What's your dream holiday destination?

Thrintus

for me, it'd have to be either Borneo, Russia or New Zealand

Borneo because of the beautiful jungles, waterfalls and foliage in general

Russia because of my love for Russian art and architecture

New Zealand because of (need this be said?) the lord of the rings. would love to visit the many locations where they filmed

how about you?

(if a similar thread exists, my apologies. the search function mentioned nothing though)

• Like 1

The top 3 places I would like to visit would be:

Galapagos - I hear that it is beautiful, and to see the forests and animals would be awesome.

Egypt - Ancient mythology has always been interesting to me, and Greek, Norse and Egyptian mythology have always been the most interesting.  Also to see all the amazing structures that they have built would be cool as well.

Australia - Mostly to see the Great Barrier Reef, but that may be a lost cause in the not too distant future.

• Like 2

For me it was always Ireland. I have loved their culture for a long time, the country looks gorgeous and the people are amazing as well. I just haven't had the chance to visit the Emerald Isle. Hopefully in the near future.

Apart from Ireland, Iceland and New Zealand have been a huge draw for me as well. Just so I won't be just naming countries, if there is any city I'd want to visit, it would be Brugge. Where the fuck is that? It's in Belgium.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, QuinlanLJ said:

For me it was always Ireland. I have loved their culture for a long time, the country looks gorgeous and the people are amazing as well. I just haven't had the chance to visit the Emerald Isle. Hopefully in the near future.

Apart from Ireland, Iceland and New Zealand have been a huge draw for me as well. Just so I won't be just naming countries, if there is any city I'd want to visit, it would be Brugge. Where the fuck is that? It's in Belgium.

great choices! ireland is also definitely on my bucket list. and was that... was that an In Bruges reference? god i love that movie, even though i may be biased :hmm:

4 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

The top 3 places I would like to visit would be:

Galapagos - I hear that it is beautiful, and to see the forests and animals would be awesome.

Egypt - Ancient mythology has always been interesting to me, and Greek, Norse and Egyptian mythology have always been the most interesting.  Also to see all the amazing structures that they have built would be cool as well.

Australia - Mostly to see the Great Barrier Reef, but that may be a lost cause in the not too distant future.

3 wonderful choices! galapagos... that is where charles darwin researched tortoises, right? or am i mistaken.

and i hear you about the great barrier reef... we might need to buckle up soon, if we ever wish to see it

• Like 2

Just now, Bubblyfishes said:

3 wonderful choices! galapagos... that is where charles darwin researched tortoises, right? or am i mistaken.

and i hear you about the great barrier reef... we might need to buckle up soon, if we ever wish to see it

Yes, the Galapagos is where Charles Darwin did a lot of his research.

Just now, Sir_Bee said:

Yes, the Galapagos is where Charles Darwin did a lot of his research.

yeah, i know he did a lot with birds too, for example. the reason i mentioned tortoises is because somewhere between 2000 and now, one of darwin's tortoises passed. unbelievable how old those creatures get.

• Like 1

4223923954_798672d372_b.jpg

Hat Maya, the beach from the movie The Beach

Unfortunately, it's a national park, so I don't think you're allowed to overnight there or that there are any facilities? I think you have to take a day trip.

Still, I could always go hide in the jungle and go native.

Thanks for the photo David Min! 

Maui, Hawaii. It's got so many amazing remote locations, but also has access to some luxurious stuff. The Road to Hana was amazing and biking down a volcano for the last 6,000 feet after watching the sun rise from above the clouds at over 10,000 feet on top of the volcano was amazing. 

Can't wait to make it back again.

@Bubblyfishes good thread idea! 

1- Japan (not tourist area) 

2- France (I'm French so it makes sense) 

4- Hawaii (non tourist area) 

5- New Zealand (beauty) 

3- Antarctica (for 2 days, for the experience) 

2 hours ago, StrickenBiged said:

4223923954_798672d372_b.jpg

Hat Maya, the beach from the movie The Beach

Omg my friend years ago while in film school in NY made us watch that movie. We all hated it lol. I don't even remember what it was about. I blocked out the memory

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubblyfishes said:

great choices! ireland is also definitely on my bucket list. and was that... was that an In Bruges reference? god i love that movie, even though i may be biased :hmm:

I wondered if anyone would get it :D It was, not the most subtle way, but yeah ... In Bruges is probably my favourite black comedy film and one of the reasons I fell in love with the town. You're biased because you're Belgian or are you in any other way tied to Brugge?

43 minutes ago, QuinlanLJ said:

I wondered if anyone would get it :D It was, not the most subtle way, but yeah ... In Bruges is probably my favourite black comedy film and one of the reasons I fell in love with the town. You're biased because you're Belgian or are you in any other way tied to Brugge?

it's more than just my favourite black comedy - it's easily in my top 20 of all time. good taste you got there! ;) and well, mostly because i'm belgian myself, but brugge is such a wonderful city... a hidden european gem, if i may.

12 hours ago, Bubblyfishes said:

it's more than just my favourite black comedy - it's easily in my top 20 of all time. good taste you got there! ;) and well, mostly because i'm belgian myself, but brugge is such a wonderful city... a hidden european gem, if i may.

Great taste, until we find out that I don't like the other 19 of your favourite films :D I'm joking of course, but I get what you mean with "a hidden European gem". I come from one or at least a lot of people visiting my hometown say it is. Never see the town in the mainstream lists though. In case you're wondering my hometown is Ljubljana, capital of Slovenia. Just putting it out there :D

1. Alaska. I'd love to hire a motorcycle and ride the Dalton Highway from Fairbanks to Prudhoe Bay. 

2. Svalbard, Norway. A fishing village and the world's most Northerly inhabited settlement (excluding research bases and camps). Anyone want a postcard from the World's most Northerly post office? 

3. Now that I think about it, pretty much anywhere in the Arctic. For the scenery, exploration and aurora borealis. :wub:  

4. Antarctica. See above. 

I guess most places that are generally remote or largely unknown/unexplored. I like seeing nature in the harshest conditions, and how people adapt to survive and even thrive in those conditions but also for the exploration and discovery aspect. I like the feeling of being somewhere far away from everything, where few people have ever been. I consider myself to be very curious and adventurous so being in that kind of environment excites me, Arctic environments in particular. 

• Like 2