Boosting Problem

Please,,,,,,I get Gaming Sessions

But Why is it a problem on making a thread on game boosting

I get what you guys do, but how is a thread hurting you

The Boosting Sessions only work on current One Forum

Here's my Question:

Why do you delete simple work

Wait, should I go elsewhere for friendly players

The main reason is that a boosting thread is only of interest to the person who created it and the few people he can attract to boost with him. 

The admin here would rather the forum is used for discussion, and that there are not a gazillion useless threads that are used for a few days and then discarded, never to be used again. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, JadeShark said:

Please,,,,,,I get Gaming Sessions

But Why is it a problem on making a thread on game boosting

I get what you guys do, but how is a thread hurting you

The Boosting Sessions only work on current One Forum

Here's my Question:

Why do you delete simple work

Wait, should I go elsewhere for friendly players

What Stricken said.

You don't have to go anywhere else. The dedicated Boosting Sessions section have has all the communication the forum threads do with all the friendly players from the site. Why would you need to go elsewhere? Deleting it keeps the search results clean when searching and keeps the games pages clean without a bunch of locked boosting requests threads.

Take an older, popular boosting game like Uncharted 2 for example. At this point, with the game being 7-8 years old, there would be thousands of pointless threads sitting in the game's forum from boosters years and years ago.  The relevant, informational threads would be buried under mountains of boosting threads.

Boosting sessions are a moment in time, once the people have connected, there is no reason to have it be recorded for years and years. 

• Like 2

Some members abuse this site because of the boosting and gaming sessions.I notice alot of them creating sessions every week different games just to rush to get trophies because they only care about themselves and their trophies.Mabe there's a whole huge community of friendly people and not just for boosting. 

34 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

The main reason is that a boosting thread is only of interest to the person who created it and the few people he can attract to boost with him. 

The admin here would rather the forum is used for discussion, and that there are not a gazillion useless threads that are used for a few days and then discarded, never to be used again. 

THE MAIN REASON

It's a one post

I  We get it, but you have to know it doesn't work

AND somehow making a post hurts others

I'm sorry,,,, I will easily find people on another website

Feel free to yell at me

Somehow the PSN people are assaulted by a physical thread

14 minutes ago, JadeShark said:

THE MAIN REASON

It's a one post

Feel free to yell at me

You make a new topic about boosting and then someone else makes a new topic about boosting and so on and the clutter just adds up. Even when there are pinned boosting topics like there are on PST people will still make new topics because they don't care. They'll post in the official one and then immediately make a new one as well because they feel the newer topic will be easier to see, even though the pinned topic is the very first one so figure that logic out. There are still plenty of options to use here, gaming sessions, some games do have official topics, posting a status update that you're looking to boost a game, all of these seem to work pretty well from what I've seen.

The "PSN people" are not assaulted by a "physical thread". I doubt the PSN people even care about a digital, not physical, topic since PSN has nothing to do with this site.

Every site has rules and just by using the site, whichever site it may be, you agree to follow them, regardless if you like the rules or not.

Edited by GalrenStormbow

7 minutes ago, GalrenStormbow said:

You make a new topic about boosting and then someone else makes a new topic about boosting and so on and the clutter just adds up. Even when there are pinned boosting topics like there are on PST people will still make new topics because they don't care. They'll post in the official one and then immediately make a new one as well because they feel the newer topic will be easier to see, even though the pinned topic is the very first one so figure that logic out. There are still plenty of options to use here, gaming sessions, some games do have official topics, posting a status update that you're looking to boost a game, all of these seem to work pretty well from what I've seen.

The "PSN people" are not assaulted by a "physical thread". I doubt the PSN people even care about a digital, not physical, topic since PSN has nothing to do with this site.

Every site has rules and just by using the site, whichever site it may be, you agree to follow them, regardless if you like the rules or not.

Actually, boosting threads are not in the forum rules.

Even though the powers that be want us to use gaming sessions, there is no hard and fast rule that boosting threads cannot be used.

As for the OP, I have what is hopefully a helpful suggestion: if you want to maximize exposure to your boosting session, maybe create a gaming session for it, and then put the link in a status update. Status updates appear on the forums, thus reaching the same amount of people as a thread would. Hope this helps.

Edited by ShogunCroCop
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, JadeShark said:

THE MAIN REASON

It's a one post

Feel free to yell at me

It's a one post until there's hundreds of them inactive buried in the thousands of threads.

Gaming sessions are easy since you don't need a forum account to use them (I think so??) and they get removed automatically sometime after the session has ended.

Also no one is attacking you or yelling at you, just explaining a rule the site has.

You are free to use other websites if you please but they most likely will have their own rules you have to get used to.

20 minutes ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Even though the powers that be want us to use gaming sessions, there is no hard and fast rule that boosting threads cannot be used.

It's not listed in the rules because those are the ones that give warning points. Sly or one of the mods said that at one point, but I'm not finding it with the search function.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

It's not listed in the rules because those are the ones that give warning points. Sly or one of the mods said that at one point, but I'm not finding it with the search function.

Good call. And I am just being nitpicky when I pointed out the rules.

The bottom line is it is the wishes of the site owner for everyone to use gaming sessions. And if we respect each other ad the site and those that run it, we follow those instructions, which almost all of us do. However, I don't think we have a right to be annoyed when a noob gets on here without knowing that is a rule and immediately creates a boosting thread. I get that those are the rules that give warning points, but maybe a general rules and guidelines of non warning points can be also given, so that noobs know not to start threads on boosting.

But that is venturing into a different topic of discussion, for another day.

No one is attacking or assaulting another here. Boosting sessions are a great way to get just a couple people together and play a game, whereas OFFICIAL boosting threads can sometimes be a few hundred pages long. Sure, you can post your name and what you're boosting in there, just be sure to bump it every now and then if you still need help. A boosting session perfectly replaces a whole individual boosting thread, and the official boosting thread also adds onto that. The system here is more fleshed out and easier to connect with people than on PST or even the now-dead PS3T. I love it. And when you think about it that way, it's going to be harder finding other players on another site because of this. You do you, man, it's your game time, but like many have said, the system is efficient, and probably more so than any other site

• Like 2

The people are just trying to explain how it works. None of them are yelling. You just don't seem to understand or don't want to understand how easy and simple it is to use gaming sessions.

Even in some outer site you will have to do the same. 

2 hours ago, JadeShark said:

THE MAIN REASON

It's a one post

Feel free to yell at me

I'm sorry if something I said offended you in any way. That was absolutely not my intention and there is no reason for you to feel either sorry or aggrieved in what I said. That's just the way it is here and I was trying to explain it to you. 

I hope you'll come back and give these forums another go because, if you do, you'll find that we are a nice bunch. 

For the record, I'm not very nice...if you don't like boosting sessions here and like another site, use it...perhaps you'll find like-minded people and everyone is happy...the system here is unique, intentional, works for many people and I doubt it will change for your wants or needs...the douchey attitude taken when people are trying to help you out by answering your questions makes me think perhaps becoming a member/using another site might benefit us all...gamefaqs perhaps?...

17 hours ago, doordie19822015 said:

Some members abuse this site because of the boosting and gaming sessions.I notice alot of them creating sessions every week different games just to rush to get trophies because they only care about themselves and their trophies.Mabe there's a whole huge community of friendly people and not just for boosting. 

Why wouldn't you rush to get trophies done?  Several of these games have an expiry date, servers shutting down, etc. as well as being a huge backlog for many boosters.  It's a good thing to want to get a lot done.

Now, if you're simply looking for (friendly) friends to play with, there is sections for that, as well as gaming sessions have a "cooperative" setting if that's what you're looking for too. 

I won't deny that there's plenty of selfish boosters out there.  You just need to blacklist them and never play with them in the future. 

16 hours ago, totallycrushed said:

Gaming sessions are easy since you don't need a forum account to use them (I think so??)

Yes you do.  You need an account on this site. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

3 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Yes you do.  You need an account on this site. 

I do know that. I guess I meant you don't need to be a forum member/user to use the gaming sessions.

Then again I vaguely remember making separate accounts for signing in to PSNP and to the forums... It's been a while though so I could be wrong.