Tokyo Game Show 2017

Satoshi Ookami

10 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Welp, we still are on the pretense that I find DW boring despite never stating it apart from misleading wording, ok. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's no problem being wrong if you understand that you made the mistake. It doesn't matter if you mention it in your typical sarcastic way or serious. But it was a mistake, you created an informative thread and your statement was wrong because it was not specific about the design aspect of the game.

10 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

There's no problem being wrong if you understand that you made the mistake. It doesn't matter if you mention it in your typical sarcastic way or serious. But it was a mistake, you created an informative thread and your statement was wrong because it was not specific about the design aspect of the game.

Exactly, it literally don't matter if you like the series or not. What only matter is the *correct* information given. That is all I am saying. I can literally link in this thread like 10 different sources how DW9 is different from DW8. 

8 minutes ago, syumisan said:

Exactly, it literally don't matter if you like the series or not. What only matter is the *correct* information given. That is all I am saying. I can literally link in this thread like 10 different sources how DW9 is different from DW8. 

Yes, some posters just don't want to understand that there's no problem given your opinion in your own informative thread BUT if the only thing you mention it's an opinion: "Not much shown but we can expect the same" then it's not just an opinion but also the information you're giving about the topic (DW9 in this case). Anyway, I think that more opinions about it are not needed. All readers have a nice day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, syumisan said:

She's just a *playable* character, story isn't about her -_- Apparently since you didn't look up the game you wouldn't know which proves my original point of my rant. Have a nice day.

9nohQh4.jpg

You have a habit of taking every little thing seriously, don't you? You must be fun at parties. :P

1 hour ago, syumisan said:

Oh and nice try to make yourself important, your not lol. 

Didn't you know Satoshi is like a celebrity around these parts? He's basically a God-tier weeb. If that's not important, I don't know what is. :awesome:

Have a nice day. ;)

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

9nohQh4.jpg

You have a habit of taking every little thing seriously, don't you? You must be fun at parties. :P

Obviously this is internet not real life, stop comparing the two. Also sadly you cannot comprehend when something needs to be correct and attack how that person's life you think it is. Nice try ain't working lol

Didn't you know Satoshi is like a celebrity around these parts? He's basically a God-tier weeb. If that's not important, I don't know what is. :awesome:

Have a nice day. ;)

Um "He's basically a God-tier weeb" is a personal biased opinion and is exactly what I said he was A WEEABOO. Thank you YOU HAVE A NICE DAY. 

Edited by syumisan

5 minutes ago, syumisan said:

Obviously this is internet not real life, stop comparing the two.

Oh okay, so you're only this petty on the internet. Gotcha. ;)

6 minutes ago, syumisan said:

Um "He's basically a God-tier weeb" is a personal biased opinion and is exactly what I said he was A WEEABOO.

Correction: That wasn't my opinion, it was a cold hard fact. Pfft, as if I would post my opinion on a forum... preposterous! :P

59 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Oh okay, so you're only this petty on the internet. Gotcha. ;)

Your the petty one, did you read what the other posters said about the mistake he made? Apparently not so try yet again xD

Correction: That wasn't my opinion, it was a cold hard fact. Pfft, as if I would post my opinion on a forum... preposterous! :P

Actually it is lmao That's an opinion. Gosh too easy

49 minutes ago, Terra said:

Ok, so @Satoshi Ookami made a little error in presenting his information and @syumisan made her opinion clear so that should settle the case. Honestly, after seeing this unfold today over one mistake is disheartening. I don't believe @Satoshi Ookami did it deliberately.  

I understand that it wasn't deliberate but the point was it's a completely different game. Now if this was July 2013 about DW8, that statement would have stand. Not now. Why is that so hard to get?

Edited by syumisan

LOL, I dunno why you guys just take seriously to Satoshi Ookami, He's obviously one of those "Japan is the best, all hail the great Japan" guy. 

Didn't you notice it with his comment about "proper voices"?

LOL, waste of time.

The only thing I cared about this TGS was Final Fantasy IX for PS4, nothing much for me, I guess.

Edited by Iris Heart

40 minutes ago, Iris Heart said:

LOL, I dunno why you guys just take seriously to Satoshi Ookami, He's obviously one of those "Japan is the best, all hail the great Japan" guy. 

Didn't you notice it with his comment about "proper voices"?

LOL, waste of time.

Yes, but still doesn't mean you have to *keep* bringing it up.

I'm surprised to see Zone of the Enders 2 getting a PS4/VR treatment. I have to wonder why not the first one then? I mean, I prefer 2nd Runner over the first but it just seems odd. That said I might get it if it doesn't require VR.

Left Alive also seems pretty cool, if for the MGS style art alone so I'll keep an eye on that one for sure. Plus I like the idea of a third-person shooter where there's huge mechs, assuming you aren't in one yourself. Either would be cool.

On 9/19/2017 at 3:43 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Sony then gave us break and starting showing VR thingies no probably cares about.

How dare you insinuate this! Lots of people care about VR! I will now become irrationally angry about this!

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Redgrave said:

How dare you insinuate this! Lots of people care about VR! I will now become irrationally angry about this!

Come at me, bro :awesome: 

8 hours ago, Terra said:

I don't believe @Satoshi Ookami did it deliberately.  

I obviously did so I could raise the amount of posts this thread has :awesome: 

6 hours ago, Iris Heart said:

He's obviously one of those "Japan is the best, all hail the great Japan" guy. 

I... never claimed otherwise :awesome: 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Dr_Shaneman said:

I approve the new character.

She's pretty cute, I've got to admit. :P My favourite part is this:

Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation

An original character debuting in this game. An exclusive supporter, she always supports the owner. See her off with a smile full of spirit, and who knows what kind of things she may be able to work hard at? She is a modern day girl who will lightheartedly come into contact with the owner like a friend. But there is also a side to her that avoids exposing her skin.

I guess being almost naked is the norm for DoA girls. You have to work for the side of her that wears modest clothing. :lol:

On 9/20/2017 at 10:53 PM, Undead Wolf said:

Code Vein is looking better and better each time I see it! Of all the Souls-like games out there now, it's the most interesting to me by far. I'll settle with that until Bloodborne 2 is (hopefully) announced. :lol:

I was (am?) looking forward to Code Vein...but I'm just not feeling it.  It looks so bland from what I've seen.  The environments are dull, enemies are mostly generic, the AI is poor, the music and sound effects are a poor fit and the combat didn't excite me at all.  I've no idea why as it's a game I should like, and while admittedly there's some cool moments, it's just not enough to stop me feeling 'meh, I've seen all this before and done far better'.

I've had debates about BB2, I'm not convinced it's a good idea, as much as I love BB, I'd rather see a new take on Soulsborne, I think the series is at its best this way, I've always thought Demon's, Dark 1 and BB are the best of the games, in no particular order, but for that freshness.

Not that I want to get involved in the handbags, but as a DW fan myself (I stopped at 7/Next, trophies killed it for me, felt physically sick platting 7) I think at some point the admission has to be that Koei have made the same game for the last 20 yrs, it's a bit of a running joke in my household, but one we admire.  How Koei achieved it is bewildering, but I've had a lot of fun along the way.  I own 8, can't bring myself to play it, but 9 is looking good...oh no, please no... :P

15 minutes ago, RedMustang72 said:

I was (am?) looking forward to Code Vein...but I'm just not feeling it.  It looks so bland from what I've seen.  The environments are dull, enemies are mostly generic, the AI is poor, the music and sound effects are a poor fit and the combat didn't excite me at all.  I've no idea why as it's a game I should like, and while admittedly there's some cool moments, it's just not enough to stop me feeling 'meh, I've seen all this before and done far better'.

I've had debates about BB2, I'm not convinced it's a good idea, as much as I love BB, I'd rather see a new take on Soulsborne, I think the series is at its best this way, I've always thought Demon's, Dark 1 and BB are the best of the games, in no particular order, but for that freshness.

Admittedly, I haven't seen tons of gameplay, but the environments look pretty varied from that one video that was linked earlier. The enemy designs aren't nearly as rad as the Souls games, but I don't think they're bad. As for the AI, the game's still in development, so we can expect that to be improved in the full game. I just like the whole anime aesthetic combined with the gameplay of a Souls title. They are like my two favourite things ever. :P

I love all the Soulsborne games, but Bloodborne is probably my favourite take on it with the setting and a focus on a more aggressive playstyle. I think it would be a shame not to continue that series. I'd love to see what else they could do with that IP. Of course, I wouldn't turn down a new Souls-like game from them either, though. And yes, I would consider Demon's, Dark, and BB to be the best games as well, but I think Dark Souls 3, in particular, is an excellent game, even if it's not breaking any new ground.