the Monthly Madness.
  • I made a new banner that can be used all year, since I won't be able to keep making new banners each month. The image is from Stardew Valley, and I think it turned out pretty well.
  • I implemented @BillyHorrible's active and inactive participants idea. I liked the idea in the first place and it would be fitting for a long running event like this. From now on, if you tell me to put you into the inactive section or you don't respond when I post the reminder for people who haven't earned a monthly rank yet, I'll move you to that list. I'm sorry for both @Lucas and @Crimson Idol whose lists have been deleted before this feature was implemented. I put myself on that list because I don't really have the time to participate anymore.

And while we're at the topic of reminders, those are the people who still have a bronze rank for April:

Also, next months theme is now officially Earth.

On 4/27/2017 at 9:12 PM, MarkusT1992 said:

The one against Archilles was the hardest for me. I even had to look at a guide to beat him. Fortunately he always does the same turns if you do one.

I got yet another platinum. Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek. That's the last game for the 4 games challenge plus a star for the hardcore challenge.

I'll add a picture later for the 4 games challenge you can use.

@xFalionx

That was everthing for this month for this event. Next I want to play more Yooka-Laylee and get the plat as my 30th.

Here are my stats for now:

Platinum trophies: 29 (+4)

100% completed: 22 (+0)

Completion: 48,21% (+1,64%)

So here's the picture: xpe3Phw.png

Congrats on your new platinum star, your challenge completion, and your challenge star.

Have fun with Yooka-Laylee. I wish I could play this game as I've grown up with Banjo Kazooie and Tooie. 

On 4/27/2017 at 10:07 PM, JoaoQuique said:

No, you're right - on my own listing I "disconsidered" the 2nd set of 4 games of February. And don't worry, I will let you know when you can grant me golden stars for challenges.

Now I will wait for May - if "Earth" is chosen, it can be a great chance to finally clear Pixeljunk Shooter...

Alright, fixed that then.

Good luck with Pixeljunk Shooter. It's a nice and fairly challenging game, and I had lots of fun with it.

On 4/28/2017 at 0:57 AM, BillyHorrible said:

If you want I can add you to active participants again when I edit the OP there. Didn't want you to feel obligated to continue on my event if you had new stuff to play as well.

Actually, now that I've thought about it please leave me on there. I came to the conclusion that all of these events make me spend more time on gaming than I can afford to spend these kinds of things, so that should serve as a help to fix that.

On 4/28/2017 at 7:25 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Won't count towards anything except my stats, but platted HDN Re;Birth2. I didn't enjoy it as much as the first remake. I'm hoping the third game goes on sale again this summer. 

Updated your stats, then.

14 hours ago, Komrade_Konrad said:

Things have been too busy between work, travel, and Persona 5 to trophy hunt much, so I'm going to burn a skip and claim Actual Sunlight as my 100% for the month.  Hopefully things slow down a bit soon, so I can get a plat for next month!

Platinum trophies: +11

Completion: +5.03%

Alright, that's a gold rank for you as well as one less skip.

14 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Might as well give my update now...

I didn't finish anything thing else that qualified for this event since my last update mid-month.  Got the plats for completing Demon Gaze (painful experience) left over from the KYC event last month and on Deponia (better than expected). 

Other than that, just some trophies on Risen 3 and started back into Final Fantasy X for Billy's "What's that doing..." event.

Overall, here's my new stats changes during the event...

Platinum trophies: +16

100% completed: +3

Completion rate: +0.46% (yay, back on the plus side)

Looking forward to next month and we'll see what I can come up with for it.

Congrats on getting your completion back in check, I've updated you. 

10 hours ago, Hemiak said:

April Summary 

Got one new Plat : Greg Hastings Paintball 2 

- another event (KYC1) 

And two 100%:

The Secret of Monkey Island 

- another event (Billy's) 

- retro

- Game I wouldn't have.... 

I am Alive

- another event (KYC3) 

And several other 100% that don't count for various reasons. Still sore about Monkey Island 2 since it qualifies for hard core. :(

Plats: 115

100%: 35

Comp%: 72.74%

Looking forward to the earth requirement for next month. I have 3 games close that all should count for the hard core easy. 

The only new thing I see in there is the plat, so congrats on your new platinum rank as well as another challenge star.

2 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Getting a head start on May's game, Dokuro. Was trying to see if I could finish 2 stages in one sitting. It seems I cannot as I get too frustrated with myself and the controls. I was already halfway through Stage 5. So I should have the plat in a couple of weeks.

While I play Dokuro, I'm hoping to finally finish Ayesha Plus and maybe start Meruru...for the 3rd time. Not because of boredom, but because I got distracted.

Good luck with that, sounds like you don't really like the game. 

27 minutes ago, Fitzquaid said:

@xFalionx - hope all your real life stuff works out for the best.  I really like this event, so if I can help you out at all in keeping things running smoothly, let me know.

My game for April was Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky

- Hardcore theme (seriously, what a snappy title)

- Wouldn't have played it anytime soon if not for this event

- Also qualifies for Billy's backlog challenge

I'm tentatively planning to take part in Platinum Rain Day if I can get a decent set of games together, so I haven't gone for the last trophy yet.

Next month... well, back when I first saw the general 'Elements' theme, I had the bright idea to try and platinum (or at least finish) Divinity: Original Sin, since the magic system is all about elements, you interact with living elementals, one of the regions is all about the elements being out of balance, etc.  It's a massive, complicated, slow-moving game with some extremely delicate trophy requirements so it's a bit daunting, but I think I'll still give it a shot.

Thanks for the offer and the wishes. :)  Like I said above, I'll be going into some upcoming things later today or tomorrow.

Congrats on your new platinum rank, completion of the two challenges, and another challenge star.

Good luck with that. I don't know about Original Sin but one of the earlier games in the franchise (Divine Divinity) used to be one of my favorite games to play growing up. Probably another big influence in my appreciation for RPGs. Even nowadays I sometimes pick it back up and start another playthrough every now and then. ^_^ 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

@xFalionx, don't know about anyone else, but I'm still playing/earning trophies. I'll update later tonight.

@xFalionx I'm not earning trophies at all :D

Finished up Uncharted 4 on Wednesday, did half of Specter Of Torment on the Switch on Thursday, and just past midnight on Friday I started the download for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe B)

• Like 3

@xFalionx I'm going to have to use a skip for this month. I tried to get Uncharted 4 ready by tomorrow but unfortunately I ran into a glitched trophy for collecting all of the treasures in the game. I collected every treasure but the statistics in the game got screwed up, which is what the game looks at, for the trophy to pop. I'll have to do another playthrough to get the platinum so there's no way I'll be able to finish it by tomorrow. I'd like to use Lego Dimensions as the plat image for this month. 

By the way, since I never got a chance to say it, I hope everything works out over the next couple months and we can see you back soon. 

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 1

Here i am!
Updating stats so far:

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 73

100% completed: 42

Completion: 62.61%

Platinum trophies: +12

Completion: +2.10%

Platinums this month are:

Everybody's gone to the rapture (dug this up from the PS+ leftovers for the sake of the month's theme, does it count as challenge completed?)
Deponia
The Book Of Unwritten Tales 2 (does it count for the hardcore challenge?)
Adam's Venture Origins

100% of the month is:

AdVenture Capitalist

• Like 1