Why does this mission exist!?

Mile High Club on Veteran

I'm nearly close to getting Platinum for this game, but it was such a struggle today. I've had my share of terrible luck with COD missions but for fuck sakes, this mission is by far the worst. I don't remember struggling this much on any other mission before.  I've played this mission more than 100 times today and only got close to beating it like 5 times. God fucking damn this mission. 

Edit: I did the glitch and the trophy popped up, no need to post on here anymore lol

Edited by Oreo-_-Milkshake

Well, back in the day (well, not TOO back, we're talking about 2007), not all games used to be easy/forgiving. Mile High Club is what makes COD 4 not easy at all but, to be honest, the veteran campaign was as frustrating: I completed it on PS3 some years ago, I completed it in PS4 yesterday (and got the platinum) but I didn't remember how frustrating it can be (No Fighting on the War Room is REALLY frustrating, you get shot from virtually ALL directions in a maze-like series of corridors..., yeah).

My strategy for Mile High Club (as well as for the "Best of the Squad" trophy) was watching several different video tutorials to learn different types of movements, timing as well as enemy selection - you don't acually need to kill every enemy, just stun them and your squad will kill them, but the AI can be spotty a good portion of the time. As you only have one minute, you'll virtually have NO room for error, and even then, there's some randomness to it (the first group of enemies you face doesn't always march towards you in the same manner, that's why usually the Flashbang you throw doesn't always stun all of them, giving them a chance to kill you). Even then, practice is really the only way to do it legitimately, as in-game cheats disable trophies, although I've heard some people say that practicing with the Slow Motion cheat enabled helped them to fine-tune their aiming and timing in the most difficult sections.

Now, if you REALLY want to get done with the trophy, you can always do the difficulty glitch (works as of Patch 1.07) to go through the mission in Recruit and reload the last checkpoint in an "special" manner to change the difficulty to Veteran. I personally haven't done it (it took me a little longer than a month to platinum this game, so it wasn't easy), but it's an option you can choose (I've read about it in the guide in this page), should you want to get that done quickly.

Hope that helps.

Edited by DPJUST14
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Oreo-_-Milkshake said:

Mile High Club on Veteran

I'm nearly close to getting Platinum for this game, but it was such a struggle today. I've had my share of terrible luck with COD missions but for fuck sakes, this mission is by far the worst. I don't remember struggling this much on any other mission before.  I've played this mission more than 100 times today and only got close to beating it like 5 times. God fucking damn this mission. 

Just use the glitch, after completing the game on any difficulty go into "chapter select" put it on easy once that is done play up to the point where you get to do the headshot on the enemy do not take the shot quickly close the application on your PS4 (be very quick have the quick menu open before you do it just incase) reload the game but then select Veteran diffuctly you will see it now as a open then it will reload the checkpoint at the headshot take the shot and done trophy is yours credit to Stay Patient trophies!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DarkSoleride said:

Just use the glitch, after completing the game on any difficulty go into "chapter select" put it on easy once that is done play up to the point where you get to do the headshot on the enemy do not take the shot quickly close the application on your PS4 (be very quick have the quick menu open before you do it just incase) reload the game but then select Veteran diffuctly you will see it now as a open then it will reload the checkpoint at the headshot take the shot and done trophy is yours credit to Stay Patient trophies!

You sure this glitch works with the current version of the game?

• 8 months later...

TBH it wasn't that hard for me, but even if it was, that would make it the only trophy in the game that's anything other than piss easy to begin with. Like, what's the point of a plat if it's given to you for just playing on hard and collecting 20 odd easy to spot collectibles? 

• 2 years later...

MHC looks easy if you compare it to No Fighting In The War Room, the last part of Heat, or trying to do better than IW's record time on the F.N.G. drill. It took me just a few tries on Hardened... now I need to finish Veteran and go for it there. With something this short, figuring out a pattern to do it legitly shouldn't be too tough.

5 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

MHC looks easy if you compare it to No Fighting In The War Room, the last part of Heat, or trying to do better than IW's record time on the F.N.G. drill. It took me just a few tries on Hardened... now I need to finish Veteran and go for it there. With something this short, figuring out a pattern to do it legitly shouldn't be too tough.

Come back after you have done it. I can tell you it is insanely tough.

9 minutes ago, BubbleJayGum said:

The Veteran difficulty in this game is atrocious. You can't rely on skill when playing on it. You can only rely on luck. And that's awful!

Yep, the game basically decides when an enemy can instantly three burst you to death from across the map or not. It becomes frustrating on missions that require you to push and your AI team mates just sit back and watch you get slaughtered lmao. 

Thankfully it was only really bad on 3-4 missions. 

• Like 1