No platinum? -_-

alexhardstyle

17 minutes ago, wilwheaton5 said:

This sucks! I honestly don't know why they just didn't recycle the list from the original game like with Skyrim on VR, and they still expect you to play 30!

Because it's not just the same game in VR like Skyrim. It's a new campaign made specifically for VR. 

• Like 2

I think that the experience that comes with this new Doom game, even if it may not be the same as the original game by Bethesda or doesn't have a platinum, should still be given a try regardless. Plenty of games, like Hitman or Abzu, don't have a platinum trophy but are gaming jewels in my collection and I have enjoyed my time with them!

If you think that it is overpriced, do you really need to buy it right at this second? Give it some time, a better deal may arise that is more worth it, and you save more money. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, johntatsi said:

I agree it's pretty pathetic to judge what a game is worth based off it's trophies, but too be fair games that lack a platinum with small lists are usually really short games, maybe this is a sign Doom VFR is only like 2 hours? I'm pretty sure it's a different game from 2016's Doom.

4 hours ago, diskdocx said:

No platinum is supposed to mean that the game has limited amount of content. Given that 1-2 hour games are routinely getting platinums, then this is either a very basic game, or the devs are incredibly lazy and couldn't be bothered to create a plat list (which they could have done with just golds and a couple of silvers).

So based on the above, $30.00 seems over-priced.

There's no saying what a dev feels like is worth a platinum. It was already stated that VFR would be shorter than last year's DOOM, but since that game was about 10-12 hours long this game could still be 5-6 and not be worth a platinum in the dev's eyes.

Note that Sonic Mania has no platinum and is about 6 hours long, someone made a "no platinum" thread on that as well and people love that game now.

3 hours ago, Leo_the_Lion25 said:

Exactly. There was a VR game for about 19.99 on Steam that is coming to PlayStation next year. It is only 3 minutes worth of gameplay and you complete the game. I doubt this game will have a Platinum Trophy whenever it comes to PlayStation. That is not worth the money. 

As for this Doom, 30 bucks should come with a Platinum Trophy. People have their own opinions and I can understand that. But it doesn't change the fact that this is a trophy site. We all share a common interest. Some people do buy games based on price and trophies. Some people wait for AAA games to go down in value instead of dropping $60 day one release. 

That common interest being videogames. The percentage trophy hunters to regular gamers is higher on this site than on average, sure, but there's a lot of non-hunters on the forums as well. To me, a three minute game would not be worth €20 regardless of how many trophies you force into it. I'd like to know which title you're referring to by the way, I feel like €20 for a three minute game is kind of weird.

Personally, I think we're seeing less platinum trophies in VR games because these cases that get talked about are big devs doing a (for their standards) smaller game, while many small games which have a platinum were made by small devs as well.

Playroom VR has a platinum and it takes less time to get than 100% completion in Batman: Arkham VR or one normal playthrough of Sonic Mania, both of which don't have a platinum.

I'm usually not into FPS but I enjoyed DOOM last year and I'm enjoying Farpoint on VR at the moment. I'd like to see some reviews and I'd like to know about length of the campaign, but I feel like I may get this sooner rather than later.

Can't wait for this. For anyone who is being stupid and hating on the game for not having a platinum, here's an idea for you.

Buy this game at the same time as My Name Is Mayo. Get your Plat and then imagine Doom VR as DLC. If you have a vita, tap the screen with your foot while you play Doom VR, 2 games with trophies in one.

8 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Can't wait for this. For anyone who is being stupid and hating on the game for not having a platinum, here's an idea for you.

Buy this game at the same time as My Name Is Mayo. Get your Plat and then imagine Doom VR as DLC. If you have a vita, tap the screen with your foot while you play Doom VR, 2 games with trophies in one.

I haven't seen anyone say a single bad thing about the game just that for the price of the game it should have a platinum. I'll be buying it day one since it looks like a lot of fun but it still should have a platinum for $30 otherwise it should be $20 or less.

Since I got over 100 Platinums, I'm starting to prefer 100% lists instead. A 100% list will rarely have a 50-100 hour game that will suck all my time and is less likely to have DLC adding more trophies later down the line when I no longer want to play it anymore.

Providing though this is more of a 5-10 hour than a AAA release, I'm more concerned about the price than trophies.

NO PLATINUM!?

There's only one thing to do in this situation!

SIGN A PETITIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Sign here please http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/

So we can get Doom VR a plat, you can make a difference!

First we gonna nerf Mein Leben, then we going to march to the Playstation headquarterz and get Doom VR a plat, then we going to Kaz Hirai's house and get Cuphead to PS4!!!!

if-everyone-could-sign-this-petition-tha

Edited by TurdFlingingApe
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

we going to Kaz Hirai's house and get Cuphead to PS4!!!!

That would be great! Kaz must be hiding it somewhere. We are not going to leave until he gives it to us.

Also don't understand the complaints about games not having a platinum trophy, but I guess some people moved on from playing videogames to just collect as many plats as easily and fast as possible.

16 hours ago, Phil said:

So you hold the monetary value of a game based on how many trophies it has? That is probably the saddest thing I've read on this site in a long time.

15 hours ago, SlimSanta94 said:

Why do people always make such a big deal about games not having a platinum trophy or not enough trophies for their liking? I genuinely don't understand it..

Because this is a Trophy-Hunter forums, not an usual game forums. Easy as that.

What I don't like with the trophy list is apparently it "forces" us to play with teleport method for one of the trophy. I wanted to play with free roaming and the aim controller. Well, I'l probably do a second run to farm teleports.

1 hour ago, FDC1 said:

What I don't like with the trophy list is apparently it "forces" us to play with teleport method for one of the trophy. I wanted to play with free roaming and the aim controller. Well, I'l probably do a second run to farm teleports.

I saw a short interview with one of the devs and I think it was said there that teleporting is the way to move, as in I haven't heard them add that fluid was also an option.

42 minutes ago, Cubone said:

I saw a short interview with one of the devs and I think it was said there that teleporting is the way to move, as in I haven't heard them add that fluid was also an option.

It has been added recently:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FDC1 said:

It has been added recently:

Thanks for the link, I'll look at it later when I can use audio.

Maybe the trophies were from before the addition? I prefer fluid walking over teleports myself, immediately changed the settings in Farpoint from no turning to smooth turning and I did not enjoy the Here They Lie demo at all with the ninety degree turns.

On 11/28/2017 at 10:15 AM, Phil said:

So you hold the monetary value of a game based on how many trophies it has? That is probably the saddest thing I've read on this site in a long time.

On 11/28/2017 at 10:18 AM, johntatsi said:

I agree it's pretty pathetic to judge what a game is worth based off it's trophies, but too be fair games that lack a platinum with small lists are usually really short games, maybe this is a sign Doom VFR is only like 2 hours? I'm pretty sure it's a different game from 2016's Doom.

On 11/28/2017 at 10:30 AM, diskdocx said:

No platinum is supposed to mean that the game has limited amount of content. Given that 1-2 hour games are routinely getting platinums, then this is either a very basic game, or the devs are incredibly lazy and couldn't be bothered to create a plat list (which they could have done with just golds and a couple of silvers).

So based on the above, $30.00 seems over-priced.

On 11/28/2017 at 11:16 AM, charlijaen said:

There are shitty games with a platinum (Top Rated, Mayo, ..) that cost less than 1 €/$ but I think that the point he is making is that 30 €/$ is TOO MUCH for just a few trophies from a person who only cares about trophies.

A big and, let's say 'expensive' game like this one should have a platinum trophy.

If the devs opted out, it's ok, but the sales will be a bit lower because trophy whores will skip this one.

I am sure that 95% of Mayo purchases are just for trophies which is sad in a way. And this is gonna go the other way with this platinumless game.

Capcom collections like Capcom Arcade Cabinet, Megaman Legacy Collection Vols 1 & 2, and the Disney Afternoon Collection have a more difficult trophy list than a good chunk of all the shovelware crap that somehow gets a platinum these days. But people don't want to buy those because they don't have a platinum.

People talked shit about Sonic Mania. It's not a long game by any means and it turned out to be a good game for those of us who grew up playing Sonic on the Sega Genesis. Still didn't convince some people to buy it, considering there are no gold trophies in it's trophy list.

It's up to the developers on whether to release platinum trophies or not. If this was a fair world then My Name is Mayo would get the same amount of trophies as Aab's Animals and the Capcom Arcade Cabinet would have several different trophy lists each with a platinum. But this isn't a fair world.

I don't know. We seem to get this mentality that we only want games with platinums and if they don't have platinums, then we assume that they're short, they're too expensive, they're not worth playing just to get a small handful trophies or they're too difficult for what they offer.

Sometimes I wonder if games like Sonic Mania would have double the amount of game owners if it had a platinum trophy.

18 hours ago, Spaz said:

Sometimes I wonder if games like Sonic Mania would have double the amount of game owners if it had a platinum trophy.

Trophy hunters are only a very small percentage of gamers.

Look at Assassin's Creed Origins, for instance. Its platinum takes a while but is not really hard. At the time I write this, on PSN only 1 in every 50 players has taken the trouble to get the platinum. Yet, on PSNP, 1 in 5 has the platinum. And not all people on PSNP are actual trophy hunters.

Sonic Mania probably has lost some players because it doesn't have a platinum, just like 1000 Top Rated has ganed some players because it has a very easy platinum. On the grand scheme of gamers across all platforms, it probably doesn't matter as much as it looks like on PSNP.