Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

8 hours ago, Needles said:

Bandai Namco absolutely went out of their way to delist these games, and the only error is that anything was left behind. There are many, many examples of content that was supposed to be delisted but somebody on Sony’s end didn’t notice it was also in a bundle, or could also be accessed in-game, or through the XMB, etc.

The amount of games, DLC, and other content on Sony’s legacy stores will only get smaller.

^This.

While I get people want to hope this delisting was unintentional, an error, etc. It was more then likely deliberate. They've been spending a little bit slowly porting Tales games and even just added a bunch to PS Plus Premium which I imagine was part of the deal between them and Sony.

And while it's good to think maybe an error, the likelihood it was down to some random licensing error isn't likely at all. Because 1  Bandai Namco owns the IP and two Namco has been involved in this series since the very first game back on the Super Famicom.

It's very likely as well they forgot or didn't see the other pages during the removal. That happens not every dlc or version of a game is linked to the main game's store page. Take Driveclub for example, their was  a few dlc pages even those included in the pass that weren't accessible unless you directly went to them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moostache7 said:

Armored Core: Verdict Day servers are now offline.

For anyone not in the loop: game can still be played in Offline Mode. Anyone who has data from prior to the shutdown should have everything retained, including Au saved up in their workshop, all parts, decals, UNAC expansion progress, and so on. All World Boss/Special Operations related trophies, Territory Master trophy, and Normal Operations related trophies including loading up as an Operator instead of a pilot, are now inaccessible. All Story Mode, Hardcore Mode, and Parts completion related trophies can still be earned.

EDIT: As a fun aside, it appears all of my screenshots taken during online sorties with friends are still saved. I didn't have any unspent Operations Data to use for UNAC expansion but I'd assume that these, too, are also saved locally despite the data having been gathered from online activities.

Farewell armored core verdict day farewell 😔

• Like 2

The Crew on all systems has been rejecting connections for the last several hours. I was playing last about 1:30pm eastern time ingame today despite those. After trying to switch consoles I got the connection errors as well, most likely the server is still online for those who are connected and ingame but it's rejecting anymore new connections until it fully goes down.

Crap planning Ubisoft's part when the game has random glitches and crashes still that force you to reset app.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

With the other older games previously being delisted.

I just noticed Phantom Breaker: Omnia (PS4) has hit a deep 90% discount in the NA for psplus subscribers until April 11th in the current Spring sale.

I wouldn't worry about Omnia being delisted anytime soon. Last two games got delisted because they have a 3rd version of Battlegrounds releasing this year so there wasn't a need to renew the older games listings at all.

It's worth picking up though it's a fun anime fighter and easy plat.

On 3/27/2024 at 3:27 PM, shipper321 said:

All the ones that came back up in July are now finally dead. Splinter Cell's SvM mode looks to be playable, but you're still locked out of Lv 10 because of uPlay being killed off.

At the rate that Ubisoft is shutting down games and the ones still online are operating with jank, if not barely functioning, I'd suggest to anyone with Ubisoft games in their backlog to boost them now rather than later such as AC: Black Flag and Unity on PS4. Unity is the last AC game with multiplayer and you have to unlink your Uplay/Ubiconnect account to even play with other people in the coop missions and the in-game invite system doesn't even work.

• Like 2