cockfighting bets

Mr_Skirra

so.. After literally trying for 3 hours, doing multiple strategies (brawler vs grappler, betting on the underdog, etc.) , I've won a total of 3/65 matches. Really. 3. 
Do you guys have any other trick of getting this? I'm nearly to the point of smashing my controller over a luck based minigame that is supposed to be a 50% win chance. 
I've never experienced anything more ridiculous in a minigame before. 

On 26/3/2017 at 9:11 AM, HaserPL said:

I remember that I didn't had any problems with this trophy and I have x2 platinum. For me it worked to just always choose the same cock. It was the best for me.

That middle sentence made me laugh so hard xD

OT: glad you got it, luck based trophies are a pain, believe me, I know.

• Like 4

• 9 months later...

For the record, the one with lesser wins always seems to have better odds. So bet on the loser a sum that can be doubled. If you win, save and bet the same sum again; if you lose, double the bet for a second shot. If you win that one, go back to betting the base sum (just so you can double up if you lose). If you lose again just reload and repeat.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2018-04-01 at 10:40 AM, LunchCannon54 said:

Why they based a required in game skill task on something that is 100% luck is beyond me and it's completely and utterly stupid. Thank god the Definitive Edition allows you to ignore this entirely barring one cockfight. 

It's not as "stupid" as you might think. Randomness in computer alghoritms are not truely "luck based" since they're just pseudorandom.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudorandomness

So if you're a bit PATIENT this trophy would basically unluck for any player that not been glitched for. I did it multiple times on different PS3 (a few times) and I never had a problem with it. And I have several friends (current or previous friends) whom only one complained but also got it after being a little bit persitant. And no, it's not a "huge grind" we're talking about here.

On 10/29/2018 at 6:59 PM, A-Rebirth said:

It's not as "stupid" as you might think. Randomness in computer alghoritms are not truely "luck based" since they're just pseudorandom.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudorandomness

So if you're a bit PATIENT this trophy would basically unluck for any player that not been glitched for. I did it multiple times on different PS3 (a few times) and I never had a problem with it. And I have several friends (current or previous friends) whom only one complained but also got it after being a little bit persitant. And no, it's not a "huge grind" we're talking about here.

I honestly don't know why you'd bother getting pedantic and hostile over something like this. The player has no control over the outcome of the fights and the results can differ greatly even choosing the same rooster against the same opponent, so for all intents and purposes it is random and down to chance. It should not be included as a skill based reward when there is absolutely no skill involved. I noticed that it indeed did not take me as long on the PS3 version as it did on the 360 version, though.