Grand Signature Tournament III - Round 2 [RESULTS PHASE]

cmgravekeeper

Oh wow, many gorgeous entries. Kudos to everyone! Some really hard decisions to make here. 

Matchup I: Umbreon 

Matchup J: Espeon (but Darkrai was very very close! I almost needed a coin to decide here, haha. However, I went with Espeon as I like the blending a little more, but it's really only about personal taste) 

Matchup K: Drowzee 

Matchup L: Diancie (Tough decision again. Arcanine is pretty awesome, too. Cool effects, good choice of renders, it's all in all a very good and clean work. I just thought that there was too much going on in the background and so I've been a little distracted from Arcanine and Diancie) 

Another thing I like to mention: It seems like almost all participants (except for the display ones) decided to go with a signature about friendship instead of a battle one. That's awesome and shows how close the graphics community is to each other!) 

Edited by Izularia
  • Like 3

Wow, so many great sigs. Had to use the good ol' coin flip method to decide.

Matchup I: Umbreon

Matchup J: Darkrai

Matchup K: Drowzee

Matchup L: Diancie

Special mention to Articuno's display sig :yay: .

On 21-1-2017 at 2:58 PM, Izularia said:

Another thing I like to mention: It seems like almost all participants (except for the display ones) decided to go with a signature about friendship instead of a battle one. That's awesome and shows how close the graphics community is to each other!) 

That's also the thing I noticed. I expected to see all kinds of sigs about pokemons battling each other.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Izularia said:

8 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That's also the thing I noticed. I expected to see all kinds of sigs about pokemons battling each other.

That's pretty much I decided for this round. The more friendly they looked the less I liked the sig. While none were bad as sigs I just didn't like the theme.

I basically had to coin flip for the Diancie/Arcanine matchup because both were just too friendly lol. For Drowzee/Blaziken what won me over were the pokemon's hands being covered in their respective element/type.

• Like 1

Matchup I

Lucario, the artwork is a really good match here. I like the background used, but feel like you could have done without the brush tools. Text could have done without the drop shadow effect.

Umbreon, still not the quality of a signature I expect from you but I do like the FX even though it's very simple. I feel like you could have done some work to help blend in Lucario, he has a bit of yellow lighting on him but there's no where on the signature that shows where this could be coming from. I do like the use of shiny Umbreon though. Text is decent.

My vote goes to Umbreon.

Matchup J

This is a close match up.

Espeon, your signature is nice looking for most part, but I'm not into the low-res FX you are using and I feel like some of it is overdone. The lower half uses very low quality C4D and I can't take my eyes off them when I look at your signature because  they also differ in color. The text and layout is fine though but the FX honestly ruins it for me.

Darkrai, liking this signature a lot. :D It reminds me so much of Pokemon cards (I recognize that text). Liking the FX here, the blending is really nice.

My vote goes to Darkrai.

Matchup K

This one was decided the moment I looked honestly.

Drowzee, I like the FX a lot in your signature and how you blended the characters in, but I'm not a fan of the random Pokeball or the stuff you have done with the text, that's a bit much, but there is a lot more work evident here than with your opponent's signature imo.

Blaziken, this signature is kind of simple, looks like a standard place renders onto background job. The text isn't really doing anything here.

My vote goes to Drowzee.

Matchup L

Tough matchup here.

Diancie, omfg that is the cutest artwork of Arcanine ever. It reminds me of my own dog. I like the FX here and both the pokemon are well blended in. Text is nice too.

Arcanine, your signature is good as well but I feel in the end of the day you could have went less detailed with the background. Good work though, if anything, the text work is giving you the edge here.

My vote goes to Diancie.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

That's pretty much I decided for this round. The more friendly they looked the less I liked the sig. While none were bad as sigs I just didn't like the theme.

I basically had to coin flip for the Diancie/Arcanine matchup because both were just too friendly lol. For Drowzee/Blaziken what won me over were the pokemon's hands being covered in their respective element/type.

I'm liking this friendly theme the sigs have.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DEMON said:

Matchup I

Lucario, the artwork is a really good match here. I like the background used, but feel like you could have done without the brush tools. Text could have done without the drop shadow effect.

Umbreon, still not the quality of a signature I expect from you but I do like the FX even though it's very simple. I feel like you could have done some work to help blend in Lucario, he has a bit of yellow lighting on him but there's no where on the signature that shows where this could be coming from. I do like the use of shiny Umbreon though. Text is decent.

My vote goes to Umbreon.

Matchup J

This is a close match up.

Espeon, your signature is nice looking for most part, but I'm not into the low-res FX you are using and I feel like some of it is overdone. The lower half uses very low quality C4D and I can't take my eyes off them when I look at your signature because  they also differ in color. The text and layout is fine though but the FX honestly ruins it for me.

Darkrai, liking this signature a lot. :D It reminds me so much of Pokemon cards (I recognize that text). Liking the FX here, the blending is really nice.

My vote goes to Darkrai.

Matchup K

This one was decided the moment I looked honestly.

Drowzee, I like the FX a lot in your signature and how you blended the characters in, but I'm not a fan of the random Pokeball or the stuff you have done with the text, that's a bit much, but there is a lot more work evident here than with your opponent's signature imo.

Blaziken, this signature is kind of simple, looks like a standard place renders onto background job. The text isn't really doing anything here.

My vote goes to Drowzee.

Matchup L

Tough matchup here.

Diancie, omfg that is the cutest artwork of Arcanine ever. It reminds me of my own dog. I like the FX here and both the pokemon are well blended in. Text is nice too.

Arcanine, your signature is good as well but I feel in the end of the day you could have went less detailed with the background. Good work though, if anything, the text work is giving you the edge here.

My vote goes to Diancie.

Your detailed comments always amaze me :yay: .

• Like 2