The 13 Plats of Halloween

4 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Okay I'm in. Here're my first 3:

1. Until Dawn

2. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

3. Alien: Isolation

OK you're in! Let me know how you like Hellblade. I'm very curious about that one. 

4 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

I'm still very much in~ I'll only list four for now since school is a factor now, sadly. The ones I wanna do for sure are:

Resident Evil 4

Lone Survivor

Grim Fandango

Zero Time Dilemma

I'll probably plat two of them, plat P5 for my 20th plat milestone, then finish up the other two :)

P5 will be a good milestone plat. I set up Bloodborne for my #20.

Edited by Toogie53

I'd definitely like to join! So far my list is:

1. Costume Quest
  2. Costume Quest 2
  3. forma.8
  4. Limbo
  5. Lollipop Chainsaw
  6. Murdered: Soul Suspect
  7. Oxenfree
  8. South Park: The Stick of Truth
  9. The Deadly Tower of Monsters
  10. Until Dawn
  11. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Edited by Surge3Beast
Added games to list
  • Like 1

I'll be playing the original Bioshock at September 1st, i have Dead Nation and OdWorld: Much Odysey  ready to go too, while I bought some others, I want to add The Evil Within and The Last Of Us to the list as well, but if I add so much AAA games I'll probably end up finish none :/ so I'll update later.

Also as a personal achievement I'll try my best to finish the godanm plat for Resident Evil Revelations and maybe Demons Souls, Devil May cry and Devil May Cry 2

• Like 1

There's some good horror games in the NA flash sale today and The Evil Within is $5 in the Quake Con Sale. 

8 hours ago, Intresseklubben said:

I'll give this a go too! I'll try to start and finish:

1. Costume Quest 2 (a real gem, try it if you haven't)

2. Until Dawn

3. Metro 2033 Redux

4. Dead Space

5. The Darkness 2 

I'm looking forward to this 1f601.png #2spooky

That's a good list. I'm holding out for a sale on Costume Quest 2. But it's only $15 normally so I'll pull the trigger on it before Halloween in either case. 

My list is slowly coming together, 

1. Silent Hill 2

2. Silent Hill 3

3. Claire

4. Metro 2033 Redux

5. How To Survive 2

6. Hotline Miami 2

7. Amnesia Collection

8. Outlast 

9. Outlast 2(these two are subject to change as I get easily frustrated with them) 

10. White Night

11. The Escapists The Walking Dead 

12. Sonic Unleashed

13. Alien Isolation. 

Edited by bruin-rocks

@Toogie53 I am out on a camping trip so only have access to my Vita, was thinking of platting Claire early, was wondering if I were to plat it now on my trip can it still count as one of my 13? Or does it have to be platted after September 1st? I'm planning on being in the top 50 Fastest for the game, so if I have to wait, I may have to pick a different game. 

Edited by bruin-rocks

3 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

@Toogie53 I am out on a camping trip so only have access to my Vita, was thinking of platting Claire early, was wondering if I were to plat it now on my trip can it still count as one of my 13? Or does it have to be platted after September 1st? I'm planning on being in the top 50 Fastest for the game, so if I have to wait, I may have to pick a different game. 

I understand. I'm ok if you do this. I'm mostly here to have fun and the constraints/rules I stated were simply for organization purposes to define what this event is. If someone ends up finishing a game on November 2nd and wants it to count I'll probably let that slide as well. We can color outside the line a bit since this isn't a competitive head to head type event. 

Edited by Toogie53

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

I understand. I'm ok if you do this. I'm mostly here to have fun and the constraints/rules I stated were simply for organization purposes to define what this event is. If someone ends up finishing a game on November 2nd and wants it to count I'll probably let that slide as well. We can color outside the line a bit since this isn't a competitive head to head type event. 

Thank you very much! Definitely going to make the camping trip a little more exciting, haha. I'll get a platinum and put it towards an event, heres hoping I can make fastest achievers list! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bruin-rocks said:

Thank you very much! Definitely going to make the camping trip a little more exciting, haha. I'll get a platinum and put it towards an event, heres hoping I can make fastest achievers list! 

Good luck. I'm going to try to beat your time when I see it because Claire is on my list too

Oh, heck yeah. I was going to do 13 spooky games for the Fall 2017 Backlog Challenge anyway, so this is perfect.

I'm actually going to try for something bold here. That's right -- 13 plats ON Halloween. Naturally I'll have to get all but one or two trophies in each game before October 31, but I think it's doable. My tentative list is as follows:

1. Batman: Arkham Knight (the only game on this list that I'm currently playing... I'll try for the plat and 100%)
  2. Batman: The Telltale Series (does this one fit the theme?)
  3. Claire
  4. Metro: Last Light
  5. Resident Evil something something (depends on how much money I have when this is over)
  6. The Deadly Tower of Monsters
  7. The Escapists: The Walking Dead
  8. The Evil Within
  9. White Day: A Labyrinth Named School
  10. Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (this doesn't release until October 24, so this is cutting it close)
  11. TBA
  12. TBA
  13. TBA

I can foresee several things ruining my run (the community challenge events in Arkham Knight, Yomawari not releasing until a week before the event ends, accidental platinums, me wetting my pants, my financial situation, life, etc.), so I'd like to keep this list flexible, if that's okay. For example, I might end up playing multiple Resident Evil games if I like the series, or I may downgrade this to a 13 plat/100% run if I don't have the time to complete some of these games and would rather play Limbo or Inside instead.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

On 26/8/2017 at 2:16 AM, Cassylvania said:

Oh, heck yeah. I was going to do 13 spooky games for the Fall 2017 Backlog Challenge anyway, so this is perfect.

I'm actually going to try for something bold here. That's right -- 13 plats ON Halloween. Naturally I'll have to get all but one or two trophies in each game before October 31, but I think it's doable. My tentative list is as follows:

1. Batman: Arkham Knight (the only game on this list that I'm currently playing... I'll try for the plat and 100%)
  2. Batman: The Telltale Series (does this one fit the theme?)
  3. Claire
  4. Metro: Last Light
  5. Resident Evil something something (depends on how much money I have when this is over)
  6. The Deadly Tower of Monsters
  7. The Escapists: The Walking Dead
  8. The Evil Within
  9. White Day: A Labyrinth Named School
  10. Yomawari: Midnight Shadows (this doesn't release until October 24, so this is cutting it close)
  11. TBA
  12. TBA
  13. TBA

I can foresee several things ruining my run (the community challenge events in Arkham Knight, Yomawari not releasing until a week before the event ends, accidental platinums, me wetting my pants, my financial situation, life, etc.), so I'd like to keep this list flexible, if that's okay. For example, I might end up playing multiple Resident Evil games if I like the series, or I may downgrade this to a 13 plat/100% run if I don't have the time to complete some of these games and would rather play Limbo or Inside instead.

You like adrenalin don't you? ? you should try some RE game that doesn't take you much time to plat, maybe the Resident Evil HD Remaster, cuz Revelations 1 takes much time, Revelations 2 will need you to finish it many times like Resident evil 5/6, and the 4 doesn't have plat ? well it depends on how much time you have, I just don't recomend u going for the plat Of Revelation 1, is a great game but the raid mode trophies are way too hard 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

You like adrenalin don't you? 1f602.png you should try some RE game that doesn't take you much time to plat, maybe the Resident Evil HD Remaster, cuz Revelations 1 takes much time, Revelations 2 will need you to finish it many times like Resident evil 5/6, and the 4 doesn't have plat 1f612.png well it depends on how much time you have, I just don't recomend u going for the plat Of Revelation 1, is a great game but the raid mode trophies are way too hard 

I live for epic challenges. :P

Thanks for your suggestions. You're definitely right. Time is going to be my greatest enemy here. Worst case scenario, though, I can just play a bunch of those horror-themed point-and-click games that they have on the PS store. I was kiiinda hoping for a sale, but $10 a pop isn't too bad, if they're at least a little fun.

I won't touch Revelations right now. Based on what I've heard, The Evil Within is going to be my "main" game during this event. I don't need two lengthy games eating up the bulk of my time.

I also already own Resident Evil HD, since it was a free monthly PS+ game (I think?), so that saves me some money.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2017 at 0:16 AM, Cassylvania said:

Hey! Thanks for joining. I thought about doing the same thing but decided not to wait and just get the 13th on Halloween night. 

2 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

I have a quick question: would Danganronpa count? I doesn't look like a horror, but it seems to have some creepy aspects to it. (I'm really not sure about this one, it's just a game I've been meaning to plat for a while lol.)

I'm not really screening games. I kind of think if it gives you Halloween vibes then it's in. You decide. I only know a little about Danganronpa and know its about a murder mystery and there's a crazy bear thing. I assume it's creepy and creepy relates to Halloween in my mind. 

1 hour ago, bruin-rocks said:

I did not play Claire, I felt even though this is a pretty casual event I wanted to play by the rules. So I will make Claire my first plat hopefully achieving it around Midnight on September 1st 

OK that's totally fine. I kind of had some trophy weirdness for the contest myself. My daughter was playing with my Vita and started up Dying Reborn which I was thinking about swapping into my list. She popped a few trophies while I played through the new episode of Guardians of the Galaxy. I guess it would still work since I'm allowing backlog games. I really wish the vita allowed multiple profiles. 

Edited by Toogie53

2 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I'm not really screening games. I kind of think if it gives you Halloween vibes then it's in. You decide. I only know a little about Danganronpa and know its about a murder mystery and there's a crazy bear thing. I assume it's creepy and creepy relates to Halloween in my mind.

Cool, I may add that one to the list if I have the time to play it~

Anyway, I was looking at the new trophy lists that have come out, and I figured that listing some of them may help others who may still want to add some games and aren't sure what else they wish to add:

Detention (a Taiwanese horror game that seems similar to Lone Survivor in gameplay)

White Day: A Labyrinth Named School (a Korean horror game, remade for the PS4; I saw some gameplay today and it looks like it's still pretty scary despite the original being released way back in 2001)

Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul (a VR-exclusive[?] game based off the popular movie series, seems to be very short)

Night Trap: 25th Anniversary Edition (I'm sure you know what this is)

Don't Knock Twice (another first-person horror game with VR compatibility, there is a VR and non-VR version so be careful about what you buy!)

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (by the guys at Ninja Theory, a game with Norse influence about a woman who suffers from psychosis)

Resident Evil Revelations (I played this on my 360, it's amazing and you should all try it)

Four of these games will be out before the first. I couldn't find release dates for Detention, Don't Knock Twice, and Paranormal Activity but I would assume that they'll be out before Halloween :)

Edited by ShakeNBake663
  • Like 1

Halloween is my favorite time of the year and I would be playing these kinds of games anyway, so I'm in. Also nice to see a community event on here that isn't a hard commitment. I'm bad about finishing games within a certain amount of time, so this is way better for me. All of these games are in my backlog except for White Day, which I know I'm getting as a birthday gift. 

1. Dark Souls

2. Resident Evil Revelations

3. Murdered: Soul Suspect

4. White Day: A Labyrinth Named School

5. The Darkness 2

6. Silent Hill: Downpour

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ImplyingYouCare said:

Halloween is my favorite time of the year and I would be playing these kinds of games anyway, so I'm in. Also nice to see a community event on here that isn't a hard commitment. I'm bad about finishing games within a certain amount of time, so this is way better for me. All of these games are in my backlog except for White Day, which I know I'm getting as a birthday gift. 

1. Dark Souls

2. Resident Evil Revelations

3. Murdered: Soul Suspect

4. White Day: A Labyrinth Named School

5. The Darkness 2

6. Silent Hill: Downpour

Hey there. I'm glad I decided to loosen up my rules a bit because at first it was kind of hardcore. But I'd rather have more people involved. I'll get you added to the who's in section. I've platinumed Murder: Soul Suspect already myself. It was one of my first PS4 games but I had to replay it again recently to get collectibles. I'd recommend a guide because some of the wall scribble collectibles feel impossible otherwise. . 

• Like 1

Thanks for the new releases, @ShakeNBake663! It's useful to see what other people are playing, as there's no easy way to find all of the Halloween-themed games, aside from a top 10 list.

Does anybody know any spooky games with a decent plat image or name? It might be useful if somebody wants to lock in one of these games as a milestone. I might even consider it for #100, if I can earn an additional 10 platinums before October 31.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Thanks for the new releases, @ShakeNBake663! It's useful to see what other people are playing, as there's no easy way to find all of the Halloween-themed games, aside from a top 10 list.

Does anybody know any spooky games with a decent plat image or name? It might be useful if somebody wants to lock in one of these games as a milestone. I might even consider it for #100, if I can earn an additional 10 platinums before October 31.

I like Amnesia Collection's plat. I didn't think about it for a milestone badge but perhaps I'll aim to make it my number 30. You kind of have to see it bigger to understand it though. 

1La37e7a.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

The Resident Evil games have some good ones, especially the Revelations games.

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/9954e2/trophies/1L7c0a6d.pnghttps://i.psnprofiles.com/games/3ce1cb/trophies/1L85d6d2.png

The ones for White Day and Until Dawn are also pretty nice:

https://i.psnprofiles.com/games/ba34f9/trophies/1Lc05db0.pnghttps://i.psnprofiles.com/games/7b85ad/trophies/1Ld98210.png

...But that Amnesia one is also really cool :D

• Like 1

Hey guys. So.. I'm making the badges and it just didn't come out as cool looking as I had hoped with the PS Shapes logo in it. I tried adding a bold number 13 and I like that better but I wanted to get your opinions. I also thought about putting the platinum trophy shape on it, let me know if you're interested in that. I think my current favorite is the one with the yellow numbers. I could play with the shapes logo more too and put the official colors into the stitches or cut out the interior shapes. I'd say it's like 80% done. I plan to improve the textures a bit more to make it look more like thread.

Badge1.pngBadge2.pngBadge3.png

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1