People Who Clicked 10k Times But Didn't Platinum

Kizer26

Currently, as of me writing this, there are 10,553 people with the "My Name is Mayo" trophy, which is the platinum trophy.
There are 10,577 people with the "An Ingredient to Rule Them All" trophy, which is the 10,000 click trophy.
I'm curious about the 24 people, who pressed the button 10,000 times, but did not get the other trophies, which together only require about 4,360 clicks. Those people incessantly clicked, but didn't click where they needed to for the platinum and then just didn't go for the platinum.

• Like 2

The reason I'm curious about them is that they stopped playing, as I don't see 24 people currently going for Platinum that already clicked 10k times. Normally that wouldn't surprise me, but honestly most people playing a 0.99$ USD about clicking a jar of mayo, a game mind you with a 97.3% Platinum rate, are going for that platinum. Why put down the game once you're so close? The whole game, start to finish with no guide only took me 20 minutes to platinum, so I'm curious about those who clicked 10k and just stopped :P

9 minutes ago, Greenshyguy said:

Another reason could be not wanting to pollute their "fastest platinum" milestone with this game.

Why would you say this is polluting someone's fastest platinum milestone. That's strong terminology for a platinum. Even if it is easy and you like challenges there are several other games that are easy and would therefore "pollute" in the same manner. Day of the tentacle, hitman GO, Lara croft GO, majesties spiffing, etc.

16 minutes ago, serialkilla1987 said:

Why would you say this is polluting someone's fastest platinum milestone. That's strong terminology for a platinum. Even if it is easy and you like challenges there are several other games that are easy and would therefore "pollute" in the same manner. Day of the tentacle, hitman GO, Lara croft GO, majesties spiffing, etc.

Neither of these takes 30-40 minutes so obviously Mayo would become the fastest Platinum of player's profile.

The only players that do not need to worry about this are those who synced Sound Shapes =D

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I clicked 10k times, but didn't realize that I needed to do the extra outfits and what not as well, so I ended up platting at around 15.5k I think

That happened to me the first time. Had to do an extra 3-4k.

3 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I think it's a worth sacrifice =D Now you don't need to care about screwing up your fastest Plat xD

I guess so. Having it as 2 different milestones just irks me, though. :/

On 29/01/2017 at 7:12 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Neither of these takes 30-40 minutes so obviously Mayo would become the fastest Platinum of player's profile.

The only players that do not need to worry about this are those who synced Sound Shapes =D

I ensured I got at least one trophy on each platform around a day before I synced for the platinum. 

• 8 months later...

I would like to think that they are helping a new generation of trophy hunter start out. i.e. Someones young child. The hunter knows they can plat it at any time so its not a threat to their account and jr gets to have fun helping out.

Edited by SkillsXIII

I think the game would have an even larger completion rate if there was some sort of notification that you could change the outfits or something, because some individuals may not be willing to look at the trophy list. Then again...My Name is Mayo is infamous for a reason so a lot of people purchase it and might not even start it. #curseofthebacklog

• 2 weeks later...

Do people who drag games like Lara Croft GO and Hitman GO into this discussion automatically assume everyone uses walkthroughs for them? I solved nearly all the puzzles in those games myself (looking at a guide for hints when I really got stuck) and some were pretty tough to be honest. They looked good on my Vita, were certainly enjoyable and took some effort and brain power to beat.

Now someone will probably bring up my Energy Cycle plat but oh well. I used the "press X repeatedly" glitch there, it's true! And I am about to exploit the hell out of Far Cry Classic boy, so watch me go! It will be easier than clicking a jar of mayo! :D

• 2 months later...