The Last TV Show You Saw?

DanielVT

Law & Order season finales

L&O #23-13 "In Harm's Way"

SVU #25-13 "Duty to Hope"

Organized Crime #4-13 "Stabler's Lament"

OC had one hell of a cliffhanger. There IS going to be a season 5... but only on Peacock. I guess this move may be to get free of network limits and shoot for a TV-MA rating. Criminal Minds: Evolution did that, and has stronger language (F-bombs included) and a little more gore to show for it. That said, I could imagine Stabler giving a criminal some John McClane trash talk during a fight.

Tom Payne (Jesus from The Walking Dead) has done well playing Redcoat's kingpin Emery.

Spoiler

Just when you thought the crime was foiled, other members of Emery's group launch their Plan B. Emery himself remains at large. Elliot's younger brother Joe Jr. is in a little trouble.

And... Elliot's son aspires to be a cop. Ehh... I'm kinda worried about that. Hell, Elliot tried to talk him out of it!

More Jeopardy! Masters tomorrow night. Two players have gone home, and four are left... it's semi-finals time.

• Like 1

JeopardyMastersLogo.png

Jeopardy! Masters 2024 Finals

This one was two games played between the three remaining players (Victoria "The Queen" Groce, James "The High Roller" Holzhauer, and Yogesh Raut). At the end, the scores of both rounds were added together to decide the winner.

One thing Jeopardy! gets just right is the pacing. It avoids the aggravating melodramatic delay bullshit you see on certain other game shows. In a half hour game there are 61 questions (or actually answers... your response is the question). Like Alex Trebek before him, Ken Jennings cuts to the chase and tells you "That's correct" or "No" and play continues.

Sometimes you learn a thing or two from J!. From Monday's episode, I got that I've been saying Kiribati wrong. It's really Ki-Ri-Boss. In Kiribatese (aka Gilbertese), "ti" is pronunced "si", usually. At the end of the word its sound changes to "ss".

Lingo (CBS)

Season 2 premiered tonight. Game play is same as last season but the winning team comes back next week... for once, a primetime game show has returning champions. Good move. It's similar to Wordle (and actually precedes it, since a different version has aired on Game Show Network from 2002-2011), but you're given the first letter of the word before you start guessing.

Posted (edited)

Peaky Blinders

Never watched the last season so naturally have to re-watch the whole thing again to get caught back up. Almost done with Season 5 now and safe to say, the character of Thomas Shelby is one of the most complex and in-depth characters ever portrayed on television and brilliantly played by Cillian Murphy. The accents can be annoying at times and whenever a character says ''by order of the Peaky Blinders'' it makes me cringe but gotta love well-written shows where characters have depth and are treated with care. Arguably the best show Netflix has spawned along with The Last Kingdom. 

Edited by mega-tallica
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2024 at 1:15 AM, ChilledBrandon said:

spacer.png

Only Fools and Horses

Classic sitcom, I'll never get tired of it. I've been watching the Specials episodes.

:highfive:opinion seconded. 

Funnily enough last time I watched TV a couple of days ago (excluding the news) was Season 2, Episode 7 of Only fools and horses "A touch of glass".

This scene basically cements it as my favourite episode of the series from the ones I have watched so far:

The laugh track on Youtube doesn't feel the same as on an actual TV for some reason :hmm:

Was browsing this thread since the November 2023 posts and saw that CSI was on Netflix UK so might give that a go, if not I have Broadchurch on Blu-ray to watch at some point.

• Like 1

Since it's been a long time since I last watched any anime, about 2022...I'll have to start again with the old seasons of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, since I've forgotten a lot of things in the meantime. So that I can start the new season/episodes fresh!

-----

Spoiler

Watch Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Original Japanese Version) - Season 1  | Prime Video

Posted (edited)

The Quiz with Balls! (Fox)

Created by John de Mol, who brought The Floor to Fox earlier this year. Two families take turns in a trivia contest. To answer a question, all 5 family members step onto a ledge above a pool to stand on their choice of 6 answers.... 5 right, 1 wrong. Next, the balls roll down the ramp. Anyone who is wrong gets knocked into the drink and out of the game. Losing anyone from your side makes the game even harder for you because there will be more wrong answers in future rounds. You win by having the most money after 5 rounds, or if the other team is totally splashed. Then one of the last players standing on the winning team plays for $100.000.

Not bad, though it does suffer a particularly annoying commercial cliffhanger trope. Before host Jay Pharoah says "RELEASE THE BALLS!" at the end of a turn, it's not unusual to have a break. I know they are trying to create suspense, but I think that kills the flow. Finish the round first, then have commercials.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge
  • Like 1