e3 2017 reactions!

skinner49

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

Fully agree with being excited for AC Origins as well as South Park. I'm very excited for The Crew 2, the first game was the most enjoyable non-futuristic racer ever in my opinion and I can't wait to see what they do with the sequel.

Wait... Does you mentioning it means there's more info on The Crew 2 now? Wait, checking for a vid again...

... Sorry, got sidetracked because youtube recommended a SPiderman gameplay demo... Damn that game looks awesome. What as I doing? Oh yeah, The Crew 2.

Aw damn, USA again? Why not go to Europe for the sequel?

Looks good though, awesome news that we get to fly planes as well. I enjoy flying games as well as racing games, cool that I get both in the same game now.

I've been looking forward to South Park since last year. But when Crash and Uncharted went up for pre-order I canceled it and put the money towards those 2. I'll miss out on the Steelbook maybe, but this way I can play Crash with my brother and Uncharted with my dad which is a win for me.

I remember one of the commentators on the IGN stream were concerned about the Grid in South Park being used for battles. If it's anything like Mega Man Battle Network 3 or Enchanted Arms I'm not worried about it since I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The only thing that really bugged me with Origins is that the graphics seem to go between nice looking and kinda bad to me. :S 

Crew 2 looked good, it's just not something I'm gonna play probably. Idk about going other places... :dunno: 

5 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I've been looking forward to South Park since last year. But when Crash and Uncharted went up for pre-order I canceled it and put the money towards those 2. I'll miss out on the Steelbook maybe, but this way I can play Crash with my brother and Uncharted with my dad which is a win for me.

Yeah, in the AC thread you stated you're not into statuettes but steelbooks... I'm getting the collector's edition of South Park for the The Coon statuette, and I've already bought the Mysterion statuette B)

I remember one of the commentators on the IGN stream were concerned about the Grid in South Park being used for battles. If it's anything like Mega Man Battle Network 3 or Enchanted Arms I'm not worried about it since I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Don't know and don't care. Not playing SOuth Park for the gameplay, I don't really care at all. It could be a visual novel and it would still be awesome, it's South Park!

... please don't be a visual novel...

The only thing that really bugged me with Origins is that the graphics seem to go between nice looking and kinda bad to me. :S 

Wait, where were the graphics bad? Any specifics? I've only seen the two vids I posted in the leak thread. (that sounds dirty, by the way)

Crew 2 looked good, it's just not something I'm gonna play probably. Idk about going other places... :dunno: 

The first game is one of the rare games I enjoyed playing continuously with others. The freedom and all the environments were awesome as well, so I guess if we're now getting a true current gen USA then I don't have a problem with that. Just hoping that The Crew 3 won't do USA again then, but Europe or Australia or something...

Don't know and don't care. Not playing SOuth Park for the gameplay, I don't really care at all. It could be a visual novel and it would still be awesome, it's South Park!

... please don't be a visual novel...

True, but some people can't get through a game they don't like the gameplay of. I think having a grid to navigate could be a fun evolution from stationary turn-based.

Wait, where were the graphics bad? Any specifics? I've only seen the two vids I posted in the leak thread. (that sounds dirty, by the way)

There was a part where it focused on the eagle landing on Bayek and I felt that Bayek did not look smooth at all. Like to the point where it felt like I was watching an Ezio game. Maybe it was just me because I felt Unity and Syndicate's trailers were far cleaner character-wise. The scenery and animal life looked fine though. 

There was also a scene where Bayek was on a horse on a cliff and it just didn't look good to me as the horse was walking off screen. 

The first game is one of the rare games I enjoyed playing continuously with others. The freedom and all the environments were awesome as well, so I guess if we're now getting a true current gen USA then I don't have a problem with that. Just hoping that The Crew 3 won't do USA again then, but Europe or Australia or something...

Bold is the reason I'm not going to play it, or as my broken heart indicates...Skull and Bones. I don't know too much about The Crew but I think it's always online right? I avoid games like that despite one of my friends constantly getting on my ass about it.

4 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

True, but some people can't get through a game they don't like the gameplay of. I think having a grid to navigate could be a fun evolution from stationary turn-based.

I got through the bland gameplay of The Last Of Us, Stick Of Truth and the first three Uncharted games because the story presentation was good enough. Likewise, I've gotten through a few games with very bland stories just because I liked the gameplay a lot.

There was a part where it focused on the eagle landing on Bayek and I felt that Bayek did not look smooth at all. Like to the point where it felt like I was watching an Ezio game. Maybe it was just me because I felt Unity and Syndicate's trailers were far cleaner character-wise. The scenery and animal life looked fine though. 

There was also a scene where Bayek was on a horse on a cliff and it just didn't look good to me as the horse was walking off screen. 

Must have missed that.

Bold is the reason I'm not going to play it, or as my broken heart indicates...Skull and Bones. I don't know too much about The Crew but I think it's always online right? I avoid games like that despite one of my friends constantly getting on my ass about it.

Well, Skull And Bones is multiplayer matches only though, The Crew is entirely different. You just play yourself in an open world, that happens to have other people driving around in it. You could go for missions together, or for challenges at the same time, or just do your own stuff, whatever you feel like at the moment. That's what makes it so good to me.

... I just re-obtained The Crew recently, just say when and I'll pop into the game with you :)

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well, Skull And Bones is multiplayer matches only though, The Crew is entirely different. You just play yourself in an open world, that happens to have other people driving around in it. You could go for missions together, or for challenges at the same time, or just do your own stuff, whatever you feel like at the moment. That's what makes it so good to me.

... I just re-obtained The Crew recently, just say when and I'll pop into the game with you :)

Between Crash, Uncharted, and Origins...and probably another game or 2 soon I wouldn't have time for the crew lol. Thanks for the offer though.

The Spider-Man game looks fucking sick :holy: Definitely gonna be getting it. CoD WW2 looked really good as well. Sony's conference was pretty decent. GoW, Days Gone and Detroit all look pretty nice. Not really interested in Knack 2, I still haven't even played the first game yet. Overall E3 hasn't been as great as I thought it would be, only thing I'm hyped about so far are Xbox One X (never owned a Xbox till date) and the new Spider-Man game. Looking forward to Nintendo next. :) 

So, am I the only one excited we finally get Beyond Good & Evil 2? Not sure how I feel about Horizon Zero Dawn getting DLC, though I mean, the game was perfect as it was. A Way Out has a nice concept but I think it's going to fail sales wise, I feel like most gamers only like to play on their own. But I kinda hope I'm wrong about this. When it comes to Spider-Man it looks like a combination of the "Arkham" games and "Infamous", maybe. I do wonder what happens if you miss a QTE, will you have to restart or will you keep playing and suffer the consequences?

Not going to lie - I am slightly disappointed with this year's E3. There haven't been many moments that made me go "Wow". Thank God for yesterday's Ubisoft conference. They had a LOT of good stuff to show. I know it is a long way away but, seriously, how good does Skull N' Bones look? The one thing I was envious about when watching the Microsoft conference was how good Sea of Thieves looked. Now I will be able to play something similar with my friends next year. We have a release date for South Park (hopefully a final date too!) and Mario x Rabbids looks pretty sick. I never played a Far Cry before but that gameplay trailer certainly peaked my interest.

Sony's conference was a bit meh. Maybe I am in a bad mood because I had to get up at 2am to watch it and I am now sitting in work bolloxed tired. But the only new announcement that got me excited was the Monster Hunter reveal. Granted, Undertale has me stoked too but I missed the pre-show so had to hear about that from a second source :( As for the actual conference itself, the same games from last year's E3 was shown except we still don't have a solid release date for any of them. This is the second year in a row that Days Gone has had an amazing gameplay trailer and I'm still not even sure if this game is coming out in 2018. God of War, Spider-Man, Detriot etc. are all going to be released in 2018 sometime. I wanted some new announcements and solid release dates from games announced last year. Instead I got more of the same from last year

From the conferences I watched I would rate them as:

Microsoft - 4/10

Nothing from Microsoft made me want to pick up an Xbox for the first time. X box X is highly overpriced for a mid gen refresh. Sea of Thieves looked like a solid game. Hopefully it won't disappoint those with an Xbox.

Sony - 5/10

Played t way too safe. I imagine they are saving most of their announcements for PSX in December. The Spider-Man trailer was ? and the Monster Hunter announcement had me stocked. The lack of release dates for games announced last year was disappointing.

Ubisoft - 8/10

Solid conference from start to finish. Skull N Bones, Mario x Rabbids, Beyond Good and Evil 2, Far Cry 5 etc. Ubisoft killed it this year.

I'm looking forward to Nintendo's conference later today. Hopefully they take a note from Ubisoft's conference and not Sony or MS. The actual Direct will be 25 minutes but Reggie said more announcements will be made in the Treehouse afterwards. I look forward to it.

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Okay, so what did I miss?

Personally I would put the Pringles and drinks near my hands instead of right in front of the television, but whatever...

Ooooh, did I miss something seemingly edgy and potentially hilarious? Making a mental note to watch that later this week...

Wait, WHAT. I really missed something? I just played Colossus last month for the first time ever and I was complaining about how dated it was, and how cool it would have been back in the day... Excuse me, going to search for a vid now...

Oh wow, that looks stunning indeed... This time, I won't wait a decade before playing it 1f605.png

Ooooh! Me, sir! Me, me me! I was asking for it! I was asking for it less than a month ago!

Boy-putting-up-hand-in-cl-006.jpg

Yeah... all of those games are coming to PS4 as well though. I've watched neither conference but looking now I see a lot of talk about Sony exclusives that seem awesome, but I haven't heard any Microsoft exclusive that debuted on the conference and was worth talking about apparently.

Happy for you, then. I mean it looks good but it's been ported/remastered before.

So what? Microsoft still had the most games I wanted to play shown at their conference. That's what really matters, and they showed it off on their new system and they look pretty amazing. As for Microsoft exclusives shown at the conference, Sea of Thieves really stood out for me and looks like a lot of fun. Crackdown 3 is sill around, too. Sony might have had more exclusives but only one genuinely interests me: God of War. 

Edited by HaSoOoN-MHD

1 minute ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Happy for you, then. I mean it looks good but it's been ported/remastered before.

Yeah, I played the PS3 "remaster" (if you can call it that, I think they just used the term "HD") a month ago, and for the first time ever, which is why I was talking back then about how dated the game had become and how wonderful the game must have been back in the day.

It's a remake this time though, not just a PS2-to-PS4 port or anything. I would not have been excited about a port or remaster, I'm very excited about a remake though (did you watch the trailer? Looks stunning, I think)

1 minute ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

So what? Microsoft still had the most games I wanted to play shown at their conference. That's what really matters, and they showed it off on their new system and they look pretty amazing. Sony might have had exclusives but only one genuinely interests me: God of War. 

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one in the end. For me, it does not matter what games they show, for me it matters what games they show which I need/want their system for. I already have a PS4 so unless they come with something awesome that's exclusive, I don't feel the need to switch over even if their console makes it all look a bit better - I have not bothered with PS4 Pro (yet) either.

For Microsoft, you said Metro, Anthem and Assassin's Creed Origins (all of which are not exclusive). Personally, I'm only interested in Origins.

For Sony, I agree with you on God Of War (though I won't get it day one, I'll play and probably enjoy it eventually).

For me the biggest exclusive right now is Spider-Man. Looks to become a must-have for me.

I dont know what exactly they have shown about the new Uncharted spin-off but I've already decided that I want to play that as well.

That Horizon Zero Dawn DLC is interesting enough for me to want to get the game back at that point (Completed the game and wasn't about to play it soon so I traded it on again).

Days Gone, just like God Of War not a title I'm interested enough in to get days gone but I'll play it somewhere down the line, no doubt.

Shadow Of The Colossus is certainly a game I will want to play on PS4, luckily it doesn't release until 2018 so it will be a while after my PS3 playthrough.

Detroit: Become Human - well, I'm not really a big fan of Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls, but nontheless I enjoyed them enough that I will play this one eventually as well. I just hope Cage's writing has improved a bit.

All in all, for me personally it has once again been proven what I knew before I said goodbye to my X360: Microsoft sucks at exclusives - at least in my opinion Sony has much more exclusives that are worth it. Now if Microsoft would announce an Alan Wake sequel, or make their remaining Rare devs get their shit together, that would be something. But for me, showing off games that can be played on other consoles as well is not doing anything for me, it just reminds me that Xbox exclusives are few and far between, and never interesting to me.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, I Am Error said:

Here's hoping Nintendo do well today :awesome: 

Am I correct in saying that it starts about an hour and a half from now? I have to recalculate time zones and there's a bunch of different times going around. Think the correct one is 9AM PT, which should be in an hour and a half.

Edit: sorry, two and a half hours? Like I said, there's a bunch of contradicting posts online. I think one of them might not have taken daylight savings into account.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Actually found this year to be pretty bland

The games I want from 2017 already came out. Horizon, Persona 5, Nier, Nioh. Will have to wait and see how AC Origins reviews looks interesting. Wolfenstein also looks pretty good 

Was suprised to see some VR stuff, was kinda expecting it to be dead already. Wondering if they will still be showing VR stuff next year, there's no way any developer is making good money off of it with such a tiny install base.

I was hoping to see if they had made any progress with FFVII remake, guess we are still 3-4 years away from being able to play it

All in all, for me personally it has once again been proven what I knew before I said goodbye to my X360: Microsoft sucks at exclusives

Did the same thing it annoys me especially when people in games media say microsoft are lacking in exclusives like that's something new, they had hardly anything for the 360 generation either unless it was Forza, Halo or Gears pretty much the same as now. They always talk it up at the start of the generation and then fizzle out as time goes by. 

All in all I don't mind, less to buy means I can really make a dent in my backlog

Edited by tpepper1985

Well... Sony conference... um...

Well... 

Okay. 

To put it bluntly, it was standard or actually... lackluster. Which is not something I want from Sony conference. 

Plus, this year only hour conference... Sure, it was because they didn't lose time with pointless talks but it felt more like they didn't have much to show.

Hopefully they are planning to fix it on TGS and PSX.

Also, concentrating on Japanese games... Okay, Sony, say that again, please.

And Western Hunter looks shit. Screw you, Crapcom.

Still the best conference, though.

This year was weak.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Well... Sony conference... um...

Well... 

Okay. 

To put it bluntly, it was standard or actually... lackluster. Which is not something I want from Sony conference. 

Plus, this year only hour conference... Sure, it was because they didn't lose time with pointless talks but it felt more like they didn't have much to show.

Hopefully they are planning to fix it on TGS and PSX.

Also, concentrating on Japanese games... Okay, Sony, say that again, please.

And Western Hunter looks shit. Screw you, Crapcom.

Still the best conference, though.

This year was weak.

the Sony conference is actually so lame this year :(

yes we get undertale and other stuff, but we have to admit it despite that MS is kinda the same but it was still slightly better, plus everyone hoped for TLOU part 2 gameplay, or Bloodbrone 2, maybe a spyro the dragon collection announcement getting a same treatment like the crash one, or surprising us with more new JRPG's. I personally thought they'll gonna show a World of Final Fantasy 2 or something but nope.

Edited by yellowwindow7

3 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Come on... how can you say that? :/

MonHun is the best on handhelds.

Only because I do not own any of them. Had I, i would have been playing them. I had one on psp. way back in 2008 or so. But since then, I picked up a vita only on sale and bought like 3 games for it. I just always enjoyed it on PS2, with the network adapter so i was excited for the series to continue like that, hoped for it all ps3. Nothing. Glad to see it back. 

The thing about Sony's conference this year that they really needed to promote more was their preshow.  I saw a lot of games in the preshow that looked awesome and added about an hour to the overall conference.  The main stage show though was okay.  Nothing absolutely crazy, but they showed us what we want.

Games I want:

Assassins Creed Origins

Detroit

Far Cry 5

Ni No Kuni 2

These games should keep me busy for a good few months so I'm pretty happy with what came out of yesterday.  I only watch for the games, not the show.