The 13 Plats of Halloween

46 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

@Toogie53 Awesome. :) I'll keep going with what I originally posted for now. 

Dark Souls 2 is pretty good but for the pyro/hex/miracle/sorceries trophies in scholar of the first sin, you have to play some of the dlc. There's only one you have to fully complete for a spell and it's kind of tough. Not trying to swade you away from it, just a bit of a heads up. As for TLoU, the online is kind of difficult to do, especially the journeys but the SP campaign is such an amazing experience. Bioshock is a great choice though. 

I've played the single player campaign three times over the past couple years  and it is SO GOOD! However, since I was not trophy hunting until a couple months ago, I haven't gotten many of the trophies from it and it's at 5% complete. 

@Toogie53 Ahh. That makes sense. It's so good that I've played it 14 times total on both versions lol. It's not overly difficult (even on grounded) but I wasn't fond of the online. They shouldn't have made trophies for it, or at least seperated it from the main game trophies. I wish you all the luck though! You can do it. :) 

Alright, made some more progress.

First off, White Night most certainly fits the bill. I played thru a bit of it, found the atmosphere, art style and pacing on point, but the "combat" and checkpoints leave a bunch to be desired. I became very frustrated at a couple of sequences. Will return to finish it, but maybe on a day I am more forgiving. 

Finished Murdered: Soul Suspect. Not sure it deserves all of the criticism. I think it told its story well and was fairly entertaining to play thru.

Current state of the list:

1) South Park: Stick of Truth (98%, plat hold)

2) Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

3) Lone Survivor

4) Dying: Reborn

5) Goosebumps (Plat)

6) Kholat

7) Murdered: Soul Suspect (Plat)

8) Grim Fandango

9) Salt & Sanctuary

10) Oxenfree

11) Dead Synchronicity

12) White Night (13%, in progress)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Finished Murdered: Soul Suspect. Not sure it deserves all of the criticism. I think it told its story well and was fairly entertaining to play thru.

I agree. I picked Murdered up on the Halloween sale last year for around $8. I thought it was fine. Not one to write home about but not the disaster that others seem to think. I don't know what it's launch price was but I do think I would feel disappointed if I plopped out $60 for it. It kind of echoes my thoughts about The Order: 1886. I didn't have any expectations when I picked it up and I loved it! My only complaint is they used QTEs for anything truly interesting. I hope a sequel comes out to unnecessarily "redeem" itself.

P.S. Finally got the glitched Oxenfree trophy tonight!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

@Uchiha_Snake__ Well happy birthday! Bioshock is such a good series. Wish they'd make another one. Are you playing all 3? 

I'm sure everyone will catch up then too lol but right now, motivation station! Everyone has decent lists and I know all of us can finish them by the end of October. 

Many thanks!? I had not considered playing the whole series for the event but i think that plat at least bioshock 2 may be easier and faster than TLoU or The Evil Within,  so I'll considered 

Hmm, since other people are doing the South Park games, I'm tempted to add both Stick of Truth (PS3) and the Fractured But Whole.

Also with how much I'm playing it, I might as well add White Day. The plat is so grindy so I don't have high hopes of finishing it (...ever, really) but maybe with enough patience, I can get it done. Whoever decided to make Hell x10 a trophy is sadistic, though, since you can't save on Hell Mode.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Many thanks!1f600.png I had not considered playing the whole series for the event but i think that plat at least bioshock 2 may be easier and faster than TLoU or The Evil Within,  so I'll considered 

It definitely would be easier and faster lol As long as it's fun, I say do what you feel like :P 

Based on what I'm reading, I'll probably drop White Day and add South Park. From what I understand, you can pre-order the new South Park game (which releases on October 17) and you get Stick of Truth as a free PS4 download.

I think that's the only way to play it on the PS4, but it gives you two weeks to platinum either or both games.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Based on what I'm reading, I'll probably drop White Day and add South Park. From what I understand, you can pre-order the new South Park game (which releases on October 17) and you get Stick of Truth as a free PS4 download.

I think that's the only way to play it on the PS4, but it gives you two weeks to platinum either or both games.

I was able to get the download for Stick of Truth at the time of pre-order thru the PSN store.  I recommend it to any South Park fan.

I am stuck indoors due to local storm activity. Great time to pound away at some progress here. Finished Dying: Reborn. Short, painless plat. Really straightforward progress, puzzles, and collectibles. Dialogue is a little cringeworthy, but not too bad.  

Also snuck in some Diablo action. Did a greater rift, but it may have been Torment 13 difficulty. The challenge was to beat it in 15 minutes.... took me an hour and countless deaths.  Have to do the hardcore mode run and 4 characters to max so this will be the largest challenge in terms of completion for this event.

• Like 1

Since you were asking for updated lists, here's mine:

Grim Fandango (done~)

Layers of Fear

Resident Evil 4

Zero Time Dilemma

Persona 5 (my first new addition)

Danganronpa 1-2 Reload (the second new addition)

Progress is slow cuz school, but I started P5 up again and am very close to the plat :)

Edited by ShakeNBake663
  • Like 1

Right now my projected list is

Costume Quest

Costume Quest 2

Saw

Saw 2

The Bunker

Diablo 3: ROS

The Walking Dead

The Eacapists: The Walking Dead

Batman (the telltale one)

Batman always makes me think of Halloween because I dressed as Batman villains for like five years as a kid. But if that one doesn't fly for everyone, let me know.

• Like 1

I finally platinumed plants vs. zombie GW2. I really just need a good team for the waves at the very end and find all the collectibles. For anyone that loved part 1, I highly recommend GW2 because its more of the same with more content. 

1. Minecraft Story Mode

2. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2  :platinum:

3. Until Dawn

4. Batman Arkham Knight

5. Mad Max

6. Zombie Driver HD

7. The Last of Us Remastered

8. Dying Reborn

9. The Evil Within

10. Darksiders

11. MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies

12. How to Survive 2

13. Goosebumbs 

If anyone is playing last of us remaster send me a FR because that MP grind is real pain. I have done one fraction but still need the other.

Edited by redcar200

I hope you all are doing well and enjoying your trophy hunt. I'm having a lot of fun; but also some bad luck with my personal trophy hunt. I keep needing extra playthroughs. This has happened with Oxenfree, Goosebumps, and Alien Isolation so far! Oxenfree was glitchy but the other two were just me messing up. I'm scared that I tapped my screen or something in Grim Fandango and I won't pop the trophy for using tank controls the entire time. I don't want to do that one twice! Haha. I was hoping to be at four plats this weekend but it hasn't worked out that way. ?

**EDIT**

I've finished the weekly updates for the main post. If I've missed something let me know.

Edited by Toogie53

14 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Batman always makes me think of Halloween because I dressed as Batman villains for like five years as a kid. But if that one doesn't fly for everyone, let me know.

That reason is pretty much exactly why I decided to say you decide what counts for you. It sounds like Batman would have some specific Halloweeen nostalgia/memories for you. So I think it's a great choice!

6 hours ago, redcar200 said:

If anyone is playing last of us remaster send me a FR because that MP grind is real pain. I have done one fraction but still need the other.

I'll add you as soon as I'm decent enough not to be an embarassment. Seriously so far, I'm pretty much dead last every round so I'd be a drain on you. 

I also am considering a second event after this. I was thinking of doing a smaller one where you go for a few difficult trophies. Not necessarily platinuming the games but doing that trophy that pretty much makes or breaks people. If you have this trophy, the platinum is basically a foregone conclusion and just a matter of time. This would be something hard like the Hell X10 that @GlennRhee mentioned; One Shot in Alien Isolation (which I am currently struggling with); Bloodborne's Yharnam Phtumerian Queen would be good a good fit too. 

For the rules, unlike this event, quantity is not the goal, it would simply be 1 for bronze, 2 for silver, 3 for gold, 4 for platinum. I'd probably do the same merit badge template and put a Christmas-type icon on it, maybe with a little edge like a present with spikes or something. I also kind of have a funny idea from Elf. The gnarwhal that says, "Bye Buddy! Hope you find your dad." always cracks me up. I'd think it was funny to make a bonus gnarwhal badge for people that finish a game (hard or not) where you have to find your dad. I can't think of any myself, but I'm sure there are some out there. I'd probably let people pick their own trophy list again because I want to be inclusive and what is hard for me may not be hard for you and vice versa; but I'd probably need to black list some titles that are known for being easy like My Name is Mayo, The Lego Games, Tell Tale etc. I'm not saving they are bad, I really enjoy almost all the Tell Tale stuff actually. I just want it to be harder than that. At first, I thought rarity could be the controlling factor but after thinking about it rarity does not always equal difficulty. Bloodborne, for example, has almost 30% of people getting the platinum and I thought it was very hard. 

If I do the event, Iwouldn't post this event early like I did this time. I'd probably just post it a week or two ahead of time to get sign-ups and that's all. So your feedback would be appreciated. I am also thinking about calling it, "Hard On for the Holidays" is that too risque? Do you think this is a good idea, even if my name is horrible? Think the rules need some tweaking? Let me know please! Other than this post, I won't mention it because I don't want to derail this thread too much. Thanks!

**EDIT** 

I thought of one! The Little Acre.

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

@Toogie53 I've always wondered why the Bloodborne plat is so common. I've played/platinumed every Soulsborne game -- most multiple times -- and I think Bloodborne is by far the hardest. This is due entirely to the chalice dungeons. My only guess is that a lot of people must use summoned players/NPCs to defeat the bosses, because Defiled Amygdala should be enough to break anyone.

I like the idea of a difficult trophy challenge, but I'm not sure how the rules would work. Looking at my list of active games right now, there are several games with more than one difficult trophy (e.g. Arkham Knight, Crash 1-3, Darkest Dungeon DLC), so the platinum/100% is no sure thing, even if I earned any one of those trophies. If you want to do something like what you're suggesting, I'd recommend creating a list of games that have a rare platinum due to a single trophy, and calling the event "Platinum Breakers". I don't know of many such games, though.

Alternatively, just stick to themes. You could have a November event where we play games that have to do with food (e.g. Super Meat Boy, Fat Princess, Nom Nom Galaxy) and/or a December event with Christmas-themed games. Maybe even just random themes, like secret agent games or pirates and ninjas.

15 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I hope you all are doing well and enjoying your trophy hunt. I'm having a lot of fun; but also some bad luck with my personal trophy hunt. I keep needing extra playthroughs. This has happened with Oxenfree, Goosebumps, and Alien Isolation so far! Oxenfree was glitchy but the other two were just me messing up. I'm scared that I tapped my screen or something in Grim Fandango and I won't pop the trophy for using tank controls the entire time. I don't want to do that one twice! Haha. I was hoping to be at four plats this weekend but it hasn't worked out that way. ?

**EDIT**

I've finished the weekly updates for the main post. If I've missed something let me know.

You update my score with a platinum for Resident Evil 2 (wich i plat 2 months ago) but i just plat Bioshock, that said, if you want to give extra points that's ok too ?

13 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

This would be something hard like the Hell X10 that @GlennRhee mentioned

Would you believe that's not even the hardest trophy in White Day? The game autosaves, so if you get to the auditorium, you can just keep reloading and get the same ending 10 times. The trophy that'll definitely make or break people is Ending Collection, where you have to get every ending on every difficulty. I'm playing on Hard now, and I can't even imagine Hell once, let alone 10+ times. The janitor just knows where I am at all times on Hard.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

You update my score with a platinum for Resident Evil 2 (wich i plat 2 months ago) but i just plat Bioshock, that said, if you want to give extra points that's ok too 1f602.png

Doh! I saw both Revelations and knew you had been talking about it. I dind't look at the date too closely, obviously. I'll fix it. Grats on the Bioshock plat! That's a fun one.

On September 10, 2017 at 4:35 PM, Toogie53 said:

I'll add you as soon as I'm decent enough not to be an embarassment. Seriously so far, I'm pretty much dead last every round so I'd be a drain on you. 

It's cool if ur not that good! I'm not that great either. I can't seem to get better. I don't have the patience to be stealth. I'm more run n gun guy. I hope to do about 3 weeks in mp in about a week to pace myself. We are talking about The Last of Us remaster.

Edited by redcar200

1 minute ago, redcar200 said:

It's cool if ur not that good! I'm not that great either. I can't seem to get better. I don't have the patience to be stealth. I'm more run n gun guy. I hope to do about 3 weeks in mp in about a week to pace myself.

That's a good idea actually. I need to figure out my pace so I don't end up having to do a whole faction during the last week of October or something. I'll try to link up with you on the weekend. Which faction are you working on?