Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

The info of mirror's edge being delisted in april ist false. EA updated their statement and clarified that they have "no current plans to remove mirror's edge from digital storefronts"

Only the battlefield games are getting delisted that day.

Source: 

Edited by westersburg
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Samurai_SNAAAKE said:

Note that some Brutal Legend trophies can be done solo with bots, the only 1 requiring online is viral trophy iirc.

Nah, I misremembered, base game do need online.

Also add SSX.

Thanks for the pointer, I forgot all about SSX - I'll update the list in a sec :).

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

ME2 and DS2 are offline Plats so any online features they have, are irrelevant to getting the Plat :). EDIT: I've created a list on .org of all the EA PS3 games with online trophies that aren't on the shutdown list but are at risk of server closure: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/309260-server-shutdowns-and-unobtainable-trophies/?do=findComment&comment=6230359

True, but I just mentioned them as ps3 EA games that are still online, regardless of trophies, as that's what the OP asked for.

EDIT: Btw, Dead Space 3's DLC Awakened has at least one online trophy, since you are separating each DLC into its own section for more clarity and detail in that .org thread.

Edited by tony_snake_24

16 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

True, but I just mentioned them as ps3 EA games that are still online, regardless of trophies, as that's what the OP asked for.

EDIT: Btw, Dead Space 3's DLC Awakened has at least one online trophy, since you are separating each DLC into its own section for more clarity and detail in that .org thread.

I wasn't aware of that, thank you for letting me know, I'll investigate further, then update the thread ASAP :)!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I wasn't aware of that, thank you for letting me know, I'll investigate further, then update the thread ASAP :)!

No problem. You need a coop partner for a trophy so that's online. Also, I believe 2 of SSX's modes, Explore and Global Events require servers, so there would be wayyy more than 6 online trophies.

Just now, tony_snake_24 said:

No problem. You need a coop partner for a trophy so that's online. Also, I believe 2 of SSX's modes, Explore and Global Events require servers, so there would be wayyy more than 6 online trophies.

If anyone knows the correct online trophy tally for SSX, please let me know so I can update the thread and get the Guide updated :).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If anyone knows the correct online trophy tally for SSX, please let me know so I can update the thread and get the Guide updated :).

I'm unsure about some of the badges trophies but taking a quick look I counted 13. Every trophy that mentions Explore or Global Events plus the one for uploading your ghost.

9 minutes ago, Xillynoc said:

Brutal Legend already is already running on a P2P system, if I remember/was informed correctly, so I'd be surprised if that went down.

It has leaderboards though which are needed for at least 2 of the trophies so unless they're hosted locally on the player's console, they will be taken offline when the servers do eventually close at some point in the future.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It has leaderboards though which are needed for at least 2 of the trophies so unless they're hosted locally on the player's console, they will be taken offline when the servers do eventually close at some point in the future.

Ahhhh crap, you're right

2 hours ago, Clavietka said:

Would u guys recommend Battlefield Bad Company 2 as a game/Platinum/100% journey?

How much do the DLC costs?

I can't seem to find them

Bad Company 2's Play is easy and can be done solo.

DLCs aren't that bad wrom what I've heard, but they need to be boosted, Vietnam DLC is dead, for example. But DLCs are really expensive.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Sooo... did anyone solve the mystery about why Shadows of the Damned is being shut down by EA despite having virtually no online capability?

No clue, but I thought of the possibility that the game has an ingame store, like other EA published games.

On 3/22/2023 at 1:17 PM, Clavietka said:

Would u guys recommend Battlefield Bad Company 2 as a game/Platinum/100% journey?

How much do the DLC costs?

I can't seem to find them

I don't know what your region is, but I found them easily in the NA store under the Add-ons for BC2:

- Onslaught is $4.99 (or $12.99 for a bundle of Onslaught + 1943)

- Vietnam is $14.99

- SPECACT Pack is $5.49

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darkette said:

Challenge 1, 10, 50 and 100 people. This is one of the most shitty moves i’ve seen in a while from a developer. Going from June 30th to “right now” is terrible. I can definitely say i’ve dodged a bullet since my copy of 2017 came 2 days ago and I finished it yesterday. I hope not too many people were screwed over by this. 

Thank you for the info, I'll file a PSNP+ report now.

• Like 1