PSN Name Change Could Be Coming Soon?!

ratchet404

So i have been wondering and wanting to do this for awhile now but i thoguht i would givw it a quick google search to see if there is any news and updates on it and i came across this article that was posted just a few days ago...

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/732974/PS4-update-PSN-name-changes-user-ID

If this turns out to be true then we could have the ability to change our account names very soon for those that would want to :D

p.s i wonder how that would work on here and if we would have to re-buy premium on the new account name... hmmm, thoughts for the future.

1 minute ago, totallycrushed said:

Kinda' sure there was a topic about this when the UE4 patch released.

You sure it was few days ago? :D

ahahaha, oops i have no idea why but i thought that said January 17th at first, must be because im tired and its 5:30am xD 

6 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

Kinda' sure there was a topic about this when the UE4 patch released.

I believe this is the thread you were talking about.

There's been rumours about this forever of course, but the latest evidence makes it seem extremely likely. I'm positive they're working on some way to implement that feature. I'll believe it when I see it, though. I've been let down too many times. :P

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 2

Ahhh i do apologise, i didn't actually realise there was another thread regarding this topic.

I do hope its something that will be implemented soon though because if that article is older than i thought it was then maybe it could be in the very near future that we will get to see this as an available option?

3 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

There's been rumours about this forever of course, but the latest evidence makes it seem extremely likely. I'm positive they're working on some way to implement that feature. I'll believe it when I see it, though. I've been let down too many times. :P

Basically lol

But Sony is going to start publicly beta testing PS4 Firmware 4.50 since sign-ups started a few weeks ago, so you never knoooowwww....

PSN name change rumors are slowly becoming the "Half-Life 3 confirmed??" rumors of PSN. The only difference is my hopes still get high when I see PSN name change threads. I hope it winds up being true soon, as I don't want to become pessimistic about it.

I know the name I want, and as of now it's still available. The second this option ever becomes a thing, I'm jumping at it, setting my Xbox name to it, and then, assuming Nintendo are as stupid as Nintendo is, I'll be setting my new Nintendo account with the name too, as I doubt my old one's gonna carry over.

... I've grown to not even hate the stupid name I had no intention of keeping over the years, but it bugs me because there's some other loser, from Australia no less, who uses the name on everything. There's some guy named stoogebagged on PSN and I can only assume it's him. His Twitter and Facebook URLs use the bloody thing, and he goes by it elsewhere too. Why in the holy blue fuck would you be PROUD of a STUPID name like stoogebag? I can live with it, I don't care, it was only a joke for me anyway, not a name I thought I'd ever use, let alone nearly a decade later, but this dickhead is proud of it? It's such a stupid god damned name, fuck dude.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

@Super-Fly Spider-GuyMan you've been screwed over big time with your username then :( I got lucky on my username when I created it on XBL and it wasn't been used on any other site. Though I tend to use shortened version of 'totallycrushed' on social media sites.

I literally just thought of the first dumb thing I could when I wanted to download a demo of Star Wars Battlefront off the PSP PSN store. The fact it was already in use by someone else at that point is said enough, but that 8 and a bit years later they are STILL using it, that's just sad man. It's not even a cool name. It's so far beyond shit. I'd honestly just keep it for the lulz, but on the off chance someone may Google my PSN and find that loser instead of me.

I made the PSN "AJ_Radio" at the beginning of 2013 prior to me playing Red Dead Redemption because I wanted something that wasn't going to have a bunch of numbers at the end, because all the cool usernames I wanted were already taken due to there being millions of PSN accounts.

As much as I want to change my name to something better, if this update does happen I'm probably going to stick with what I have. I made the mistake on Runescape to change my name half a dozen times, and I ended up losing long time friends that were on my friends list for nearly an entire decade. Really wish that didn't happen.

For those who want a name change, kudos to you all.

I am the one who mentioned this rumour months ago. And it's still didn't happen yet, how many years have we been waiting for this feature?

Maybe the upcoming software beta 4.5 this February will make it happen. This is MY expectation from this major update. But yet, I would NOT change my PSN ID unless I'm 100% sure that doing so will NOT make me loose all my purchases and Trophies! I'll let people testing and take consequences for me. :awesome:

Apparently, it's really going to happen and I couldn't  be happier! I've been waiting for this for so long and I never lost hope. I don't want to create too many expectations though. I guess we'll find out soon and then it's time to party, if it's true! :D

19 minutes ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

I am the one who mentioned this rumour months ago. And it's still didn't happen yet, how many years have we been waiting for this feature?

Maybe the upcoming software beta 4.5 this February will make it happen. This is MY expectation from this major update. But yet, I would NOT change my PSN ID unless I'm 100% sure that doing so will NOT make me loose all my purchases and Trophies! I'll let people testing and take consequences for me. :awesome:

I don't think it would make you loose any purchases or trophies otherwise it would just make sense to make a whole new account really haha.

11 minutes ago, GoldenSurprise said:

Apparently, it's really going to happen and I couldn't  be happier!

Has this been 100% confirmed by Sony somewhere i have not seen it or are you just going by the rumours that are going around?

9 minutes ago, Penguin_Alex said:

Has this been 100% confirmed by Sony somewhere i have not seen it or are you just going by the rumours that are going around?

Well, people say that these rumours are more believable and justified than past rumours about this matter. I think Sony has been at least trying to find a solution to bring this feature to us, since they have asked about this in surveys and they know how much their gamers want to be able to change their PSN ID's. But no, it's not confirmed or I wouldn't have said "apparently". For now, it's just a stronger hope. :D