e3 2017 reactions!

skinner49

48 minutes ago, FLCLcrim2 said:

Seriously! As soon as i saw the sword on his back I got excited. Been waiting for another Monster Hunter on a non handled Sony system since PS2. 

Me too, it's all good soup and no bones!  Lol

44 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Come on... how can you say that? :/

MonHun is the best on handhelds.

Yeah, they are great on handhelds, even with the dreaded claw fast-tracking arthritis, but MH is great on all platforms, a big screen with the comfort of a controller?  Yes please!

It's early yet, I think I'm still stunned it's coming to PS4, but we've plenty to see.   It was a bit cut&paste staged but that's understandable given the nature of the game, I just hope we don't see stuff like monster health bars and lock on etc...   The only thing I wasn't sure about was the sound, the world ambience was great, but those iconic sound cues, how I'd miss them if they're gone.   Tbh I'm just happy we're getting anything MH on anything PS lol

Edited by RedMustang72
  • Like 1

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

HOLY SHIT NINTENDO IS GOING FOR THE KILL

I have barely touched my Switch since Mario Kart 8 Deluxe released but it looks like I'll have plenty of reasons to pick it up later this year and in 2018. Although I don't think we'll see Prime 4 until 2019, I'd love to see the first three games ported to the Switch with proper dual analog controls. 

Parker

• Like 1

Nintendo is bringing it now :o 

Kirby

Metroid Prime 4

A Pokemon game for switch 

Yoshi

zelda dlc aswell 

And More Mario Odyssey footage 

i have gotta get a switch 

Edited by I Am Error
  • Like 1

Well, that was a fantastic showing for Nintendo. I had lost a lot of faith in the company over the past two console generations but they've been slowly building my trust back with the Switch and with them confirming not only a core Pokemon RPG on the Switch, but a proper goddamn Metroid game, they've blown me away. I am a bit disappointed that the Fire Emblem game shown is a Warriors game but still, good job Nintendo. 

Parker

Edited by Parker
  • Like 4

Okay, so recap, highlights...

Reveal: Kirby. New game, 2018. Looks to be four player co-op, action oriented. Awesome.

Reveal: Yoshi. New game, 2018(?). Looks to be (at least) two player co-op, platform oriented like the Yoshi's Island games, and an interesting camera swap technique. Awesome.

Reveal: There is a Pokémon RPG in development, probably not to be expected before 2019. Cool, after some recent statements by the devs (like feeling more comfortable with small screens because it demands less of the graphics) actually made me think there would never be a main Pokémon game for the Switch. First Pokémon game I'll get through since Y.

Reveal: There's a Metroid Prime 4 in development (2018?). Awesome. Surely, this must be the game Retro Studios has been working on for the past four years. To my shame I must admit I never played through the third game, here's hoping for a collection later this year.

Any one of these games makes me happy, but Nintendo drops them all like a ton of bricks. I think I have to collect my thoughts for a while.

... And then there's so much new info on Super Mario Odyssey... Apparently Mario can use his hat to take over bodies now, and even cars. Cue Driver: San FranMario jokes. Looks to become an awesome game though.

I think Nintendo actually makes me feel proud with this. People were dismissive about the Switch, but I had faith - Nintendo showed us some awesome stuff, making me state that the Switch would be the best Nintendo console since the N64. So now I've been rewarded. Really, awesome news all around. The Switch will remain a huge success, no doubt about it any more. Guess I'll have this year to do something about my PlayStation backlog, keeping the Switch for the holidays, the Kart days with friends and for when I'm in bed but don't feel like reading a book. Then next year, the Switch can become my main console while I keep the PS4 for graphics powerhouses like Assassin's Creed, Horizon Zero Dawn and the likes.

Only bad thing: Super Mario Odyssey seems to release October 27th, the same day as Assassin's Creed Origins. Guess I'll have to take a couple of days off from work. Yeah, my problems are real.

39 minutes ago, Parker said:

I have barely touched my Switch since Mario Kart 8 Deluxe released but it looks like I'll have plenty of reasons to pick it up later this year and in 2018. Although I don't think we'll see Prime 4 until 2019, I'd love to see the first three games ported to the Switch with proper dual analog controls. 

I've played a lot on the Switch - still busy on Mario Kart, and playing some smaller games on the side - but it feels good to get excited about some big non-Mario games. As said above, seems like I'll use my Switch next year even more and I can work on my PlayStation backlog until then.

Edited by BillyHorrible

4 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

This was Nintendo's year for sure. They have what matters most: games.

There are actually more games on Sony's system that I want to play compared to the Switch but I think the most important thing about this conference, for me at least, is Nintendo is building back trust. After the Wii and Wii U I had little faith in Nintendo but after seeing their conference today it seems like they have realized the mistakes of their past and are genuinely making games for gamers again. 

Parker

• Like 1

Hard to argue with Nintendo's conference. I mean I'm too old to be into any of those games except for Metroid, but I know everybody's all about nostalgia and playing the same shit over and over again, so I'm happy for them. And I know that sounds sarcastic as hell but I really am. Nintendo just isn't for me anymore. It was a great way to hone my skills as a child, but I have moved on.

• Like 2

I'm interested in picking up a Switch with all of the Nintendo announcements, but I feel like there's enough titles exclusive and non-exclusive coming to PS4 to keep me from doing so anytime soon. I'm really excited for DBZ Fighter Z because it reminds me a lot of MvC2, which is one of my all time favourite fighting games. God of War and Days Gone look really good and the Shadow of the Colossus Remake will finally give me the chance to experience this title.

Hidden Agenda also looks very cool although I will hold off on this until a sale just like I did for Until Dawn. If it has an online functionality similar to what they showcased with more than one person making the decisions, this could be a really cool title to play with friends. I really enjoy Quantic Dream games, so I'm looking forward to Detroit as well.

I loved playing Monster Hunter on PSP, but I'm not a fan of handhelds or Nintendo, so I'm glad that Monster Hunter: World is coming to consoles. There's also Wolfenstein The New Colossus and The Evil Within 2! So many great titles coming and I've barely made it through all the amazing titles from last E3.

2 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Microsoft had games. Like, 42 of them. Not sure what you're talking about.

Their conference wasn't about games.

It was about 4K.

HOLY... o.O

Nintendo objectively won the E3... As much as it pains me to say it, this was a perfect conference. 

In fact, if they have actually shown Xenoblade 2 and musou FE in proper voices, they would definitely be a winner for me as well.

Damn, damn, damn... Xeno 2 looks TOO DAMN GOOD!

For the first time, I actually thought about buying Switch o.O

3 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Nintendo objectively won the E3

Subjectively, there is no objective winner of E3 because it is all opinions. I know people who couldn't care less about anything Sony or Nintendo showed and loved the Microsoft conference. Nintendo definitely had a good conference though, makes me glad to be a Switch owner. 

Parker