The 13 Plats of Halloween

8 hours ago, redcar200 said:

It's cool if ur not that good! I'm not that great either. I can't seem to get better. I don't have the patience to be stealth. I'm more run n gun guy. I hope to do about 3 weeks in mp in about a week to pace myself. We are talking about The Last of Us remaster.

8 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

That's a good idea actually. I need to figure out my pace so I don't end up having to do a whole faction during the last week of October or something. I'll try to link up with you on the weekend. Which faction are you working on?

Have you guys thought about joining a boosting session for the MP trophies? I am always seeing sessions on this site and it is a great way to get the trophies a lot quicker. I am not sure how active the servers are these days but when I played the game three years ago I had an absolute blast. Normally I hate multiplayer but I have fond memories of that game. BTW I was pretty bad too at the start but I got better.

7 hours ago, ninja-c4 said:

you guys all saving up for Halloween and stuff like that but I saved up for 9/11 lol....

.....'kay :/

5 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

Finally finished Telltale TWD Season 3 for my 4th game done. Bought it for my birthday 3 months ago but I'm glad I waited till now to play it. Hit me in the feels like the other games. Can't wait for the next season, even though I'll be sad it'll be the last. LOVE this series <3 

Congrats @xMissFantasy. What's next on the agenda?

Edited by Miles_Warren

15 hours ago, ninja-c4 said:

you guys all saving up for Halloween and stuff like that but I saved up for 9/11 lol....

Nicely done on the three plats yesterday. I don't see 9/11 as like a holiday or a day to celebrate so I wouldn't want to plan a gaming event around it. However, it wouldn't seem weird to me to play some WW2  games around Pearl Harbor Day to memorialize that. Kind of weird, how perspective changes things.

@Miles_Warren Thank you :) I'm not 100% sure what I want to play and finish next. I was thinking Costume Quest 2 or Soma but while I was away last week, I picked up The Surge and Wolfenstein The Old Blood (which I could NEVER find) so I made my backlog even bigger ? Actually been bouncing between games for the event and The Surge haha. Hope your gaming has been good to you! What one have you been working on?

23 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

@Miles_Warren Thank you :) I'm not 100% sure what I want to play and finish next. I was thinking Costume Quest 2 or Soma but while I was away last week, I picked up The Surge and Wolfenstein The Old Blood (which I could NEVER find) so I made my backlog even bigger 1f602.png Actually been bouncing between games for the event and The Surge haha. Hope your gaming has been good to you! What one have you been working on?

I'm getting there, slowly but surely. This Neverwinter plat is taking forever. I only have one more trophy to unlock before I get my first plat of the tournament but it is such a grind. I suppose I could play other games while I work on it but I am enjoying Neverwinter so much that I don't want to give it a break (even recently wrote a trophy guide for the game). Plus there is plenty of time left in the tournament to pop some trophies lol

Funny that you mention Wolfenstein: Old Blood. It is in my backlog too and I imagine it will be my third or fourth platinum of the tournament. I actually loved New Order a lot which is weird considering I don't like FPS.

• Like 1

@Miles_Warren Ahh. Good ol' Neverwinter :P I haven't played that in a while but I completely understand the grind and don't blame you for wanting to keep going with it. Think when I do go back to it, I'll check that guide out though ;) But yeah, there is lots of time left in the event. 

I was actually super surprised to finally find Old Blood, and quite a few copies too. New Order was really good and I enjoyed it as well.

FPS is starting to be a bit over rated so I don't blame you for not liking it. I used to play a lot of FPS but swayed to other genres after a while. Now, if it's something I don't want on my PSN account, I just play it on Xbox lol.

Bouncing between a couple games isn't so bad, just to change things up a bit but that's all up to you. In regards to Neverwinter, keep it up! :) 

There's a few good games on sale this week that fit the theme here. The Metro Redux games are both $5. Some Resident Evils were there for $10 or less. I also saw Fortnight, Dying Reborn, and a couple more. 

I did scoop up Dark Souls 2 last week. I haven't decided if I'm going to switch that into my Halloween list or not. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

There's a few good games on sale this week that fit the theme here. The Metro Redux games are both $5. Some Resident Evils were there for $10 or less. I also saw Fortnight, Dying Reborn, and a couple more. 

Nice catch! Not sure I can ever slog thru another RE game and surely not enough for a plat. 

Might need to do a replacement on my list. Finished Dead Synchronicity, which did not feel like it fit the Halloween theme much. It was just too dark and serious.  Also got the platinum for Stick of Truth.

Going to take a break from the point and click variety for a while and just concentrate on Diablo. Already thru Act 2 on Hardcore and will be picking up the DLC just to feel the accomplishment of getting trophies while grinding out the other big trophies. Anyone have a suggestion of which class would be least fun to level? Other than crusader, as I chose him for my hardcore run.

On September 11, 2017 at 7:50 PM, Toogie53 said:

That's a good idea actually. I need to figure out my pace so I don't end up having to do a whole faction during the last week of October or something. I'll try to link up with you on the weekend. Which faction are you working on?

I'm working on the firefly faction. I've done the hunter trophy. I'm happy their are no specific mp trophies, u pretty much have to play the mp game. If not I'd be in trouble. Have u started the game yet. If not ur in for a nice treat. Didn't like the game at first. I was expecting uncharted but I gave it a 2nd chance because people kept talking about how great it was. I see the big deal now. That trophy list is awful. Hopefully they work on that in part 2.

Hey guys! :) Sorry for just disappearing, Mum got us a lovely last minute holiday and we soooo needed it! :P So now I'm back and fully recharged, I will be starting Resident Evil this afternoon! Anybody got any tips for me as I've never been very good at Resident Evil games haha :D! Also I'm going to have to take Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 of my list as my PS3's acting really strange and I don't want to waste time on them if it's just going to break half way through :facepalm:. So I'm going to have to stick to the trusty PS4 while I'm doing this event but I have a question;  So here is my list to reflect the changes;

1. Resident Evil - Starting today! :D 

2. Resident Evil 0

3. Kona

4. Alien: Isolation

I may put some more on my list when the Halloween Sale hits the Store but these 4 are my main 4 games that I'm going to do! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey guys! :) Sorry for just disappearing, Mum got us a lovely last minute holiday and we soooo needed it! :P So now I'm back and fully recharged, I will be starting Resident Evil this afternoon! Anybody got any tips for me as I've never been very good at Resident Evil games haha :D! Also I'm going to have to take Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 of my list as my PS3's acting really strange and I don't want to waste time on them if it's just going to break half way through :facepalm:. So I'm going to have to stick to the trusty PS4 while I'm doing this event but I have a question;  So here is my list to reflect the changes;

1. Resident Evil - Starting today! :D 

2. Resident Evil 0

3. Kona

4. Alien: Isolation

I may put some more on my list when the Halloween Sale hits the Store but these 4 are my main 4 games that I'm going to do! 

You will need like 4 or 5 playtroughts for Resident Evil but once you memorize the game (what do you have to do, where to and when) it will be pretty much faster, I finished on hard in like 2 and a half hours or so, I will say, try to do as much as you can on your first game, you will find objects or actions that takes much time to take/accomplish but you need to indetifiy them so you don't waste time on the hardest modes such as Real Survivor, and finally I recommend clearing the East side of the mansion and make it your safe passage trought your game, you can't spare all your ammo killing everything and you will need a safe place to save your game and items, this will be very usephul when playing Real Survivor ?

Best Of Lucks!

Edited by Uchiha_Snake__
grammatical mistakes

1 hour ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

You will need like 4 or 5 playtroughts for Resident Evil but once you memorize the game (what do you have to do, where to and when) it will be pretty much faster, I finished on hard in like 2 and a half hours or so, I will say, try to do as much as you can on your first game, you will find objects or actions that takes much time to take/accomplish but you need to indetifiy them so you don't waste time on the hardest modes such as Real Survivor, and finally I recommend clearing the East side of the mansion and make it your safe passage trought your game, you can't spare all your ammo killing everything and you will need a safe place to save your game and items, this will be very usephul when playing Real Survivor 1f601.png

Best Of Lucks!

Thank you for the fast reply and thank you for the fantastic tips! You are a star! ? I'll make sure I use those tips for sure! I've only really played one Resident Evil game and that was Resident Evil: Code Veronica X on the PS2 and I never got very far in that as I mainly just didn't know how to go on or where I needed to go (I wasn't very good at games back then:facepalm:). But I'am looking forward to rediscovering this series as it seems a shame to just leave it at a bad experience really. :D 

10 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Nice catch! Not sure I can ever slog thru another RE game and surely not enough for a plat. 

Might need to do a replacement on my list. Finished Dead Synchronicity, which did not feel like it fit the Halloween theme much. It was just too dark and serious.  Also got the platinum for Stick of Truth.

Going to take a break from the point and click variety for a while and just concentrate on Diablo. Already thru Act 2 on Hardcore and will be picking up the DLC just to feel the accomplishment of getting trophies while grinding out the other big trophies. Anyone have a suggestion of which class would be least fun to level? Other than crusader, as I chose him for my hardcore run.

I haven't played the console versions but I was big into it on PC back when it was a new title and enjoyed hardcore mode quite a bit. I had every class at max level. Monk was my favorite at first and then later on I got into the Wizard. But with years since I played last so many things could have been changed with patches that I can't say for sure the experiences I had with those classes are still relevant. 

10 hours ago, redcar200 said:

I'm working on the firefly faction. I've done the hunter trophy. I'm happy their are no specific mp trophies, u pretty much have to play the mp game. If not I'd be in trouble. Have u started the game yet. If not ur in for a nice treat. Didn't like the game at first. I was expecting uncharted but I gave it a 2nd chance because people kept talking about how great it was. I see the big deal now. That trophy list is awful. Hopefully they work on that in part 2.

I have played the campaign through on normal two or three times. However, since I wasn't trophy hunting I basically just have the trophies for finishing and none of the ones for collecting stuff. I haven't yet started the single player for our event. I just finished the no deaths play through of Alien Isolation and now I'm about 1/3 of the way through the hard mode playthrough. 

31 minutes ago, GlennRhee said:

Got the plat on Severed. Pretty decent game, but my finger's sore now. ? I'm still conflicted on a few games (as well as whether or not to keep White Day on my list), but there's one game down.

Yay! I'm glad you got it. I started Severed in August but I had already planned my list for this event so I put it to the side for now. How do you rate it overall?

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

Yay! I'm glad you got it. I started Severed in August but I had already planned my list for this event so I put it to the side for now. How do you rate it overall?

I liked it! There were a couple fights that took a lot of strategizing, but nothing too terrible. I'd rate it maybe a 7/10. It's a lot shorter than I thought, though.

I finished Costume Quest 2 for #5. I actually really liked it, despite turn based fights (as I'm not very good at them.) It definitely fits the event :P Kind of wish I had the first one now though but none-the-less, on to the next one. Hope everyone is having fun popping those delicious trophies! ^-^ 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2017 at 9:42 PM, xMissFantasy said:

Finally finished Telltale TWD Season 3 for my 4th game done. Bought it for my birthday 3 months ago but I'm glad I waited till now to play it. Hit me in the feels like the other games. Can't wait for the next season, even though I'll be sad it'll be the last. LOVE this series <3 

I picked this up on clearance at Target today. It was weird because the Xbox version was still full retail price. I'm going to put it into my list so I'm just deciding what to replace. Probably Grim Legends.

@Toogie53 I never understood why some prices are higher/lower than others for the same game. Yeah the platform is different but that doesn't mean jack.

I have no idea what Grim Legends is about but replace what you want. Season 3 is a nice little ride. Telltale better make season 4 a masterpiece cuz the ending for 3 was bland. 

2 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

@Toogie53 I never understood why some prices are higher/lower than others for the same game. Yeah the platform is different but that doesn't mean jack.

I have no idea what Grim Legends is about but replace what you want. Season 3 is a nice little ride. Telltale better make season 4 a masterpiece cuz the ending for 3 was bland. 

Grim Legends is like a hidden picture/puzzle type game that is supposed to have a scary fairy tale story. The one I have is about arriving in a creepy town to attend your sisters wedding but something supernatural is going on. My guess is its on the same level as Goosebumps regarding both scariness and difficulty but it fit the theme well enough at a glance. 

Im right now between my frustration with DMC 2 for not being able of getting the Over 9000! trophy and the enjoyment I'm having with Demons Souls, whose plat no longer seens like an impossible achievement, I think I'll be getting the trophies little by little and I will start Oddworld this weekend... And maybe make some progress ?

1 hour ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Im right now between my frustration with DMC 2 for not being able of getting the Over 9000! trophy and the enjoyment I'm having with Demons Souls, whose plat no longer seens like an impossible achievement, I think I'll be getting the trophies little by little and I will start Oddworld this weekend... And maybe make some progress 1f636.png

That sucks that you're feeling frustrated. Those two do sound like challenging ones. So far, my only challenging one is Alien Isolation. I'm about half way through the hardest mode for the survivor trophy right now. I wouldn't even say the game is hard even at its max difficulty, but it ramps up the tension. So I can only do a mission or two before I feel too stressed out to keep going with it and switch over to something else for a mental break. I try to stop playing while I'm still having fun and before I'm angry. haha. Due to that, I've completed a couple of the easier games on my list.  Hopefully, Oddworld will give you that same kind of relief and you can go back to it with a clear head and happier with a few extra trophies under your belt.

2 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

@Toogie53 Ooh. Is it from Artifex Mundi? If it is, I've played 4 of their games. Those types of games are enjoyable when you feel super lazy haha. I'd play it. It means another story, more trophies and a platinum. 

I had to look it up but yes! It is published by them. Sounds like a good fit to play between the difficult ones like I mentioned above.