Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

To put in my two cents about "why would they shut down servers if they gave the game in Plus not so long ago?" (sorry for offtop), just to point out that, imho, this is not a good argument.

There was a game called Dead Star or smth like that 5-6 years back. Online only. They gave it with Plus and later the same year (6 months later or so) servers shut down. Just soon after the release as well. So... There are probably more games like that, that I can't think of of the top of my head (Drawn to Death, maybe). This one stands out to me, just 'cause I was among those who were actively boosting it before closure and it kinda served as a lesson to me regarding MP games. 

Just because it was given away with Plus doesn't guarantee it will last for long. 

Edited by theomgkitteh
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, theomgkitteh said:

To put in my two cents about "why would they shut down servers if they gave the game in Plus not so long ago?" (sorry for offtop), just to point out that, imho, this is not a good argument.

There was a game called Dead Star or smth like that 5-6 years back. Online only. They gave it with Plus and later the same year (6 months later or so) servers shut down. Just soon after the release as well. So... There are probably more games like that, that I can't think of of the top of my head (Drawn to Death, maybe). This one stands out to me, just 'cause I was among those who were actively boosting it before closure and it kinda served as a lesson to me regarding MP games. 

Just because it was given away with Plus doesn't guarantee it will last for long. 

This^

Don't forget Volition went bankrupt mere hours after announcing Saints Row (2023) was PS+ game for this month. Now the servers for that game are still up but heaven only knows for how much longer so yeah, being Plus title, doesn't mean a game won't get shitcanned if it bombs or the devs go under.

Cult of the Lamb developers first to announce their game will be removed January 1st over proposed changes to Unity's agreement if their new "Fee" goes through. Other delistings may be incoming if other devs follow suit.

Basically the new runtime fee charges a flat rate per install per device. So a dev will charged a fee for the first time it's install and anytime the same user installs on a secondary device for a first time too.

• Like 3

Avengers is on sale for probably the last time. Sale ends on September 27, 2023. 3 days before delisting.

PSN Store US - $3.99

PSN Store Canada - $5.34

PSN Store Great Britain - £4.49

PSN Store Europe - €4,99

PSN Store Hong Kong - HK$30.80

Thread:

20230913171332.jpg

Edited by FallenRyan
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Cult of the Lamb developers first to announce their game will be removed January 1st over proposed changes to Unity's agreement if their new "Fee" goes through. Other delistings may be incoming if other devs follow suit.

Basically the new runtime fee charges a flat rate per install per device. So a dev will charged a fee for the first time it's install and anytime the same user installs on a secondary device for a first time too.

I honestly think the tweet is part joke and part pressure on Unity. I don't think they will remove the game from the Stores.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, JorgeSleep said:

I honestly think the tweet is part joke and part pressure on Unity. I don't think they will remove the game from the Stores.

It's most likely to definitely to generate pressure but since this will greatly affect indie developers even more, it's best to still post on this until they announce a reversal.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, shipper321 said:

This has now comfirmed to be a joke. A stupid "joke" to pull especially since there are people who actively track delistings, such as everyone in this thread and delistedgames.com.

It wasn't a funny "joke" either - I hope their PR department get's an ear bashing for this.

EDIT: That awful Popeye game has gone bye-bye: https://delistedgames.com/popeye-2021/

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, FallenRyan said:

Avengers is on sale for probably the last time. Sale ends on September 27, 2023. 3 days before delisting.

PSN Store US - $3.99

PSN Store Canada - $5.34

PSN Store Europe - €4,99

Thread:

20230913171332.jpg

FFFFU- i just bought the physical version for twice the price LMAO. Still a bargain though, it's hard to find for less than 12-13 euros with free shipping.

Edited by Lance_87

20 hours ago, FallenRyan said:

PSN Store US - $3.99

PSN Store Canada - $5.34

PSN Store Europe - €4,99

I think Avengers has been on sale for the sale slash price like 3 times since the delisting was announced. I grabbed it the 2nd time it went on sale and for the amount of crap that game got it was alright for that price:awesome: Pretty grindy but no issues getting through playing solo. Actually had more fun with Anthem at the same slash price and it can also be played solo fine but I guess nothing has been announced for that game yet.

• Like 1

A few places have picked up a Reddit rumor that EA will be ending support for Wild Hearts soon (it's been out for around 7 months). I assume it's going to be another Anthem situation where it's no longer updated but the servers will remain up. Judging by the trophy list, there are at least 2 online trophies, which are:

Team Hunter :bronze:
Successfully completed 20 quests online    

Helpful Heart :bronze:
Successfully revived a fellow hunter online for the first time

Maybe someone that has the platinum can provide more info. EA Play currently has a 10-hour trial of the game.

Source: Reddit, PSLS & Insider Gaming

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FallenRyan said:

A few places have picked up a Reddit rumor that EA will be ending support for Wild Hearts soon (it's been out for around 7 months). I assume it's going to be another Anthem situation where it's no longer updated but the servers will remain up. Judging by the trophy list, there are at least 2 online trophies, which are:

Maybe someone that has the platinum can provide more info. EA Play currently has a 10-hour trial of the game.

Source: Reddit, PSLS & Insider Gaming

All of those sources point to one and the same source and ending support of a live service game doesn't mean shutdown of the servers. It just means that no new content will be added. We'll see but I don't see any indication of a server shutdown or delisting being imminent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Needles said:

EA is shutting down Madden NFL 20 for PS4 on April 15, 2024:

https://www.ea.com/legal/service-updates/i-q

Looks like the game has a few online trophies.

Madden 20 has the trophies from Madden 18 and 19 which were easy as piss, but it also has three trophies which are a staple in future Maddens which are as follows:

Already In Progress

Head to Head

Bragging Rights

Only one that needs boosting is Head to Head. All others can be done solo, takes almost no time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danyy___85 said:

With all this Unity debacle, if Unity does not step down with their "install" fee. Whe Even older games will be charged. They have no clue who will install, or Re Install the game. They say they do, but don't clarefy how will they do it. To anyone! They should at least for people who have subscriptions on their service... This is just bad. 

This was a nail in the coffin for Unity trustworthy towards all of the devs, and trust me, this will have more to the story in the upcoming days.

The problem are the many many many games made in Unity Engine that will start to be charged by install base on even 10 year old games, that can ruin a financial stability of a developer. Dev Cult of The Lamb tweet was a "joke" but a serious joke to be accounted for. Because it's to put on some pressure on Unity too. But if no changes are made until the new year, you will see a whole lot of delistings happening. Because the financial risk is just immensly high with upcoming projects being hampered by older released Unity games for said Dev. 

This is insane in many levels. 

I can see companies like Rata and EAS either going out of business completely because of this, drastically raising their prices and/or being far more choosy about which games they publish and with how many stacks. Either way it's not going to be good for us gamers :(. If Unity doesn't rescind this boneheaded decision, things will go south pretty fast for everyone.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2