e3 2017 reactions!

skinner49

Just now, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Hahah gotta love how you're backtracking on the ''SON'YS GONNA SLAY MICRODICK'' mantra from a few pages back.

Completely and utterly disappointing conference. Absolutely nothing outside of God of War which we already knew about truly took the stage by storm. No TLoU2, nothing from FromSoft, nothing to give a shit about really. As always Sony proves they suck at keeping the intiative when they're at the lead and they do better when they have catch up to do.

For my money, Microsoft did better and had the best showing overall.

...They did murder Microsoft. Microsoft was LOOK HOW GOOD OUR CONSOLE IS. LOOK HOW GOOD THIS EXCLUSIVE itreallyisn'texclusivewe'rejustfuckinglosersthatliketosayitisbecauseitsoundsmoreimpressivetotheimpressionablesheepwatching GAMES ARE! 

Sony took two breaks from their games to have the same singular person talk. There was nonstop boredom with Microsoft's conference. Sony's was truly about what matters the most. Games.

If you think that's abysmal, or boring, or unimpressive, then I don't really know what you were expecting. :/

• Like 3

Well I'm totally underwhelmed.... and annoyed that I stayed up until 3 to watch it, yeah the games were good but there were no surprises. Sony really dropped the ball in my opinion compared to the last few years where they have been phenomenal. Perhaps they are saving 'it' for PlayStation experience? 

Looking forward to Spider-Man and GOW but the wait until 2018 will be long! 

Also yes to the Horizon DLC that was a highlight :D  

It was alright, obviously this conference was underwhelming compared to the last two years, but overall E3 this year in general was extremely muted and underwhelming. Like this was a stopgap year for the event.

Thinking 3 conferences a year for Sony is hurting them, even with their large library. 

Just now, Valyrious said:

...They did murder Microsoft. Microsoft was LOOK HOW GOOD OUR CONSOLE IS. LOOK HOW GOOD THIS EXCLUSIVE itreallyisn'texclusivewe'rejustfuckinglosersthatliketosayitisbecauseitsoundsmoreimpressivetotheimpressionablesheepwatching GAMES ARE! 

Sony took two breaks from their games to have the same singular person talk. There was nonstop boredom with Microsoft's conference. Sony's was truly about what matters the most. Games.

If you think that's abysmal, or boring, or unimpressive, then I don't really know what you were expecting. :/

Quite simply: no.

Microsoft had a whole new system to show [if you think it's good or not is something else, but it was there. It was new and interesting] and showed us a bunch of game running on said system. They had a lot of interesting and noteworthy game debuts: Metro, Origins and of course Anthem which really took the stage by storm. They had a good line up of indies and they were blasting game after game after game in a lengthy, meaty conference. Not that many exclusives? sure. But they had the most games i'd actually want to play and the games running on their new machine were very impressive.

Sony gave us a remake frankly no one was asking for and more about a great looking game that we already knew about [God of War]; a dud of a demo from Days Gone and technical issues plaguing the opener. It was a disaster, no two ways about it.

People say there were no surprises for Sony's conference; underwhelmed by it.

People think Microsoft's conference was better, despite there being no surprises...

????????

LOGIC! 

Look, I get it. You're upset they didn't announce 22 new exclusives like Microsoft. I guess in that retrospect, they destroyed Sony. There isn't a mechanism that exists that properly displays the amount of sarcasm laced in that sentence.

• Like 1

Now everybody here is flooding the gates over E3.

Not that I expected much because I knew deep in me the high train was going to go down at some point or another, which so happened to be this year's E3.

I guess Sucker Punch is keeping quiet until late this year or sometime early next year?

They must really want to impress us all after the footage we've seen of TLOU2, God of War, Days Gone and Detroit: Become Human.

4 minutes ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Quite simply: no.

Microsoft had a whole new system to show [if you think it's good or not is something else, but it was there. It was new and interesting] and showed us a bunch of game running on said system. They had a lot of interesting and noteworthy game debuts: Metro, Origins and of course Anthem which really took the stage by storm. They had a good line up of indies and they were blasting game after game after game in a lengthy, meaty conference. Not that many exclusives? sure. But they had the most games i'd actually want to play and the games running on their new machine were very impressive.

Sony gave us a remake frankly no one was asking for and more about a great looking game that we already knew about [God of War]; a dud of a demo from Days Gone and technical issues plaguing the opener. It was a disaster, no two ways about it.

Show of hands.

How many people were not expecting the Scorpio at Microsoft's audience. Go on. Be honest.

Did Microsoft blow the landscape of E3 away with their shocking announcement of a new console?

Because this mook certainly makes it look like they did.

• Like 3

Well, i guess that's what it feels have won the current generation long time ago. Sony pretty overconfident.

No audio for almost 10 minutes, most of games shown in previous conferences. It was funny how host tried to make people celebrate the upscaled 4k and the hdr, just when MS already shown its new revision which actually can do better than Pro in that depart.

Wow. Hours of conferences so far with so little to get excited about.

Microsoft's pointless program, more power in the system with virtually no exclusives and overpriced. Buy the most powerful system going and play Xbox titles. Snore...

Sony's extended trailer fest with nothing new to offer other than Monster Hunter and a couple of niche VR titles. Half the titles not until 2018. More snoring....

I want to like Beyond Good & Evil 2. I loved the original. Bought it at launch on PS2 and still have it. I got so excited once I realized what universe was being shown. Then the beloved characters are nowhere in sight and I get a monkey who learned to speak playing GTA and I kept expecting the N-word to come out of his mouth after any of the multiple MFs. I can see watching it on screen getting real old real fast.  Then we find out it's a prequel not a sequel and Jade wont be anywhere. Maybe when more comes out about it, I'll get interested but a huge letdown at the moment. Ancel should be crying about putting this out to the fans who waited so long and so faithfully for it.  Forget snoring, I'm too pissed off to sleep...

Why did I watch all these crap conferences...

That was quite an underwhelming (?) E3; only game I'm really excited for is Wolfenstein 2, but even then I can't play it until quite a while after it releases.

Nothing really new on display with Sony's E3 except the new Monster Hunter, although their presentation style is (and has always been) appealing enough to keep my attention.

Just now, Valyrious said:

Show of hands.

How many people were not expecting the Scorpio at Microsoft's audience. Go on. Be honest.

Did Microsoft blow the landscape of E3 away with their shocking announcement of a new console?

Because this mook certainly makes it look like they did.

Reading is not very hard. Please try learning how to read before making a fool of yourself. No where did I say the Scorpio was a surprise; but it was an intriguing prospect and something we all wanted to know more about going in.

Who could predict a new Metro game? who saw Anthem coming? who predicted AC Origins debuting at MS's conference instead of their usual showing at Sony's/Ubisoft? I know you consider an attack on Sony an attack on your personal honor; but it's just a video game conference. Your ''side'' lost, the tragedy!

• Like 1

Overall I think all of E3 was underwhelming this year. Yeah each conference had games I am interested in but overall I have seen better.

Games I am interested in

Metro Exodus

Wolfenstein II The New Collosus

God of War

Uncharted (already pre ordered)

Horizon DlC

Detroit

Spider Man

Im in awe reading some of these comments. Come on guys 60 minutes, nothing but games, games, games. One exclusive after the other, without posing with the term 'exclusive', besides in the Destiny 2 trailer.

Perhaps there were not many suprises, but the indepth gameplay showcases from Days gone, God of War, Detroit & Spiderman were simply a-ma-zing. This was so diverse and with all the other 3rd party support 2017 and 2018 are looking absolutely amazing.

Edited by Barriebar17
  • Like 4

Just now, Barriebar17 said:

Im in awe reading some of these comments. Come on guys 60 minutes, nothing but games, games, games. One exclusive after the other, without posing with the term 'exclusive', besides in the Destiny 2 trailer.

Perhaps there were not many suprises, but the indepth gameplay showcases from Days gone, God of War, Detroit & Spiderman were simply a-ma-zing. This was so diverse and with all the other 3rd party support 2017 and 2018 are looking absolutely amazing.

I mean, Days Gone looks awful. The Last of Us without the things that make The Last of Us so good and unique; it just looks like a best of compilation of all this generation of gaming's generic tropes. Detroit's a David Cage game so most people are inherently apprehensive of that and add on top a far less impressive showing compared to last year's roof top demo and you're left with God of War.

Which was amazing, yes.