Things you might want to know before playing this Vita version.

crisding89

Topic.

EU (UK) Vita version of this game is pretty much broken.

It's hard to progress as in a few later levels the game decides to skip too many frames at once and it's kinda unbearable for a platformer like this.

PS4 version is running okay tho, or try to play this on Vita for some pointless challenges. 

Edited by C89-NYDCD
  • Like 2

Yeah, just got the plat, and damn thats laggy

The trophy for beating 10 levels in a row without dying is much harder in this version, due to the ridiculous framerate drop that constantly makes your character teleport while jumping (levels 9 and 10 are by far the worst).

4 hours ago, C89-NYDCD said:

Topic.

EU (UK) Vita version of this game is pretty much broken.

It's hard to progress as in a few later levels the game decides to skip too many frames at once and it's kinda unbearable for a platformer like this.

PS4 version is running okay tho, or try to play this on Vita for some pointless challenges. Meh~

I need just one more trophy for the platinum "beat 10 levels without dying" but that level 9 is a disaster with the framerate. It's all over the place. It took me forever to get the secret ending not because it was difficult but the part where there are about 10 rockets on screen it all went to shit. Could see nothing due to the framerate issues so I guessed where i was going and eventually made it. So yes do not but this on the VITA. A pity thou cause I actually was enjoying it. 

1 hour ago, LucasDiasC said:

Yeah, just got the plat, and damn thats laggy

The trophy for beating 10 levels in a row without dying is much harder in this version, due to the ridiculous framerate drop that constantly makes your character teleport while jumping (levels 9 and 10 are by far the worst).

100% agree. That what's messing up my run.. Levels 9 & 10. I will just have to stick it out

Took me a few runs to do the secret ending, once all the missiles came out my vita slowed right down causing me to die so many times.
Not looking forward to doing the 10 levels in a row due to frame rate. The only positive is many of the stages were made easier due to objects being taken out of so many levels.

It's a mess for sure. I had to play level 9 and 10 first before doing 1-8 for The Legend because of the slowdown causing unnecessary losses. Even then I was messing up on easy parts because of the lag. Same with doing some of the secret areas. What was funny was seeing how some of the obstacles had been removed. I assume this was to try to make it run better, so I can only imagine how bad it could have been.

The final boss was also pretty funny. For some reason he thought shooting the sky was the way to go. Stellar stuff.

• Like 1

WTF?

I finished Boss 3 but did the Secret first. Then I went back to do normal ending to earn the gold trophy but it didn't work.

Went through the final boss 3 times now, no luck at all....hmmm....

Is there anyone having the same issue? Is this trophy glitched?

Definitely don't wanna go through the horrible game all over again!

Edited by C89-NYDCD

For anyone doing the 10 levels in a row, you can do any 10 levels, not just the 1st 10. 

I did 1-4, 11-13, and then 21, 29 and i think it was 24. Basically, these last 3 are the ones where you can change into the double jump ninja and just jump up to the scroll in under 5 seconds.

As long as you do 10 different levels in a row with out dying, the trophy will pop. Just remember that when it goes to the replay screen, to press start and the exit level and not just x into the next level.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Blinkant said:

For anyone doing the 10 levels in a row, you can do any 10 levels, not just the 1st 10. 

I did 1-4, 11-13, and then 21, 29 and i think it was 24. Basically, these last 3 are the ones where you can change into the double jump ninja and just jump up to the scroll in under 5 seconds.

As long as you do 10 different levels in a row with out dying, the trophy will pop. Just remember that when it goes to the replay screen, to press start and the exit level and not just x into the next level.

Thanks for the info. I can confirm it works and helps a lot! Got 10 level without death trophy in my first try using this method.

11 hours ago, C89-NYDCD said:

WTF?

I finished Boss 3 but did the Secret first. Then I went back to do normal ending to earn the gold trophy but it didn't work.

Went through the final boss 3 times now, no luck at all....hmmm....

Is there anyone having the same issue? Is this trophy glitched?

Definitely don't wanna go through the horrible game all over again!

Trophy is glitched. I had the same issue on the PS4 version.

Turn ON the level replay option, then repeat the boss battle. Trophy will pop when the replay loads.

With replay OFF, you go straight to the credits and that somehow prevents the trophy from popping.

2 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Trophy is glitched. I had the same issue on the PS4 version.

Turn ON the level replay option, then repeat the boss battle. Trophy will pop when the replay loads.

With replay OFF, you go straight to the credits and that somehow prevents the trophy from popping.

Thanks for the info, indeed I have turned replay off and have turned on before I did 10 levels no death trophy.

I have just got same tip from my friend who suggested me to turn on replay and play last boss. He played PS4 version as well tho.

Will test it on Vita version later and update here. :)

UPDATE: Yes. Turn on 'replay' before trying to earn Normal Ending trophy! Otherwise you won't be rewarded the 'Who's Laughing Now' gold trophy.

Edited by C89-NYDCD

On 12.10.2017 at 3:10 AM, Blinkant said:

I have just 100%ed all (to a German guy available) three versions of the game.

Thank you very much for this tip Blinkant. I did it exactly the way you described and it worked very well.

I can even add the information that your deaths between levels (if you are travelling to get to another level via the "main world hubs") do not reset your counter. I died two times at I think 7 completed levels (because of the rocket launcher thing which has to open the wall when you want to get from world 2 to world 3). After I got to world 3, I completed the remaining three levels and earned the trophy for beating 10 levels without dying.

The Vita-version has serious issues and the secret ending actually takes a few tries.

Some levels (like the laser factory) are easier on Vita, though, as the dev did not include all laser traps. This (and other reduced obstacles) thankfully applies to quite a few levels.

The rocket launcher machine I mentioned isn't part of the Vita-version either.

Greetings from Germany :)

• Like 1

Just can't do level 30 with these shit tornadoes that never work!

Is there a certain knack to it with timing pressin x or somat??

Done that. Now trying to get the secret ending and have been trying what should be something really simple for over half an hour with the shit frame rate issues. 

Can't wait to be done with this piece of shit broken game! 

Is the ps4 version as bad as this? 

Edited by MIKEY-L-666

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2017 at 10:35 PM, MIKEY-L-666 said:

Just can't do level 30 with these shit tornadoes that never work!

Is there a certain knack to it with timing pressin x or somat??

Done that. Now trying to get the secret ending and have been trying what should be something really simple for over half an hour with the shit frame rate issues. 

Can't wait to be done with this piece of shit broken game! 

Is the ps4 version as bad as this? 

The PS4 version runs smoothly. I had no issues whatsoever and was a complete breeze compared to the rubbish that is the Vita version...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Has the Vita version been fixed by the devs yet?

Honestly contemplating not doing the PS Vita version, which is  shame. I would have bought, played and loved the Vita version.

I won't be surprised if it does not get fixed.
A large amount of these Vita ports have similar issues like this and not many get fixed unless they are impossible to pass. This was not impossible it was just frustrating

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

I won't be surprised if it does not get fixed.
A large amount of these Vita ports have similar issues like this and not many get fixed unless they are impossible to pass. This was not impossible it was just frustrating

There are other  games I can buy for $5, so I think i'll give it a pass. Plus I can always just get the US PS4 versions for 2 plats.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I wasn't sure if I should play this game at first, but I just finished the game without too much trouble. Although there was lag in a few levels, there was never that much lag that it became unplayable for me.

Edit: I just got the platinum!! and if you ask me it wasn't too bad. Beating 10 levels without dying might be challenging, but it is still doable.

Edited by donovanm37

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2017 at 8:13 AM, donovanm37 said:

I wasn't sure if I should play this game at first, but I just finished the game without too much trouble. Although there was lag in a few levels, there was never that much lag that it became unplayable for me.

Edit: I just got the platinum!! and if you ask me it wasn't too bad. Beating 10 levels without dying might be challenging, but it is still doable.

Vita version or PS4?

• 2 months later...