Best Place to get a new Memory Card?

Alternatewarning

My current memory card is basically full which means A) I own digital games I can't even look at and B ) I can't play Kyoto Winds once I get it.  Both of these are horrible things.  Any advice on where to pick up a vita card?  Amazon seems to have the best (awful) price but I don't know if there are any gold mines out there I don't know about.  I'm looking to pick up a 32.

I've been waiting for a sale/clearance on a 32GB for a while myself. Play-Asia has them for roughly the same price as Amazon after you add shipping costs, and Amazon.jp is the same - again, because of shipping costs. You might have some luck on eBay, but whenever I've looked it's been roughly the same there, too.

I may eventually bite the bullet and pony up the $60-70, but I won't be happy about it.

I got a 32gb not too long back when I picked up another preowned Vita and the guy surprised me and was nice enough to throw that in there for free without mentioning. Thought they guy might have forgot, but he later said he knew it was in there and rathered I have it than trade it to EB for like 5 bucks.

Anyway, other than that, 16gb bundles were a thing not too long back. I got the missus a 16gb with a bunch of Lego digital games for about 30 bucks a couple years back. 32gb didn't really get put in any bundles and as such, never had as many deals up for it, which is shit but it is what it is. EB here want 68 for a PREOWNED 32gb card, that's some bullshit yo.

Best bet is what others have already said, look into a cheap one online, go prewowned if you don't mind, it's only a memory card anyway, I can be a bit skeptical with preowned discs and covers and consoles and controllers and all of it, but the memory card just sits in the machine and rarely gets taken out, preowned is probs a good call. If a 16gb would float your boat, I'd throw you my spare since it's not really doing anything since I got the 32gb, already had another 16er in the PSTV too.

20 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I got a 32gb not too long back when I picked up another preowned Vita and the guy surprised me and was nice enough to throw that in there for free without mentioning. Thought they guy might have forgot, but he later said he knew it was in there and rathered I have it than trade it to EB for like 5 bucks.

Anyway, other than that, 16gb bundles were a thing not too long back. I got the missus a 16gb with a bunch of Lego digital games for about 30 bucks a couple years back. 32gb didn't really get put in any bundles and as such, never had as many deals up for it, which is shit but it is what it is. EB here want 68 for a PREOWNED 32gb card, that's some bullshit yo.

Best bet is what others have already said, look into a cheap one online, go prewowned if you don't mind, it's only a memory card anyway, I can be a bit skeptical with preowned discs and covers and consoles and controllers and all of it, but the memory card just sits in the machine and rarely gets taken out, preowned is probs a good call. If a 16gb would float your boat, I'd throw you my spare since it's not really doing anything since I got the 32gb, already had another 16er in the PSTV too.

I never thought of looking for one bundled with a game, that's not a bad idea.  And I was wondering about a preowned memory card, I wasn't sure if it would mess up games/trophies.  It it doesn't, though, I'm going to keep my eye on the preowned price just for the sake of cash.  I mean, if you have a 16 you don't want I'll gladly take it off your hands since my collection of digital VN's I can't play since I have no memory card is only growing

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, eigen-space said:

If you're willing to do some search offline...
Pawn shops or other places that buy/sell/trade dvds/games/books sometimes have them. I got a used 16gb for $20 at a place called Half Price Books.

Uggg, really?  I used to live so close to Half Priced Books...but now there are none by me

On 8/25/2017 at 10:24 PM, Alternatewarning said:

I never thought of looking for one bundled with a game, that's not a bad idea.  And I was wondering about a preowned memory card, I wasn't sure if it would mess up games/trophies.  It it doesn't, though, I'm going to keep my eye on the preowned price just for the sake of cash.  I mean, if you have a 16 you don't want I'll gladly take it off your hands since my collection of digital VN's I can't play since I have no memory card is only growing

The memory card bundles with games were only available with 4GB (the indies pack), 8GB (the more usual ones) and 16 GB (very few available). Problem is they're long gone and almost all you'll find are at obnoxious prices, at least in Europe.

Even with the usual corruption issues that can arise a 32GB or even better a 64GB memory cards are the best option. Usually the 64GB one is a better deal as the price is not much higher than the 32GB, well under twice the price of the 32GB one. You'll have to source them from Japan, as they're sold out elsewhere for ages. Even if you find an american or euro supplier selling them, they were imported from Japan anyway.

You can also buy a second hand memory card, but only do it from a reputable source (Amazon probably), to avoid potential disappointments.

11 hours ago, cris3f said:

The memory card bundles with games were only available with 4GB (the indies pack), 8GB (the more usual ones) and 16 GB (very few available). Problem is they're long gone and almost all you'll find are at obnoxious prices, at least in Europe.

Even with the usual corruption issues that can arise a 32GB or even better a 64GB memory cards are the best option. Usually the 64GB one is a better deal as the price is not much higher than the 32GB, well under twice the price of the 32GB one. You'll have to source them from Japan, as they're sold out elsewhere for ages. Even if you find an american or euro supplier selling them, they were imported from Japan anyway.

You can also buy a second hand memory card, but only do it from a reputable source (Amazon probably), to avoid potential disappointments.

Ya, one finally went "on sale" a while ago so I grabbed a 64 I think.  Still way too expensive but I was finally able to download all the games I'd bought so it was good.

28 minutes ago, Alternatewarning said:

Ya, one finally went "on sale" a while ago so I grabbed a 64 I think.  Still way too expensive but I was finally able to download all the games I'd bought so it was good.

Yeah, the 64GB Vita memory card is one of the best investments I've made. Still haven't filled it up.