The Code of the Elves!

My update way overdue.

I finally platinumed Uncharted 2. It only took me 7 years to go back. I kept telling myself I was going to go back. I finally did. Best one in the series in my opinion. 

I worked on Star Wars Battlefront 2 but the leveling system just fucked me. I put more than 25 hours in the game n I'm barely around level 20. That is a huge grind. I hope they fix it. 

I did very little on Kingdom Hearts and none on Heavy Rain.

All these servers closing put these games on the front of my list plus Rocket league is so much fun. That's my crack game, I just keep going back to that. Great fun.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

I'm actually curious: what was everyone's favorite game on their list? I personally think I had the most fun with Before the Storm and Fractured But Whole :D

This is a tough question since I liked different aspects of each game. (Which is part of the fun of this event; the ability to play diverse games) 

I would probably say my favourite was Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space because of its humor and the fun I had playing it. 

Spec Ops: The Line was a close second because of its excellent story and the challenge it presented.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Pyre is SO fantastic, I wish more people were playing it... Cuz to me it seems like it's barely mentioned anywhere. How did your ending look btw?

Pretty good, think. The Big Plan succeeded, as far as i can remember, and i won all but two ascension rites - and those two i lost on purpose. The very first one, because at some time you hear a monologue from your opponent about his wife or so and that he isn't even sure, she still remembers him or something like that, and at that point i didn't know there was a limited number of ascension rites, i thought i would just take longer to free all of my teammates... And the second one was the harpy because her sister begged me to let her go free...

Also, i choose to stay an outcast and set one more of the others free.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lorajet said:

@Toogie53 So, any plans for the next game competition extravaganza? 

I plan to start something closer in 2-3 weeks that would revolve around Valentine's day. I just haven't figured out how to make the theme work yet, so far none of my ideas have been able to translate over to categories for game selections very well. There will be something coming though. 

20 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I second this! I'm ready and raring to go with a new stack of games from Christmas, that now need to be completed! :D

Haha. "Finish your Christmas games" might be an easier event to plan. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 4

On 1/6/2018 at 11:07 PM, ShakeNBake663 said:

I'm actually curious: what was everyone's favorite game on their list? I personally think I had the most fun with Before the Storm and Fractured But Whole :D

Geez. this is a tough question. Off my event list, I'd have to say Saint's Row 4. There's just something to love about the over the top wacky situations that game puts you in. Over the whole holiday season, I'd probably say Undertale. That one caught me off guard, it hit a bunch of my nostalgia buttons and had this creative twist to it that made it unique. I also platted Horizon Zero Dawn and I really enjoyed that. Not sure what it is, but something holds it back from being as beloved by me as it is for some of my friends. Maybe it was just that it had no chance to live up to all the hype. They made it sound like it was like life-changing and the game of the year without a doubt. And when I finally played it, I'm like, this is merely very good. meh. 

12 hours ago, redcar200 said:

My update way overdue.

I finally platinumed Uncharted 2. It only took me 7 years to go back. I kept telling myself I was going to go back. I finally did. Best one in the series in my opinion. 

I worked on Star Wars Battlefront 2 but the leveling system just fucked me. I put more than 25 hours in the game n I'm barely around level 20. That is a huge grind. I hope they fix it. 

I did very little on Kingdom Hearts and none on Heavy Rain.

All these servers closing put these games on the front of my list plus Rocket league is so much fun. That's my crack game, I just keep going back to that. Great fun.

Yeah, I see you on Rocket League all the time. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

I'm glad you all had fun. Sorry I haven't sent the badges out yet. I applied for a promotion at work and have been spending my extra time mostly working on a presentation for the interview process. I still think I'll have the badges out by this weekend like I stated initially though. I was hoping to deliver early. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I'm glad you all had fun. Sorry I haven't sent the badges out yet. I applied for a promotion at work and have been spending my extra time mostly working on a presentation for the interview process. I still think I'll have the badges out by this weekend like I stated initially though. I was hoping to deliver early. 

No rush mate, work comes first :) good luck

I think I've settled on a theme for the next event. I'd welcome feedback if you have an opinion. I was unhappy with just saying play love games because Valentines day. However, holiday events are my thing... So what I came up with is "The SHIPS of Human Connection" which would be companionship, partnership, friendship, and relationship. 

You would select games where the characters within the game define those terms for you. These definitions are very personal and there is some overlap between the ships I'm sure. How I define them and maybe a couple games that come to mind are below.

Companionship - The lowest level of connection is this one. Having someone there so you are not alone. The games that come to mind are Journey, Fallout 4, and also one called literally Never Alone. Child of Light looks like it too but I don't know plot details. 

Partnership - Two or more people coming together to take on a task because they have similar goals, or a professional relationship. Shadow of War or Mordor. The Walking Dead, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. Probably any military, police, pirate/criminal org or sports game.

Friendship - Two or more people that are loyal to each other and come together because they truly enjoy the others' company. Sometimes friends become partners and vice versa, but I see friendship as the deeper connection. Games would include Final Fantasy XV, Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations, Minecraft Story Mode, Lego Harry Potter. 

Relationship - This goes beyond friendship and into devotion. I would encourage a romantic relationship choice, but if its not your bag there is parental love, sibling love, etc. I've heard Final Fantasy X is a good romance choice. I think The Last of Us fits with its pseudo father/daughter thing. Uncharted 4 touches on brotherhood and marriage relationships. Brothers obviously works. 

Some games/plots are very big and arguably could be slotted into one of many categories. These are like Mass Effect, The Witcher, Kingdom Hearts, etc.

• Like 4

Thanks for hosting this event @Toogie53! Your events have been helping me get games done (even though I think I bought more than I finished with your Halloween and Christmas events.. ?). Hope you get that promotion! 

As for the Valentine's idea, it sounds good. I think V-Day is one 'holiday' where it's a bit difficult to find games for the category.