Should i buy a PS4 or an Xbox One?

damian103ea

If you're the kind of person who has more fun playing with friends then I'd go for the Xbone. 

In my neighborhood more kids had an xbox/360 and it never swayed me to get one because I enjoy gaming the most when I'm alone, or on the rare occasion my brother and I co op. Aside from Fable no other games even looked interesting to me so I stuck with my ps2. (I had 1 friend who had a ps3 and an xbox/360 so I played a bit of all 3 at his house a lot)

If you're more into gaming by yourself, and you seem to have given yourself more variety by wanting a ps4 than you did with the Xbone, then I'd go with a PS4.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

If you're the kind of person who has more fun playing with friends then I'd go for the Xbone. 

In my neighborhood more kids had an xbox/360 and it never swayed me to get one because I enjoy gaming the most when I'm alone, or on the rare occasion my brother and I co op. Aside from Fable no other games even looked interesting to me so I stuck with my ps2. (I had 1 friend who had a ps3 and an xbox/360 so I played a bit of all 3 at his house a lot)

If you're more into gaming by yourself, and you seem to have given yourself more variety by wanting a ps4 than you did with the Xbone, then I'd go with a PS4.

NVM, I can't read.

If you enjoy playing online I would go with the PS4 as there are more units sold than the Xbox One so a larger install base.  If you prefer to play solo then pick the system with the exclusives that interest you.

Check this out OP:  http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_Games_vs_Xbox_One_Games

Go from there.  Also consider the OS, the pay for online/free games programs, VR, performance, price, 4K, and so on.  

I forgot to mention Bloodborne.

Edited by angelgrievous

I will say buy a PS4. Why? Crash Bandicoot remastered. Nuff said end of story. And also PS4 has more exclusives to offer compared to Xbox One. Again it's your choice but these are some of the things to consider. 

Edited by marvelboy10
  • Like 1

I would tell you to go for the PS4, obviously, since it has amazing exclusives and it's a great system. 

But

You need to consider this:

• Do I prefer PS4 exclusives over Xbox?
  • Would I rather play with or without my friends (This for me is the most important aspect, you should always play with your mates :) ).

Good luck and have fun with your future console :)

Just now, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

He states in his post most of his friends have the Xbone...that alone can determine what he does if it means he's going to be playing with them online.

Unless he just wants to fit in...in which case...pffffffttttttttttt.

Yeah, I saw that afterwards and edited my post.  ugh.

If your a Forza fan then an Xbox is a must. Forza is the best simulation racer and Forza Horizon the best arcade racer for sure. Horizon 3 is simply fantastic. Unfortunately PS4 has nothing compareable at the moment. If you can wait till later this year then the Scorpio will also be the most powerful console. 

On the friend angle angle most of mine are on PS so having the Xbone to play undistracted is actually an added bonus and something to consider.

If you don't really care about trophies or exclusives (besides most of the great games coming out are Multiplatform anyway) then I think you will enjoy the Xbox.

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 1

Uncharted 4 while it's good gameplay wise, story wise it's a bit ehh and I got serious issues with it. Last Of Us is on PS3 and Last Guardian probably aint worth bothering with.

So I'd buy a Switch, 1-2-Switch in depth story is just :holy: 

I will most likely be buying Xbox One this year. Maybe i'll sell my PS3 and buy a PS4 next year so that if there's any good exclusives on the PS4 (which there is some already) i can play them as well.

The only annoying thing on Xbox is the controller but i can get used to it.

Edited by damian103ea
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, damian103ea said:

I will most likely be buying Xbox One this year. Maybe i'll sell my PS3 and buy a PS4 next year so that if there's any good exclusives on the PS4 (which there is some already) i can play them as well.

I got a PS4 switched to Xb1, took some getting use to, but it's fine. Going back just for half of Horizon took some getting used to but again you get used to it, it's simple enough.

5 minutes ago, damian103ea said:

Nice, if you don't like the controller considering saving up for the Elite controller, it might be a little pricey but it is fantastic

Your much better off buying a PS4 over a Xbox One. I don't mean to say this in a fanboyish way, but the Xbox One is an incredibly lackluster system. Unless you love Forza or Halo there really isn't much of a reason to buy an Xbox One. Then there is the fact that games run worse on Xbox One, the difference in performance and resolution between Xbox One and PS4 is not a massive difference but it's another plus for PlayStation.

You don't strike me as someone who cares about performance or resolution because if you did you probably would be waiting on Scorpio so if your low on cash a PS4 Slim will serve you just fine. Lots of fantastic first and third party games on the system.

I would suggest you think this through properly before you make your final decision. Xbox one has its perks, but the amount of value you would get out of a PS4 is incredible especially now. 

Here's my run down, mind you this is Aussie prices

Price

Xbone slim can be got for about 300 with a few games thrown in, trade them for 50 odd easily, console is now 250.

Cheapest you'll get a PS4 slim for is 300.

Current worthwhile exclusives

Xbone - Halo, Forza, um

PS4 - Uncharted, Gravity Rush, DriveClub, Housemarque games (Resogun, Dead Nation, Super Stardust, etc), inFamous

Online bullshit

PS4 - 80 bucks a year, barely any deals

Xbone - Constantly giving me free / $1 months, literally had 4 free months and 3 $1 months in the less than a year I've had the thing

GWG / PS+ games

PS4 - Average at best usually

Xbone - Average at best as well, but at least you keep the 360 games for your lifetime, which reminds me

Backwards compatibility

PS4 - You can rebuy some PS2 games for 23 bucks a pop

Xbone - A shit load of 360 games work, for no extra cost, and more are constantly being added

Multiplats

PS4 - Generally the better version, Battlefront for example is a noticeable stepdown in visuals when going to the Xbone version from PS4

Xbone - 8 times out of 10 the game will look and run identical, but on the AAA things, you will find slight noticeable visual downgrades, though they aren't ugly by any means.

Deals and shit

PS4 - PSNow I can't speak for as it's not in Australia, but I don't hear amazing things

Xbone - EA Access will run you about 30 bucks for a year's worth on sale, which gives you most of EA's constantly growing catalogue and early access to games like Mass Effect 4 and Battlefront 2. Xbox Game Pass (coming soon) is supposedly like a Netflix for games, which sounds great but I have too big of a backlog already, but could be your thing.

Media and whatnot

PS4 - All your Netflix style apps and shit, DVD/BD player, basic media functionality through USB and a bit of a hassle with setting up folders at first

Xbone - All them Netflix things, DVD/BD AND 4K BD playback, CD playback (remember those), and a robust media player capable of playing every file I've thrown at it, including shit my computer can't even figure out.

Apps and other stuff

PS4 - N/A

Xbone - A growling library of UWP apps and shit, even stuff as bold as an N64 emulator snuck it's way onto the store for a while.

UI

PS4 - Nice and simple, everything is easy to find. Shit takes forever to load a lot of the time, but oh well.

Xbone - Bit more complex, but you'll learn it quick enough. Everything loads a LOT quicker too, and there's been a LOT of refinements just in the time I've had it.

So yeah, both have positive points, and if you can I'd highly recommend the both of them, but if money was an issue, I'd go the Xbone solely for the EA Access subscription.

Buy an Xbox One for 250 odd, spend another 30 on a year of EA Access which gets you a FANTASTIC selection of nearly 50 games  and counting including Battlefront, 4 different Battlefield games, the Mass Effect trilogy, Titanfall, Mirror's Edge 1 and 2, Need for Speed Rivals and the reboot, and so on. 280 will get you a shiny new console, with a shitload of great games to get you started, for less than the cheapest you'll find a new PS4. And, as I mentioned earlier, there always seems to be a deal for either a free month of Gold or a month for a dollar (sometimes you get half price months, which is still pretty good considering you keep the 360 games when your sub ends), which will in turn also net you a couple more games for your stack.

That answer is just based on money though. Personally, I find both have something good to offer and wouldn't part with either, but if I wanted to get in on current gen and on a budget, you can't go wrong with Xbox One. ... which is something I never thought I'd be saying back in 2013.

• Like 1

I have both but for me personally I'd go for the PS. But for you it will depend on a few things

- take the console with whom you have more friends to play online with if thats your thing

- If you prefer the exclusives that PS has over XBOX that chose the PS.

- If monthly free monthly games makes you stiff (cause gamers bitch and moan about it) then go for XBOX Live.

and of course the many other reasons as the people above posted