Kill Your Completion - CYOA

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

I can imagine. I think I managed about 10 levels a day, when I went back to it.

Unfortunately, I don't have an off switch. Lol. I'll probably get through a good chunk of it, over the next 2 days. 60 levels completed, now. Although, how many I'll have to replay for better times, remains to be seen..

2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

At least it can be turned off, I have it enabled just to potentially make progress towards the online trophies. Which reminds me of another thing that pissed me off, someone with a bounty was in my game (you hunt them down along with the police), I was close to getting him and the fucker just left the game. Why would it allow them to leave when they started the damn bounty? FFS

If I recall correctly, I couldn't quit a hack in the first game. I'd have to close the ap, or turn off the console. So, they may try to prevent it, but there's no real stopping that..

2 hours ago, MidnightCJ said:

I have this game. Some of the levels are Nintendo Hard(I have to dodge flame jets and keep the princess from walking into them) but overall this is a cute game. I got to Level 8 for the Alphabet Challenge on (URL not allowed). ^_^ I will probably restart this game on my bigger memory card so I can be consistent. The mechanics of the three types of chalk and changing between the skeleton kid who can double jump and the hero who can pick up the princess and keep her from having brain farts and walking into her death is fun.

If they were Nintendo Hard, I probably wouldn't be able to do them. Lol. I was terrible at games on the original NES. :/ But it does require watching videos for solutions quite a bit. Only going to get more and more challenging, I reckon.. 

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Leab3bc.png

Day 1- Dokuro

But so far, it's pretty fun. I'm not really sure why I put it off for so long. Hopefully, I can make better progress today. 

This is one of my favorite Vita games but I'm a sucker for a good puzzler.  Glad to see others enjoying it.

2 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

The first game had the same thing, which was fun in a way, but frustrating when you're trying to do missions. I THINK it only interrupted side missions (not main missions), but I could be mistaken. Anyway, if the second game is like the first, you don't HAVE to find the hacker... just ignore him and he'll succeed and the game will go back to what you were doing before. IIRC though, in the first game it would reload when the hacker invaded and left, so you couldn't just resume where you left off. I left the Online invasions setting on until I got those trophies, then kept if off the rest of the time I played.

Once I get the online trophies out of the way, I'm going to turn that off as well. Only need a few more dead sec events, complete 1 co-op mission and catch 5 bounties.

33 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

This is one of my favorite Vita games but I'm a sucker for a good puzzler.  Glad to see others enjoying it.

And it only costs a whopping $3. :o This last level was a major pain for me, though.. 7-7. Kept flipping the switch instead of picking up the princess, crushing us both with a block. ._. Really should have made those inputs 2 different buttons. 

20 hours ago, vin_rob said:

Blame Canada! (jk) but yeah evolving symptoms to soon will make them find you sooner.. When / if I play the game in the start I usually just focus on the transfer path like, boats airplane etc etc.  Good luck =) 

Thanks for the tip. I evolved more symptomes than tansfer paths. Maybe that was the cause for my defeat.

I'm still playing Gat out of Hell instead of my KYC game. I'll play a bit more of Plague Inc tomorrow for sure.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Whenever you feel like trying to get the online stuff out of the way, let me know. The guide on here seems to be out of date, as some of the methods don´t work anymore ever since the game got patched.

I will have probably enough free time to give the online portion a try on Sunday. But now I'm curious.
Which methods for which part of the online modes don't work anymore?

32 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I will have probably enough free time to give the online portion a try on Sunday. But now I'm curious.
Which methods for which part of the online modes don't work anymore?

It's nothing major really. The guide just fails to mention that bounties can't be triggered anymore while being at the HQ, which was the easiest way to get the "Natural Born Killer" trophy. It's still easy regardless, as it doesn't matter if you get caught as long as you get the kill on the bounty hunter.

21 minutes ago, Lars said:

Game 8: Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

L6e2c3c.png

I was a bit hesitant towards this game because i suck at mp shooters. I think i'm one of the few who once pulled it off in a COD match to have 2 kills and 36 deaths in one game. 

Therefore i started with the Garden Ops which was a mistake. That was much more difficult then i thought it would be. I died already in wave 2 so i wasn't very good. But the mp part went much better. I tried it and i had a positive KD ratio in every match i played.

I'm in a similar position. I never was the type of person that played shooters, whether it's first or third person. The only ones I played, if you want to count them are Uncharted and Deadpool. Therefor I'm a real scrub when it comes to games that heavily rely on shooter-mechanics. But I still had quite a lot of fun in the few hours I played the game. Nonetheless it's no game I'm eager to play for a longer period.

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

Haven't played BB yet, but I've done Demon's Souls and Dark 1 & 2. The no pause seems horrible, but it's not as bad as it first seems. Enemies stay dead until you side again, so if you can quickly clear an area, or run back to a previously cleared one, you can usually just let it sit there idle while you handle the kids. If all that fails, dying really isn't that big of a deal in these games, just give you another chance to practice the enemies. 

I will give you one piece of probably unwanted advice. Consider any Souls you have on you when a boss fight starts to be forfeit. If you're worried about losing souls, or trying to recover ones you dropped on a previous attempt, you won't be focused on surviving and killing. 

Also, the thread will remain open. Lots of people continue posting game progress and updates, or just random chatter, between the events. If the past is an indicator it will remain relatively active right up until the next event goes. Live.

Thanks for the update and tips. And you're right, the no pause in BB isn't as bad as say, the cutscenes in MGS2 and 3 (as I played through 2-4 and Peace Walker for the first time on my PS3, I was so happy that MGS4 let you pause cutscenes!). Last night I found a couple of spots where I could just hang out; thankfully any enemies that haven't spotted you will just wander around without seeing you for the most part.

Also, according to something I read online today, exiting to the menu saves your place in the game world, so that should be helpful. Thankfully the load times are pretty short, at least for the areas I've been to so far. A PS4 Pro would probably make it even faster, but I'm still running my launch PS4.

Dying is a learning experience, as you say, but in BB the game world looks very same-y and it's hard to tell where I should go next most of the time, even with a walkthrough.

The lack of pausing wouldn't be as big of a deal for me with older kids, but I have a toddler and infant, so when I need to pull myself away from gaming it needs to be pretty quick.

On 7/26/2017 at 9:45 AM, voodoo_eyes said:

I have to agree with Bloodborne being tricky to navigate through. There are far more branching paths and areas that have several levels to them, than in any of the previous Souls games. A map would have been useful in this particular game. I'll probablz have to start off from scratch once I decide to go back to it, as I'd have no clue where to go by now.

I feel like that is exactly why there SHOULDN'T be a mini map in souls games. The levels are huge and multi layered. They are designed to learn by trial and error. They are also supposed to be replayed often enough (read: die so often you see it lots) that you memorize them. Everything is connected and there are shortcuts all over. A minimal would look like a mutant pretzel. 

It's been months since I plat'ed Bloodborne, but I can still see all the areas in my head. It's a part of the game and it's allure. Having a mini map would break the whole design. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jaguargenie said:

I feel like that is exactly why there SHOULDN'T be a mini map in souls games. The levels are huge and multi layered. They are designed to learn by trial and error. They are also supposed to be replayed often enough (read: die so often you see it lots) that you memorize them. Everything is connected and there are shortcuts all over. A minimal would look like a mutant pretzel. 

It's been months since I plat'ed Bloodborne, but I can still see all the areas in my head. It's a part of the game and it's allure. Having a mini map would break the whole design. 

I get your point, and I'd agree that the souls games in general don't need a map, mostly because they aren't remotely as convoluted as Bloodborne is. In the souls games the environment differs a lot from area to area, making navigation relatively simple as the various sections, albeit linked to one another are their own separate location.

From what I played of Bloodborne and seeing as I haven't played a lot of it (compared to the games that inspired it), I might not have a full impression of it yet, nevertheless it feels more like one massive area to me. The environment in that game feels much more complex, hence why I don't think a map would've been a bad idea. I don't believe a map hinders exploration either, when I speak of map I don't mean one that gives away enemies position, or chest locations or even hidden areas, but rather one that simply shows the basic layout as a border.

2 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I get your point, and I'd agree that the souls games in general don't need a map, mostly because they aren't remotely as convoluted as Bloodborne is. In the souls games the environment differs a lot from area to area, making navigation relatively simple as the various sections, albeit linked to one another are their own separate location.

From what I played of Bloodborne and seeing as I haven't played a lot of it (compared to the games that inspired it), I might not have a full impression of it yet, nevertheless it feels more like one massive area to me. The environment in that game feels much more complex, hence why I don't think a map would've been a bad idea. I don't believe a map hinders exploration either, when I speak of map I don't mean one that gives away enemies position, or chest locations or even hidden areas, but rather one that simply shows the basic layout as a border.

Fair enough. Though the further you progress the more the environments change. 

All this talk makes me want to go back and play more bloodborne...?