The hardest type of trophy

MoreTheVictim

Hardest type of trophies  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What type of trophy do you consider to be the hardest?

• Co-op/Online
    • Luck/Random based
    • Hardest difficulty
    • Timed objectives
    • Hardest difficulty combined with condition (no dieing, falling, etc)
    • Timed objectives combined with condition (no dieing, falling, etc)
    • Hardest difficulty combined with time limit
    • 100% completition
    • Grinding Items/Skill/Level, etc
    • Play time
    • Missable
    • DLC
    • Other

Anything that has to do with more than two or three people. Whether it be an actual game or boosting, it's just hard as hell getting multiple people on the same page. For some reason there's always one person that has their own agenda. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about accidents. Everyone's gonna mess up every so often. It's those people that show up to a boost and act like it's a real game or vise versa.

• Like 3

I agree multiplayer trophies where you have to rely on others to help achieve them can be really frustrating, but after recently finishing Uncharted: Golden Abyss and grinding for those damn bounties my vote went to Luck/Random based trophies, the annoyance and rage is still fresh in my memory >.<

Edited by JennifairyW
  • Like 1

Had to choose the luck/random since with the difficulty based trophies you can at least get them with effort while the random ones can just become tedious and repetitive moreso when there is no challenge at that point in the game as well as the fact you could be playing for days and not have them appear or even longer.

• Like 1

My least favourite trophy are ones that require 4 or more players. Examples: Tower of Babble in Black Ops 2, Bling Brigade in Wipeout HD. I really don't have that many friends, and trying to get them all to play at the same time can be even more frustrating. What makes these worse, is that for some of them you need 4 or more good players, not just 4 or more bodies.

• Like 1

I hate online trophy like the next person. One that requires two or more people can be a pain in the ass at times. Everyone needs to be on the same page not having some king of agenda against you. Even if you have competent people to play with, there is that dreadful leg that will impede your progress as well. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is a good example of such issues.

I think random (see uncharted golden abyss) or stupid online trophies. Now not all online trophies are bad, just ones like Win 50 games in Blokus...ok no one plays Blokus so to play 50 games is impossible. but if you want to boost that that means 100 games because you have to win 50 of them.

Any online trophies that requires other people to do specific things are a pain. Luck based ones are annoying. Grinding trophies aren't too bad, unless it's an unreasonably excessive amount which makes it tedious. And for me, timed trophies of any sort are frustrating as I generally like to do things in a more relaxed manner.

All this makes me wonder why I enjoy trophy hunting in the first place. :blink:

I must be crazy! :lol:

• Like 1

Ordinarily I would vote online trophies without hesitation but with real life creeping in more and more I find that anything which involves massive amounts of time to be the biggest hurdle. Rarely do I have more than a couple of hours at a time to devote to games anymore. I'm going to finish MGS2, mostly because I've already put so much time into it, and after that kiss those tedious hour wasters goodbye for good.

Edited by Cthulu26

Voted online trophies because you can't expect to earn them forever...especially ones that require multiple players.

I also hate luck based ones too because it will take an indefinite amount of time. :(

Generally, I'd also agree with Stevie with time based ones, but Mirror's Edge changed that for me this year! :D

• Like 1

I would definitely say it's luck based/random & grinding trophies for me, the luck based/random ones are more tedious and irritating than anything, especially if you have multiple accounts, I get pretty annoyed if I get a luck based trophy quickly on one account, but then have it take ages on another. Grinding trophies are only "hard" for me because of I don't like doing the same thing over and over and over again just to get one trophy (the main reason why I haven't gotten back to getting the platinum for Demon's Souls, since I want to do it without duping).

Slightly Off-topic, I enjoy going for any trophies that fall into the Highest Difficulty + Time Limit & Highest Difficulty + Conditions, because I love challenging myself (Don't bother challenging me to either hit 3000 trophies and/or 20 platinums by years end, someone I know has been trying to do that for a while, and I've refused every single time, because I do not see it as challenging (I see it as tedious, because I would not call myself a trophy hunter), I know I will eventually get to the aforementioned milestones).

Edited by Blanc_WhiteHeart

I think it can be hard to gather more than 4 people for trophy boosting. But if you try harder and find more people to add, It's all possible. It's just a matter of time.

So I voted for "Hardest difficulty combined with condition" because this kind of trophy is skill-based/talent-based.

Edited by JKDdragonwithin

The ones that really get me are the EXCESSIVE grinding trophies, esp. when the game is not that great in the first place. I can "tolerate" them to an extent but sometimes it just too much. For example, my brother platnumed Bleach soul ignition. I couldn't stand the damn game. I got my "play for 50 hours" trophy and was done (it took my brother over 250 yrs to plat).

For me,the worst are the missable ones.I want to play a game completely in my own way and not stick to the trophies until I finish the story.Those trophies are really annoying and can spoil the game easily..

For me,the worst are the missable ones.I want to play a game completely in my own way and not stick to the trophies until I finish the story.Those trophies are really annoying and can spoil the game easily..