Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Soul Calibur V was just a simple delisting, the servers are still up. Also, I believe Shank 2 was shutdown on schedule.

I think Shank 2 still works. About two days ago I booted the game up and was able to see leaderboards and start a multiplayer lobby. Probably worth someone double-checking.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Metal Slime King said:

This is already down or unobtainable though? They updated how servers worked to prep for offline and broke all the trophies that require a counter of any kind?

Just checking because I've got a friend who was effected.

Friday the 13th is unobtainable as the database server function no longer works. You can play the game but you cannot earn any trophies which require your stats to track across multiple matches.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, JorgeSleep said:

Damn, this user wasn't THAT wrong.

Although I must say that it is the first time I have seen a "Trust me, bro" that is close to reality. 😹

It was too specific for it to be wrong.

Plus, the news surrounding Embracer nowadays made it believable.

Now if someone comes on here and said "every Battlefield game (including BF1, BFV, and BF2042) will be shutting down by the end of next year, trust me bro" then yeah that's bs. ;)

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 2

Gonna hold my hands up and admit I was wrong for being skeptical, but at the very least I'm glad it's not fully shutting down. Would be one hell of a game to try and do if it was.

28 minutes ago, FRANVILLA_JAVI said:

spacer.png

Not a server shutdown, but have to keep an eye on this. 

Post on the twitter account: https://twitter.com/EvilDeadTheGame/status/1704239249761906859

3 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

Damn, this user wasn't THAT wrong.

Although I must say that it is the first time I have seen a "Trust me, bro" that is close to reality. 😹

Did I miss something in this anannouncement? That guy said server closure before the end of the year. He didn't say anything about support being stopped.

If you want to wait until the end of the year to see if his "trust me, bro" moment is right or wrong, that's different. This announcement didn't confirm his rumor at all. It's still an unfounded rumor with no source.

6 hours ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Did I miss something in this anannouncement? That guy said server closure before the end of the year. He didn't say anything about support being stopped.

If you want to wait until the end of the year to see if his "trust me, bro" moment is right or wrong, that's different. This announcement didn't confirm his rumor at all. It's still an unfounded rumor with no source.

He did confirm support would be dropped, though the servers are on life support instead of being instantly shutdown.

Evil Dead: The Game is going to die real soon. Support will be axed, servers, as I understand, will be closed. It's going to happen this year, 2023. 

So if you wanted to start the game up and do it in the near future, you better start it now. I don't know if it can be done online and I don't know if they gonna patch it. I'll be glad if it's just a false alarm, but better safe than sorry.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

I hinted at Switch version being FUBAR, if you read closely my second message on this topic. And now I can safely say that it was almost ready to go, too, but they dropped it because the game wasn't a smash hit and didn't have legs to support it.

And you're welcome to wait for the inevitable "hey, yeah, sorry guys, we're closing shop" down the line if you still think I'm full of it. I mean, no dev studio ever closed down servers soon after they stopped supporting their flop game, right?

Edited by Samurai_SNAAAKE
  • Like 3

No risks of closure or removals yet but Embracer just layed off multiple people at Beamdog. Their newest game Mythforce was just released on Sept. 12th

I haven't played this new game so unsure if it's online only or not. But the CRPG Remasters Beamdog has made a couple did have multiplayer tacked on which made the games easier as you could import characters not usually used at certain points in the games. Though multiplayer is not needed to complete their CRPGs trophies.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/embracer-lays-off-devs-at-mythforce-studio-just-days-after-the-release-of-its-cartoony-co-op-fps

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

Should we expect Embracer going on a shutdown rampage next?

Think its the second time in a few weeks i heard Embracer shutting down something.

They going through "restructuring" of their entire portfolio. Basically they spent to much before they actually had the money to spend to obtain all these devs. Then on top of that with a couple supposed "Angel Investors" basically just dropping off the face of the earth before they even seen a cent from them and some failed launches like Saints Row Remake their in pretty rough shape financially.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

The Original CoD Warzone that debuted in Modern Warfare Remake 1 was suppose to shutdown yesterday. Just looking to see if anyone can confirm one it shutdown and two if the Spec Ops mode related trophies that it used are indeed safe still.

If you mean this one, then there are earners all week, up to and including today :)https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/9853-call-of-duty-modern-warfare/28-liberation

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

The Original CoD Warzone that debuted in Modern Warfare Remake 1 was suppose to shutdown yesterday. Just looking to see if anyone can confirm one it shutdown and two if the Spec Ops mode related trophies that it used are indeed safe still.

Warzone 1 was an an entirely separate mode in the menus and wasn't added until 2020. You're fine, but WZ 1 itself is still accessible, they just removed the option from the menu, hence why the game is still 100+ GB.

• Like 1