The 13 Plats of Halloween

@Toogie53 I knew it lol and I agree! 

Just finished Claire. It has a similar vibe to Lone Survivor and since I loved that, I loved this.

Pixelated creepy stuff is pretty awesome, and like Lone Survivor, the story is pretty messed up but makes sense in the end.

I normally don't care for fastest achievers (I'm not a speed runner. I like to enjoy my games) but curiosity sparked and apparently (at least as of right now), I'm in 9th. That will change soon enough, most likely, but woo! I'll take it for the time being :P  

• Like 1

@Toogie53 I'm gonna do a quick list update! Some things may get swapped out and others in, but I need more than just the three games on my list haha.

1. Costume Quest 2 (0%)
  2. The Walking Dead: Michonne (0%)
  3. Severed (100%)
  4. South Park: The Stick of Truth (62%)
  5. Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (1%)
  6. Metro 2033 Redux (0%)
  7. Metro Last Light Redux (0%)
  8. Dying: Reborn (0%)
  9. Nightmares from the Deep 2 (0%)
  10. South Park: The Fractured But Whole (0%)

I'm hoping Undertale and Night Trap go on sale soon, because I'd like to add those. I might switch out the second South Park game if I find two weeks isn't a long enough time or if it gets delayed again (since I've had it on preorder since 2015).

• Like 2

Friday update, woo woo!

Just played through The Stick of Truth this week. Pretty gross game. Can't wait for the sequel. Haven't made any new progress in Arkham Knight, but I decided to add it to the list to make it look like I'm further along than I really am. Eight trophies away from the platinum. Not sure 100% is going to happen, but we'll see.

1. The Escapists: The Walking Dead (23/25) **READY TO PLAT**
  2. Metro: Last Light Redux (39/50)
  3. South Park: The Stick of Truth (49/51) **READY TO PLAT**
  4. Batman: Arkham Knight (89/110)

Next up: The Deadly Tower of Monsters! Also, maybe those challenge levels in Metro. I don't know why I'm so afraid of those.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

@DividedByMankind I'm good with you joining so go ahead and create your list. However, I'm going to cap it off here with you. You get us to an even 20 participants and also we are two weeks into the thing. After this add, I will be turning people away. Just because you're the last one doesn't mean you are unwelcome. I'm excited to see what you games plan to take on.

Regarding capping it off now, I don't want someone to feel pressure to catch up with the group, or try something insane like not sleeping for days to be hardcore and get 13 plats in a couple weeks because they joined us super late. I'm sure another Halloween event will crop up soon, when it does I'll try to point others that way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Toogie53 said:

@DividedByMankind I'm good with you joining so go ahead and create your list. However, I'm going to cap it off here with you. You get us to an even 20 participants and also we are two weeks into the thing. After this add, I will be turning people away. Just because you're the last one doesn't mean you are unwelcome. I'm excited to see what you games plan to take on.

Regarding capping it off now, I don't want someone to feel pressure to catch up with the group, or try something insane like not sleeping for days to be hardcore and get 13 plats in a couple weeks because they joined us super late. I'm sure another Halloween event will crop up soon, when it does I'll try to point others that way.

Yeah, no worries :) I will be sleeping tho, haha. But yeah i am interested in joining if i still can. Ill reach it easy. 

But couple of quick questions tho: I have 3 games on my profile which includes: Prey, Resident Evil: Revelations 2 vita and Rage can i finnish these 3 up? Will they count? Does it have to be Horror games? or can i like finnish tekken for instance? And also am i allowed to finnish easy games like the order 1886 of or walking dead? 

13 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Yeah, no worries :) I will be sleeping tho, haha. But yeah i am interested in joining if i still can. Ill reach it easy. 

But couple of quick questions tho: I have 3 games on my profile which includes: Prey, Resident Evil: Revelations 2 vita and Rage can i finnish these 3 up? Will they count? Does it have to be Horror games? or can i like finnish tekken for instance? And also am i allowed to finnish easy games like the order 1886 of or walking dead? 

You can finish previously started games. I'm doing some clean-up on games in my profile myself. I think Alien Isolation was around 50% when I started it again for the event. The games don't have to be horror. It needs to be something that makes you feel some Halloween spirit. Horror is a natural fit but not the only fit. I'm not really screening the games and it's on the honor system. One of us is playing Batman because of nostalgia when they were Batman every year for Halloween as a kid, etc. If you have some kind of tie between Tekken and Halloween go ahead and use it in your list. You don't have to justify it. I do like to know why people picked certain things out of curiosity, so please explain your choices if you want to. If you go to the bottom of the very first post, I have the "rules" inside of a spoiler tag, but I'm not a disciplinarian and like the pirate's code they are more like guidelines. I was using the rules to more or less define the event and not as a way to control it. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

Ok @Toogie53 this is my list then.

1: Prey

2: Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Vita.

3: Rage

4: Tekken 6

5: The Evil Within 2

6: Lolllipop Chansaw 

7: The Order 1886

8: Dead Space

9: Dead Space 2

10: Dead Space 3

11: Alien: Isolation PS4

12: Until Dawn

13: The Walking Dead Season 1 Vita

These Are the ones i want to. And i am going to have 1 trophy saved for each game on the 31st. Ready to plat on the 31st.

I read somebody else posting their list so i figured it was like this i had to do it. But now that i know that rules are under one of the spoiler tags :D I'll read through them. 

Edited by DividedByMankind
  • Like 1

@DividedByMankind I realized I didn't address your difficulty question. You can do whatever your comfortable with. I have a range in my picks from somewhat impossible like The Evil Within to really freaking easy like Goosebumps. I think I see a range of difficulty in your picks too. You are taking on a more challenging list than I am for sure. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

@DividedByMankind I realized I didn't address your difficulty question. You can do whatever your comfortable with. I have a range in my picks from somewhat impossible like The Evil Within to really freaking easy like Goosebumps. I think I see a range of difficulty in your picks too. You are taking on a more challenging list than I am for sure. 

But i'll have it done mate. You will see. Starting tomorrow morning, i will start of with Prey. Tekken and revelations 2, getting them to 98% first.

Edited by DividedByMankind
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

@Toogie53 Rudeee! Haha :P If you can, go for it. I've been playing and finishing other games too. Backlog is so big that a 500GB HDD is NOT enough space for them all. 

Mine too. Even if you look at just what I have to clean up that's already on my trophy list. But I probably have that much again that own and haven't started. Then today, my friend handed me Metal Gear Solid 5, Final Fantasy X and X-2, and Watchdogs. So that's like... 250 more hours? 

1 minute ago, Toogie53 said:

Mine too. Even if you look at just what I have to clean up that's already on my trophy list. But I probably have that much again that own and haven't started. Then today, my friend handed me Metal Gear Solid 5, Final Fantasy X and X-2, and Watchdogs. So that's like... 250 more hours? 

If you meant Watchdogs 1 is not really a long game, even if you try to do all the side quest (is like a quarter of GTAV lol), but yes, it may take you 20-30 hours for the plat, MGSV on the other hand is a 100-150 hours plat for sure, but an awesome gaming experience, for Final Fantasy X-2 if you want you plat quickly u will need to spen like 80-100 hours on yours first playtrought, after that u can beat NG+ in 5 hours or so (to get the remaining trophies), plus The Last Mission, like 100-120 hours plat, pretty much the sime time for FFX but with no NG+

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

If you meant Watchdogs 1 is not really a long game, even if you try to do all the side quest (is like a quarter of GTAV lol), but yes, it may take you 20-30 hours for the plat, MGSV on the other hand is a 100-150 hours plat for sure, but an awesome gaming experience, for Final Fantasy X-2 if you want you plat quickly u will need to spen like 80-100 hours on yours first playtrought, after that u can beat NG+ in 5 hours or so (to get the remaining trophies), plus The Last Mission, like 100-120 hours plat, pretty much the sime time for FFX but with no NG+

Haha yeah. So from what I looked up it sounds like 

MGS5: 100 hours
FFX:    100 hours
FFX2:  80 hours
WD:     30 hours

So 300ish hours of gaming just handed to me all casual-like. If I played like it was my job (40hrs/week) that's like 2 months!

I've finally started Resident Evil on Friday and I'm loving it! :) It's so fun and scary at the same time if that makes sense. I have jumped so many times while playing!:blink: Those Crimson Heads are nasty and they have definitely made me jump the most. I haven't got much further to go in my first playthrough so I think I may be finished with my first playthrough today depending on the time I have. 

Resident Evil - 10%

Resident Evil 0 - Waiting to Start

Alien: Isolation - Waiting to Start

Kona - Waiting to Start

Edited by RizzleAbbey12

Somehow, I managed to complete bloody palace in DMC 2 so I have the plat now https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1385-devil-may-cry-2-hd/Uchiha_Snake__  ? also I managed to survive a heart attack too, there's a glitch on bloody palace that kills the video of the game, you get a black screen but u can still play, I got it in floor 8200, lucky for me I could stay calm and kill the enemies even without seeing them, and for my luck, I was able to teleport to the next floor and the video glitch dissapeared, so yeah... it was a cool 4 hours shitty gameplay experience, for anyone that haven play DMC, if you want to know more about the games, play any of them but DMC2, also if anyone that had already played some DMC games but want to try this one out... Just forget it, it'll make you hate the series ?

10 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I've finally started Resident Evil on Friday and I'm loving it! :) It's so fun and scary at the same time if that makes sense. I have jumped so many times while playing!:blink: Those Crimson Heads are nasty and they have definitely made me jump the most. I haven't got much further to go in my first playthrough so I think I may be finished with my first playthrough today depending on the time I have. 

Resident Evil - 10%

Resident Evil 0 - Waiting to Start

Alien: Isolation - Waiting to Start

Kona - Waiting to Start

Old but gold, I've been playing the original Resident Evil since the old days of the PS1, and that's a remake I can say is much better than the original game, keeping the feels while innovating too, I don't remember a remake as good as this (in my opinion of course), I'll be looking forward to Final Fantasy VII ramake thou... 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Old but gold, I've been playing the original Resident Evil since the old days of the PS1, and that's a remake I can say is much better than the original game, keeping the feels while innovating too, I don't remember a remake as good as this (in my opinion of course), I'll be looking forward to Final Fantasy VII ramake thou... 

Well I've been putting off playing it as I thought it wouldn't be any good really or I wouldn't be very good but now I'm regretting that. I completely agree with you on the looks of the game as it just looks so scary and creepy which is amazing. Also those camera angles are spot on as well, as in game, I would walk into a room and I could hear a zombie or something else and I would just say to myself 'okay be brave and investigate', and the fact that you can't move the camera to see any enemies and you have to get close it them, makes it even better. :D  

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:53 PM, bruin-rocks said:

So glad you picked Lone Survivor, I thought it was excelent and cant recommend it enough! The rest of your list looks strong too, I'm gonna add Amnesia Collection to my list as well so my list goes 

1.Silent Hill 2

2. Silent Hill 3

3. Hotline Miami 2

4. Amnesia Collection

5. to be chosen still 

I'm not the biggest fan of halloween anymore but this "event" has got me interested again! 

@Koolguy65 would you want to maybe work on How To Survive 2 together? Been looking for a co-op partner but no one seems interested. 

Yeah I'm down for that! I love co-op games and getting a plat done with a partner! Makes things so much easier and fun with buddies! :). I will add you as friends so we can get started! Currently working on Until dawn right now! I also have Destiny 2 and Latest finished plat is Mw3! Easiest Veteran campaign out of all of the CODs lol