Cant get Platinum !

DiscoOmi_XD

So i played the game on normal and completed all sidequests and yesterday i started a new game + to get the other trophys and the platinum. As i started the game crashed after 15min. I started again and it crashed after 5min. I got pissed off and deleted the game and reinstalled it but the game keeps crashing. Now i dont know what to do i want the platinum really but i cant get it if this game keeps crashing ! I am about to fight the Guardian boss but the game crashes after the sequence begins. The game is buggy as hell too but i tried to look forword but the crashes are killing my patience.

That is the weird thing. I have heard of it being buggy but I think I only crashed once when I got the plat. Have you tried to restore your PS4 database? It doesn't delete anything. Has helped me before when a game was crashing.

10 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

It may be something with your console. Check if it's not too hot.

7 minutes ago, skateak said:

That is the weird thing. I have heard of it being buggy but I think I only crashed once when I got the plat. Have you tried to restore your PS4 database? It doesn't delete anything. Has helped me before when a game was crashing.

As these guys says. It's probably your PS4. In fact, it's likely either your HDD or RAM. More likely your HDD. Try to restore the database, if that doesn't work, it may just be your HDD. You could try some other game to verify. Does it make any strange noises? Any ticking sounds? Does it sound like it constantly tries to read something over and over?

Edited by MMDE

Just now, MMDE said:

As these guys says. It's probably your PS4. In fact, it's likely either your HDD or RAM. More likely your HDD. Try to restore the database, if that doesn't work, it may just be your HDD. You could try some other game to verify.

I had experience with some games just glitching and others don't with damaged HDD. Some games have a unique way to be saved on HDD. It may be just this game. 

4 hours ago, DiscoOmi_XD said:

I got a brand new ps4 pro so i think my ps4 is ok the game is the problem its crashing every time. My other games working fine without crashes.

Do you have boost mode on? My pro sounded like a jet engine with it on for Darksiders 1, turned it off and it went back to normal.

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, soultaker655 said:

The same thing is happening to me as well.

I think they didn't really test NG+ all that well. I'm in the Kingdom of the dead and the game just keeps crashing.

Yeah the new game + seems to be the problem in this game. In my first playtrough i played so well without any crashes but as a i started a new game + after 5 min the crashes started. I will never get the plat so it doesnt matter for me know i just deleted the game and selled it as well too :D 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The game crashes badly to the point of making it unplayable. On my PS4 Slim the crash takes down the whole console. Whole system just turns off. There are threads already over Playstation.com about what it does to the slim. I can't get too far into it due to it constantly turning off my system. 

EDIT: After some research it seems this is limited to the slim and pro hardware in general. The game runs just fine on the original PS4.

Edited by thistleboy

• 4 years later...

I really wish I had looked into this before buying. I get why SONY removed Cyberpunk, but this game actually crashes the PS4 machines. I'm gutted as I wanted to get back into the franchise and nabbed the games up on sale. Fucks sake man. Have devs got so bad that they can't be arsed breaking new games and instead go around breaking old games now too?

23 minutes ago, ZealousZealot said:

Some people claimed that turning off the damage numbers in the options menu reduced crashes.

Maybe. I dunno man. I'm just getting sick of new games being broken to shit and now they're breaking the games that worked. Pretty fucking disgraceful to be honest. And I take it they never bothered to fix any of the issues?

Interesting. I played Darksiders 2 last year for normal and new game + run and I hadn't experience a single crash while being on PS4 slim. Not sure how I got lucky since I didn't even know this was a problem. 
I haven't seen any mention of difference between disc and digital, which might also play a part in it. I played the digital version. 

2 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Interesting. I played Darksiders 2 last year for normal and new game + run and I hadn't experience a single crash while being on PS4 slim. Not sure how I got lucky since I didn't even know this was a problem. 
I haven't seen any mention of difference between disc and digital, which might also play a part in it. I played the digital version. 

See this is why I am so torn. I loved the game on original release, but after seeing all these posts all over the net its pretty heartbreaking to see what had become of it. So after the comment checking I decided to check Youtube. First vid the game crashed in the guys intro sequence but it was for PC, then watched as he kept turning off options in the menu. I then managed to find a vid from around a year ago and for a PS4 Pro Youtuber who said the game crashed once. I then tried it on my alt account and all those fond memories of the game came flooding back. I got to the part where you accept the quest to reignite the forge and then switched off. 

Right now I am really torn. I can handle a crash, it sucks in this day and age, but even major PS4 AAA games crashed early in my profile but not had any for a while. Even on Mass Effect Andromeda which is supposed to give people a lot of shit. But after going through Darksiders and finishing it this morning I really, really wanna get into this game. If there were no trophies I'd say f**k it and handle the crashes. But then you have specific trophies like the 1-100 straight crucible wins and if it crashed I would lose my shit, go find it, then stuff it in the PS4.

But then I did more checking up and it might not all be the devs fault. It could actually be a hardware thing for the PS4Pro and Slims. 

Did you go for the 100% completion or just got what you wanted and had no issues up to that point?

Edit

Fuck it. Whatever happens, happens. But it could be the deciding factor if I continue to support this dev team or not. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

Played and finished this game some years ago while playing on PS4 Pro.

Was okay, only had 5 crashes or so where the game closed with one of the typical generic error codes. Started the game again and nothing was lost.

Also the PC version seems to crash a lot, according to this site: 

Now that I found this link, I remember that I also disabled the damage numbers. Seems to be a good start, since the recommendation to disable the damage numbers is older then the post on Reddit is.

Also, it is a game which THQ Nordic publishes. And all games THQ Nordic publishes are known for crashes. ?

Edited by Geridian
Info
  • Like 1

I'm now at the lord of bones mission or whatever its called. You basically have to find three dead lords and bring them to him. During the second lord my game froze, nothing to dramatic and so I just reloaded the game without having to shutdown the PS4Pro or anything. Loaded the game back up and only seemed to have lost about 20 seconds worth of progression. 

Not had anything since and I am now at somewhere called the Pyschomatghiksdkjaskjsgdjkskasuaksusfgckuasg. Yeah that place. 

• 1 year later...

Either the game or my console are still in a state of dysfunction - realised today that, despite being fairly sure the notification popped up, my theoretically unmissable "Lord of Bones" story achievement hasn't been correctly recorded. I've had the issue before in other games and can generally force them to sync by using the console notification, but no luck this time because I got other trophies after that point. I'm hoping it'll pop on my NG+ run, otherwise I guess it'll be a raw playthrough to get it. I hate when these things don't work properly.

1 minute ago, darkjian92 said:

Either the game or my console are still in a state of dysfunction - realised today that, despite being fairly sure the notification popped up, my theoretically unmissable "Lord of Bones" story achievement hasn't been correctly recorded. I've had the issue before in other games and can generally force them to sync by using the console notification, but no luck this time because I got other trophies after that point. I'm hoping it'll pop on my NG+ run, otherwise I guess it'll be a raw playthrough to get it. I hate when these things don't work properly.

If you were on PS5 and saw the notification, it’s actually a really common problem that is resolved by just waiting:

This is on my PS4 Pro. I'm super vigilant on the PS5 issues having seen them go down, but the PS4 ones I've been unable to resolve. I had another one happen a few weeks ago while playing Control, and in that case it popped again when I rebooted the game, so I imagine it's something broken on multiple levels, but I have no idea how to resolve it.

Edited to add: they don't seem to record against my local achievements when this happens, either, so if the notification disappears/is superseded, I've needed to re-earn in the past. So far that hasn't been too traumatic, but 20 hours into a game is a frustratingly long time to wait.

Edited by darkjian92