Post your top 3 platinum trophies, that you worked hardest to get.

Mullerkludd

I think my three toughest are my three rarest (not surprisingly):

1. SingStar (PS3 disc version) - Not the kind of game I would normally buy, but it came bundled with my PS3. Being into trophies now, I would never touch this game, haha. The hardest part was getting 1k 4 star ratings for a piece of media. Required heavy boosting/dummy account creation. And then you're still left with some other pretty tough trophies, incl. DLCs requiring Move and Guitar peripherals. Why, younger me, why?
  2. EA Sports Active 2 - Not that bad actually, except for the three "long distance" trophies. 1000 km each running/biking/boarding. I actually did most of it legit until the damn counter glitched and stopped counting my progress. After that I gave up for a while and just shook the sensors while watching Netflix. At least it got me started on an exercise routine, though.
  3. FIFA 11 - Xmas present from my brothers. Another game I'd probably avoid today. Multiple tough MP-related trophies, including needing 10 real people in a match at once. Oh, and it was glitchy, so I had to do way more than 50 online club matches. But the worst part was winning the cup with an online club. I actually managed to find a group to boost but I stupidly went to the XMB near the end to chat so I got booted from the final. Had to find another group and do it again.

Added bonus: All three plats are now unobtainable due to online trophies.

• Like 1

1. Grand Theft Auto 4 - This game is not really hard, just took so much time to grind for online trophies. I spend almost 8 hours per day just to play Hangman NOOSE over and over again. Fortunately I was a full time student during that time and my campus internet speed was very great so I managed to platinum this game. I doubt I could platinum this game again now since I have a job and not much free time.

2. The Evil Within - This is my toughest platinum trophy. I really hate Akumu mode to the max, especially when enemies can use gun and machinegun. Seriously, Shinji Mikami, dont give me monsters with guns in any survival horror games! I hope The Evil Within 2 has no bullshits in Akumu mode or better yet, no Akumu mode.

3. Catherine - I like this game and this is one of the very few games (such as Personas, GTAs 3D universe, fixed camera angle Resident Evils) where I still play religiously even after I got the platinum trophy. The Babel challenges are hard, but I enjoy it just like a masochist. I hope Atlus will make a sequel. The gaming world need more puzzle games like these, not those online dude-bro games. I wont let those dude-bro games touch my account even with 10 feet pole. Never!

• Like 2

On 2017. 07. 02. at 9:27 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

2. FFXIII (5/10): 127 hours... a ton of endless grinding if you played when it was released like me. Now with easy mode, it's super easy and can be done in 70 hours. Initially I'd give it a 7/10 as the battles were challenging, but with easy mode it's probably gone to a 4 or 5.

Sadly, easy mode is only available for the japanese PS3 version or the PC version of the game. I platted the game this year and it took me 110hours to do it. (EU version)  The funny thing is that  i also have the japanese PS3 version, but since i dont know japanese, i didnt wanted to play that and i only discovered the existence of easy mode later, when i was grinding for gil, so i tried to load my save game in the japanese version, but it wasnt compatible, so i had to do the grind without easy mode. :D

Anyway, here is my top 3 platinum list:

1. Final Fantasy XIII:

110hours for the plat and like 40 of that was pure grinding

2. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag:

Dont know how much time it took, but every minute of the multiplayer trophies were hell...

The single player was fun tho and thats the only reason i wanted the plat. :D

3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt platinum + 100%:

Took me 100hours to get the platinum and another 50 to get 100% on dlcs

The trophies were mostly easy, but there was a lot of missable things and one trophy glitched on me :/

• Like 2

1. Surgeon Simulator: (0.58%)

This game alone is difficult but doing it post patch and having to A++ all surgeries ended up pushing my gaming limits to a point i don't ever want to experience again..

2. Rocksmith 2014 (0.76%)

Taking this on with no experience in playing guitar was a long and difficult journey but very enjoyable. Was also good cause i got some productivity out of trophy hunting for a change lol

3. Super Street Fighter 4: (0.76%)

The trials in this are a big challenge and leveling every character to C rank is a stupid grind..

Edited by Demon--Prototype
  • Like 2

Batman Arkham Asylum- 8/10. Two words; Combat Challenges. I was constantly raging by the endless attempts to complete these. Fighting games aren't my specialty. I spent ages trying to do these, but hours of restarting and countless fails, I managed to achieve it in the end.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3- 8/10. Those damn spec ops missions. Getting an actual random person to stick to it and obtain 3 stars was so hard. 

GTA V- 7/10. Getting 100 gold medals on story missions, strangers and freaks etc. was a pain. Not to mention the other trophies for knife flights and collectibles, that put in some hours.

• Like 1

PROTOTYPE - I hated this game from the bottom of my heart, I had to beat the game without dying, then beat it on hard mode, then get all the landmark collectables (they weren't located on the map so it was very easy to miss one) I had to print off a map with them all on and ticked them off as I went along. Then the annoying challenges I had to get platinum rating in. I was raging over this one, thankfully the second one is a long easier and better, I thought the story sucked for Prototype! Infamous is a much better game. 

BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM/CITY - Combat challenges in Asylum. Stealth Challenges for Catwoman and Robin in City.

ASSASSIN'S CREED BROTHERHOOD - Boosting the MP to level 50. I needed 6 players in alliance mode to all take it in turns to stun everybody to boost XP but once people reached Level 50, they would leave and leave the remaining 5 people in the shit until someone else came along and to get them to stick along and not do whatever the fuck they wanted was so tiring after repeated messages telling them not too, they just didn't give a fuck, then they wondered why I unfriended them afterwards and made it out like I was the bad guy. Boosting The Last of Us with 8 people was blissful unlike this one, still have bitter memories of this game. Luckily I did Abstergo with one guy and his dummy account who was pretty cool :)

Notable mentions

- Wipeout HD/2048 - I think these games are easy but they are a grind

- Brutal Legend - I had that horrible bug happen to me where it glitched at 78% in game completion, had to start the game again

- Rayman Legends - Took advantage of the glitched diamond cup challenge like a cheap fuck after I rage quitted trying to do it legit

1) Digimon All-Star Rumble - Not necessarily dificult, but ridiculously grindy to Plat.

2) Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - My first remotely challenging Plat. Grindy a little bit, but with some legit challenge.

3) Ratchet and Clank (PS3) - I only have 7 Platinums and this was the most challenging one left. Not crazy hard, but relative to the rest of my Plats, it took some decent work.

Note - Ratchet and Clank 2 will claim this spot once I Plat it, due to the fly-through-rings missions only giving a Platinum Bolt if you Perfect it. The only thing standing between me and the Plat is the final fly-through-rings mission.

Honorable Mention) The LEGO Movie Video Game. Pretty easy, but requires legitimate work.

Edited by pyrotempestwing
Forgot to add this.

7 hours ago, gabor434 said:

Sadly, easy mode is only available for the japanese PS3 version or the PC version of the game. I platted the game this year and it took me 110hours to do it. (EU version)  The funny thing is that  i also have the japanese PS3 version, but since i dont know japanese, i didnt wanted to play that and i only discovered the existence of easy mode later, when i was grinding for gil, so i tried to load my save game in the japanese version, but it wasnt compatible, so i had to do the grind without easy mode. :D

Oh right I didn't know that. I played the EU version originally way back in 2010 which was a nightmare platinum, and then the JP version last year which had easy mode added so I'd assumed it was added onto the EU and US releases as well. I platted the JP version very quickly though in 75 hours as using easy mode post game just for the drop rates against turtles was very high, like 95% for platinum ingots so it was easy to just buy trapezohedrons. Yeah the saves don't seem to be shared, must be because its so old. 

3. Final Fantasy X HD

Pretty much because of the grind that was necessary to fill the sphere grid. Still fun though, in a way...

1Sc107bf.png Completion

2. Disgaea D2

Every Disgaea game involves a lot of post game grinding, D2 was no difference. Like any grind, it gets boring at one point, but I wanted to plat it because the first Disgaea: Hour of Darkness is one of my all time favorite games (I played the shit of of that), and D2 hat the orignal cast of Laharl, Flnne - and Etna. ❤️

It was pure coincidence that the plat was also my 1.500th trophy.

1S545f20.png Universal Recognition

1. Catherine

This one was the hardest for me due to the Babel Challenges. Climbing the Babel stages is something I am not good at. It took many, many frustrating attempts. Yet, the trophy image is one of my favorites:

1S6a6ba6.png Cheers to you

Edited by Rally-Vincent---

Difficulty wise I'd say Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Metal Gear Rising and Vanquish, easy overall but that freakin challenge 6 took me 25 or so hours of attempts.

Dedication wise I'd say White Knight Chronicles (648 hours), Star Ocean Last Hope (574 hours), White Knight Chronicles II (498 hours).

MAG - I got the platinum in 2011 on my original account (Patrick8095). It was very time consuming it took over 200+ hours for me, but I enjoyed every minute I spent playing it. It is now unobtainable as the servers were shutdown in 2014.

1L19c9e6.png

Mortal KombatA platinum I recently got just over a month ago. A few trophies were somewhat difficult Completing all of the tower missions, You Found Me!, Ladder Master, but nothing that was very hard. The online trophies are easily boostable now during off peak hours, as the game is 6 years old now.

1L9e6241.png

Yakuza 3 - A platinum that will take at least 80+ hours for most people. The baseball minigame, and some of the ultimate challenges were tough to complete. 

1L2f326d.png

- Metal Gear Solid 2, Virtually impossible: those VR challenges are very difficult, especially solid snake' ones

- Metal Gear solid 4, sounds of the battlefield: have to finish the story at least 8 times, including at maximun difficulty and obtaining big boss rank. So stressful.

- Dead Space 2, Hard to the core: finish the game with only three saves. 

i also have to mention: Assassin creed 3 (trophy of 100% ), Assassin Creed Brotherhood (the infamous employee of the month) and metal gear peace walker (all of it, the worst metal gear IMHO). The batman arkham games were challenging but very enjoyable.