Should i buy a PS4 or an Xbox One?

damian103ea

Like others have said check out the exclusives and see which console has ones that appeal to you. If you play with friends a lot then go for the Xbox One.

Though if you can afford it just get both then have all the exclusives and forget you even have friends lol.

Edited by feral611

PS4 absolutely blows Xbox One away in terms of exclusives. If you're a fan of Japanese games then the PS4 has a massive advantage too. They only reason to get an Xbox One is that you don't care about PS4 exclusives as it still gets all the multi platform titles.

• Like 1

I am a Playstation person. I have a PS4, PS3, and Vita. I bought them all later in their lifespan after the price dropped. I like the smaller controller, the feel of the system, the available games, and it just feels more comfortable for me. I do wish the PS4 controller wasn't always on, it really drains the battery if I am watching Netflix and such, so the PS3 or Xbox are better for that. I will say the trophy system for Playstation is more satisfying as well. I am not really motivated to finish the games I start on Xbox the way I am on the Playstation. This could be a positive or negative thing, haha! 

My husband prefers Xbox. He prefers the console and its set of games including Forza, plus the larger controller is more comfortable for him. If you use a headset for multi-player, too, he prefers the Xbox's setup and I absolutely agree on that count. His Xbox is the Day One Edition. He gifted away his Xbox 360 that Christmas once he upgraded, and with the Xbox backwards compatibility he no longer regrets that decision.

We both have both consoles, of course, because the Elder Scrolls guild is on Xbox and Playstation has No Man's Sky. The family that plays together stays together, right? He has Xbox Gold (and I use his primary console), I have PS+ (and he plays on my primary console).

It's all a preference thing. People can say why they prefer what they prefer, but ultimately it comes down to your definition of fun, and your priorities.

I don't have a lots of knowledge about Xbox as I never owned an Xbox platform before but if you only care for games I think the ps4 got you covered for this, there's like hundreds of different types of games from all over the world been developed for the ps4 and yet there's more exclusives on the way.

if you only cared for online multilayer where you just wanna have fun with your friends online and laughing and talking all day long both will offer you this yes, but since you said that most of your friends have an XBONE then get the XBOX at least you can exchange games with your friends too.

despite that the ps4 is the best choice for you on this, but it's still felt like an awkward situation if you're the only person around your friends who have a ps4 where all your friends have an XBONE's and been playing all day together online without you.  

Edited by yellowwindow7

On 4/28/2017 at 2:17 PM, damian103ea said:

One one hand the PS4 has Uncharted, The Last Of Us and The Last Guardian. But on the other hand Xbox has Forza Horizon 1,2 and 3. And also had Sunset Overdrive.

I've thinking of buying an Xbox One because more of my friends have it but, what do you think?

So what kinda games do you enjoy OP? You named a racing game series..and a new open world game...I assume you like racing games? since you had to bring up 1 2 and 3 of it. If that is the genre you like, then go all for it for a XBONE. But it seems PS4 has more diverse exclusives. Oh and, don't rely on friends to get one thing, it doesn't mean they will play with you much. You'll probably find new friends along the way. Either choice I'm sure you'll end up ok. Since I choosed SONY, I never even bothered to look at what MICROSOFT has to offer. So whether they have amazing exclusives now I wouldn't know or care. My home is SONY, just care about making my home better. Choose one and just enjoy it.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

Where I live, everyone had a PS4 and Playstation has always been more popular here, which was one of the reasons I went with it along with having RPG exclusives which is what I mainly play. I'd say look at what games you want to play and see what system they are on. I know that the PS4 is better in terms of RPG's like Persona 5 and Kingdom Hearts which are not available on Xbox, which has a different set of exclusives that might be worth looking into before you decide.

However, if your friends are using Xbox and you want to play multiplayer with them, then Xbox may be the better choice for you. 

Cost is another thing. I pay 5145 yen (around $50) per year for PSN plus. On the EU store its €50 per year. You get monthly free games for as long as you keep your membership, and the games vary depending on the region. The consoles cost around the same each although you can find cheaper ones second hand. I got my new PS4 slim in the Boxing day sale which was €249 with two free games, but it climbed back up to €349 now.

The PS4 Pro and VR are two other features to consider if you are interested in that, although I'm not sure if Microsoft is also planning on releasing a VR head set. 

I'm probably biased in recommending the PS4 as I've only ever own Playstations and have always been more satisfied with them and much prefer the PS exclusives like Disgaea, Persona, Tales, KH etc. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SolarCat02 said:

I do wish the PS4 controller wasn't always on,

You can turn the controller off.

Hold :ps: -> Sound/Devices -> Turn Off Device

12 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

PlayStation gets map packs 30Days earlier, So if you play CoD and you have xbox, your new map is already old as fuck

L

O

L

On 4/28/2017 at 5:17 PM, damian103ea said:

One one hand the PS4 has Uncharted, The Last Of Us and The Last Guardian. But on the other hand Xbox has Forza Horizon 1,2 and 3. And also had Sunset Overdrive.

I've thinking of buying an Xbox One because more of my friends have it but, what do you think?

I love when people ask this kind of question on a Playstation site lmao!!!!

On 4/28/2017 at 5:51 PM, marvelboy10 said:

(Original) I will say buy a PS4. Why? Crash Bandicoot remastered. Nuff said end of story. And also PS4 has more exclusives to offer compared to Xbox One. Again it's your choice but these are some of the things to consider.

(Updated) I will say buy a PS4. Why? Jak and Daxter 1080p. Nuff said end of story. And also PS4 has more exclusives to offer compared to Xbox One. Again it's your choice but these are some of the things to consider. 

This would have meaning and significance only if CBIT was a PS exclusive itself ?.

(Definitive answer) I will say buy a PS4. Why? Jak and Daxter Tetralogy 1080p, Uncharted Trilogy Remastered + Uncharted 4 + Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, and The Last of Us Remastered  + (upcoming) The Last of Us Part II. Nuff said end of story. 

Edited by Jak

You will be always in doubt, because some people will tell you too go for PS4, and others to XBOXONE... And in a playstation forum, of course more than 50% will tell you to go for ps. My personal opinion ?? go for playstation without any doubt!! But, just think like that:

- What games i have on PS4!
- What games i have on XBOX!

- For what i want a PS4/XBOX
- What is more interesting.
- What is better for the future (sometimes, this matters too).

and what i like more...

I hope that helps you ;)

23 minutes ago, FlareXV said:

I would say "Wait for E3", it's too late to buy an XB1 or PS4 with E3 on the horizon. My personal opinion would be buy both.

Are you kiddin'? Thats the primo time to buy it! Slashed prices with the new models on the horizon! Hell, thats when I bought all of MY consoles. (In fact, nows the time to start saving up for Xbox1 slim. Sunset Overdrive has been on my wait list for FAR too long).

So yeah, manage your finances and go for BOTH. That way, you'd never have to choose between the two.