Kill Your Completion - CYOA

15 hours ago, Edward_FOX_86 said:

Guys any advise on a game on sale right now? 

I have 6 euros to spend.

Transistor

Rebel Galaxy

Grim Fandango

Day of the Tentacle

Nightmares from the Deep

Clockwork

The latter 4 are point-and-click / hidden object games. Those are all fun in their own way-

Resistance Burning Skies

Limbo

The Litle Acre

Costume Quest 2

Oxenfree

Deadly Twoer of Monsters

Sheltered

Those were relatively decent and worth the price they're currently at.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Game 9 - Bloodborne - initial impressions

*snip*

I'm one of those people, who love the Souls games (and alike) and don't find them too difiicult in general. Nevertheless I'd say they are challenging to a certain degree. I've run Demon's Souls up to NG+7 and only had a hard time on NG+1 as the difficulty spike was massive

I have yet to finish Dark Souls 1 and 2 (haven't bought 3 yet as I'm waiting for the Goty edition to drop in price), I've beaten most of the bosses on either ot them though. There have always been 2-3 that have been a pain to get through, but after persisting I end up beating them most of the time. In DS2 it's been Smelter Demon and Mirror Knight that I've not been able to get past yet.

Bloodborne is the one I've played the least of, got maybe a couple of hours in without getting much progress done. Had a hard time adjusting to the combat style as I'm way too used to the Souls games.

I have to agree with Bloodborne being tricky to navigate through. There are far more branching paths and areas that have several levels to them, than in any of the previous Souls games. A map would have been useful in this particular game. I'll probablz have to start off from scratch once I decide to go back to it, as I'd have no clue where to go by now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I also had the same opinion as you, and I put it off for months before I finished it. The guide here is amazing as it includes videos of all the puzzles. Hope you get to play more.

I've played a lot less on the Vita, ever since buying my PS4/HDTV. I would have loved a video out option for it. But yeah, I think it's just one of those games I have to play a bit at a time. It gets tedious, when I can't figure out a puzzle, and have to keep watching the videos. Which has been the case for the majority of Stage 4.. I made it through Stage 3 without help, but this one's a pain. :/

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

The game has an optional online portion, which is enabled by default. So someone tried to "hack" me shortly after having finished the tutorial. This happened while I was trying to do a mission. Kind of annoying as I was close to completing it, but then had to search for the hacker instead. Found him hiding crouched in the bushes and shot him for interrupting my mission progress. This of course alerted the mission target that legged it and the cops as well, resulting in me having to bail until the cops gave up the search.

That sounds pretty annoying. The first game had that, too. But once you had started any kind of mission, it was impossible to be invaded. You had to be in free roam. 

10 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I've played a lot less on the Vita, ever since buying my PS4/HDTV. I would have loved a video out option for it. But yeah, I think it's just one of those games I have to play a bit at a time. It gets tedious, when I can't figure out a puzzle, and have to keep watching the videos. Which has been the case for the majority of Stage 4.. I made it through Stage 3 without help, but this one's a pain. :/

I can imagine. I think I managed about 10 levels a day, when I went back to it.

4 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Transistor

Rebel Galaxy

Grim Fandango

Day of the Tentacle

Nightmares from the Deep

Clockwork

The latter 4 are point-and-click / hidden object games. Those are all fun in their own way-

Resistance Burning Skies

Limbo

The Litle Acre

Costume Quest 2

Oxenfree

Deadly Twoer of Monsters

Sheltered

Those were relatively decent and worth the price they're currently at.

Transístor was the one I bought :) 

Maybe I'll save it for another KYC event 

2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

The game has an optional online portion, which is enabled by default. So someone tried to "hack" me shortly after having finished the tutorial. This happened while I was trying to do a mission. Kind of annoying as I was close to completing it, but then had to search for the hacker instead. Found him hiding crouched in the bushes and shot him for interrupting my mission progress. This of course alerted the mission target that legged it and the cops as well, resulting in me having to bail until the cops gave up the search.

2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

As you probably can tell, I'm not particularly a fan of this mission/skill system that blocks progress whenever it can. If you implement some nonsense like that, indicate on the mission select what skills are going to be needed, so I don't have to waste my time with it.

I knew that the game has an online portion but it's good to know that it's enabled by default. So I know for sure what I will do if I boot up the game. And this thing about the skill system sounds rather annoying TBH: Seems like you can't really mix up story and side missions to have a little more variety but instead it reads like you have to focus on the story first to get enough skill points and later on you can do all that side stuff. :|

57 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

That sounds pretty annoying. The first game had that, too. But once you had started any kind of mission, it was impossible to be invaded. You had to be in free roam. 

At least it can be turned off, I have it enabled just to potentially make progress towards the online trophies. Which reminds me of another thing that pissed me off, someone with a bounty was in my game (you hunt them down along with the police), I was close to getting him and the fucker just left the game. Why would it allow them to leave when they started the damn bounty? FFS

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I knew that the game has an online portion but it's good to know that it's enabled by default. So I know for sure what I will do if I boot up the game. And this thing about the skill system sounds rather annoying TBH: Seems like you can't really mix up story and side missions to have a little more variety but instead it reads like you have to focus on the story first to get enough skill points and later on you can do all that side stuff. :|

Yeah, it seems like it tries to push you towards the story, although there are skill points scattered around the map. I got one of them just fine (prepare for a lot of annoying puzzles throughout the game btw), the other one I found I can't seem to get to though.

Whenever you feel like trying to get the online stuff out of the way, let me know. The guide on here seems to be out of date, as some of the methods don´t work anymore ever since the game got patched.

6 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Leab3bc.png

Day 1- Dokuro

But so far, it's pretty fun. I'm not really sure why I put it off for so long. Hopefully, I can make better progress today. 

Time played: Hour, hour and a half.

Trophy progress: 3/31 for 4% and an E rank. 

I have this game. Some of the levels are Nintendo Hard(I have to dodge flame jets and keep the princess from walking into them) but overall this is a cute game. I got to Level 8 for the Alphabet Challenge on (URL not allowed). ^_^ I will probably restart this game on my bigger memory card so I can be consistent. The mechanics of the three types of chalk and changing between the skeleton kid who can double jump and the hero who can pick up the princess and keep her from having brain farts and walking into her death is fun.

3 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

The first game had the same thing, which was fun in a way, but frustrating when you're trying to do missions. I THINK it only interrupted side missions (not main missions), but I could be mistaken. Anyway, if the second game is like the first, you don't HAVE to find the hacker... just ignore him and he'll succeed and the game will go back to what you were doing before. IIRC though, in the first game it would reload when the hacker invaded and left, so you couldn't just resume where you left off. I left the Online invasions setting on until I got those trophies, then kept if off the rest of the time I played.